What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

luc said:
In his recent interview with Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson discusses flat earth a little and they bring up an interesting point: flat-earthers are kind of eating their own tail, spinning downwards and finding themselves in their little prison that gets smaller and smaller.

Now, in light of our speculation that flat earthers might be OPs, I thought this was an interesting metaphor - as I understand it, OPs need an authority, or something that 'borrows' them a soul so to speak. Now as times get more and more chaotic, long-held beliefs are shifting and there seems to be less and less structure, some of them might just lose it and start to question everything, but because they have no 'higher compass', they start eating their own tails with such nonsense as flat earth theories... Don't know, just some thoughts fwiw.

Interesting. Regarding their need for authority, I thought that it may derive purely from their instinctive level. It's like in a pack of wolves which needs a leader to maintain its inner social structure.

luc said:
In his recent interview with Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson discusses flat earth a little and they bring up an interesting point: flat-earthers are kind of eating their own tail, spinning downwards and finding themselves in their little prison that gets smaller and smaller.

Now, in light of our speculation that flat earthers might be OPs, I thought this was an interesting metaphor - as I understand it, OPs need an authority, or something that 'borrows' them a soul so to speak. Now as times get more and more chaotic, long-held beliefs are shifting and there seems to be less and less structure, some of them might just lose it and start to question everything, but because they have no 'higher compass', they start eating their own tails with such nonsense as flat earth theories... Don't know, just some thoughts fwiw.

That's an interesting perspective luc. It seems much like the earth, reality is opening up. I can see how that could be problematic for those with no higher centers.

genero81 said:
luc said:

That's an interesting perspective luc. It seems much like the earth, reality is opening up. I can see how that could be problematic for those with no higher centers.

I also think that's an interesting asssemement luc. But doesn't that also mean that a lot of those organic portals are going to lose it eventually? That's like 3.5 billion of them.

bjorn said:
genero81 said:
luc said:

I also think that's an interesting asssemement luc. But doesn't that also mean that a lot of those organic portals are going to lose it eventually? That's like 3.5 billion of them.

Did you ever Ponder on the Courage it took certain of our ancestors to stop touching the ground all the time ,
and stand straight.

Perhaps flat earthers and many others unable to adapt,
will choose to return to touching the earth for reassurance.

The Phrase knuckle draggers,
I once though was reffering to this instinct to reach Down
for something Firm to reassure oneself with.

Well, you have a basic non answer by the C's to the question.

It is also stated that we are in a matrix type of a situation.

If it is a spinning globe, what happens when you stand on the top as opposed to the middle?

I am not sure that we are ready for the truth.

That all makes sense, Luc, bjorn and others...

If Wave energies are propelling all upward who make the effort and have the right stuff, then 2D beings among that number will presumably be preparing for their own 'uplift' experience to their next most appropriate level, -as will those inhabiting the lower regions of 3D.

Perhaps as the ground shakes loose and people feel these energies quicken, those who are not ready may feel compelled to cling more tightly to what they know. -Or conversely, find themselves speculating/debating among challenging ideas they had never bothered much with before. That isn't a comfortable process, even if one is open to advancement.

This Flat Earth debate wasn't, AFAIK, quite so visible a phenomenon even five years ago, and certainly less so earlier than that. A sign of the times, it would seem!

bjorn said:

I don't think it's that simple. If we assume that OPs are basically humans that can be 'programmed' perfectly, that is, without a higher center that can potentially interfere with the programming, then this means that OPs can be programmed in very different ways.

The flat-earth nonsense could be seen as an insidious program, kind of like a virus, that OPs are more susceptible to because they are still closer to the animal kingdom - and again, they lack the higher centers that could provide some 'perspective'. But to load a new program, the OP must get rid of the old program first, i.e. they stop accepting the mainstream view of things or whatever it was that they were 'following' (because things are falling apart left and right) and can then fall prey to another program such as 'flat-earth' and 'extreme conspiracy thinking', which can lead to a downward spiral into madness.

However, these are not the only 'programs' that can be loaded into OPs (and all of humanity for that matter, if the higher centers are completely dormant). There are all kinds of ideologies, leaders and ideas to follow for OPs - some of them could turn them into productive forces within the context they are operating in, others could turn them into monsters, still others (like flat-earth and extreme conspiracy thinking) could drive them insane...

