What's the weather where you are?

After four days of mid '30s weather and hot evenings, it's finally cooling off. It's only going to 26 today and dropping to 10 tonight, low to mid-20s for next week. What a relief! Also, there are storm warnings, but that can change.
And, after a mosquito-free summer, they returned with a vengeance. Clouds and clouds of the pesky little devils. But it's also calling for 30+ k winds, so that will put a big dent in the population.

Croatia,
Hail in Istria, significant material damage in agriculture.Showers and leeches

https://youtu.be/72fcxyHiZto

11056544_937975386260356_6799594959878685229_n.jpg

11892064_10153396300546072_8154245112553211695_n.jpg

In the Gulf of Genoa were recorded numerous leeches and radars detected and the presence of strong thunderstorm system throughout the Mediterranean.

Genova
l1-205x120.jpg

l3-205x120.jpg

casper said:
Croatia,
[...]
In the Gulf of Genoa were recorded numerous leeches and radars detected and the presence of strong thunderstorm system throughout the Mediterranean.

Just a note that Croatian word for waterspout (weather phenomenon) is the same like for leech (animal). Probably because it sucks. :)

Saša said:
casper said:
Croatia,
[...]

Just a note that Croatian word for waterspout (weather phenomenon) is the same like for leech (animal). Probably because it sucks. :)
Thank you Saša, I smiled to myself very well and my English :D :-[ :D

This is awesome. Imagine it 10x more intense, eh?
_http://sploid.gizmodo.com/this-wet-microburst-is-like-the-sky-turning-on-a-giant-1723988898

Rain arrived in form of cyclone Yvette west of Ukraine. The heat is still radiating from the walls due to previous week's dog-days, but the draft is cool. Finally I can think and work again for prolonged periods!

It's been horrible here in California, last weekend we were over 107 in some areas and it was felt as though it was 110 degrees, it will continue like this as per weather.con till this week.... :scared: :cool2:

Merci pour vos nouvelles "Météo", sur la Côte d'Azur en France voilà 3 jours après une journée avec quelques pluies qu'il fait enfin plus frais 16 à 18° la nuit et 26 à 28° le jour...
Le ciel n'est pas pas vraiment bleu plutôt nuageux... On respire mieux...

Thank you for your new 'Weather' on the Cote d'Azur in France three days here after a day with some rain finally it is cooler 16-18 ° C at night and 26-28 ° day ...
The sky is not really blue rather not cloudy ... We breathe better ...

In thinking about and observing the weather of late, what comes to mind is the weird localization of the weather events. As the crow fly's, less than 100 km. away, there has been virtually no rain for months and wildfires have been the norm. Here it was very hot in July and now in much of August it has cooled right down and been somewhat wet. Less than 100 km. away in the other direction (here on Aug 21) it has been snowing. So within a 200 km. radius the weather is either fire-weather or winter-weather. Here is a link of the snow today in Alberta - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/snow-falls-in-western-alberta-as-frost-advisories-issued-1.3199575

The heat wave is gone. Its again a chilly weather in Macedonia like it was the whole June. From July 10 until the start of August it was really hot.Now again its about 10-12 C in the morning.You can feel a cold light wing from north during all day.Atmosphere is very clear, so it means its cold.Very very unusual summer .

Merci pour vos nouvelles "Météo"... En France, sur la Côte d'Azur le temps est beau et supportable même sans clim qui est maintenant rangée, après le 15 aout c'est souvent le cas...
Température la nuit qui est claire 23° et le jour 27°, ciel bleu...

Thank you for your new 'Weather' ... In France, on the French Riviera same time is beautiful and endurable without air conditioning which is now row after August 15 is often the case ...
Temperature at night that is clear 23 ° and 27 ° the day, blue sky ...

NW UK coast, Lancashire, Fylde, opened with rain from about 10am, continuing the showers and unsettled weather from recent days; now at 2pm, a greyish sky at about 18C

Days prior have been similar; max 20C, intermittent to total cloud coverage, patches of rain, 80% humidity/muggy/close in the day but especially night time at around 88% humidity and 10C.

Thebull said:
Very muggy/close in here in North Yorkshire over the last few days Quite uncomfortable.

The keyword for this years UK meteorologists is still: 'unsettled', it's catchier than "We don't know", even more so with this weekends 'storms' predicted. The warm air from mainland Europe is apparently clashing with the northerly cold winds with thunder and lightning expected later today around the UK.

I've attached another forecast to give an idea of just how much of a wash out the UK summer has been. Today's clouds have no outline and i can't see the sky but some days the sun gets out for a few hours, like Thursday, before it rained again.

Down south they've had better luck with sunny days but nothing to shout about, but a few hours/days of persistent sunshine does not a summer make.

Attachments

• Lancashire Weather 22.08.jpg
    Lancashire Weather 22.08.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 101
I awoke to our first frost of the year this morning here in central Alberta. Not even any warning. i guess ill have to settle with little pumpkins spaghetti and butternut squashes and stubs of zuchini.

North of Italy, the last week the heat wave we were experiencing has gone and it started to rain to this day and maybe will continue to rain until Tuesday, the temperatures are reaching during the day max 19° C, it feels like the autumn, but unfortunately(for me) it seems the heat will turn back the next Thursday with temperatures reaching 34-36° C max during the day, so yes i agree with other comrades here who said that it is a strange summer, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom