"The Secret" from an esoteric perspective

Re: \

Thanks for finding this, mada85. From the article comes more telling info regarding Ray's character:

From Article said:
As the leader of the 'Spiritual Warrior' event, Ray pushed for participants to go without sleep, enter into altered states of mind through breathing exercises and meditation, compete in a game in which he played God and fast for 36 hours during a vision quest, Bunn said.

Yup, it's always a playing god game with pathological types. Ray's demeanor and statements are inhuman. Forget any responsibility for the participant's anguish and/or deaths. It's all about him and how he wants the world to perceive him.

Wondered earlier if any of the participants now recognize the negativity of Ray's behavior. Beverly Bunn, the one participant thus far who had a clue that something was amiss, and gave her impressions of the event, is already being targeted by Ray's spokesperson who had this to say:

From Article said:
Howard Bragman, a spokesman for Ray, said many people at the 'Spiritual Warrior' event had 'amazing experiences,' and noted that people should not rush to judgment about what occurred during an ongoing investigation.
'This is only one person out of many at this point,' he said.

Amazing experiences from the participants? More like ecstatic experiences...although I won't be surprised if some participants rush to Ray's defense given the shock and intense programming they underwent. People who desperately want something to be true have difficulty admitting that they've been harmed or had.

Beverly Bunn said:
These people, including myself were really just searching for a better way to live and a better life,' she said. 'And I commend us for that.'

Looking back, she said it's easy to see how so many people were overcome. No one was well-hydrated, the sweat lodge was poorly ventilated, no safety tips were provided and appropriate medical care wasn't available, she said.

[quote author=article]Howard Bragman, a spokesman for Ray, said many people at the 'Spiritual Warrior' event had 'amazing experiences,'[/quote]

Yeah, I'd say death would qualify as an "amazing experience." Sheeesh- what a waste of human lives.

If Ray isn't a psychopath, he certainly acts and talks like one.

James Arthur Ray ARRESTED: Self-Help Guru Charged In 3 'Spiritual Warrior' Sweat

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/03/james-ray-arrested-selfhe_n_448645.html

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. — Motivational speaker James Arthur Ray was arrested Wednesday afternoon on three counts of manslaughter for deaths that happened after a sweat lodge ceremony he led in northern Arizona last year. Ray was taken into custody on an indictment at his attorney's office in Prescott, and was to be booked into the Yavapai County jail in Camp Verde, sheriff's officials said. His bond was set at $5 million.

Ray's attorneys said Wednesday he surrendered to authorities but that the charges were unjust and they were confident he would be exonerated in court.

"This was a terrible accident, but it was an accident, not a criminal act," Ray attorney Luis Li said. "James Ray cooperated at every step of the way, providing information and witnesses to the authorities showing that no one could have foreseen this accident."

The Oct. 8 sweat lodge ceremony was intended to be the highlight of Ray's five-day "Spiritual Warrior" event at a retreat he rented just outside Sedona. He told participants, who paid more than $9,000 each to attend, that it would be one of the most intense experiences of their lives.

About halfway through the two-hour ceremony, some began feeling ill, vomiting and collapsing inside the 415-square-foot structure. Despite that, Ray urged participants to push past their physical weaknesses and chided those who wanted to leave, authorities and participants have said.

Two people – Kirby Brown, 38, of Westtown, N.Y., and James Shore, 40, of Milwaukee – passed out inside the sweat lodge and died that night at a hospital. Liz Neuman, 49, of Prior Lake, Minn., slipped into a coma and died a week later. Eighteen others were hospitalized.

Neuman's daughter, Andrea Puckett, said Wednesday she was pleased with Ray's arrest and the effort authorities put into the investigation.

"It helps that he is, for now, being stopped from doing what he's doing, from harming anyone else, and that's the biggest relief for me and my family right now," said Puckett, of Bloomington, Minn.

This man was a guest speaker in the "The Secret" movie.

Hi Navigator, I merged your post with the existing thread on this event and James Ray and 'the secret'. I'm rather surprised he was actually arrested - this is a good thing, I think.

Back
Top Bottom