Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Videos like these do a disservice to real reporters like Gary Webb or say Tom O’Neill who get close to the gray zone of reporting where you worry about people going to steal real evidence you’ve found and can understand that there is some sort of man behind the curtain but you can’t quite get all the facts because at that level people destroy evidence ect…. T
You simply amaze me, ben...

FROM THE ARTICLE I POSTED:

SNIP:
The CIA funded its dirty war against Nicaragua by helping the Contras to flood America’s Black urban centers with crack cocaine. That is the argument put forward by investigative journalist Gary Webb in his “dark alliance” series for The San Jose Mercury News and later in his book of the same name. The articles were widely republished and caused a storm of indignation across the country, with massive public anger being directed towards the agency.

Fortunately, the CIA could count on the loyalty of many friendly journalists, among them Tucker Carlson, who by 1996 was working for neocon publication The Weekly Standard. In an article titled “A Disgraceful Newspaper Exposé and Its Fans,” Carlson launched a wall-to-wall defense of the organization he had recently applied to join.

Framing it all as a ludicrous accusation, he claimed that there was “no evidence” for Webb’s claims, and presented the CIA as a noble institution under unfair scrutiny and constant attack from forces inside the U.S. that wanted to bring it down. Far from engaging in the drug trade, he claimed that there is “ample evidence” that CIA officials had “moved to remove drug traffickers” from the “Nicaraguan resistance” – an interesting choice of words to describe the Contras.

He also wrote off the Black journalists showing interest in Webb’s findings as conspiracy theorists, stating that “few major media outlets have validated the series by reporting on its charges in any detail,” as if to say that this proved its erroneousness. In his book, “Politicians, Partisans, and Parasites: My Adventures in Cable News,” he would later describe the idea as “ridiculous.”

The CIA was very thankful to Carlson for helping muddy the waters and shooting the messenger. A declassified CIA document cites his Weekly Standard article, among others, as aiding them in “managing a nightmare.”

Webb was subject to a huge campaign to sully his name and hound him out of journalism. He faced intense scrutiny and criticism from the national security state. In 2004, he was found in his home in California with two bullets in his head. His death was officially ruled a suicide. Others believe the messenger was killed.

Seriously, criticize Tucker all you want for specific things he says or what he gets wrong, but how is it that people can't recognize courage and integrity when they see it?
He did very good! Several people were saying - opinions voiced on every platform - that when Trump won the 2020 election and the Deep State reversed his numbers to look like he lost, Tucker - an aristocrat himself - should have started the Civil War / Revolution for MAGA, as Noblesse oblige bringing together civilians in the entire territory of the US under his banner to fight for Trump. As we see, he had quite enough to do, as he admits in his interview.

Just as Laura said, I think, most older members on this forum now had the excellent opportunity to create a Work Picture / Photograph of Tucker and do a Work Observation / Analysis on him.

I did that and all things considered, who has awareness & how much, regards awareness-distribution on Earth, Tucker did pretty well. His performance is good, especially for an Obyvatel Aristocrat! I particularly liked his humility regards women and how he admitted his many shortcomings - repeatedly - during this interview and I may risk the statement: those admissions are a proof of a great man!

You simply amaze me, ben...

SNIP:
The CIA funded its dirty war against Nicaragua by helping the Contras to flood America’s Black urban centers with crack cocaine. That is the argument put forward by investigative journalist Gary Webb in his “dark alliance” series for The San Jose Mercury News and later in his book of the same name. The articles were widely republished and caused a storm of indignation across the country, with massive public anger being directed towards the agency.

Fortunately, the CIA could count on the loyalty of many friendly journalists, among them Tucker Carlson, who by 1996 was working for neocon publication The Weekly Standard. In an article titled “A Disgraceful Newspaper Exposé and Its Fans,” Carlson launched a wall-to-wall defense of the organization he had recently applied to join.

Framing it all as a ludicrous accusation, he claimed that there was “no evidence” for Webb’s claims, and presented the CIA as a noble institution under unfair scrutiny and constant attack from forces inside the U.S. that wanted to bring it down. Far from engaging in the drug trade, he claimed that there is “ample evidence” that CIA officials had “moved to remove drug traffickers” from the “Nicaraguan resistance” – an interesting choice of words to describe the Contras.

