Upcycled Clothing Creations

That is the best idea I've seen in a long time. I keep looking for ways to upcycle everything from glass bottles to clothing to anything that could work in and around the house and garden.
You've just shown that clothing can be upcycle with a bit of imagination and creativity.
Do you watch shows on TV like "Money for Nothing" (UK)? They have great ideas on what you could do with leftover or partially worn in areas clothing, chair renos, tables renos, baskets, and even garden décor or other.

I'm making myself an indoor dress with used but still workable sweatshirts. I once made a cute pj for my daughter (when she was 4) with 3 adult size t-shirts in three colors: pink, blue and yellow.

Congratulation on your creations. This could turn out into a fun business on the side for you. My favorites are the grey sweatshirt and the jackets. 😘

I have been into thrift up-cycling for a long time. I recently heard about a local regency ball, and made my outfit in only a week. I was hoping to meet others in my community that were into period sewing, but the function was attended by people from all over! I had no idea how big a thing it was (the hobby).
I got caught in a bad rain on the way, ruining my curls and turban, but you'll get the idea...
I used parts from 2 saris, a dupatta, a couple of scarves, an old wedding dress and some silk taffeta, all already on hand. The stole and period-correct corset were made earlier, fortunately. I just covered some dancing shoes with coordinating fabric. All work on the dress was done by hand. Whew!
IMG_0256.jpegIMG_4705.jpeg

Wow! What a lot of work, Yupo! You look gorgeous! I hope you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Thank you. It felt really good to get back into sewing. Some people I met there had been to the thing at Versailles. One lady I met there was even a Regency Romance novelist (Victoria Vane).
This is about the ball at Versailles:

I have been into thrift up-cycling for a long time. I recently heard about a local regency ball, and made my outfit in only a week. I was hoping to meet others in my community that were into period sewing, but the function was attended by people from all over! I had no idea how big a thing it was (the hobby).
I got caught in a bad rain on the way, ruining my curls and turban, but you'll get the idea...
I used parts from 2 saris, a dupatta, a couple of scarves, an old wedding dress and some silk taffeta, all already on hand. The stole and period-correct corset were made earlier, fortunately. I just covered some dancing shoes with coordinating fabric. All work on the dress was done by hand. Whew!
View attachment 85259View attachment 85261
Your choice of fabrics was elegant of exactly what ladies in well-to-do families would have worn for a function such as a ball. Did you purchase a pattern before hand or did you create your own? In a nutshell, innovative, elegant and smashing! Even your hubby looks like a country gentleman of 1810! Well done!

Your choice of fabrics was elegant of exactly what ladies in well-to-do families would have worn for a function such as a ball. Did you purchase a pattern before hand or did you create your own? In a nutshell, innovative, elegant and smashing! Even your hubby looks like a country gentleman of 1810! Well done!
I used the bodice of a 1960s wedding gown and also scavenged some other useful stuff from it for future projects. I painted all that lace with bronze acrylic to match the sari borders. I wound up putting a pattern of stars on the skirt to cover some little holes and tears in the organza that I created by trying to spot clean it. Needless to say, I carried the memory of all those regency romances as I worked. The workmanship of some of the attire at this function was just astounding.
That guy isn't my husband, he's my ballroom dance teacher, who happened to be there. Ballroom dancing gives endless opportunities for playing dress ups, besides being good exercise.

Back
Top Bottom