Weird Weather

mugatea

Jedi Master
My uncle and I have noticed over the last few monts that the weather people have been getting their reports wrong so freqeuently. My uncle (who's in his 60's) says its never been like that before and yet they have super computers now. My uncles friend has also noticed how wrong they always seem to be.

Has anyone else noticed that they just cant get it right?

Jamie

Aren't weather people always wrong? Weathers are unpredictable, especially in the coming days where STS and STO battles are more frequent (osit).

If it's raining when it's supposed to be sunny, blame it on the weatherman.

I've noticed in Australia (around Sydney anyway) that the rainfall seems to be under-reported around the area that supplies Sydney's main dam.

The forecasters here though seem to be pretty good.

At us, which is Belgrade, Serbia, south east Europe we also have (I would say) very good forecast, but we have very strange weather.

It was 21 of March, one of the first clear and all sunny days. My girlfriend and I were going at some birthday party, left our home about 4 PM and I was notice that sun was still very high and in somehow unusual angle, and it was extremely bright for that time of the year and for this geography. Since then I am noticing strange weather every day. It’s too hot, I am almost at any time hot, but hotness is not the problem, but one is feel very weak on the sunlight. Sun is too bright, you really can’t watch in the sky. And we have strange storms. We have them approximately every 2-3 days, or to be precise afternoons. Rain showers with very interesting and impressive cloud formations. I am certain that I have not seen such clouds till this summer. And most strange is the lightings, there are so many of them, I really can’t remember if I have seen so much of them in my whole life (and believe me, I am not exaggerating) and thunders (sounds of lightning) lasts for minutes.

Like if it is really 4D STS and STO battling above our heads, one can ask if anyone of them will survive.

mugatea said:
My uncle and I have noticed over the last few monts that the weather people have been getting their reports wrong so freqeuently. My uncle (who's in his 60's) says its never been like that before and yet they have super computers now. My uncles friend has also noticed how wrong they always seem to be.

Has anyone else noticed that they just cant get it right?

Jamie
Well, for what's it worth, it's the same thing here in Colorado. Of course, the weather in Colorado has always changed rapidly, but even with the general longer term trends, the forecasters seem to be flying by the seat of their pants more than usual, and if they say it will be clear, expect clouds - if they say it will be 85, expect 72 (like today, even though it was 100 yesterday, breaking records) - if they say it will be 97, expect 105 (I hate that part).

For the record, we had record breaking heat today up in Massachusetts. 96 degrees F, and 95+ expected tomorrow again. Who's turning up the heat? :O

Heat and drought for Turkiye. As I live in Istanbul since 1992, this was the driest winter ever and now the hottest summer. June was exceptionally hot for the last 78 years on record. It was 43.1 degrees Centigrade on 27th of June. The previous hottest day in June was 39.2 degrees on 28th of June 1982. Dams that feed Istanbul are only 35 % full. (subtract the evaporation rate - which is not given of course) The heat wave has been all around Turkiye, breaking records. They call it the desert heat. Last week one night at 1 am it was 26 degrees centigrade.

Precipitation in the north and heat and drought in the south - Does the ice age start like this ?

By the way Istanbul is at 41 degrees north latitude and 29 degrees east longitude - would that mean something ?

Here are some articles I came across.

More Rains Forecast As England And Wales See Wettest Months Since 1766

Southeastern Europe was a tinderbox Wednesday in the grip of an unrelenting heatwave that has claimed hundreds of lives as wildfires swept Italy and bit into a national park in Slovakia. Italy was sweltering under temperatures close to 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) in places Wednesday and suffering devastating wildfires in central and southern regions. "We've had 85 calls so far already for airborne intervention against fires," a public safety official told AFP in the afternoon as fires raged in the Abruzzo, Latium, Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia regions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatwave Turns Southeastern Europe Into Tinderbox As Fires Rage

Southeastern Europe was a tinderbox Wednesday in the grip of an unrelenting heatwave that has claimed hundreds of lives as wildfires swept Italy and bit into a national park in Slovakia. Italy was sweltering under temperatures close to 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) in places Wednesday and suffering devastating wildfires in central and southern regions. "We've had 85 calls so far already for airborne intervention against fires," a public safety official told AFP in the afternoon as fires raged in the Abruzzo, Latium, Calabria, Sicily and Sardinia regions.

