Libel and Defamation Against SOTT, Cass, LKJ, QFG, etc

voyageur said:
Gawan said:
This woman is unbelievable. Where did she learn to do (investigating) interviews, when they are loaded with assumptions/biases?

Good grief, unbelievable harassment. :rolleyes:

I guess she is personally infested in a way.

Parasitically, with personal religious invested dogmas, osit.

A typical French Authoritarian Follower : As soon as God is mentioned, aside from the official religions, an alarm is ringing.
And it gets worst with Divine Cosmic Mind, which can only but come from a weird Cult.
Holly Consciousness ? Are you kidding ?
Such an assumption might look like a dogma leading to extremism for these people, who usually see themselves as Civilization Protectors against Obscurantism...

Ekios said:
Gawan said:
This woman is unbelievable. Where did she learn to do (investigating) interviews, when they are loaded with assumptions/biases? I guess she is personally infested in a way.
I don't see why it is so surprising since this is the oldest and cheapest way to get from point A to point B in that profession : you just go fishing .

It just shows that she has nothing and she tries to scare some easily impressionable people in order to make them say something and then to pressure the hell out of them to put it on a paper. Of course during that process that "something" which have been said would then evolve considerably and become something very useful in the way of what the cop wanted to hear it in the first place.

Sadly, this is just the oldest fashion way to make someone say what you want in order to get what or where you want ...

edit : typo .. omg ..

I agree. This is typical fishing expedition with a stick. Unfortunately many will fall to it and confabulate, gossip and co opt. This type of coopting reminds me "Dead poets Society" story.

She won't let this go until either she has been told to let it go or she becomes focused on something more important. While it is possible that the POTS is so powerful that TPTB are focusing on it, it is also possible that she has assumed it is not Christian and therefore anti-Christian. As well, since her head was already primed with ideas of cult brainwashing and space aliens, she is seeing it through a filter that might make it seem like prayers are being directed to an alien or something bizarre like that.

To be honest, growing up in the 70s, I got to see a lot of Hippies and new age types using terms that used the word "cosmic" a lot. To some, cosmic mind might seem a little hippie-dippy, woo-woo esoteric (for lack of a more precise term). When the church was first created and named Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind, my first reaction was negative, as it evoked memories of the pseudo-spiritualism and disposable constructs of the earlier new age movement. Those who are older and saw the movement grow in the 60s might see it differently, but by the mid-70s, such terminology became as contrived as the marketing term "space age".

There's not a lot of distance between cosmic and aliens in the minds of those who know little about either, osit.

Gonzo

Gonzo said:
She won't let this go until either she has been told to let it go or she becomes focused on something more important. While it is possible that the POTS is so powerful that TPTB are focusing on it, it is also possible that she has assumed it is not Christian and therefore anti-Christian. As well, since her head was already primed with ideas of cult brainwashing and space aliens, she is seeing it through a filter that might make it seem like prayers are being directed to an alien or something bizarre like that.

To be honest, growing up in the 70s, I got to see a lot of Hippies and new age types using terms that used the word "cosmic" a lot. To some, cosmic mind might seem a little hippie-dippy, woo-woo esoteric (for lack of a more precise term). When the church was first created and named Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind, my first reaction was negative, as it evoked memories of the pseudo-spiritualism and disposable constructs of the earlier new age movement. Those who are older and saw the movement grow in the 60s might see it differently, but by the mid-70s, such terminology became as contrived as the marketing term "space age".

There's not a lot of distance between cosmic and aliens in the minds of those who know little about either, osit.

Gonzo

It is no different, in tone, intent or design than the Inquisition. She was looking for a 'denouncement' and didn't get it...

anart said:
It is no different, in tone, intent or design than the Inquisition. She was looking for a 'denouncement' and didn't get it...

