What was the cause of Gurdjieff's car accident?

I would suggest that there was a breach in the defenses of the group and very negative 4D energy snuck in. When this happens, it can affect anyone's mind, I think. We are talking about things that are very subtle and can nudge here, then there, and you end up with a perfect storm of destruction that can include physical injury.

Laura said:
I would suggest that there was a breach in the defenses of the group and very negative 4D energy snuck in. When this happens, it can affect anyone's mind, I think. We are talking about things that are very subtle and can nudge here, then there, and you end up with a perfect storm of destruction that can include physical injury.

If we're to assume that Gurdjieff was sensitive to feeling these kinds of things and noticing them, that would go some way to explaining the report of how he wanted the car servicing the day before.

There were many times that I read in his books that he had come to realizations that he needed to change this or that or his life would be on repeat like when he talked about his magical ways influencing people/women and how that had to change. He would write about how he was contemplating or mentating as he would say. It's amazing how G would come to these realizations by himself and than know there must be change to advance. Who was his teacher maybe he was in between the starting of a new mechanical way not yet realizing his pattern that kept him from advancing maybe he got caught in between the rung of his own ladder.

Like Laura said its amazing he got as far as he did and we are talking about his teachings in 2016 and people will be talking about them in 2050 and beyond I understand he learned from the west and brought it to the east however even he said he wasn't done in terms of the work. The only person that I have heard has completed the work was fucanelli (spelt wrong I'm sure) however by analysis of how F completed the work and what stage G was at maybe we can find out where he got caught up and it fell short

Like Laura said its amazing he got as far as he did and we are talking about his teachings in 2016 and people will be talking about them in 2050 and beyond I understand he learned from the west and brought it to the east however even he said he wasn't done in terms of the work.

It was the other way, he learned in the east, The Sarmoung Brotherhood("those whose heads have been purified"), but maybe that which was "east" in his time was west in very ancient times.

From my recollection of various accounts, G was found lying on the ground with his jacket under his head. The people who found him marveled that he was able to extract himself from the car at all, let alone put himself in a position lying on the ground with a jacket under his head considering the injuries he'd sustained.

It appears as though he knew something was "going down" on that particular date; he wasn't sure what, so he took all the precautions he could without disrupting the daily goings-on.

From what I recall, he wrote most of his books during the recovery time from one of his car accidents.

It was the other way, he learned in the east, The Sarmoung Brotherhood("those whose heads have been purified"), but maybe that which was "east" in his time was west in very ancient times.

Yes my mistake

In reading the last C's session and coming to realizations about certain people and natural psychological human workings it seems to me that G underestimated the importance of the situation. Justification is also a slippery slope. Did G always feel the need to have the car checked each and every time that he used it? Probably not. There was something wrong with the machine and G knew it he relied on an associate to fix something that he was going to use that could hurt him. IMO its not so much the associate who checked the car that caused G's accident but G relying on the associate 100% in blind faith to check the car. G could have been with the associate as the associate points out what is wrong and explain how to fix or G could have took it to a real mechanic (assuming the associate was not the best mechanic G knew of). Obviously he was a very busy man with a great goal taking up alot of time in his life but at that period in time without a blinking light or noise to tell you if something was or was not fixed. Without the safety aspects of current cars he knew and everyone half as smart as him knew cars were potential death traps especially if there was a mechanical problem. He knew his death trap wasn't working properly and was not present to see the work being done and got in the car and drove off with blind faith. What caused him to have this blind faith this false confidence that everything was ok? My only answer was that his associate was the best mechanic that he knew of or there was a logical/emotional shortcoming. because in many of his stories he would wait days or months before starting or finishing a journey because the weather, timing or other factors were not right delaying for safety or optimization was not foreign to G. However he doesn't spend the time to earn extra money to pay for the car to be fixed? Take extra time to be there to see the car fixed? Wait to borrow another properly working car?

Yes I am second guessing and talking in hindsight however when trying to accomplish great long reaching goals any situation that can threaten your life or goal must be confronted/figured out by you. There must be an internal emotion/motivation that makes one uneasy if not 100% comfortable with appropriate knowledge/real confidence about situation that can hurt you (An emotion/feeling like not being able to sleep at night knowing you will be driving a car that is not working properly) Hence the importance of the C's sessions getting information about situations that are important to the group and individuals of the group.

It was very interesting to read that forces acted on G's associate not allowing him to properly complete the work however my question to that is why did G feel/think (what lead to this feeling/thinking) it was ok to put all of his faith/trust and safety in that persons mental and physical capabilities? From the moment he thought/felt it was ok to the moment he drove off did he have any second thoughts/feelings about his decision/safety?

Menna said:
It was very interesting to read that forces acted on G's associate not allowing him to properly complete the work however my question to that is why did G feel/think (what lead to this feeling/thinking) it was ok to put all of his faith/trust and safety in that persons mental and physical capabilities? From the moment he thought/felt it was ok to the moment he drove off did he have any second thoughts/feelings about his decision/safety?

Maybe it is because of him underestimating the strength of the negative forces as the Cs said:

A: He wasn't "so inattentive". He was aware. It was at the point he became fully cognizant of the forces which he had hitherto considered less capable than they actually were.

Nienna said:
Menna said:

Maybe it is because of him underestimating the strength of the negative forces as the Cs said:

A: He wasn't "so inattentive". He was aware. It was at the point he became fully cognizant of the forces which he had hitherto considered less capable than they actually were.

