When they insist we're just not enough
When we know better
Just look 'em in the eyes and say
I'm gonna do it anyway [x4]

Because there's something inside so strong
And I know that I can make it
Tho' you're doing me, so wrong
Oh no, something inside so strong
Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong .

Azur said:
Red Star said:
Tchaikovsky composed this other piece before the concerto, it is very nice:

https://youtu.be/5gjCP_GxJdA

Complete Score

The piece wasn't so moving. The interpreter was outstanding. Technically.

That little girl can play!

I have had always a strange feeling with this piece, no performance satisfied me because there was something strange, missing, something that didn't make sense at all... Most interpreters play it too fast, too squared... until I discovered this.

I think Anna Savkina plays it so wonderfully in this performance because the tempo is slower and she knows how make a flexible use of it. She knows how to apply to the melody the necessary intensity in the key moments too.

Indeed a very talented girl.

And for the orchestra part, Vladimir Ivanovich Fedoseyev is a very good director and he is maybe one of the few capable of understand the Tchaikovsky's work to the deepest levels.

London Grammar - Strong

This song has helped me through some tough times, it helps me remember to be kind to myself.

https://youtu.be/6drfp_3823I

"Strong"

Excuse me for a while
While I’m wide-eyed
And I’m so down, caught in the middle
I’ve excused you for a while
While I’m wide-eyed
And I’m so damn caught in the middle

And a lion, a lion roars would you not listen?
If a child, a child cries would you not forgive them?

Yeah, I might seem so strong
Yeah, I might speak so long
I've never been so wrong
I've never been so wrong

Excuse me for a while,
Turn a blind eye
With a stare caught right in the middle
Have you wondered for a while
I have a feeling deep down
You’re caught in the middle?

If a lion, a lion roars would you not listen?
If a child, a child cries would you not forgive them?

I've never been so wrong
I've never been so wrong

Excuse me for a while
While I’m wide-eyed
And I’m so damn caught in the middle
Have you wondered for a while
I have a feeling deep down?
You’re caught in the middle

I've never been so wrong
I've never been so wrong

Wow, treesparrow ! Thanks for sharing. :cool:

You're touching upon one of my favorite pastimes: sitting in front of my laptop with window open and listening to all the birdsong available.

I also love 'singing along' with them. Especially black birds are very responsive to any unusual call and always keen on entering into dialog or competition with me for a while.

Have you ever tried that yourself ? It's great fun I can assure you.

Oftentimes I can ascertain the next day or so what they have picked up as new from my inputs, when I hear them echoing some phrases I had previously put forward to them repeatedly.

Always with a 'twist' of their own added to them as well. Very interesting how that works, really.

Might even enhance their chances of impressing females and chasing off competitors. Who knows ? :P

Palinurus said:
I also love 'singing along' with them. Especially black birds are very responsive to any unusual call and always keen on entering into dialog or competition with me for a while.

Have you ever tried that yourself ? It's great fun I can assure you.

Yes I've done that in the past and sometimes had a response, ravens have often called back at my efforts, although that would be a contact call rather than a song :). A cronking raven epitomises wilderness areas in many parts of the world, osit.

https://youtu.be/KpApJr53Sgo

Ah yes, ravens. Perfect example, very communicative birds.

I've noticed you have to fall in line with the frequency of their contact calls to get successful in soliciting further responses and continue a dialog. Once you're in regular turns it's possible to interject a different number of calls of your own which will be promptly and accurately reciprocated exactly. So apparently they know their numbers !

In the example you posted, this bird calls in following fashion (number of times): 2 - 4 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 2 and then 3 to finish off while flying away, seemingly sounding a bit disappointed to not have got any responses from another raven nearby. OSIT.

a friend of mine shared this Bach - Cantate BWV 127 ( Die seele ruht ) and I liked it very much, it is very simple but the impression is very deep.
It is not so easy to describe perhaps a music piece from god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OO-tE7iPls

Herr Jesu Christ, wahr' Mensch und Gott (Lord Jesus Christ, true Man and God),[1] BWV 127, is a church cantata by Johann Sebastian Bach. He composed the chorale cantata in Leipzig for the Sunday Estomihi, the Sunday before Lent, and first performed it on 11 February 1725. It is based on the hymn in eight stanzas by Paul Eber (1562).

