What are you listening to?

SUFJAN STEVENS

"The Only Thing"

The only thing that keeps me from driving this car
Half-light, jack knife into the canyon at night
Signs and wonders: Perseus aligned with the skull
Slain Medusa, Pegasus alight from us all

Do I care if I survive this? Bury the dead where they’re found
In a veil of great surprises; I wonder did you love me at all?

The only thing that keeps me from cutting my arm
Cross hatch, warm bath, Holiday Inn after dark
Signs and wonders: water stain writing the wall
Daniel’s message; blood of the moon on us all

Do I care if I despise this? Nothing else matters, I know
In a veil of great disguises; how do I live with your ghost?

Should I tear my eyes out now?
Everything I see returns to you somehow
Should I tear my heart out now?
Everything I feel returns to you somehow
I want to save you from your sorrow

The only reason why I continue at all
Faith in reason, I wasted my life playing dumb
Signs and wonders: sea lion caves in the dark
Blind faith, God’s grace, nothing else left to impart

Do I care if I survive this, bury the dead where they’re found
In a veil of great surprises; hold to my head till I drown
Should I tear my eyes out now, before I see too much?
Should I tear my arms out now, I wanna feel your touch

Should I tear my eyes out now?
Everything I see returns to you somehow
Should I tear my heart out now?
Everything I feel returns to you somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adKEqin5SoI

transientP said:
SUFJAN STEVENS

Talking about Sufijan Stevens, when I heard the song "Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland" long time ago ... it stayed with me for a long long time after, as one subconscious anchor of not to give up to question the faith and Jesus, and religion and human cosmic connection ...

https://youtu.be/4b0fdETmRng

o wow, and I just see that this video was uploaded on Youtube that same year on my birthday ... That year that brought big changes in my life ... The year when some dispute about going to Sufian concert in NYC where I was there in January 2006, just opened my eyes about people selfishness in one personal relationship that actually guided me to this pat, but left me alone ... for good, as I can see now ... if I was sad at that time, very sad and alone, in the middle of big artist journey and experiment I started, I can say that now I am gratefull for that!

Sufijan music was big part of my "survival kit" :cool2:

a bit more from my "soul survival kit" ... don't know .. seams to be a day of memories recollection ... just before to take a deep breath to dive more ...

https://youtu.be/f1WwkbWICyw

Gonjasufi - Duet

Where did you find me?
Baby, don't you undermine me.
You can refine me, you have perfect timing.
You remind me of someone I've met before.
Please underline me and let your wetness show.
Let's do it do it.
Let's do it and make it grimy, the way that the truth is.
To the dotted line, you will never sign me.
You remind me of someone I have let go.
Baby you're shiny, sweetheart you have that glow.
Let's keep it fluid, make me some music.
Baby I'm winding; lady you have that soul

skycsil said:
A song about letting go: Anathema - Untouchable

https://youtu.be/XFo332Y5uIA

beautiful, thanks for sharing skycsil ... is it in Rome? Some ancient ruins, or maybe just a scenography ...

any way just made me think about that feeling I always have in my self, how I am permanently in love with someone that is not physical that is bigger than me now, and that sense of love made me safe when earthly loves will fall apart ... and that super-love makes me capable to love every one and to see this spark of gold in a human person, even if it is hidden deep .... and that also makes me feel fulfilled with love, and I never actually looking to " fall in love" with any particular person ... you know ... I can fall in love with someone work, not face, and the face will be beautiful to me if the work is beautiful reflection of the soul and mind ... this song gives me that feelings .... some time I feel kind of strange why I am not going out looking for someone, but I just don't need it that way ... I need a soul and mind understanding, and than eventually if we can get together through some personal relation, why not :)

Yes, it's actually the ancient Roman theatre of Philippopolis =)
This song makes me think of two almost polar opposites, when one of them finds his/her true polar opposite. What else can you do but to let go? If you truly love that person you would never dare to get in the way. I think is happy and sad and encouraging at the same time, because true love is also about letting go.

skycsil said:
I think is happy and sad and encouraging at the same time, because true love is also about letting go.

yes .... indeed .... how we need our freedom to be who we are, we have to let go others to feel free and loved and cared and supported, even if they are not physically with us, we will always be one anchor for them, when they need us. :hug:

and tank you very much for the location reference .. amazing!