He also wrote off the Black journalists showing interest in Webb’s findings as conspiracy theorists, stating that “few major media outlets have validated the series by reporting on its charges in any detail,” as if to say that this proved its erroneousness. In his book, “Politicians, Partisans, and Parasites: My Adventures in Cable News,” he would later describe the idea as “ridiculous.”

The CIA was very thankful to Carlson for helping muddy the waters and shooting the messenger. A declassified CIA document cites his Weekly Standard article, among others, as aiding them in “managing a nightmare.”

Webb was subject to a huge campaign to sully his name and hound him out of journalism. He faced intense scrutiny and criticism from the national security state. In 2004, he was found in his home in California with two bullets in his head. His death was officially ruled a suicide. Others believe the messenger was killed.
So your argument is that the CIA directed Tucker Carlson to write that article? Tucker as a journalist in 1996 certainly doesn’t have the same experience as he does now in 2023 and perhaps now would be more skeptical of things if he was to contact the CIA PR office for comment. That sort of discernment happens with experience. Say for instance confronting Bill Barr about his blatant lying and learning from the interaction. Hence him admitting in the beginning video that he used to be “part of the problem” by being in legacy media.

I’m familiar with Gary Webb’s story, that’s why I used his name along with Tom O’Neill who also encountered similar resistance trying to report his story on Charles Manson. At some point certain forces get activated to stop certain people, some are unfortunately suicided with absurb explanations about how they shot themselves twice. Others, perhaps like Tucker get warned that their texts are hacked by the NSA. It takes a brain to try and sort these things out….. but it’s easy to make some monolithic conspiracy video like you posted as “proof”.

I have special interest in these threads that, IMO shed light on our forum’s close association and health. Two basic types 1) interloper comes in and becomes an impetuous toddler. And 2) a subject is brought to the table that causes disagreement. (a good thing IMO)

The issue of respect for a fellow forum member, and the tendency to fall into ad hominem, or straw manning, or besmirching one's ability to think etc.

A short hyperbolic example would be: it’s a blue balloon on a string, no it’s a red balloon on a chain. Hey! you are an idiot? And I can believe you would even say such a thing! Is not the best way to get the ball rolling on determining what is in front of us.

How important is that “one” issue, and how important is the relationship with the other forum member as well as the many more who are listening along?

I’m reminded of JP explaining how to argue: do you really want to beat/win and humiliate your wife in an argument, even if you are right? Then sleep with her and trust her to have your back in the future.

I am not asking anyone to change. Carry on. Do it your way. I’m just saying there is more going on here than what’s on the table. And it interests me to observe how this forum treats one another.

So your argument is that the CIA directed Tucker Carlson to write that article?
Don't put words in my mouth. I posted an article....And don't call me disingenuous, that's an insult.

Go ahead and stick with Teflon Tucker...I said that I don't believe who he pretends to be. I won't post the lewd and degrading comments he made on the radio about a teenage beauty contestant and other comments pertaining to women and races of people. Of which he said he will not appologize for...

I posted his history and all I got back was...'It can't be true.'

Saw the last interview... typical I thought, nothing special, maybe ok for beginners. As for Tucker, yes grew up with the usual old school pedigree the old Agency employed quite often, not dissimilar to ole Wolf Blitzer of CNN re Mossad's group of 'reporters'. He is on Fox afterall. Rupert's network of controlled opposition. Anyone not approved is/was disposed of... and this goes back many years...many of them went to RT until RT America was shutdown.
In this recent interview with those two guys, I didn't hear anything new... re UFOs seem to support the current 'release' as well. I must be missing something here... similar re earlier in this thread on that Jewish gay guy Ben Shapiro... all fit the same profile... remember that interview Joe Rogan did with him? Sort of outed himself didn't he? Yet still around as if nothing happened.... because they are members of the club... Usually they are well supported... like that older 'alt' media host... can't remember his name... both parents were CIA... he covers the same events as Tucker.... with more outlandish style... Tucker seems more user friendly. I don't see what others are finding to be so impressive here. If he was a real threat, he would've been dealt with... yet he's still here with so much support... same with Trump and all the others...some might mean well, but no one with a clue of what's really going on get to this level. It's just so obvious isn't it? But yes, you can still get a little glimpse of the truth here and there... all propaganda is based on this kernel of truth... that's the usual hook, right? Most of this interview was chit-chat IMO.... all the UFO stuff was nothing special... again, this might be a nice introduction for beginners, but for anyone that's been around a little bit, this is a big nothingburger... again.. .IMO.

