Turpentine and candida

Laura said:
furryfrog said:
I have been orally taking turpentine to combat Candida for the last month. I started slow, 1/4 teaspoon, and worked up to 1 teaspoon. Once I worked up to one teaspoon I had planned on doing the 5 days on and 2 days off routine as recommended by Bill Thompson in his book titled "Candida, Killing so Sweetly". The die off effects were too much so I throttled back to one day on one day off, which is also another of his recommendations when starting out.

What were the die-off effects?

My die off effects (Herxheimer Reaction) are fatigue, headache,and low stamina. Feels just like a mild to moderate "hangover".

I've realized recently that turpentine might be processed by the liver. This means that if your liver is not functioning well you may react more strongly to it (getting dizzy at a normal dose).

This comes from reading about how the liver is responsible for filtering "paint fumes". I wasn't able to find anything specifically mentioning turpentine but the shoe fits.

I have been on turpentine as well for a few weeks now - but only up to a teaspoon twice weekly. No serious die-off reaction, just some initial funny feeling in my head (which goes away within the hour) and a bit of a buzz for the rest of the day.

I remember that my mother would massage our body with turpentine when we had a flu, had a really nice effect, calming, nice smell, good sleep and usually the fever came down quite well. Another thing she did was putting hot potatoes in a stocking and hang them tightly around our neck - we kids hated that, but it seemed quite effective too, FWIW.

furryfrog said:
I have been orally taking turpentine to combat Candida for the last month. I started slow, 1/4 teaspoon, and worked up to 1 teaspoon. Once I worked up to one teaspoon I had planned on doing the 5 days on and 2 days off routine as recommended by Bill Thompson in his book titled "Candida, Killing so Sweetly". The die off effects were too much so I throttled back to one day on one day off, which is also another of his recommendations when starting out.

This thread made me look into it more seriously, My initial Impression of taking turpentine was craziness but it really does seem to be helping. I do feel the effects of the die off reaction, and I can smell turpentine on my breath sometimes, especially when I burp. I mix turps and castor oil 50/50 which is one of Bill's recommendations in his book. I have not died, and my candida is improving at a faster pace. In Bill's book he recommends certain protocols to protect your kidneys and liver and help them pull all the toxins out of your body when the Candida dies. You can really feel how toxic Candida is when it dies off, It does mean your getting rid of it though.

It have just recently comprehended how persistent Candida is. I finally figured out that I had Candida in January and have been making progress since then. Only when looking into it further have I realized how bad I had/have it. It has really kicked me in the arse. I believe I made a drastic error in not taking enough probiotics when starting the low carb diet. I have been on low carb for 2.5 years. I now feel with what I have learned about Candida, I may have had it to a lesser degree for most of my life.

I plan on continuing with the turps for another 6 weeks, and may look into borax after a break in between. Bill Thompson in his book says he personally prefers borax, but suggests switching between 3 different protocols until killing it off, then doing a maintenance routine. If I do the borax method I will post my impressions and results in the borax thread.

I am supposed to start the turpentine protocol this week, and I am wondering, what did you do dietarily to prepare for taking the turpentine? I was told to revamp my entire diet, and it has bee a challenge, but I have done so. I am wondering if you got the results you go by changing your diet too, or by just starting the turpentine without diet changes.

If you did make changes, how long did you modify before starting turpentine?

Thank you! This seems like a great remedy!!!

Hi Tigerlily, welcome to the forum. :welcome:

As this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you could post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us a bit more about how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

You don't have to get real personal. If you are not sure what to write, you can read through some of the others members' posts to get an idea.

Tigerlily said:
I am supposed to start the turpentine protocol this week, and I am wondering, what did you do dietarily to prepare for taking the turpentine? I was told to revamp my entire diet, and it has bee a challenge, but I have done so. I am wondering if you got the results you go by changing your diet too, or by just starting the turpentine without diet changes.

If you did make changes, how long did you modify before starting turpentine?

Thank you! This seems like a great remedy!!!

I had already been on a low carb no sugar diet before I started the turpentine protocol, so I did not make any dietary changes beforehand. One of the reasons It took me a while to realize that I in fact had Candida (self diagnosed) was that only people on high sugar, high carb diets are supposed to get it. It has only been lately that I have read about the fact that Candida can thrive on ketones as well as carbs, This info makes sense to me with my observations and my battle trying to get rid of this. The information about Bio-films has been useful, as that may explain why this infection is so resilient and adaptable.

I just finished a 6 week long turpentine protocol, consisting of taking 1 tsp 5 days on and 2 days off. It was suggested to me by a member here in a different thread to use capsules, for me this has been the best way to take it by far! I now take 6 "00" capsules of turps for 1 dose.