Plovdiv Roman theatre - Bulgaria

Attachments

• 1280px-Theater_Plovdiv.JPG
    1280px-Theater_Plovdiv.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 99
Hi - can someone please tell me the magic trick for embedding the videos in the posts? I have played around trying to do it and not succeeded. thanks!

BHelmet said:
Hi - can someone please tell me the magic trick for embedding the videos in the posts? I have played around trying to do it and not succeeded. thanks!

Search function in top right corner is your friend, use it. :)
Here the topic about embedding videos into forum posts: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,32215.msg436965.html

Denis said:
The Scarlet Furies - Safe In Arms

Brightened eyes, my secrets lie not far away
His medals and his badges are all dull by day
Many have I an answered plea, my general now I'll often see
He comes at dawn, out on the lawn, in quiet steps
With darkened eyes and wounds that bled, have pillow for his weary head
He lays his body down to rest, among the dogs and gathered nest

Because he's safe in arms now, what luck have I that I should see
Safe in arms now, my bloody boy returned to me
From Jericho back home to me

He sleeps so deep, so still at peace, and quiet thus
No frightful dreams, of battle's roar, that shake his trust
I hope that he, is dreaming on, of better days
The morning fog, and waking sun, have healing ways
I'll let him sleep, and soundly lay
A monument to him I pray

For bruises fade, no traces left, as quick as frost
And never will, I have to know, a lover lost
My peace is made, my doubts rolled up, my bed complete
His waking gaze, and heart and soul, light on my sheets

https://youtu.be/2Lldd0ljt20

edit: Oops!, double post. Please feel free to delete my previous post in this thread. I was playing with embedding the video here and finally succeeded! :)

BHelmet said:

You need to have [ embed ] code around the link ... [.embed.] before and [./embed.] after the code you will copy paste from youtube under the section - embed ... I put one dot before and after the brackets so you can see the code how it looks like, and working one goes without dots

you can go to this post to quote it to see the complete line how it looks like :)

so here is one embeded video

https://youtu.be/IxAKFlpdcfc

hope this will help ...

Check out this statement by the lead singer of the band "Muse" about the new album :cool:

From Matt: “To me, 'Drones' are metaphorical psychopaths which enable psychopathic behaviour with no recourse. The world is run by Drones utilizing Drones to turn us all into Drones. This album explores the journey of a human, from their abandonment and loss of hope, to their indoctrin]tion by the system to be a human drone, to their eventual defection from their oppressors."

solarmind said:
skycsil said:
A song about letting go: Anathema - Untouchable

https://youtu.be/XFo332Y5uIA

beautiful, thanks for sharing skycsil ... is it in Rome? Some ancient ruins, or maybe just a scenography ...

any way just made me think about that feeling I always have in my self, how I am permanently in love with someone that is not physical that is bigger than me now, and that sense of love made me safe when earthly loves will fall apart ... and that super-love makes me capable to love every one and to see this spark of gold in a human person, even if it is hidden deep .... and that also makes me feel fulfilled with love, and I never actually looking to " fall in love" with any particular person ... you know ... I can fall in love with someone work, not face, and the face will be beautiful to me if the work is beautiful reflection of the soul and mind ... this song gives me that feelings .... some time I feel kind of strange why I am not going out looking for someone, but I just don't need it that way ... I need a soul and mind understanding, and than eventually if we can get together through some personal relation, why not :)

I second that, solarmind. This song is beautiful and heartwarming, ok: it's divine. :) I cried yesterday while listening the song for the first time.
But shush now guys; don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to hold, you know? :)

edit: clarity

Back
Top Bottom