Session 24 October 2009

LQB said:
Laura said:
LQB said:
In thinking about all of this, what comes to mind is the need for some gentle, introductory, well-written/expressed, and concise material that can bring folks along on the threads that they are likely to resonate to. A long list of imposing references will not do for most. Some of the papers/essays that Laura and others have written would play well here. I see a need for reading lists/references at several levels that can be made available using the sight/vision that forum members have and are developing (including myself). A great task (imo) would be to assemble reading lists (with great care) for Level 1, Level 2, ... possibly up to a Level 5. These could then be applied individually at the local level with true sight and vision. This would make the information available to All.

Hang on to this idea and we'll discuss it once we are more organized and have our "meeting place" set up for members. If you feel inclined to begin working on it, that's good too!

I'll begin outlining the appropriate threads as a function of Level and post for feedback.

An example might begin with the experience I related in the first post:
Last week I got my haircut in a local salon in "Bumpkin", USA, where the salon-talk is focused on who has cancer and what their chemo schedule is. With the programs running in these folk, alternative treatments do not even register on the radar screen. But then the girl cutting my hair began to think and said that "it must be in the food ... all those chemicals and things". This gave me a huge shot of HOPE - that maybe there is a way through this with some specially targeted education.

A key conscious concern that many rural folk have is an explanation of why so many of their family and friends are falling victim to chronic diseases - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. A good health thread would grab the attention of many - one that explains food toxins, environmental toxins, detoxing, food choice, traditional foods vs processed foods, etc. A very concise discussion can be made of this thread with a few valuable references (such as Detoxify or Die). This thread naturally leads to the Ag thread. And the Ag thread leads to the medical thread. The medical thread leads to the corporate thread. And the corporate thread leads to the pathocracy thread. And the pathocracy thread leads to the psychopath thread, and now we are getting close to the trunk of the tree. So the threads are like branches that can extend into the real conscious concerns of folk and begin painting the bigger picture. It is, of course, up to the individual how far he/she takes the research, but we can lay a good part of the path down for them. Much of the material for these threads lies buried in the threads of this forum. It would take compiling, editing, and ensuring clear, concise treatment in the minimum volume (and the references are already there). In total, these threads would paint the bigger picture of our current true reality and lead right to the esoteric trunk of the tree. They would exist as digestible chunks, particularly at the lower levels where we are seeking connection to direct conscious concerns of folk. This is where this thinking is taking me.

The paths/concerns in at the lower level might include:
Health - Toxins and nutrition
Detox
Traditional foods and health diets
Allopathic poisoning
Economic concerns
Education concerns
I'm sure there are more

Observational note: After spending much time driving in the rural areas one thing stands out now. The only parking lots that have many cars in them are medical clinics and rehab centers.

mkrnhr said:
Edit (out of subject) :
I had the impression while reading the session transcript that something was urgent. Things are speeding up since a long time and we can expect things to evolve in an exponential way. However, compared to the recent sessions, this one seems to be a quantum (no pun intended) jump. I have the sentiment that something changed in our timeline that produced a more-than-exponential change. Is anybody having the same impression? I there something multidimensional calling to act more rapidly than expected a few days ago? Hope my question is clear...

Fwiw I had the same impression. At first I thought the C's might be referring to to Obama's announcement of the nation-wide emergency with the swine flu and maybe mandatory inoculations are around the corner which is why it was urgent to get this moving. However after a bit it just seemed like everyone had a lot of questions so the pages just kept piling up fast but since you bring it up, I have also been wondering if theres not something much more to this. My thoughts, if I read your question correctly. ;)

Pete02 said:
Fwiw I had the same impression. At first I thought the C's might be referring to to Obama's announcement of the nation-wide emergency with the swine flu and maybe mandatory inoculations are around the corner which is why it was urgent to get this moving. However after a bit it just seemed like everyone had a lot of questions so the pages just kept piling up fast but since you bring it up, I have also been wondering if theres not something much more to this. My thoughts, if I read your question correctly. ;)
:) pretty much

What is interesting to me is how totally and completely our minds have been taken over by pathology. At the same time, something inside us rebels against that pathology, and we become mavericks with no "home", no community, no network, all outsiders wandering around like pinballs, bouncing off the pathology in our environment; no structure, no foundation, because, of course, the ONLY structures and foundations and homes and communities we know are pathological and we reject them instinctively.

I have searched for some time for a place of community - be it a church or whatever. In spite of my dislike of the idea of "church", I have often missed that feeling of community/belonging/fellowship that others derive from their memberships. The problem is always that i am instinctively put-off by the belief systems of most church groups and although i would attend for some time with the thought that i did not have to fully commit to such beliefs - the disconnect inside was too great and inevitably would quit attending.

