YouTube videos about my articles

At the beginning, I found the first video a bit too fast. But watching them again, I thought that it wasn't too bad at all. It is a learning lesson, to find your pace, some things work and some others don't.

And I can personally agree with the first video out of my experience: You cannot plan a success and that there is also some luck, or stars involved. And imo it requires hard work, most often daily and taking successful people and their work as an example is helpful, but you need to find your style and pace. That means, it isn't enough to watch endless videos and dream about something, you need to get out and do something, whatever destiny someone has. At least, these are my two cents.

Thanks for the suggestion - yeah, I had some feedback from people who liked the pace (that rapid-fire style seems to be a thing for the ADHD generation who put everything on double speed anyway lol), but it's a fine line I suppose that isn't easy to nail. I will definitely tone it down a bit next time and leave more pauses.
If your aim is to reach a younger audience then you are doing a fine job with the pacing. If you go too slow and don't cut out the pauses they will 2x your videos, or skip out altogether, which decreases your watch time, which tells the algorithm to stop pushing your videos to recommendations. Pay attention to your engagement analytics rather than the personal preferences of people who are not in your target audience.

Sur votre Youtube, Luc, Iona Se, m'informe :
"Vous pouvez activer la traduction automatique qui va traduire les sous-titres anglais en français. Ce n'est pas parfait mais bien compréhensible"
Si les Français sont intéressés

On your Youtube, Luc, Iona Se, informs me:
"You can activate the automatic translation which will translate the English subtitles into French. It's not perfect but quite understandable"
If the French are interested

Excellent feedback, thanks! Yes, the YouTube thing is a craft, so it takes lots of practice, which you can only get by cranking out videos, mistakes and all... If only this wasn't as time consuming!
I hear that! should you ever need help, do not hesitate! but also, one day you will look back and see the progress :)

Love them. Obviously you’re new to this so the quality will only get better (I don’t have any issues with the quality as they are already 😁). If I had to give any advice it might be to make some longer videos in the 10-20 minute length, videos where you can really go into some depth with your knowledge.

The world is practically screaming for more of this content 👍👍. Maybe focus on using a number of hashtags to enhance your reach 🤷‍♂️

Great start Luc, I've subscribed to your channel.

One thing I noticed, especially with the second video, is that trying to convey something via video forces me to clear up my thoughts even more to break in down. In writing, I can get away with intellectualizing, but this won't work on YouTube, so rhat might be a good thing.

It's interesting how this works indeed, and I am assuming you are using this format as a way to engage with younger audience members, ones who don't read? ( which is a lot these days) which I think is a great idea.

I found the videos to be clear and concise as far as the idea and audio goes, but I would agree that the jump cuts (technical term for when the cuts cut to a similar shot size and framing) is quite distracting. If you want to cut a lot, to keep the pacing up I would recommend cutting from a wider shot to closer or vice versa, that way it's not a s jarring. Also with the jump cuts, if you're using adobe Premier to cut, you can use a in the effect - video transitions - morphcut, which does a good job of getting rid of the jump cuts.
Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 9.50.58 am.png

Overall, I think the lighting and framing is good, just the above mentioned jump cuts, another thing you could do, is have less of you talking and more cutting to stock footage as that won't seem as jarring.

As an video editor myself I can appreciate the time and effort that has gone into this!
Any way just my 2 cents, I look forward to seeing more

Great job, Luc!

You look and speak very naturally. I enjoyed a lot the vids, so keep up the very good work :thup:
Ditto @luc. They grabbed my attention and held it . I found them exceptionally enjoyable. And I think it was @iamthatis that eluded to your facial expression, that it was worth a million bucks. ABSOLUTELY
So yeah, keep doing what you're doing very well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom