Wildlife and Natural Photography Pics

Mr.Cyan said:
987baz said:
Some nice pics there Mr Cyan, what's your camera/lens setup?

Thanks 987baz,

The camera bodies i use are a Canon 5D Mark III, or a 60D.

Lenses: Canon EF IS USM F4.0 70-200mm, F4.5-5.4 100-400mm, F4 24-70(can't remember exact focal length)mm, and a Tokina F2.8 11-16mm. Sometimes i use a 2x Extender with the 100-400mm, but for this setup i will then have to use Manual Focus (Great Frigate Bird Pic).

All pics attached we taken with 5D mark III, only the Antarctic Rorschach, Heaven and Earth, and Kittiwake Fight pics were taken with the 60D.

As i am taking mostly fast moving wildlife - i normally use very high ISOs (between 1000-3000), in order to get high shutter speeds (1/500- 1/3000s). F values i use between 4-9. The 5D Mark III is really good with high ISO, hences its my favourite body now :).

Just checked out your photography website too, and really liked the great potraits and band pics

I use a markII 16-35 F2.8, 24-70 F2.8 100mm Macro F 2.8. I haven't really tried to much wild life stuff, but I think I will give it a go.

Thanks for the kind words regarding my pics :cool2:

liffy said:
Let's see if these attachment work.
These photos are from all around the american continent(s).

great pics too liffy!

:jawdrop:

Very beautiful pictures!!!

I'd like to share some too. They're not as good as yours but well... here they are:

Attachments

• little_bug.jpg
    little_bug.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 136
  • butterfly.jpg
    butterfly.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 138
  • opening_flower.jpg
    opening_flower.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 141
  • uyuni.jpg
    uyuni.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 137
  • dandelion.jpg
    dandelion.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
  • pink_flower.jpg
    pink_flower.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
  • isle_lewis_harris.jpg
    isle_lewis_harris.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
  • lizard_machu_picchu.jpg
    lizard_machu_picchu.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 7
  • red_bug.jpg
    red_bug.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 7
  • grasshopper.jpg
    grasshopper.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 140
Nice pictures.
There is another link that i think is titled nature pictures but i am unable to find it. Perhaps these threads should be merged?
Just want to ad a pic of mine and my pigs first litter of 13.

Attachments

• 20150307_094919.jpg
    20150307_094919.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 8
Yas said:

I'd like to share some too. They're not as good as yours but well... here they are:

Yas, these a very beautiful pictures - your macro shot of the "Opening flower" is stunning :)! Will definitely save a copy, hope you dont mind - Please could you let us know where you took that shot, and the settings ;)

Yas said:

nice macros Yas :D

I'll chuck some my pics in too, I don't do a lot of nature photography but here are a few.

Attachments

• ER.jpg
    ER.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
  • cactus.jpg
    cactus.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Myanmar3.jpg
    Myanmar3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 14
  • wish.jpg
    wish.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9
  • buttefly.jpg
    buttefly.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 15
  • pinnacles.jpg
    pinnacles.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 22
Mr.Cyan said:
Yas said:

Yas, these a very beautiful pictures - your macro shot of the "Opening flower" is stunning :)! Will definitely save a copy, hope you dont mind - Please could you let us know where you took that shot, and the settings ;)

:-[ Thanks! I don't remember the cam settings since it was a long time ago in Peru, but the cam was a Coolpix 1400, not even a SRL, but it was an excellent camera nevertheless.

987baz said:
I'll chuck some my pics in too, I don't do a lot of nature photography but here are a few.

Very nice!!

And the piggies reminded me of these:

Attachments

• pig.jpg
    pig.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9527_lq.jpg
    IMG_9527_lq.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 7
And these are other pics:

I don't know if the sunset counts as natural photography, but I love taking pictures of the skies. :love:

Attachments

• cicada.jpg
    cicada.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0404.jpg
    DSC_0404.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • owl.jpg
    owl.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_1779.JPG
    DSC_1779.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • DSC_1973.JPG
    DSC_1973.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • sky.jpg
    sky.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
Yas said:
Mr.Cyan said:
Yas said:

:-[ Thanks! I don't remember the cam settings since it was a long time ago in Peru, but the cam was a Coolpix 1400, not even a SRL, but it was an excellent camera nevertheless.

987baz said:

Very nice!!

And the piggies reminded me of these:

Thanks Yas, indeed the Coolpix, and the Canon Ixus series definitely take very good pics.

987baz,

The ER picture is really nice, is that the 12 apostles in the south coast of Victoria, Australia ?

987baz,

The ER picture is really nice, is that the 12 apostles in the south coast of Victoria, Australia ?

Thanks, actually that shot was taken at Elephant rock down in the south west of Australia, a place called Denmark. I have some pics of the Apostles somewhere, I'll see if I can dig them out. The shot above is from a place we call the Pinnacles, they're basically fossilized trees.

Yas you fo have an interesting talent for photography i think. I cannot remember how i got to it but i remember looking through your photos on facebook once. I do wonder though if there is a measure for talent or if i just subjectively like your pictures?

davey72 said:
Yas you fo have an interesting talent for photography i think. I cannot remember how i got to it but i remember looking through your photos on facebook once. I do wonder though if there is a measure for talent or if i just subjectively like your pictures?

:-[

I don't know! I guess you just like them subjectively... lol :P

Back
Top Bottom