They forget to add Puglia and Marche on the list, big wildfires were/are just everywhere!!

Translating (quickly) some interesting observation from a local blog here:

_carlobertani.blogspot.com

(This guy called a friend of him who's living in Puglia, and then reported the conversation
he had in his blog)

" The thing which surprised him, was the ascertainment that - in a near
lawn filled by olives -
the flames seemed to come out from the ground itself. Out of the blue,
while walking,
you can see the smoke and next to it the rising flames. Like that, out
of nowhere.

They fixed the fire by running for hours with water buckets at hand, to
put out
the mysterious fires as they were growing from underground. We notice:
there were no pyromaniacs nor fires in the surroundings."

It is definitely the coldest winter (well, except for LAST winter) in as long as I can remember here in the Midwest. And like every other topic I try to discuss with family, friends, co-workers etc., nobody seems to notice or especially to give a damn! But stranger yet are the weather reports given by the local media. I've always been since I was younger a sort of weather afficianado (is that spelled right?) and have for most of my life been fascinated by weather, climate and things of a meteorilogical basis. After following weather forecasts and keeping track of what is being predicted by any of these locals over the course of time, there definitely seems to be a pattern evolving. Just gotta wonder "whether" this is mandated by the PTB or if these people really are this stupid Here's how it seems to work....

It looks like the "carrot on a stick" approach to tranquilize the public into staying asleep and not pay attention to how unseasonably cold it really is, and what may be the real causes for it - even though it is winter after all. This week's weather is a typical model for what has become a pattern in the meteorological circles. Earlier this week, for instance, (and this has gone on all winter long - I've been paying attention) - it was predicted on Monday that another cold front will be "moving" (more like blasting) through the area by Wednesday. Its supposed to go from 40ish on Monday (which is about 4 degrees below normal anyway yet one of the warmer days we've had) down into the mid-20's (for a high) as the front moves through on Wed. Tuesday the temp is "updated" down to closer to 20 and lo and behold, as Wed. gets here, guess what? We get a balmy high of 15 degrees - 29 degrees below the average for this date! It is not until Wed. morning itself that it is finally admitted (almost exasperatingly on their part), that yes, we admit its only going to hit about 15 or so. But fear not! By Friday we're going to see things "perk up" back into the mid 30's - yeah people, you guessed it - relief! (even though mid 30's is STILL 10 degrees below average) Then Thursday, that "relief" has morphed down another 5 degrees, and here it is Friday morning and the forecast calls for a high today of....27 degrees - when the average temp for this date is 44 or 45, depending on which weather almanac is consulted. Relief from the unsesonably cold temps is always 2 to 3 days in the future, or more - and then never rises up to expectation on the target date. And this just goes on and on and on....

And the prediction of the overnight lows - I don't even want to go into a rage over this one (I don't need to express the negative emotions and I keep reminding myself of this) but these idiots couldn't predict that the sun is a yellow ball and not a purple triangle! This is an every day occurrence now. The overnight lows are always predicted to be anywhere from 3 to like even 7 or 8 degrees warmer than what they actually end up being - 12-18 hours before the actual time of the predicted low in question. But not adjusted downward to "reality" until just before its obvious that it isn't going to stay that damn warm on any particular night! And the next day, they string up another carrot on another stick and start the process all over again.

But again, the most disturbing aspect of all this is how aslleep the people are to whom I bring this up. I get blank stares like nobody is home (even more than usual). After all, they say, IT IS WINTER. Go figure.

Just an impression, seemed for the last few months or more the freak weather stories weren't in the news. Now a couple on the same day.

Some pictures at the linked sites.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/5656336/freak-beijing-storm-turns-day-into-night/
Freak Beijing storm turns day into night

China correspondent Stephen McDonell and ABC cameraman Rob Hill saw day turn into night as a freak storm swept across the capital Beijing today.

"It was pitch black outside and you could see people looking out from the office towers across the road from us," McDonell said.

"In a couple of the photos you can see a clock in the distance showing it was around 11:30 am local time."

The storms were expected to affect western and northern Xinjiang, most part of Inner Mongolia, north-east China and north China.

Today's extreme weather follows yesterday's hail storms across eastern China's Anhui province, which killed 14 people and injured more than 180, AFP reports.