Wow!! Sparks flying!! I’m going to attempt to comment without getting involved. (Ja ja!! Good luck with that, Buddy!!”) Then I’m going to attempt a neutral vector from there.

It seems to me that all ZzArtemis said was “I am jaded; I agree with what he is saying but I don’t trust him.” Ok. Fine.

Then we get the OMG! Response with the “pattern recognition run amok” knee jerk reaction (Which is itself “pattern recognition run amok!”). It seemed to me a lot of emotion was invested in this response. Coulda just been “hm interesting, I think you are off base and should consider that your cynicism is unjustified and unproductive”. (Not sure “disingenuous” was the right word as I think ZzArtemis was being sincere and honest)

So there are a couple dynamics at play here, OSIT. There is an aspect of “how could you possibly disagree with what I perceive to be the objective consensus which I am aligned with and am therefore ‘right’ and so, justified in trashing your point of view”. As well as, “what is the point in doubting or being cynical about someone who is saying positive things that bring a truer reality to light to a mass of people that is helping to bring about a much needed awakening?”

So is there an even bigger picture here? If so, I think It revolves around the concept and definitions of controlled opposition. How does that work? Sure I would like to believe there is a groundswell of awakening in the USA and that the PTB are incompetent and ultimately ham-fisted and guys like Tucker are leading the way to a broader understanding of reality. But…What happened on election night in 2020? When push came to shove did Tucker cave in and will he cave in the next time he is “asked”? or is this a case of “NOW, I see the light! Wont be fooled again!” IDK.

We all have sins. Faith says to give Tucker the benefit of the doubt at this point. Faith says redemption is possible and does happen. Faith says don’t judge what hatches from the egg by the nest it was sitting in. I know my thoughts and circumstances are very different from my parents and upbringing. Here’s to hoping Tucker is a true hero. But hero-worship has its pitfalls and downfalls.

So the acid test would be to ask just how could Tucker handing out red pills actually in any way be an intentional ploy of the deep state? In what way could Malone actually be a tool of the deep state? How could revelations of corruption and malfeasance actually be intentional by the self same individuals committing the corruption?

Maybe not at all. It makes no sense on one level. But is it totally level-headed to dismiss it entirely out of hand with absolute certainty?

Why Trust Tucker? But why then Trust the articles that are Trashing Tucker? And I think that is one outcome that benefits the deep state: doubt on all sides about everything.( That and rigid polarization. )

Tucker has clearly won a lot of trust in certain circles. Has he really influenced the left? Maybe. If so, that’s good. He is also preaching to the choir. Will he slip in a homily based on bad theology? It remains to be seen. So far so good.

Indeed there is a LOT going on here.

You know, when you talk about controlled opposition, I think back to my early days, of waking up. and I am sure I came across many that you could describe as such. But I think that what was important was I had an inner drive to seek out the truth, and I read just about everything for years and years. Most of which I would consider garbage now.

So let's just assume that Tucker Carlson, is controlled opposition. If he does enough, or says enough to get the attention of someone who is truly seeking, does it really matter what you call him?

Let's say that you are deathly ill, and are administered medicine, that is not perfect, far from it, but it heals you. Would you throw that medicine away?

That video was a real hit piece IMO. That was meant to sing to the choir. At least to my eyes....