I have been really excited by the advent of the FOTCM; to have something that stands for TRUTH, that does not manipulate its members and truly serves humanity...well my application is in the mail! Oh - and the "church" of scientology has now invaded my neighborhood and is papering the area with their propaganda...so...its definitely time for some fresh air!

LQB said:
In thinking about all of this, what comes to mind is the need for some gentle, introductory, well-written/expressed, and concise material that can bring folks along on the threads that they are likely to resonate to. A long list of imposing references will not do for most. Some of the papers/essays that Laura and others have written would play well here. I see a need for reading lists/references at several levels that can be made available using the sight/vision that forum members have and are developing (including myself). A great task (imo) would be to assemble reading lists (with great care) for Level 1, Level 2, ... possibly up to a Level 5. These could then be applied individually at the local level with true sight and vision. This would make the information available to All.

This brings up a good point - i have been discussing SOTT / Cass ideas with family and friends for years. However, no matter how much i read/study, when i attempt to explain things in depth or answer questions, it quickly becomes obvious that i have a loooong way to go - and it is very frustrating. I certainly came to understand why Gurdjieff refused to have his students discuss the Work outside the group.

I am much better with health/nutrition/diet issues and feel comfortable discussing those things. I learned much when my step-father had cancer - could not do anything once the medical establishment got hold - but we put up a valiant fight and learned much in the process and i think that knowledge is now helping other family/friends.

My mother lives in a "bumpkin, usa" and we do have a small community where she lives in the country. There are a few health stores, so there is some awareness of nutrition and i have also noticed a growth and interest in organic gardening as well. The town tends toward fundamentalism - but i do see some openness to new ideas. So... it will really help to have some more guidance in how to get the word out in the best way possible.

mkrnhr said:
Edit (out of subject) :
I had the impression while reading the session transcript that something was urgent. Things are speeding up since a long time and we can expect things to evolve in an exponential way. However, compared to the recent sessions, this one seems to be a quantum (no pun intended) jump. I have the sentiment that something changed in our timeline that produced a more-than-exponential change. Is anybody having the same impression? I there something multidimensional calling to act more rapidly than expected a few days ago? Hope my question is clear...

From my perspective, I agree, there does appear to be a quantum jump in activity. Although looking back, I first became aware of an escalation in August withe introduction of the Breathing-Meditation programme. But the last session has ramped up the change. Perhaps the C's were referring to what was already (apparently) happening in the background, the preparation work for the FotCM. If you recall, the C's said twice:

A: ... open the doors for the forum and more.
Q: (L) ... open the doors for anybody and everybody?
A: Pretty much!

and

A: ... It is the clearest and most cogent statement of its kind that has ever launched a true system of growth and participation with higher realms that we know of.

and earlier,

A: Their connections are forming at higher levels.

Put together this may indicate the source of the multidimensional calling to act more rapidly - the fact that the rapid action is happening here on this level and connecting at higher levels. A means of 'striking whilst the iron is hot'? To move things on for the good of humanity. Well, those are my thoughts.

Laura said:
Ana said:
shijing said:
If a logo were to be considered, I have to admit that one based on a crop formation like either of the two mentioned above would seem rather appropriate -- especially if it had some direct symbolic meaning that related to the principles and we were pretty sure it was genuine and not faked.

There is very creative people here, maybe we can create one symbolizing the aim of Paleochristianity (create a true STO community through knowledge.. )?

I'll be interested in seeing ya'll design suggestions, but be aware that there are a couple pros already working on it! The more the merrier, I say!

I would like to suggest the analemma as a basic symbol for Paleochristianity (my avatar is a photographed example).

Analemma.com said:
Have you ever seen this figure-8 on a globe and wondered what it is? It is simply this: if you could record the position of the sun in the sky at the same time every day, let’s say sometime around noon and subtracting one hour if you are observing daylight saving time, you would notice that the sun takes a rather strange path. You might notice that at certain times throughout the year the sun's position not only varies higher and lower (North and South) as you would expect with the change of the seasons, but also slightly east and west. This figure-8 path that the sun makes in the sky is called the analemma.

There many reasons to adopt this symbol:

1) Its simple- therefore easy to remember and easy to explain.
2) It almost looks as if its an extension of the Ichthys symbol of early christianity, and thus would perfectly represent "paleochristianity". Compare:
ichthy1.jpg

Analemma.png

3) It is reminiscent of the infinity symbol, so it could symbolize the possibilities for a new world.
4) It links to the megalithic cultures via astronomy.

Wikipedia.org/wiki/archaeoastronomy said:
Many astronomical alignments have been claimed for Stonehenge, a complex of megaliths and earthworks in the Salisbury Plain of England. The most famous of these is the midsummer alignment, where the Sun rises over the Heel Stone. However, this interpretation has been challenged by some archaeologists who argue that the midwinter alignment, where the viewer is outside Stonehenge and sees the sun setting in the henge, is the more significant alignment, and the midsummer alignment may be a coincidence due to local topography.[132] As well as solar alignments, there are proposed lunar alignments. The four station stones mark out a rectangle. The short sides point towards the midsummer sunrise and midwinter sunset. The long sides if viewed towards the south-east, face the most southerly rising of the moon. Aveni notes these have never gained the acceptance which the claims solar alignments have.[133] Jacobs[134] noted the Heel Stone azimuth is one-seventh of circumference, matching the latitude of Avebury, while summer solstice sunrise azimuth is no longer equal to the construction era direction.

aleana said:
LQB said:

This brings up a good point - i have been discussing SOTT / Cass ideas with family and friends for years. However, no matter how much i read/study, when i attempt to explain things in depth or answer questions, it quickly becomes obvious that i have a loooong way to go - and it is very frustrating. I certainly came to understand why Gurdjieff refused to have his students discuss the Work outside the group.

I am much better with health/nutrition/diet issues and feel comfortable discussing those things. I learned much when my step-father had cancer - could not do anything once the medical establishment got hold - but we put up a valiant fight and learned much in the process and i think that knowledge is now helping other family/friends.

My mother lives in a "bumpkin, usa" and we do have a small community where she lives in the country. There are a few health stores, so there is some awareness of nutrition and i have also noticed a growth and interest in organic gardening as well. The town tends toward fundamentalism - but i do see some openness to new ideas. So... it will really help to have some more guidance in how to get the word out in the best way possible.
Yes - its very difficult to get resonance with many folk with the core material. My experience has been that you best serve by taking the time to see (grok) at what level the real power of existing/running programs kicks in. The idea of different levels of information is to begin where there is likely to be conscious receptivity/resonance (ie health, etc) - a seed, so to speak, that allows the individual to pick up the thread and make it their own in a way. These threads lead to one another and paint the bigger picture.

I see the same in the rural environment here - a growing awareness that "something" is wrong - creating an openness to some new ideas or ways of thinking. But the religious fundamentalism is strong - the "good" part of it is that the sense of community is strong. This would put the "religious program" information at a higher level in these communities - and not a good place to start. That's why my thinking is running along the lines of various levels of information that can be applied with vision.

LQB said:
Yes - its very difficult to get resonance with many folk with the core material.

What do you mean by the 'core material'? Do you mean the C's transcripts and such? If so, that's really not what we are trying to disseminate. The idea, as stated earlier, is to give people a way to deal with stress via the EE program and diet for increased health of the machine so they can begin to See and Hear.

lqb said:
My experience has been that you best serve by taking the time to see (grok) at what level the real power of existing/running programs kicks in. The idea of different levels of information is to begin where there is likely to be conscious receptivity/resonance (ie health, etc) - a seed, so to speak, that allows the individual to pick up the thread and make it their own in a way. These threads lead to one another and paint the bigger picture.

Yes, this is simple External Consideration.

lqb said:
I see the same in the rural environment here - a growing awareness that "something" is wrong - creating an openness to some new ideas or ways of thinking. But the religious fundamentalism is strong - the "good" part of it is that the sense of community is strong. This would put the "religious program" information at a higher level in these communities - and not a good place to start. That's why my thinking is running along the lines of various levels of information that can be applied with vision.

I don't think it needs to be that complicated, nor rely on 'vision', as you seem to be using the word (apologies if I'm misunderstanding you). Anyone who is at the level to disseminate this information should have a working grasp of External Consideration. We are keeping it simple - the EE program, diet and, if there is interest after that, then an introduction to the Fellowship - so I don't think we need to become overly bogged down in much other than that at this point. As things develop, the material concerning the Fellowship will as well - but for starters, a very simple and very useful point of focus is the EE program and the diet. If people never move past that, they (and the world) will still benefit hugely.

LQ8 said:
A key conscious concern that many rural folk have is an explanation of why so many of their family and friends are falling victim to chronic diseases - cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. A good health thread would grab the attention of many - one that explains food toxins, environmental toxins, detoxing, food choice, traditional foods vs processed foods, etc. A very concise discussion can be made of this thread with a few valuable references (such as Detoxify or Die). This thread naturally leads to the Ag thread. And the Ag thread leads to the medical thread. The medical thread leads to the corporate thread. And the corporate thread leads to the pathocracy thread. And the pathocracy thread leads to the psychopath thread, and now we are getting close to the trunk of the tree. So the threads are like branches that can extend into the real conscious concerns of folk and begin painting the bigger picture. It is, of course, up to the individual how far he/she takes the research, but we can lay a good part of the path down for them. Much of the material for these threads lies buried in the threads of this forum. It would take compiling, editing, and ensuring clear, concise treatment in the minimum volume (and the references are already there). In total, these threads would paint the bigger picture of our current true reality and lead right to the esoteric trunk of the tree. They would exist as digestible chunks, particularly at the lower levels where we are seeking connection to direct conscious concerns of folk. This is where this thinking is taking me.

I think it's important to keep in mind the illiteracy rates and the tradition of anti-intellectualism in the United States.
For some, the only source of reading that they choose is the newspaper - and newspapers are dying out in the U.S.

Having said that, people don't have to read to get information. People sense things, and they learn from their experiences. I think that many people, because they have not done well in school and haven't earned the credentials to get good jobs, have always had a sense of the real horror of the situation. Many are lulled to sleep by religion, but the hardships that many are undergoing now is a real motivation to wake up.

I think that many people know, but don't want to know because there isn't really much they can do to alter their diets either because they have few food choices in their communities, or because they have little income to spend on higher quality foods.

In New York City, there are several food coops starting up in low income neighborhoods. These neighborhoods have traditionally been reliant on the neighborhood bodegas which often sell processed foods. Supermarkets are often far away and costly to get to.

The people who post on this forum are exceptionally literate and well informed. It's really important, and externally considerate, to think about ways to reach people who haven't the skills, education, or resources that many of us on the forum have. Establishing food banks, community gardens, and literacy programs would address some of those needs.

moksha said:
still, the first thought of creating a 'church' gave me a bit of concern, seeing how such groups have been mostly used for selfish purposes and the founding members that once were honorable becoming corrupt. I'll be keenly watching how this unfolds,

We’re simply playing the PTB at their own legality game. I guess that for a lot of people, the word ‘church’ has many negative connotations, but we just have to detach ourselves from our conditioned responses to the word.

And, with Laura and Ark et al at the helm, not to mention the Cs, this project has a very very high probability of remaining uncorrupted.

mada85
I agree we do need to detach ourselves from the negative connotation associated with the word "church" and understand that this move is designed to protect all of us that are involved!

Thank you Laura and Team for the information! We appreciate all of your efforts!

anart said:
LQB said:
Yes - its very difficult to get resonance with many folk with the core material.

What do you mean by the 'core material'? Do you mean the C's transcripts and such? If so, that's really not what we are trying to disseminate. The idea, as stated earlier, is to give people a way to deal with stress via the EE program and diet for increased health of the machine so they can begin to See and Hear.
No - not the C's material. The esoteric material having more to do with the Work, the deeper reasons for why, etc. And I agree, EE program and health is the start.

lqb said:
My experience has been that you best serve by taking the time to see (grok) at what level the real power of existing/running programs kicks in. The idea of different levels of information is to begin where there is likely to be conscious receptivity/resonance (ie health, etc) - a seed, so to speak, that allows the individual to pick up the thread and make it their own in a way. These threads lead to one another and paint the bigger picture.

anart said:
Yes, this is simple External Consideration.
Where my thinking has gone is in the direction of a way to make the threads and key aspects of reality more easily available at the local level. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here and should just wait for developments.

lqb said:
anart said:
I don't think it needs to be that complicated, nor rely on 'vision', as you seem to be using the word (apologies if I'm misunderstanding you). Anyone who is at the level to disseminate this information should have a working grasp of External Consideration. We are keeping it simple - the EE program, diet and, if there is interest after that, then an introduction to the Fellowship - so I don't think we need to become overly bogged down in much other than that at this point. As things develop, the material concerning the Fellowship will as well - but for starters, a very simple and very useful point of focus is the EE program and the diet. If people never move past that, they (and the world) will still benefit hugely.
Yes vision = External Consideration, and I agree. Many will never move past but a large number might.

anart said:
E said:
Church?
Religion?
levels of membership?
Tithing?
Prayer?
virtual churches?
online church?
Elders?
higher level?

I think I’m in shock! Honesty is the best policy.

Hi E - believe it or not, this is not at all an unusual reaction. And, yes, honesty IS the best policy.

I think I need some time…or maybe a lot of time…

Take some time and read through Laura's posts here - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=14396.msg111593#msg111593

As you're reading it, try to remove the word 'church' from your mind and the equation. As a person who has a lot of negative baggage with the word church/religion (actually, I think the vast majority of people here have that baggage, if not worse) - I understand the negative connotation and triggers. So, the word 'church' leads to negative connotations on all the other words you listed too.

Stop for just a moment and consider that we are defining ALL of those words objectively and from the standpoint of our understanding, which - in most cases - is diametrically opposed to the general understanding and definitions. Also consider that, if we are to have a positive effect, the kind of positive effect that will make all this struggle and suffering worthwhile, we must work within the system of this world.

In other words, stop for a moment and look for the source of your shock - find where it's coming from and I think it likely that you'll find it has to do with past experience and not what is developing here. If this is so, it will be your task to separate the threads of the two and come to a conclusion based on the present and on Reality.

The only reason I think that this might be the case with your shock is because that is how it was with me as I first began to consider this idea, as well. fwiw.

Thank you anart! I too at first felt apprehension because of the word church, but when I looked at it logically I could see that this is for legal protection. Your words were very comforting thank you!

webglider said:
I think it's important to keep in mind the illiteracy rates and the tradition of anti-intellectualism in the United States.
For some, the only source of reading that they choose is the newspaper - and newspapers are dying out in the U.S.

Having said that, people don't have to read to get information. People sense things, and they learn from their experiences. I think that many people, because they have not done well in school and haven't earned the credentials to get good jobs, have always had a sense of the real horror of the situation. Many are lulled to sleep by religion, but the hardships that many are undergoing now is a real motivation to wake up.
Yes, this is what I am now seeing - even in this rural fundamentalist area.
webglider said:
I think that many people know, but don't want to know because there isn't really much they can do to alter their diets either because they have few food choices in their communities, or because they have little income to spend on higher quality foods.
At least in this area, there are sources for much better foods - I've had to do some serious local searching, and in doing so, found many locals are unaware of sources in their own region. And I think you are right - many are not willing to pay a premium for the better small farm-foods. But in many cases, it seems that they have not come to an understanding of the urgent need to do so. And there is a growing group that cannot afford the premium price.

Odyssey said:
Would being an ordained minister -just on paper for professional reasons of confidentiality- through Universal Life Church (http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=main) which is "non-denomonational" disqualify one for membership in the Fellowship?

I denounce it immediately. Does that make any difference? :halo:

I have been wondering about the above for a while as I being an ordained minister with both Universal Life Church and Universal Ministries for personal reasons (aligning with no particular beliefs but to formulate my aim in life: "to learn and to unlearn") for five years now.

Both are nondenominational churches, as they said, are not "denomination," as indicated for IRS guideline. One can be an ordained minister with a nondenominational church and be an ordain minister of another church, even a denominational church.

As IRS guidelines pointed out:

A membership not associated with any other church or denomination;

A "non-denomination" is not mentioned in the guideline.

So, I figure, to be on the safe side. I went ahead and denounce both churches. I haven't really used my ordination for anything, anyway.

LQB said:
At least in this area, there are sources for much better foods - I've had to do some serious local searching, and in doing so, found many locals are unaware of sources in their own region. And I think you are right - many are not willing to pay a premium for the better small farm-foods. But in many cases, it seems that they have not come to an understanding of the urgent need to do so. And there is a growing group that cannot afford the premium price.

I wonder if people in your area would be interested in starting a food coop. I belong to one, and I've seen it grow from just a few members to well over 10,000 active members - and that's not counting all the people who were members and dropped out.

If everyone comes together and buys in bulk, the prices go down. That's how our coop started - very small. Everyone put in an order, and then came in at a designated time to pick it up. Now, no one pre-orders, and people shop whenever they want as they would in a regular supermarket. Work shifts are required and only members can shop. In the beginning, it was very primitive and small, now, in addition to a place to buy food, it has also become a community center that offers childcare when members shop, workshops, cooking classes, lectures, movies, clothing swaps, classes in nutrition and health, dances etc. There is a shift that works in a community garden, and another that works in a soup kitchen. Every month there is a General Meeting, there are elections for certain positions, and there is a paid staff which receives a decent salary, health care, and pensions.

It's a good way to build community, keep prices down, and share information and skills. If you, or anyone else is interested I can follow up. Our coop has a mentoring program for communities that want to start their own Food Coops. If you or anyone else is interested, I can speak to the coordinators and PM the information to you if that's okay with the Moderators.

Back
Top Bottom