The Surprising Longevity Benefits of Vitamin K

Another confirmation of my theory:

This is exactly what Weston Price was saying about his Activator X. It appears in the fast-growing, early spring grass.
I thought only ruminants were capable of digesting grass? What exactly did he recommend? And how much to consume daily? I would prefer broccoli sprouts and dandelion leaves/roots lol. Purslane and Rocket shoots fresh from my garden lol, coriander and parsley and mint ;-)

The food with the most vitamin K seems to be Cabbage: 817 micrograms per 100 grams.

Asturian Pot with Cabbage: (4-6 Servings)
1 Penca or Picuda Cabbage
150 gr. from Faba Asturiana
4 Asturian Potatoes
2-3 Asturian Chorizos
2-3 Asturian blood sausages
1 piece of bacon or bacon
Water
Salt

The day before you soak the beans.

In a low casserole or rondo, add the beans, chorizos, blood sausage and bacon and cover with water. Let it cook for an hour or until the bean starts to get soft. Degreasing and defoaming.

You wash and chop the cabbage. In another saucepan, bring it to a boil to remove the strong flavor. Add to the casserole along with the other ingredients.

Add the potatoes that you have chopped. Remember to click at the end of the cut, they acquire more flavor and will thicken the broth. From time to time you should add water, I used approximately 2.5 liters. It depends if you like it more or less brothy. I like it normal. When the potatoes are cooked, remove from heat. I've had it on the heat (6-7) for two and a half hours or a little more. Adjust salt

If your chorizos and blood sausages have too much fat, you can boil them separately before adding them to the rest of the ingredients.

This recipe is something that people from the towns in my region eat every day and it has always caught my attention, who are very long-lived people with very strong health. People easily reach 90 years of age.

I have translated the recipe, I hope it is more or less understood.:-D

The food with the most vitamin K seems to be Cabbage: 817 micrograms per 100 grams.

4 Asturian Potatoes
2-3 Asturian Chorizos
Water
Salt

In a low casserole or rondo, add the beans, chorizos, blood sausage and bacon and cover with water. Let it cook for an hour or until the bean starts to get soft. Degreasing and defoaming.

You wash and chop the cabbage. In another saucepan, bring it to a boil to remove the strong flavor. Add to the casserole along with the other ingredients.

Add the potatoes that you have chopped. Remember to click at the end of the cut, they acquire more flavor and will thicken the broth. From time to time you should add water, I used approximately 2.5 liters. It depends if you like it more or less brothy. I like it normal. When the potatoes are cooked, remove from heat. I've had it on the heat (6-7) for two and a half hours or a little more. Adjust salt

If your chorizos and blood sausages have too much fat, you can boil them separately before adding them to the rest of the ingredients.

This recipe is something that people from the towns in my region eat every day and it has always caught my attention, who are very long-lived people with very strong health. People easily reach 90 years of age.

What region is that?

4 Asturian Potatoes
2-3 Asturian Chorizos
Water
Salt

I was inspired and made this recipe just now (with ready made beans) Thanks for posting! 😊

Estrogen also improves the conversion of vitamin K1 to K2.

Here is another study about that, where they used sesame seed, which also has mild estrogenic effect.

We have shown that intake of sesame seed and its lignan increases vitamin E concentrations and decreases urinary excretion levels of vitamin E metabolites in male Wistar rats, suggesting inhibition of vitamin E catabolism by sesame lignan. The aim of this study was to examine whether dietary sesame seed also increased vitamin K concentrations, because its metabolic pathway is similar to that of vitamin E. To test the effect of sesame lignan on vitamin K concentrations, male Wistar rats were fed a control diet or a diet with 0.2% sesamin (a sesame lignan) for 7 d in experiment 1. Liver phylloquinone (PK), menaquinone-4 (MK-4), and γ-tocopherol were greater in rats fed sesamin than in control rats. To test the effect of sesame seed on vitamin K concentrations, male Wistar rats were fed a control diet or a diet with 1, 5, or 10% sesame seed for 3 d in experiment 2. Liver and kidney PK and γ-tocopherol but not MK-4 were greater in rats fed sesame seed than in control rats, although differences in dietary amounts of sesame seed did not affect the PK concentrations. For further confirmation of the effect of sesame seed, male Wistar rats were fed a control diet or a diet with 20% sesame seed for 40 d in experiment 3. Kidney, heart, lung, testis, and brain PK and brain MK-4 were greater in rats fed sesame seed than in control rats. The present study revealed for the first time, to our knowledge, that dietary sesame seed and sesame lignan increase not only vitamin E but also vitamin K concentrations in rat tissues.

Back
Top Bottom