In what way could Malone actually be a tool of the deep state? How could revelations of corruption and malfeasance actually be intentional by the self same individuals committing the corruption?
I haven't checked the cv thread in ages but inadvertently hit this page/post at the top:

Didn't see anyone rushing in there and speak to the poster like I was spoken to.....So, is it dislike for me? No, I didn't post on Malone but I did on another community board....I wonder if I posted the same as above what response would I get?

And for the record, I've been suspicious of Malone since last year.

I just read today where someone said they are afraid of posting....Not the 1st time said...Yeah, I feel ya.

Thank you all who agreed or respectfully disagreed, and intervened.

Didn't see anyone rushing in there and speak to the poster like I was spoken to.....So, is it dislike for me? No, I didn't post on Malone but I did on another community board....I wonder if I posted the same as above what response would I get?
I just read today where someone said they are afraid of posting....Not the 1st time said...Yeah, I feel ya.

Thank you all who agreed or respectfully disagreed, and intervened.
I would not take any of this personally, if I was you. I don't think anyone said or thought or even felt, "Oh, it is zzartemis! Attack!!" We are all being tested, from many different angles.

When it comes to Tucker, I think I said a few pages back that I really disliked him, specially in his CNN time, I found him obnoxious and mindless, he was then aligned with the neocon efforts and I do think he defended them from an emotional point of view mixed in with a high intellect that made him sound arrogant.

But today, he has become voice of reason, he has grown quite a bit. Why? couldn't tell you, it could be his conscience or the fact that he sees all the nonsense and is compelled to call it out as he sees it, much like we do here.

Does it come from a place, or the same place that it comes in us? with the same ideals? hardly, I think it comes from someone who is deeply enamored of the greatness of the USA, and sees the ineptitude and perhaps even designs to destroy it. In that sense, even if he has a subjective point of view, his reaction is human, and understandable.

Regarding his ties with the CIA or the Neocons or whatever else, well maybe.. but what do they prove? that he used to see the world differently? sure... does that steal any merit from what he's doing today? I don't think so, it's actually a lot more impressive for him to be where he is today, being where he used to be than if he had always been in agreement with my point of view.

In that sense, if there were sooo many skeletons in his closet, then they would've already used them to get rid of him, much like with Trump, they can't control him because they have nothing on him.. and they hacked his phone. I don't have to like Tucker, or his past, I listen to what he says today and that has incredible value.

Which brings me to, I don't think anyone is deifying him or calling him pure, which would be a mistake. He is simply someone who gets it right a lot of the time lately and is doing something no one else, or maybe Elon Musk to a degree, with that reach is doing.. and that is valuable! and it deserves support.

Which brings me to, does agreeing or seeing the value in what he is saying mean that he will NEVER disappoint us? I don't think so, Jordan Peterson, for all his greatness has some pretty glaring blindspots, I am sure Carlson has them to and they will eventually become apparent. But more importantly, being jaded about the political workings of any nation is a great way to defend oneself, but that defense is truly against disappointment, which fair enough, but it's also a great way to avoid seeing the good things when they do show up.

Agreeing with what someone says today, doesn't mean one has to completely adopt them as one's north, or like them. People are full of shades and some of them are brilliant and some are rotten, we may be in a position where we can say that something someone did or said is good and makes sense, but still disagree with that person on a lot more things.

Having said all that, Tucker Carlson is today a person who is doing something incredibly brave, and deserves commendation and respect and support.

On another note, Zzartemis, and others and this applies to all of us really, sometimes we choose to remain jaded forever, because it is more comfortable to stay there, protected from the world.. and sure, the world is scary and dangerous, but the trouble with that is the way we go about it, sometimes we do not react to a real danger that confirms our fears... Sometimes we look for "proof" that validates our jadedness (very different)... and if you look hard enough at ANYONE, you will eventually find something wrong with EVERYONE. Which is a great way to remain "safe", I say this respectfully, but it may be something to meditate upon, as it could go beyond this topic.

Think of it this way, if you really tried, you could make the case that anyone in this forum who lives in the US and pays taxes, is directly supporting the US war machine... which would be technically true, but does that really define them? Tucker being who he was.. which is undeniable and never denied, does that taint everything he is saying today? I think not.

