Uterine Fibroids

Great to hear! I too am glad that you had you had a forum friend with you, and wanted to extend appreciation for that to Houseofdifferentcolor. As for your daughter, congratulations on a successful procedure, and I hope she continues to recover speedily. These surgeries have gotten so much less invasive than in the past, so it's a blessing.

The thing to do within the next few days, is to continue moving around, and watch for intestinal function to resume properly. Hopefully there's no internal scarring to complicate the latter, but even if so, it can be addressed with follow-up procedures that are even less invasive. Good nutrition which your family is already doing will certainly help.

:hug2: :hug2: :flowers: :flowers:

Thanks for the update aleana. It sounds like surgery was unavoidable with 12 large fibroids. :scared: I'm glad your daughter is doing well post-op and that you had someone to support you while you were waiting.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery too :hug2:

Good to hear your daughter had an uneventful surgery, even if long. Sometimes it does turn out that mainstream medical is the only option in severe situations. But with all the extra efforts she is making on the nutritional and emotional fronts I hope this will be the end of her problems. It seems to have brought you both closer together too.

herondancer said:
Good to hear your daughter had an uneventful surgery, even if long. Sometimes it does turn out that mainstream medical is the only option in severe situations. But with all the extra efforts she is making on the nutritional and emotional fronts I hope this will be the end of her problems. It seems to have brought you both closer together too.
Yes, she said tonight that she feels even more motivated to watch her diet from now on. This really brought home the importance of taking care of herself.

We went out for a brief outing today - the cabin fever was starting to set in so that's a good sign she is on the road to recovery. And she said to say thank you again for all the well-wishes and moral support. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom