This Pastor Won’t Let His Wife Read Unless He Approves The Reading Material

Debra

The Living Force
Wow, this brought back a few looong shelved memories of my early days of religious inquiry, and “church shopping” in my late 20’s.
There was a very strong “undercurrent” of male superiority, head of the house kinda stuff, especially so in the 7th Day Adventist’s flock, and, I recall the Jehovah's Witness were right off the scale, Old Testament hell fire and all that, if the wife disobeyed.

This article is highlighting something that seems to be increasing in energy. What did the C’s call it?

Probable indicator of Increased hyper kinetic sensate, all the negative traits and twisted moral perceptions magnified in Service to self personality’s perhaps?

This Pastor Won’t Let His Wife Read Unless He Approves The Reading Material​

“I don’t have time to read it, and so you’re not going to read it either.”
by KATIE GARRITY
April 5, 2024

EF42BB57-AFB4-46EC-8989-9C90A7582E44.jpeg

Right Response Ministries / YouTube

A viral clip of Pastor Joel Webbon, leader of Right Response Ministries and Covenant Bible Church, is making the rounds on TikTok for his controlling, patriarchal, and misogynistic rhetoric.

In the clip, Webbon admits that he caught his wife reading a book that he did not give her permission to read and basically ordered her to stop immediately until he could read it first
“There are certain books that I’ve just had to say, ‘Hey, I don’t know if this is a bad book, but I don’t have time to read it, and so you’re not going to read it either. We’ll read it together,’” he said.

“I remember recently my wife had a book and I saw her reading it on the couch, and it was about paedobaptism. And I said, ‘No, we’re not doing that yet. We will become paedobaptists when I’m ready.’”
He then went on to say that he refused to let his wife have any sort of knowledge that he may not have quite yet because God forbid she be able to teach him anything.

“But my wife’s not going to be a paedobaptist for three years before I am, and I don’t have time to read it right now. I know the arguments will be great. I will agree and disagree. I’m not sure which arguments are better, but for the time being, this is what I’m persuaded of and you’re not going to outpace me.”

Under his eye, indeed!

Like, sir, um, you just said the quiet part out loud! Apparently, for Webbon, saying the quiet part out loud is pretty on-brand.

He goes on to say that when it comes to his family, he is in charge. So much so that he apparently dictates when his children can relieve themselves.

“I have four people in my life that I dictate the hours in their day. I dictate what time they go to the bathroom. When we eat, what we eat, what we wear. They are my children. Those are the people that I have almost limitless authority with,” he continued.

Can someone please send this woman a book about narcissism with a decoy cover?

I tried to do that, but then I received this letter from Amazon:

Dear Customer,

Despite our valiant efforts, we were unable to deliver your package to Mr. Webbon's wife. The predatory instinct of Mr. Webbon simply made the task impossible. Here is a summary of our attempts.

On Friday, April 5th, when our deliveryman, Jimmy Pastorific, exited his van, he was viciously hit by a cross in the face. According to our 5G sensors, Jimmy lost consciousness and dropped the package in front of his salivating assailant. Unfortunately, it didn't take very long for Mr. Webbon to shred the packaging and expose the beautifully designed cover of the book Striptease Your Way Out Of Narcissism. After a few seconds, Mr. Webbon deemed the book unfit for consumption and set fire to it... along with the van! Jesus was called to clean the mess; Satan had an alibi.

On Monday, April 8th, the day of the eclipse, Jimmy, fully restored to his initial state, patiently waited for nighttime to arrive... in the middle of the day. Even though he was astrologically inclined, he had a very small window of opportunity to accomplish his task. He intended to slip the package underneath the back door. At 1:45 PM, darkness enveloped him, he was ecstatic! But his enthusiasm was short-lived—he wasn't obscured, as he thought, by the eclipse, but by the pastor. Needless to say, the package was last seen 6 feet underground during Jimmy's funeral.

Amazon Customer Service

Wow, this brought back a few looong shelved memories of my early days of religious inquiry, and “church shopping” in my late 20’s.
There was a very strong “undercurrent” of male superiority, head of the house kinda stuff, especially so in the 7th Day Adventist’s flock, and, I recall the Jehovah's Witness were right off the scale, Old Testament hell fire and all that, if the wife disobeyed.

This article is highlighting something that seems to be increasing in energy. What did the C’s call it?

Probable indicator of Increased hyper kinetic sensate, all the negative traits and twisted moral perceptions magnified in Service to self personality’s perhaps?

This Pastor Won’t Let His Wife Read Unless He Approves The Reading Material​

“I don’t have time to read it, and so you’re not going to read it either.”
by KATIE GARRITY
April 5, 2024

View attachment 94394

Right Response Ministries / YouTube

A viral clip of Pastor Joel Webbon, leader of Right Response Ministries and Covenant Bible Church, is making the rounds on TikTok for his controlling, patriarchal, and misogynistic rhetoric.

In the clip, Webbon admits that he caught his wife reading a book that he did not give her permission to read and basically ordered her to stop immediately until he could read it first
“There are certain books that I’ve just had to say, ‘Hey, I don’t know if this is a bad book, but I don’t have time to read it, and so you’re not going to read it either. We’ll read it together,’” he said.

“I remember recently my wife had a book and I saw her reading it on the couch, and it was about paedobaptism. And I said, ‘No, we’re not doing that yet. We will become paedobaptists when I’m ready.’”
He then went on to say that he refused to let his wife have any sort of knowledge that he may not have quite yet because God forbid she be able to teach him anything.

“But my wife’s not going to be a paedobaptist for three years before I am, and I don’t have time to read it right now. I know the arguments will be great. I will agree and disagree. I’m not sure which arguments are better, but for the time being, this is what I’m persuaded of and you’re not going to outpace me.”

Under his eye, indeed!

Like, sir, um, you just said the quiet part out loud! Apparently, for Webbon, saying the quiet part out loud is pretty on-brand.

He goes on to say that when it comes to his family, he is in charge. So much so that he apparently dictates when his children can relieve themselves.

“I have four people in my life that I dictate the hours in their day. I dictate what time they go to the bathroom. When we eat, what we eat, what we wear. They are my children. Those are the people that I have almost limitless authority with,” he continued.

He would be a good dictator in China

It's the same philosophy as in the futuristic novel Fahrenheit 451, where all books are burnt and only those who refuse this system and have a conscience will fight to remember what books are: knowledge and learning. And his wife, unfortunately, accepts this situation of submission, the worst of all, that of being forbidden to read, like most of the characters in Ray Bradbury's book.

Back
Top Bottom