Sometimes we look for "proof" that validates our jadedness (very different)... and if you look hard enough at ANYONE, you will eventually find something wrong with EVERYONE. Which is a great way to remain "safe", I say this respectfully, but it may be something to meditate upon, as it could go beyond this topic.
Alejo, you are a thoughtful person. But honestly, I have been monitored by the government and harassed daily, in the past....When the neo cons were in power. I had a multi national forum. I dug up everything on politicians and foreign policy, the banks...you name it. I was friends with and alternative journalists and had articles published (overseas too) that got me in hot water. You could google just my 1st name and I'd come up 7th. I had black helicopters everyday, multiple times per day fly over my house...once they circled low over my little boy and I, while out walking...if the windshields weren't blacked out I could have seen their faces. Dead small pets too...we didn't have a dog then.

The man that attacked me, held me hostage, beat me, and poured boiling water on my naked body was nephew of a mobster...a name you can still google....he was involved in runs to Cuba during the Cold War.

So understand, I know how dangerous the world is...I might not seen so bright to some but I was damaged, son.

Alejo, you are a thoughtful person. But honestly, I have been monitored by the government and harassed daily, in the past....When the neo cons were in power. I had a multi national forum. I dug up everything on politicians and foreign policy, the banks...you name it. I was friends with and alternative journalists and had articles published (overseas too) that got me in hot water. You could google just my 1st name and I'd come up 7th. I had black helicopters everyday, multiple times per day fly over my house...once they circled low over my little boy and I, while out walking...if the windshields weren't blacked out I could have seen their faces. Dead small pets too...we didn't have a dog then.

The man that attacked me, held me hostage, beat me, and poured boiling water on my naked body was nephew of a mobster...a name you can still google....he was involved in runs to Cuba during the Cold War.

So understand, I know how dangerous the world is...I might not seen so bright to some but I was damaged, son.
I am not denying any of the above, and I am sorry that such has been your experience, sincerely.

All I am saying is that if you never trust anyone that offers the truth because of that, then their work was entirely successful. Think about it.

Then we get the OMG! Response with the “pattern recognition run amok” knee jerk reaction (Which is itself “pattern recognition run amok!”)

Didn't see anyone rushing in there and speak to the poster like I was spoken to.....So, is it dislike for me?

Please don't make this personal or about emotions, it is not. It is not even about Tucker, but about the tendency of some people to engage in off-the-charts conspiratorial thinking, which leads to errors and illogical takes. It is our duty to point such things out here for the benefit of all.

The video @Zzartemis posted is a good example - irrational pseudo-dot-connecting on steroids. You can put together a video like that about almost anybody. Heck, I could do one about myself. With such thinking, you can "prove" all kinds of outrageous claims.

Or this:

SNIP:

Can't you see that this is the sloppiest kind of thinking? Most of us know about the Gary Webb story and similar CIA shenanigans. This article just presents that story, but then goes on to argue that just because Tucker was one among thousands of mainstream journalists who peddled the mainstream narrative at the time, and that some CIA analyst wrote in some report (these guys write reports with press clippings every day!) that Tucker's work was helpful in the cover-up, that Tucker must have been CIA. It should be obvious that no such inference can be made. What's more, to then go on to argue that he must be a nefarious player even now is another error. Again, he used to be a neocon shill, nobody denies that. So what?

Also keep in mind that the way COINTELPRO has historically operated is not by building up some pundit for decades (and a neocon shill to boot with no street credibility!), only to flip him into a limited hangout who happens to bang out truth bombs in the most eloquent ways. If I were the CIA, that would be the last thing I'd do. No, what they most often did was to divide opposition movements by sowing discord and accusations, including accusations of being agents of the enemy. Always works like a charm.

If we want to survive this, we must learn to think, and ground our thinking in experience and reality, not in a hyper-abstract realm of loose dots and jumping to conclusions and either/or thinking. Could I be wrong about things? Of course. But I know for sure that approaching conspiracy narratives with the same skepticism and grounded mindset as mainstream media narratives is the way to go. And I hope that if this exchange here has any merit, it is that it made that clear for those who read along here.

Back
Top Bottom