Why Are We Paying $ For Democracy And Truth?

W

Walkman

Hello all,

I'm glad to have found my way to this site, and it's been so enlightening to me,,, along with other sites that people post here on this site. It's all revealing to us what is going on in the world,,, and in our very own front & backyards.

Anyway, it has come to me as I go from site-to-site, and try my best to want to help spread the word and do my part, but I see more and more web sites out there still promoting what they do "MAINLY" for the "PROFIT" margin. I understand what it takes to get the word out,if that's what your "MAIN" objective is to do.

I see so many websites that have documents, videos and so forth that they want the world to see, AND spread the message, but I see at the same time that many of them are also putting a price tag on that information. Some sites I've been to allow you to watch their video online, not providing a way to download the complete video (for instance), and then encouraging you to spread the word. That's not happening. And I see that alot of the so-called "rally" to stand up is seemily becoming a "1st, you must pay me" ordeal.

1. How many people do you think is going to spread a message if you charge them to do so?
2. How many people after they PAID for your message is going to go buy dvd's out of their own pocket, with no support of others, and then distribute your messages?
3. How many people do you think is going to "rally" for your announced cause if they have to pay you?

I know that websites and people have to live and pay for bills, I'm well aware of that. Since I'm a computer guru myself, I know the time and effort it takes to have a webmaster, designers, writers, photographers, database administrators, and probably anything else involving the computers and website management. But if you have a cause for the people, the last thing on your mind is... "How much should we charge for this?".

With people like me that have resources and means to multiply your messages to many people, why do you charge for your info? I can create any of these videos and I would encourage everyone to download my stuff, and make copies, and share it with others.... That way you'll get a "profit" for sure.... because you haven't charged anyone, and at the same time the people see your worthiness and now they are GLAD to DONATE to you.

Whenever you charge for messages to be spread around, you're going to most likely start finding people questioning your messages. Why.... because they "PAID" for it, and it's not what they wanted to hear. At least when you provide the information to people and not charge people for the information, they WILL have an open mind.

Charging people will have them 1st saying.. "I hope this is good".
Charging people will eventually have a negative response of people willing to go further with you.. all because you want to keep charging them money. And it's all the information that is probably "publicly available" to any that does their researches good enough... especially on the Internet.

The makers of one of the "world-wide" watched videos about the 9-11 incident, was on a torrent site and he personally encouraged everyone to "download & distribute" his work.... That's what I'm talking about. An actual owner of the works... on the most used method known today to download movies and so forth... being a part of it to tell people to do such.. with his work. His profits will come from people seeing his videos, his website address and knowing his cause, and will be more than happy to "DONATE"...

Although you're still going to charge for people to know the truth,,, just remeber this... and this is a FACT>>>

1. Someone is going to get your video and they're going to make it available for others anyway. That's a FACT.
2. Your sales will reach it's peak, and that will be it,,,, and your sales will crumble from that video. That's a FACT.
3. If you give your information away for FREE, and ASK for donations. You'll make more than trying to sell it. That's a FACT.
4. If you give your information away, and allow people to distribute it, it'll get into more hands than selling it. That's a FACT
5. If you open up your honesty of "Spread The Word" to people, you'll have more people helping to contribute to your cause and you'll see your flock of people joining in WITH you.
6. Although people will criticize anything anyway, you'll stand a better chance of having less and less people on your site, or writing to you complaining or questioning you as though now you have everyone against you. That's just the phychological way of human. You charged me for this, and it may be something they already knew about. Can you honestly say that you've giving them what they expected? You didn't give them what they would have expected if they paid for it, because if they already knew about it.... they wouldn't have paid for it.

If you're going to sell your information, at least make it free too..... in other words....make what you have available through the "torrent" sites, and if someone buys from you, you make a profit, but if they get it from a torrent site, you'll get more of the message out.

Which one means the most to you?
a. making a profit
b. getting the word out faster and more plentiful?

Remember: you only have one choice. Which one is it REALLY going to be for you?

All-in-all, we need to encourage other rightful owners of their "Listen Hear World" materials to at least make their material also "FREELY" available through other sources. To date now, I only know of one source that encourages you to do such with his works. Sure, he sells other items from his site, but main stuff is FREE.

Who's next to do so?

On an ending note:
I look at web sites like I've never done, since I myself am a webmaster/hosting co/ I look at web sites differently. And one thing lets me know about sites if they have it available, and that's the forum stats.

I look for how many people are actually registered to that forum. I look for that because that tells me how strong the unity of the site is.

I look for how many people are actually online at that moment. That gives me a sense of the unity of the site/forum.

I do an analysis of the traffic of a domain and see how popular it is. I look deeply at all the available info to me to determine any sites' worth to me.

If web sites want to grow, I've already layed out a simple plan. It'll work because I know it works, especially after owning over 135 domains. There are greater rewards when you make the $ the last priority for a "Just Cause".

Sell your books, candy, t-shirts and so forth.... but take the price tag off of "Democracy & Truth".

Walkman

Back
Top Bottom