Just some further thoughts.

That made sense to me Luc, thanks for explaining.

[quote author= Woodsman]This Flat Earth debate wasn't, AFAIK, quite so visible a phenomenon even five years ago, and certainly less so earlier than that. A sign of the times, it would seem![/quote]

Yeah, you can say that again. It's getting more mainstream. Just makes you wonder where it will end. Perhaps it's only getting started.

luc said:

Yeah, I agree that the flat earth business is likely a result of the proliferation of questioning of official narratives over the last 15 or 20 years. Some people however seem to have taken that questioning as a license to throw everything out. It's like they come across pretty accurate info that an official narrative is likely false, but then feel free to wonder if everything is false. Wondering isn't a problem, but if you're they type who tends to favor subjective assessments over objectivity, then you are basically your own reference for what is 'real': "if it seems that way to me, then it must that way!".

The flat earth business came hot on the heels of 'actors' in terror attacks, and both preceded the 'explosion' of 'social justice warriors' who also tend to place subjectivity way above any objective considerations. Not a coincidence I suspect.

Yeah, it seems like the crazier things get the more trauma is imparted to people. In trans-marginal inhibition we saw that some break earlier, some later.

Maybe these people who had legitimate questions ended up hitting their breaking point, ending up in a similar state as the people who blindly accept established authority.

They blindly accept some other subjective authority, including their own assumptions- they end up even worse, with "creative" wishful thinking instead of the dull kind that the first group follows.

I know that a couple of years back I was questioning the moon landing. I thought it was fake and it very well could be. But after some time we let go of these things that cannot be determined because a lot of blind faith is required to go deeper into that narrative. Instead it's best to move onto something else, of course not closing the door to that mystery, but not sitting on it like the answer to everything as these flat earthers seem to do.

Maybe it's a form of OCD, the brain- seeking an "answer" grabs onto the one that "tastes the best". If they started for a taste for truth, as Laura wrote in the Wave, IIRC, this flat earth sandwich would lose it's appeal after a while. That's healthy, but to keep chewing on those empty imaginary calories is not- when you forget to eat "real" food (real knowledge).

Beau said:
Here's a simple, almost 4 minute video titled This is How We Know the Earth Isn't Flat that should be shared with any Flat Earth enthusiast.

Thanks for the link. I've used some of these simple arguments to explain it to flat earthers on facebook and a friend's sister. Both of them refute it as some sort of subjective test, especially the horizon one. The eclipse one is funny, they talk like the sky is some sort of artifically created thing- or so I gathered when I asked about the stars moving circularly.

What happens after is boggling, they focus on crazy things, like how can you propel yourself in space when there is no air to push off of. I asked that question when I was 12 to my science teacher who explained newtons law of opposite and equal reaction with momentum. Sit in a chair with wheel, hold a heavy thing. Throw that heavy thing forwards, you go backwards. Simple, right? Rockets do the same, except with a lot of teeny particles of small mass at high speed (gasses).

But even that simple idea goes over their heads. Maybe I was just lucky to speak to the "intelligent flat earthers". I put it in quotes because they are good at sounding scientific in questioning common sense science, which convinces the "average flat earthers". Meanwhile anyone with common sense can see through the logic loops!

Just want to add,

This week I came across a Dutch article that supported the flat earth nonsense. And it got shared by the hundreds, on average, that counts for a lot. It kind of gave me a feeling of impending doom.

So now we got, gender theory, acceptance of pedophilia, flat earth ... There is more to come for sure.

Hello Divide By Zero,

Maybe you can ask them why it's day here and night in Europe.

Do they have an explanation for that? Because if the earth is flat it should make day for everyone and vice versa.

Maybe these signs are for them? :rotfl:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44257.msg639306/topicseen.html#new

Beau said:
Here's a simple, almost 4 minute video titled This is How We Know the Earth Isn't Flat that should be shared with any Flat Earth enthusiast.

What I liked about it is that it brings up the ancient greeks and that they knew the earth isn't flat, and how they found out. Well, it would be a hell of a 'round earth' conspiracy if the ancients are involved - take this, flat earthers! Then again, they will probably flat-out deny that anybody ever knew the earth is round.

I can't use the video for now because my troll 'friends' on social media are more of the 'how dare you question the authorities' variety. What a crazy world.

Back
Top Bottom