Anhui's Civil Affairs Bureau said that more than 10,000 people were evacuated and nearly 9,700 houses collapsed in yesterday's severe storm.

Anhui was struck by hail and winds of up to 104 kilometres per hour, causing $82 million worth of damage.

A similar hail storm struck the region in the first week of June, killing 23 people and injuring more than 200.

Officials have warned residents that more dangerous weather could follow.

http://wcbstv.com/local/washington.township.hail.2.1045714.html
Hail Storm Pounds Parts Of Garden State With Several Inches; Residents Watch In Amazement As Plows Clear Streets

Parts of New Jersey were pummeled by a massive hail storm on Monday afternoon, leaving it looking as if a June blizzard blew through with inches of dime-sized pellets piling up.

Washington Township residents were seen on their driveways breaking out the snow shovels and officials sent out bulldozers to act as snow plows to clear the streets after severe thunderstorms pounded the region. Children were seen forming hailballs.

CBS 2 HD's Christine Sloan was in Washington Township and spoke to stunned residents. This as the snow and ice piled up around them.

It was a day for snow boots and a jacket as several inches fell in what's being looked at as one freak storm.

Plowing snow, ice, whatever you want to call it on a street in Washington Township in June. It wasn't an understatement to say folks in the neighborhood were shocked.

"Never in my lifetime, never," Karen Yates said.

Neighbors who found themselves shoveling all Monday afternoon, said the hail started coming down fast and furious at around 2:30 p.m. Yates caputred much of storm on video, including the ice river that ran down the middle of her street.

"I grabbed my video camera and then I looked out the front window and it was like a river in my front yard going right down the street," Yates said.

Added neighbor Jeff Don: "I've been here for 33 years and it's never been this bad."

The strong storms continued to push through up until 4 p.m. But CBS 2 HD's Lonnie Quinn said more strong storms could continue to pop up as the night progressed, bringing even more hail, along with the potential for severe thunderstorms.

Flash flooding occurred in some areas and caused massive NJ Transit delays for Emerson and Pascack Valley trains. NJ Transit Bus 165 and Red & Tan Coaches are cross honoring from Port Authority Bus Terminal.

It's been a very wet June in the tri-state. Central Park has recorded more than 5 inches of rain already this month.

QUOTE, FROM SESSION 29.8.98
Q: Here it says: The Spanish Conquistadores and missionaries destroyed nearly everything that we could possibly use to learn about the South American civilizations. A sixteenth century eye-witness says that there was an emerald idol that was completely fantastic. Father Benito took this idol and had it ground up, stirred the powder in water, poured it on the ground and stomped on it. Cortez was given two circular calendars, one of gold and the other silver, as big as wagon wheels, with all kinds of hieroglyphs on them, which he immediately had melted down and cast into ingots. 'All over Central America, vast repositories of knowledge, accumulated since ancient times, were painstakingly gathered, heaped up, and burned by the zealous Catholic missionaries. In July, 1562, for example, in the main square of Monte, in the Yucatan, Father Diego de Landa burned thousands of Maya manuscripts, paintings and hieroglyphs inscribed on rolled up deerskins. He said: 'We found great numbers of books written in the characters of the Indians, but since they contained nothing but superstitions of the Devil, we burned them all, which the natives took most grievously, and gave them great pain.' Hancock says: 'Not only the natives should have felt this pain, but anyone and everyone then and now who would like to know the truth about the past. Diego de Landa participated in Spain's Satanic mission to wipe clear the memory banks of Central America. In the marketplace at Texcoco, they built a vast bonfire of astronomical documents, paintings, manuscripts, hieroglyphic texts, which the Conquistadores had forcibly extracted from the Aztecs during the previous eleven years. As this irreplaceable storehouse of knowledge and history went up in flames, a chance to shake off some of the collective amnesia that clouds our understanding was lost to mankind forever.' So, having read this sickening description about 'Spain's Satanic Mission' to destroy the past, I would like to have a comment on what was motivating the Catholic Church, the Catholic Missionaries, and Spain itself, since Spain has been designated as one of the areas where 'artifacts' may be still found. Could you comment?
UNQUOTE

i happened to read the above text, and it reminded me about the very heavy weather above spain in the last weeks. in the cass line i could interpret the weather in spain as a punishment for their atrocious deeds 500 years ago...

Aurora Mongolia

Back
Top Bottom