History and words[edit]
Bach wrote the chorale cantata in his second year in Leipzig for Estomihi. The Sunday, also called Quinquagesima, is the last Sunday before Lent, when Leipzig observed tempus clausum and no cantatas were performed.[2][3] In 1723, Bach had probably performed two cantatas in Leipzig on that Sunday, Du wahrer Gott und Davids Sohn, BWV 23, composed earlier in Köthen, and Jesus nahm zu sich die Zwölfe, BWV 22, both audition pieces to apply for the post of Thomaskantor in Leipzig.[4]

The prescribed readings for the Sunday were taken from the First Epistle to the Corinthians, "praise of love" (1 Corinthians 13:1–13), and from the Gospel of Luke, healing the blind near Jericho (Luke 18:31–43). The Gospel also announces the Passion.[2] The text is based on the funeral song in eight stanzas by Paul Eber (1562).[5] The hymn suites the Gospel, stressing the Passion as well as the request of the blind man in the final line of the first stanza: "Du wollst mir Sünder gnädig sein" (Be merciful to me, a sinner).[1] The song further sees Jesus' path to Jerusalem as a model for the believer's path to his end in salvation. An unknown librettist kept the first and the last stanza and paraphrased the inner stanzas in a sequence of recitatives and arias. Stanzas 2 and 3 were transformed to a recitative, stanza 4 to an aria, stanza 5 to a recitative, stanzas 6 and 7 to another aria.

Bach first performed the cantata on 11 February 1725.[2] It is the second to last chorale cantata of his second annual cycle, the only later one being Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern, BWV 1, for the feast of Annunciation which was celebrated even if it fell in the time of Lent.[6]

Scoring and structure[edit]
The cantata in five movements is richly scored for three vocal soloists (soprano, tenor and bass), a four-part choir, trumpet, two recorders, two oboes, two violins, viola and basso continuo.[2][3]

Chorale: Herr Jesu Christ, wahr’ Mensch und Gott
Recitative (tenor): Wenn alles sich zur letzten Zeit entsetzet
Aria (soprano): Die Seele ruht in Jesu Händen
Recitative and aria (bass): Wenn einstens die Posaunen schallen – Fürwahr, fürwahr, euch sage ich
Chorale: Ach, Herr, vergib all unsre Schuld
Music[edit]
The opening chorale is structured by an extended introduction and interludes. These parts play on a concertante a motif derived from the first line of the chorale,[6][7] but also have a cantus firmus of the chorale "Christe, du Lamm Gottes", the Lutheran Agnus Dei,[8] first played by the strings, later also by the oboes and recorders. It appears in a similar way to the chorale as the cantus firmus in the opening chorus of his later St Matthew Passion, "O Lamm Gottes, unschuldig". Its request "erbarm dich unser" (have mercy upon us)[1] corresponds to the request of the blind man.[2] A third chorale is quoted repeatedly in the continuo, "O Haupt voll Blut und Wunden".[3] Christoph Wolff notes that on Good Friday of that year Bach would perform the second version of his St John Passion, replacing the opening and the closing movement of the first version by music based on chorales, "O Mensch, bewein dein Sünde groß" which would become the final movement of the first part of the St Matthew Passion, and again "Christe, du Lamm Gottes".[3]

Bach chose a rare instrumentation for the first aria, the oboe plays a melody, supported by short chords in the recorders, in the middle section "Sterbeglocken" (funeral bells) are depicted by pizzicato string sounds. Movement 4 illustrates the Day of Judgement. On the text "Wenn einstens die Posaunen schallen" (When one day the trumpets ring out),[1] the trumpet enters. The unusual movement combines an accompagnato recitative with an aria, contrasting the destruction of heaven and earth with the security of the believers, the latter given in text and tune from the chorale. John Eliot Gardiner describes it as a "grand, tableau-like evocation of the Last Judgement, replete with triple occurrences of a wild 6/8 section when all hell is let loose in true Monteverdian concitato ("excited") manner".[8] He compares it to the "spectacular double chorus" from the St Matthew Passion "Sind Blitze, sind Donner in Wolken verschwunden".[8]

The closing chorale is a four-part setting with attention to details of the text, such as movement in the lower voices on "auch unser Glaub stets wacker sei" (also may our faith be always brave)[1] and colourful harmonies on the final line "bis wir einschlafen seliglich" (until we fall asleep contentedly).[1][2]

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herr_Jesu_Christ,_wahr%27_Mensch_und_Gott,_BWV_127

Jon & Vangelis - I'll Find My Way Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Y3m7fisOU

I saw it was already mentioned before a few years ago, though the link was then to a different video which replaces the visual recording with an "interpretation". Lyrics from that post:
lamalamalamalama said:
You ask me where to begin
Am I so lost in my sin
You ask me where did I fall
I'll say I can't tell you when
But if my spirit is lost
How will I find what is near
Don't question I'm not alone
Somehow I'll find my way home

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace
And if you're asking me when