Transcripts relating to pets

Thanks for collating and posting the excerpts, @thorbiorn. There's some interesting topics and ideas discussed that feed curiosity. Of particular interest to me is the last few having recently battled with the thought of rehoming my pup. He's my first from a puppy age and a large breed (Great Pyrenees/ Maremma mixed with german shepherd) so naturally I did a fair amount of considering before deciding, but still, based on a romanticized view of having a badass companion as well and in the end made an impulsive decision, at least timing-wise.

Calm and and with a very friendly disposition towards people and other dogs, I have lucked out with him as he has not been a challenge to manage, even at early age when they're so full of energy. It has meant plenty of sacrifices though (time and attention) to give him time outdoors, play and social interaction (which he thrives on), a certain quality of life as a pet for what is essentially a mix of working dof genes. I've had to modify my life (work and personal) around him to take care of him on my own.

That was all manageable and to an extent a conscious choice though until recently when life got complicated and I was considering/ trialling relocating. A long period of boarding followed by a temporary arrangement that was far from the comfort of the routine we had known for the last 2 years I've had him brought about changes in his behaviour. He adapts well to change from what I've observed (better than me defo) but seems part of the reason was me. The stress of uncertainty and struggle affected me and him considering how quick they are to pick up on (and mirror) your emotional state. He had a few incidents of aggression towards people that he knew (though never developed a relationship with) and also a couple with strangers. I am now thinking, beyond the general anxiety of the situation bringing out misguided instincts, both of us were probably exposed and vulnerable to negative energies/ attachments.

Q: (L) We have one little personal question we want to ask before we shut down shop for tonight: We have a situation with puppy dog, Argos, and we would like to know if we are dealing with the situation appropriately. And is there anything we should know about this situation that we don't?
A: You are dealing appropriately. This is not a time for persons who have issues of their own to take on responsibility for another creature that can act as a conduit of negative energies.
Q: (L) So, is the outcome that we have predicted where this has to go?
A: Most likely.

Both, amount of care needed/ handlingb him on my own with a small place without a yard and the incidents made me seriously re-think the responsibility. Throughout my considering I've had the Cs words (bolded above) in my mind so I do appreciate getting a little more context and guidance. Things are somewhat balanced and happy now, and generally I've had a good handle on the relationship with him (dominance etc); have seen zero concerning behaviour from him. Yet, I'm still doing some thinking. I am curious about the idea of 'our energy profiles matching' whether that is the case and whether there is protection provided (at least when I've got my life in order haha) but at the same time I do find myself more open to the idea of giving him up/ holding off on having a companion until better settled.

Back
Top Bottom