I have found in my case if I had to single out 1 remedy as the best, turpentine would be it by a long shot. The talk of anti-fungal herbs, change your diet ect may work in a mild case, I really don't know, hardly did anything for me. I still have a way to go and will be using turps again. For the last 7 days I have been using candizyme and serrapetase with good results. I will stick with this until I notice it loosing effectiveness than will try something else or go back to turps, perhaps 1 dose every three days. I am finding out that switching remedy’s is an important strategy fighting candida. I switch between different brands of probiotics, use iodine, borax, baking soda, turpentine, candida cleanse's. For the last three weeks I have been consuming 60 grams of sugar a day via 2 candy bars all at once, with the thought being to weaken the ketone feeding strain? Have made progress in the last 3 weeks, could not at all be related to the intake of sugar though, Again, I'm not sure.

website where I read about candizyme and serrapetase,
http://naturalcandidacleansing.com/enzymesforcandidayeast.html

I have no experience with the pharmaceutical drugs for fungal infection, I felt like I did not want to go there, though if I run out of other options I will.

As for changing your diet before trying turps, I have read about doing that as well on the net. It would be ignorant of me to suggest a course of action, but I know in my case it would have been worse than a complete waste of time, because the candida would just have had time to get a stronger foothold. If your were previously on a high carb/high surgar diet than it may be a good idea, but I see no reason to wait too long until you protectively start trying to kill off the candida unless you have other underlying health issues. If you are getting a herx reaction from just the dietary changes alone then that would tell me that the new diet is being effective in itself and one could wait until the herx reactions subside before moving on to/adding another protocol. Knowing what I know now I would have started turps in very low doses as a second step, the first being taking lots of different brands of probiotics in high doses, I made good progress doing this, 500 billion or more a day. After a couple weeks the effectiveness dropped off, then in retrospect I think that would have been a good time to try turps in small doses initially.

I think so much depends on one's individual circumstances of Candida infection to decide the best course of action. If you are considering turps then I am assuming you have a moderate or severe case, and I wish you the best of luck in your recovery.

nicklebleu said:
I have been on turpentine as well for a few weeks now - but only up to a teaspoon twice weekly. No serious die-off reaction, just some initial funny feeling in my head (which goes away within the hour) and a bit of a buzz for the rest of the day.

I remember that my mother would massage our body with turpentine when we had a flu, had a really nice effect, calming, nice smell, good sleep and usually the fever came down quite well. Another thing she did was putting hot potatoes in a stocking and hang them tightly around our neck - we kids hated that, but it seemed quite effective too, FWIW.

Nicklebleu,
I'd be curious to know how the turpentine protocol is working for you. I'm a combination of fascinated and suspicious at the same time. I hope you're benefitting from it. :)

Thor said:
nicklebleu said:

Nicklebleu,
I'd be curious to know how the turpentine protocol is working for you. I'm a combination of fascinated and suspicious at the same time. I hope you're benefitting from it. :)

Hi Thor,

After having more back pain (mostly in my left psoas muscle) I have been doing a few things and my overall health has become better and pain is mostly gone.

I have been on the turpentine for now around two months (about one teaspoon twice weekly on a sugar cube). But apart from that I have also retightened my diet (gained a few kilos due to a slacking off of efforts), but also took up regular yoga.

So it's hard to really know what did what - but I'll certainly continue taking the turps for the moment.

Hope that helps!

Turpentine evaporates quickly even if it is mixed with a thick oil like tallow. I think kerosene would be a better bet, assuming it works on skin fungus. Oddly though, in my experience it doesn't work for skin fungus-like stuff. I wasn't very persistent though because for me those problems tend to resolve themselves.

nicklebleu said:
Thor said:
nicklebleu said:

Nicklebleu,

Hi Thor,

After having more back pain (mostly in my left psoas muscle) I have been doing a few things and my overall health has become better and pain is mostly gone.

I have been on the turpentine for now around two months (about one teaspoon twice weekly on a sugar cube). But apart from that I have also retightened my diet (gained a few kilos due to a slacking off of efforts), but also took up regular yoga.

So it's hard to really know what did what - but I'll certainly continue taking the turps for the moment.

Hope that helps!

Thanks :). I know the thing where you're trying several healing modalities at the same time and then it's hard to know what's actually causing an effect...

Ant stings always cause swelling and itching for me. This week, two tiny ants got on my feet and stung. I immediately applied turpentine. No swelling, no itching, no sign at all that I had been stung! I have tried many remedies on past stings and this is the first time anything has worked. Thanks turpentine!

hi, all:

I've been taking a half teaspoon of pure gum turpentine every morning for the past couple of months, along with other things to break up biofilms and fight microbial infection.

To tell you the truth, I find turpentine much less nasty than apple cider vinegar, and in my first dose of anti-biofilm treatments, a tablespoon of vinegar made me feel weird for a half hour, whereas the turpentine never did anything like that.

I'm feeling better these days than I did 3 months ago, but since the turps are just a small part of a protocol that includes many things, it's hard to know if any one thing is effective or not.

What I can say is that taking turpentine every day has done me no harm and caused no discomfort. A half teaspoon doesn't even affect my breath for more than an hour after taking it.

So: no reason to be scared of it!

Back
Top Bottom