What's the weather where you are?

Regulattor said:
It seems that snow storm which was announced to hit us in last few days are coming our way indeed. Mountainous parts of Croatia received 40-100 cm of snow and forecast says there is more to come. Snow is expected to fall interchangeably until Tuesday next week with accumulation over 100cm in some places. Region where I live (Zagreb) is expected to receive something between 30-50cm so it could be interesting to see how things will develop. Temperatures are to fall to -15C -20C lowest, so it could be one quite a good winter punch in SE Europe.

That's a lot of snow, I hope you all will keep safe during the snowstorm! Here in the Netherlands the lowest temperature is around -4C. Apparently it's going to get slightly warmer next week. We've had only bits of snowfall here and there, but nothing too 'serious' yet, it just melts away. It's been a mild winter so far.

Here in Spain the weather is completely nuts. Not where I live even if for the last 2 weeks I did not see the sun. But in the peninsula many parts have received snow. At this link you can see many pictures of cities under snow... This is really amazing.

http://www.msn.com/es-es/eltiempo/noticias/las-im%C3%A1genes-del-temporal-de-fr%C3%ADo-y-nieve-con-el-que-se-ha-despertado-gran-parte-de-espa%C3%B1a/ss-AA90J6R?ocid=UP97DHP#image=1

Cold and a bit of snow and some snow flurries and cold rain over the last week here in South of France. It's supposed to continue hovering around -1 to +2 or 3 for the next few days; maybe a bit more snow; and then a little bit of warming next week - up to 5 or 6. We went almost a week with no sun and it doesn't show up for long even when it does pop out!

It's like late November/early December weather beginning in Feb. Weird.

USA, MidSouth, 35 degrees N Lat.

The weather app i have keeps saying it is in the 30's F, but it seems at least 10 to 20 degrees F higher to my perception.

We are having "golf weather"...for gosh sakes where did I leave the Pings ?? :lol:

No kidding it is very strange to have this NOW. We are in a winter that we were told would be long and hard. The worst it got so far was around Thanksgiving; an ice storm that melted the next day.

Today, and much of the last 2 weeks, I worked in the yard, outside.... in shorts. The cold baths have dropped my body temp that low ? Not!

My plants inside , along a southern window, are growing huge , alternate limbs, as well. There is something up, b/c the plants are responding to something that I am not doing to them.

The Sun placement or some sort of impetus that is not visible, yet is solar ? Cosmic rays of some kind ???

Laura said:
Cold and a bit of snow and some snow flurries and cold rain over the last week here in South of France. It's supposed to continue hovering around -1 to +2 or 3 for the next few days; maybe a bit more snow; and then a little bit of warming next week - up to 5 or 6. We went almost a week with no sun and it doesn't show up for long even when it does pop out!

It's like late November/early December weather beginning in Feb. Weird.

It has been the same here in the South of England this week - 2 mornings with about 2-3cm of snow and -1 to 3C temperatures throughout the days and nights.

Laura said:
Minas Tirith said:
Far too warm here in NorCal ...73 degrees and the daffodils are in full bloom. Not a single drop of rain in January. I wish I could send some of the warmth to the East Coast :/

http://www.sott.net/article/290255-Record-nine-inches-of-rain-drench-San-Francisco

This article is from December 2014 - there were a couple of severe storms back then. January was no single drop of rain:

San Francisco gets no rain in January for first time in 165 years
January was driest on record for the S.F. Bay Area, National Weather Service says.
The National Weather Service also said Santa Cruz recorded no rain in January for the first time since 1893. Normal rainfall for that city in January is more than 6 inches.

For the Bay Area as a whole, last month was the driest January on record, the weather service said.

December brought decent rain to Southern and Northern California, raising hopes for a wet winter. But January turned out to be dry and unusually warm.
_http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-francisco-no-rain-january-california-drought-20150201-story.html

Laura said:
Atmospheric river poised to soak Sacramento
http://www.sacbee.com/news/weather/article9180716.html

Water vapor – Mississippi River-size amounts of it flowing at hurricane speeds miles above the Earth – is hurtling across the Pacific, an atmospheric river poised to drench a parched Northern California and the Sacramento region as early as Thursday night.

A crack team of science experts is going along for the ride, part of an experiment known as CalWater 2015, many of whom gathered at McClellan Park near Sacramento on Tuesday in preparation for the major weather event and the vital information they hope to pull from the phenomenon.

“It’s a real milestone for us. Nothing of this scope has happened,”

Yeah, it's coming ... :/

M.T.

Leonarda said:
Today it's snowing in the north of Spain. First time in 10 years nearly :shock:, at least in my city..

Minus 40 degrees as perceived temperature in some regions of Aragon (Spain). That is chilly!

Spanish news item here:
http://es.sott.net/article/35642-La-sensacion-termica-podria-bajar-a-40-grados-en-Espana

Gaby said:
Leonarda said:
Today it's snowing in the north of Spain. First time in 10 years nearly :shock:, at least in my city..

Minus 40 degrees as perceived temperature in some regions of Aragon (Spain). That is chilly!

Spanish news item here:
http://es.sott.net/article/35642-La-sensacion-termica-podria-bajar-a-40-grados-en-Espana

Temperature of -40 C is Spain. :jawdrop:
We all know Spain as warm and sunny country. It is like in Siberia.
This global warming is little chilly.

Konstantin said:

It is in the mountains, where some of the lowest temperatures for Spain are recorded. Still, this is not normal! In Zaragoza, they predicted -25 degrees as perceived temperature due to humidity plus winds. :O

Blizzard in Lika and Gorski Kotar.Wind with gusts up to 100 kilometers per hour hinders traffic in all regions along the Dalmatian.
The highway was closed due to a large snow bank, the population was warned not to go out there, if you do not have to.
Some smaller towns remained without electricity. Rail traffic was interrupted.
Thus today in Croatia

Gaby said:
Konstantin said:

It is in the mountains, where some of the lowest temperatures for Spain are recorded. Still, this is not normal! In Zaragoza, they predicted -25 degrees as perceived temperature due to humidity plus winds. :O

Wow, it's really cold in Spain!

In the South of Siberia, it's -7 C now (in day time). By the way, we've been having a thick fog for two days already, which is exceptionally rare here in winter.

And they also forecast +6 C for Monday (which is way above normal here). Siberia is more like Spain now, and Spain is more like Siberia? :rolleyes:

Here in Italy(north of Italy) finally we had snow for 2 day from Thursday till this morning than it melted but in other Italian northern regions received a lot of snow now this storm is heeding towards the central-south of Italy in the next couple of day during night will be cold -3 - 6 C° but no snow,anyway at least where i live (Torino),in comparison with the last winter this one is much colder,the last winter was more milder.

Croatia, windy and cold, snow in mountainous areas, the sea is predicted for next week the temperature with the sign +, and finally some sun :)

Konstantin said:
Gaby said:
Leonarda said:

Spanish news item here:

Can you believe that many people still say that it is normal these kinds of temperature? Can you believe it? they say: oh, it is normal, its winter.

I really think and it is not the first time I say it, that people are completely zombi. This is a very serious problem. To be unable to see that this temperature in Spain is not normal. I am flabbergasted by the people around me.

In the the Canaries is very cold. No sun since two weeks. Is this normal? nooooooo.

Back
Top Bottom