Video: George Galloway on SkyNews

Thanks for this.

It has given me a huge boost to see that there is at least ONE person in political circles that has the fortitude and strength to speak the truth.

It damn near brought a tear to my eye, a quivering tear of hope.

Cheers.

I enjoyed watching this, but I couldn't help feeling that one of the main reasons that George is allowed to present his opinions is that his aggressive and sometimes insulting style helps to associate his convictions with what many people would perceive as negative character traits. I understand his frustration, but many people I know would consider someone that resorts to calling the reporter stupid as having 'lost the argument', or having nothing to offer but ad-hominem argument.

Ben said:
I enjoyed watching this, but I couldn't help feeling that one of the main reasons that George is allowed to present his opinions is that his aggressive and sometimes insulting style helps to associate his convictions with what many people would perceive as negative character traits. I understand his frustration, but many people I know would consider someone that resorts to calling the reporter stupid as having 'lost the argument', or having nothing to offer but ad-hominem argument.
yeah thats a definite possibility.

yet he still gives people a strong example of someone standing up for what he believes in, and his bolshiness is a part of that.

I still clearly remember the day George Galloway quit the Labour party and then took back his own Labour seat as an independent candidate, and he stood up there at the press conference, and said "Tony Blair! This one is for the war in Iraq!"

Also the way he stood up to congress when he went over to the US was simply amazing, when he said something along the lines of "yes, I've visited Sadam Hussein twice, exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld has [i think?], though unlike Rumsfeld, I wasn't trying to sell him weapons".

We need more people to be prepared to be stubborn, awkward, bolshy, and basically refuse to give an inch to the lies of the pathocracy. For me, Galloway is still a shining example of that, and yes they'll probably 'get him' in the end in one way or another, with some kind of smear campaign, using his weak points against him. In the meantime, three cheers for the awkward loudmouthed cantakerous fly-in-the-ointment :)

I can't help but wondering at the 'timing' of a couple of shows on the more 'serious' chanels on TV tonight.

One is this:
Anti-Semitism In The 21st Century
Time: 8.30
Channel: 28
Duration: 60 Minutes

More than 60 years after the Holocaust, parts of the world are experiencing a dramatic resurgence of anti-Semitism

Galloway gave a great oration before Congress a little over a year ago. Here's the video:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3672646

sleepyvinny said:
he still gives people a strong example of someone standing up for what he believes in, and his bolshiness is a part of that.

I still clearly remember the day George Galloway quit the Labour party and then took back his own Labour seat as an independent candidate, and he stood up there at the press conference, and said "Tony Blair! This one is for the war in Iraq!"

Also the way he stood up to congress when he went over to the US was simply amazing, when he said something along the lines of "yes, I've visited Sadam Hussein twice, exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld has [i think?], though unlike Rumsfeld, I wasn't trying to sell him weapons".

We need more people to be prepared to be stubborn, awkward, bolshy, and basically refuse to give an inch to the lies of the pathocracy. For me, Galloway is still a shining example of that, and yes they'll probably 'get him' in the end in one way or another, with some kind of smear campaign, using his weak points against him. In the meantime, three cheers for the awkward loudmouthed cantakerous fly-in-the-ointment :)
Exactly, what he does is still more useful and important than the majority of guests on Sky News, not least because he represents many of us who are shouting at our TV screens in frustration!

Ruth wrote:
I can't help but wondering at the 'timing' of a couple of shows on the more 'serious' chanels on TV tonight.
And the History Channel has ramped up some hot new ones lately: the new UFO series featuring cockpit voice recordings, and the three-parter on The Gestapo. But, have you ever, ever even heard of a documentary about the creation of Israel? Not me. I figure that if people actually knew the US-UK just blasted in from the Mediterranean with bulldozers and guns and threw people out of their homes to make room for a few Europeans and to have a proxy state in the MidEast, well, that might seriously damage support for our good "allies" there.

Two thumbs up to George Galloway from me. If more politicians had his attitude then perhaps we would not be accelerating quite so quickly towards global-scale madness.

It's too bad we couldn't get him (Galloway) as a forum member. That would be great!

Don

What a passionate man this Galloway is! My parents asked me what do I think about the conflict in Lebanon and I found myself retelling them his appearance on sky news yesterday in the same passionate way - gosh, he surely is inspiring!

A note of caution regarding George Galloway.

At the beginning of the year GG was given his own talk radio phone- in show here in the UK (on either the Talk Sport or 5 Live station). It was promoted with slogans like, George stands up for the Truth, he uncovers the lies, gets to the heart of the matter and so on. I happened to catch part of his second show dealing with conspiracies. Now, despite the efforts of several callers who quite moderately asked George to just look into the inconsistancies of the official stories regarding the events of 9/11 and 7/7 he would have none of it. In best Alex Jones style he either cut them short or shouted over them and in summary wanted nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories'. Which in a way is all a bit odd, because when he appeared on an Alex Jones show he seemed far more open to conspiracy ideas and never ever once protested against them (and he has been on that show more than once).

George Galloway is now such a hero to the traditional British left and liberals in the UK(osit) that anything he says carries a lot of weight to those groups. So when he says with great conviction and authority that the conspiracies 'theories' regarding 9/11 and 7/11 are rubbish many people will believe him and choose not to investigate the matter for themselves. Could this be the set up?

Back
Top Bottom