What makes dancing so special?

Anamarija

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In research of dancing I found very interesting and positive article on SOTT.net:

and this remind me something that I fully forgot how dancing makes me happy and alive. I was wondering what you think about dancing, when was the last time you dance and how is it make you feel when you dance?

And if you don't feel like dancing check this funny dogs dancing salsa:

Salsa Dancing Dogs

I hope after this you day is much better ;).

Dakota said:
In research of dancing I found very interesting and positive article on SOTT.net:

and this remind me something that I fully forgot how dancing makes me happy and alive. I was wondering what you think about dancing,

I agree with the author of the article.

Dakota said:
when was the last time you dance...

Very recently. Most of my dancing today is slow-dancing with my wife in the living room and usually to Sade's song By Your Side.

Dakota said:
...and how is it make you feel when you dance?

That particular song has special meaning for us due to shared life experiences so there is a welling up of fond memories from the past, love and sometimes tears. It's very special.

Dakota said:

Salsa Dancing Dogs

Too funny, thanks. Have a great day, yourself! :)

I've always loved dancing! but can't recall the last time i danced, i think it might have been last year at the end of the summer.

It also makes me think about something i've been discussing with someone about the importance of the lymphatic system, and she would tell me how this is the one system of the body that carries a fluid but has no pump. In other words, it needs movement to pump lymphatic fluid, and how this is related to detox, and to hormone cycles (and recycling) and things a such, even emotional release!

ever since then i understood why dancing made so much sense to me and why i enjoyed it so much!

Thanks for the doggies dancing salsa, it happens to be my favorite dancing style :D :dance: :bacon:

Dakota said:

and this remind me something that I fully forgot how dancing makes me happy and alive. I was wondering what you think about dancing, when was the last time you dance and how is it make you feel when you dance?

Salsa Dancing Dogs

Dancing has always has a feel good factor with me. I often dance with my son and encourage him to do so and only yesterday we were dancing around the house.

Dancing is so much fun and generally puts a big smile on people's faces. You can share the moment with a partner or just lose yourself in the music. Pity I can't salsa like the dogs :dance: Those dogs have got rythem.

I never was much of a dancer. I'm usually on the opposite end - the mover rather than the moved. I play drums and percussion, so I'm usually making people dance rather than actually dancing. Although the movements involved in drumming are kind of like dances. :P

After reading, dancing was my favorite hobby. I love dancing but I didn't dance since some years and I think dancing is as vital as breathing. I think I fall in love with Senegal because they love to dance. And teached me the importance of dancing. Over there no matter what is your age, you dance. Kids, teens, seniors, every one dance. If fact most of African countries, if not all, for them dancing is very important, a sort of expression of the soul, a good exercise that you give to your body, like the body is happy no matter what are your problems.

I was remembering the other day one year I had a lumbago, the sort of lumbago you almost are paralysed. And I cured this lumbago dancing. Amazing but true.

thank you, nice article :) ... yea I just love to dance every day thorough the day ... :) ... for me it is so important, specially while I am in the kitchen, to have a good stereo and to feel the beat ;) ... when I was a kid, I was literary dancing through the day all day long, and I remember that every one will go crazy with me repeating same song on and on, and that I was doing my dancing even secretly ... and there is many ritualistic and spiritual connections with special type of "dancing", Sufi whirling for example and if I remember right from Castaneda writings, dancing amplify or helping with the ability of the sorcerer to move "assemblage point" ...

:bacon: :dance:

loreta said:
After reading, dancing was my favorite hobby. I love dancing but I didn't dance since some years and I think dancing is as vital as breathing. I think I fall in love with Senegal because they love to dance. And teached me the importance of dancing. Over there no matter what is your age, you dance. Kids, teens, seniors, every one dance. If fact most of African countries, if not all, for them dancing is very important, a sort of expression of the soul, a good exercise that you give to your body, like the body is happy no matter what are your problems.

I was remembering the other day one year I had a lumbago, the sort of lumbago you almost are paralysed. And I cured this lumbago dancing. Amazing but true.
This is really amazing that you healed you back from lumbago. I'm really amazed. :D

I have checked out Senegal dancing on you tube and dancing on the streets in Senegal and I found it very extraordinary, unusal. Did you mean this kind of dancing:

Sabar dance mix from senegal

Thanks for sharing the article and bringing up this topic. Remember seeing the article on sott.net but just now read it in full after seeing this thread today. Anyway.. have a growing interest in Music and Art Therapy, so really interesting to read the part about Dance Therapy :) Therapy that can also be fun, have you feeling 'in the zone', as they say.

As a kid for a few years I practiced ballet. For some reason, even though I really enjoy dance..I wouldn't think much at all about taking a dance class. Some misguided notion that I'd missed my chance since I didn't do much with it as a kid. Recently, on better days though (when I'm not feeling so much in a funk, like today) I'll think about trying out swing dancing, though ballroom also has an appeal as well as ballet to an extent.

Alejo said:
It also makes me think about something i've been discussing with someone about the importance of the lymphatic system, and she would tell me how this is the one system of the body that carries a fluid but has no pump. In other words, it needs movement to pump lymphatic fluid, and how this is related to detox, and to hormone cycles (and recycling) and things a such, even emotional release!

Very interesting!

I love dance!! It is very useful for emotional release.And i use to dance with my beautiful roommate of 1year and 7 months and i feel the nice energy around us :dance:

Hi,
there's this dancing for peace festival in a few major cities around the world, maybe you'll be interested to join!!!
_http://www.bigdance.org.uk/trafalgar-square-2016/

Have fun!!

I perceive dancing as the amplification of the body language and other positions and movements, which we do. Thanks to dancing we can pass more information (about self and not only) and influence self, so learn dancing can be evolving experience, it depend also what kind of dancing we learn.

From my latin dancing experiences, there is something beautifully cosmic in the way people in general connect to the music.
On a physical level, rhythmically, and spiritually.

Being in a dance party, everyone expresses themselves without talking. It is another mode of communication entirely and everyone has their own unique way of moving and special ways of connecting to the others who dance with them. A lot of people find happiness in dancing. It is pure positive energy to me anyways.

Oh! I LOVE dancing! :lol:

It was my favourite hobby when I was a child until I became a "real" dancer, but it's been sooo long since I don't even mock a dance while I'm cleaning the house at least. Besides all the benefits mentioned, for me, dancing is like letting the music flow through you and just follow it, and then it's like getting in touch with myself.

The last time I danced, I was surprised to feel so good the day after, as if all my body pains and brain fog weren't there anymore.

Thanks for posting this article, it's a good reminder to do it even for a little while "just because it's healthy" :halo:

Back
Top Bottom