Yup. That's the one that always trips people up: underestimating the opposition. Yes, we know they are un-creative and sorta dumb sometimes, but Ra pointed out that we cannot plumb the depths of that negativity and its cunning. That's why it takes a network. G knew that in theory, even talked about it in a number of ways, but I think he miscalculated the cold reality of hyperdimensional maneuvers. It's easy to do, of course. We've fallen into complacence here a time or two and then got slammed when least expecting it. The Cs are serious when they say "always expect attack..." Doesn't mean you have to be paranoid, just AWARE and watchful.

Laura said:
Yup. That's the one that always trips people up: underestimating the opposition. Yes, we know they are un-creative and sorta dumb sometimes, but Ra pointed out that we cannot plumb the depths of that negativity and its cunning.

Going by my observations of this reality and extrapolating, I don't think hyperdimensional STS creatures would be uncreative or dumb. I'd expect the best of them to be geniuses beyond our ability to comprehend (look at the marvels of the Atlantean empire!). I'd expect them to be highly creative - and literally create, and tinker with, much of the physical world.

If amateur other-dimensional plant beings can pull off a cross-reality heist in Dyatlov Pass, and all of our contemporary science has no answer nor explanation, who are we to judge?

They'd only be dumb when it comes to any insight into themselves and their behavior. As the C's said (and I do not doubt for a minute), STS is characterized by a supreme lack of insight.

Nienna said:
Menna said:

Well, what was the first thing he did when he recovered enough to get out of bed and go downstairs? He gathered everyone at the Prieure into a room and told them all he was closing everything down and they all had to leave.

I think he learned a valuable lesson about the people he allowed near him.

Muxel said:
Going by my observations of this reality and extrapolating, I don't think hyperdimensional STS creatures would be uncreative or dumb. I'd expect the best of them to be geniuses beyond our ability to comprehend (look at the marvels of the Atlantean empire!). I'd expect them to be highly creative - and literally create, and tinker with, much of the physical world.

They'd only be dumb when it comes to any insight into themselves and their behavior. As the C's said (and I do not doubt for a minute), STS is characterized by a supreme lack of insight.

We were all break away from the negative forces lies that influencing on this world. So, I understand that a large mass of the people's situation. But when it comes to my own children, it makes my heartache.
At first they were favorable toward to Laura, but then when they found some false accusations from Internet, they turned back and thinking that I am the one deceived by Laura.

And they don't even want to examine Laura's work further. They just want to living in this worlds pleasure.
What can I do? I know that in this density, two opposite forces are equally right to exist.
But, still, when I think about my children, the tears gathering in my eyes.

I need some help here in understanding this please:

So in all his work his experiments he didn't know that STS forces could work through others?

Well, what was the first thing he did when he recovered enough to get out of bed and go downstairs? He gathered everyone at the Prieure into a room and told them all he was closing everything down and they all had to leave.

I think he learned a valuable lesson about the people he allowed near him.

He learned that and more. The negativity of the accident lead to the positive side of it IMO and gave him time to think his actions after the accident are important as well.

Here is a different not-so-lethal in the end incident of Gurdjieff's car smashing against a tree.

[quote author=Gurdjieff and The Women of the Rope]

Friday May 14, 1937

Miss Gordon telephoned that he (Gurdjieff) had telephoned from Cannes that "something was" with his car, and that he was taking the train. This noon, still in pajamas and typing, he sent me word he was downstairs. I threw on topcoat and descended. He was pacing up and down, his arm in a sling. Before explaining, he asked all about each patient to whom I had been giving piqûres in his absence. Then he said he had left his car on a steep Alp, engine off, handbrake only holding, while he went to look at the view. In the car there was a woman and children. Suddenly the car moved forward toward the curve and precipice. With one gigantic bound - "never was my brain so quick" - he leaped on the running board, put his arm inside, and steered the Buick straight off the road downhill to the only tree in sight. The car was smashed to bits, but the occupants were saved. He was thrown into the air, turned over several times and fell on his shoulder. "Almost all was finished; me, my work, all of you".

pg156-157
[/quote]

Before his passing in 1949, Gurdjieff had another serious car accident in 1948. He suffered severe internal injuries in that crash.

From different accounts, Gurdjieff apparently drove quite recklessly. He apparently taught himself driving. Here is Kathryn Hulme, one of the "women of the rope" reminiscing

[quote author=Kathryn Hulme]
He drove like a wild man, cutting in and out of traffic without hand signals or even space to accommodate his car in the lanes he suddenly switched to . . . until he was in them, safe by a hair . . . he always got away first on the green light even (so it seemed) when he was one or two cars behind the starting line . . . the chances he took overtaking buses and trucks were terrifying. I watched with suspended breath each time he swung out around a truck and headed directly into another coming toward him on the narrow two lane road.
[/quote]

Fritz Peters recounted similar accounts where Gurdjieff would drive on the wrong side of the road and would not check for gas or carry enough gas so that the car unexpectedly came to a halt in the middle of the road.

So, even if his accident had a "hyperdimensional" element, Gurdjieff's antics with the car significantly increased the chances of something going wrong on the road.

Menna said:
I need some help here in understanding this please:

So in all his work his experiments he didn't know that STS forces could work through others?

I think that he may have knew that they could work through others, but he may not have realized that they could work through those that he thought were awake enough to not be used by them, or, maybe he didn't understand just how much they could influence others such as doing something that could actually kill a friend.

Back
Top Bottom