That's what our French attorney said: "Inquisition." He was shocked,

Ailén said:
I. (our student): Hello?
Cockroach: Hi, I'm Captain Cockroach from the Police Judiciare. Do you do some research on all the people you welcome at your center before accepting them?
I.: Sure. In fact, sometimes I refuse some people.
Cockroach: Then, why didn't you refuse the Éiriú Eolas team?
I. What do you mean?
Cockroach: Well, you may not have noticed, but they are obviously a CULT!
I.: Not to my knowledge.
Cockroach: What do you know about them?
I.: They are cool people, they teach a relaxation program, and in fact, I attend their classes regularly and it helps me cope with stress. They charge peanuts for their classes, back up what they say with science, everyone is totally free to attend or not, etc. I don't see any weird behavior in them.
Cockroach: So, you've heard the Prayer of the Soul, right?
I.: Right
Cockroach: Have you realized what it says?
I.: Not in particular, just a few affirmations.
Cockroach: Are you able to recite it by heart?
I.: No, I haven't learned it that well. I just listen to it.
Cockroach: OK, then, I will read it to you out loud.
I. (getting more and more surprised): OK.

Cockroack reads the POTS.

Cockroach: So, don't you find anything weird in it?
I.: No.
Cockroach: What does it remind you of?

I. at this point gets afraid, and doesn't dare to say that it reminds her of the Lord's Prayer, in case Cockroach takes it badly.

I. Hmm. nothing in particular.

Cockroach just "warns" I. a bit more (I. couldn't remember much more). I. thanks Cockroach for warning her (that wasn't the best attitude, for sure, but I. explained to us that she tried to get rid of Cockroach because she was afraid that the police would show up at her center and bother people), and that's the end.

The above behavior of "la cucaracha" reminds me of Castaneda: "The predators' mind is baroque, contradictory, morose..."
What is obvious: she's throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what will stick.

Gonzo said:

Gonzo

I deeply agree with you. I'm born in 1980 and in the first place, the very first time I read that "name" of the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind ... I had a "no no" reaction. A disappointed one actually, like "oh what the hell about that name, their whole work is so precise, so scientific, it is so important and then they use a name like that ? Everybody will take them for some hippies !!"

anart said:
Yes but it got close, I hope she won't get luckier with the time :/

Laura said:
anart said:

That's what our French attorney said: "Inquisition." He was shocked,
Again, I'm surprised that people can be "shocked" about that (dirty) method, this is what they do when they don't get what they want ! It is "always" like that when some zealous (crazy ?) cops think they are on something.

Thank god you ain't near Marseille or Paris, otherwise it could have been already quite worse :/

Ailén said:
I am SO irritated by this!! How is it posssible that the PJ is authorized to do this, to put a fundie Christian in charge, to bug people like this??? GRRR...

As soon as I read your question, your siggy popped out at me as if to suggest at least a possible answer: "fundie Christian in charge" is "living" her religion, as pathological as it may be.

In case it's worth anything, I could also add a few thoughts:

Having been exposed to much emotional manipulation myself, I saw the conversation exchange as standard 2-part bullying, where 1st part was all that was necessary to use. First part has 2 parts, though, and in this case we have "Rumor" as vehicle and Accusation (Cult) as payload.

Normally, my response to "rumor" is to mention how my life experience shows that bullys, out of pure meanness, will use rumor as a way of attacking and hurting someone whether or not there is any evidence that the victim has done anything wrong. In fact, 'rumor' is the lazy man's way to bullying since Mr. or Mrs. Bully has to spend no effort at all proving anything.

As a general rule, anyone who asks me anything while using the word "cult" will be met with my observation that everyone I ask seems to have a different definition of what it means. I refuse to be drawn in to their yes/no dialectic, or logical argumentation based on legal definitions and such because I will not win. But neither do I avoid discussion.

For example, my next remark may ask a question like: "so what are some similarities between the EE group (or whoever) and the cults we know about?" Since I already know that there won't be anything destructive or self-destructive in common with "cults", anything they do mention will be under the heading of "Good" and can be handled pretty easily. For example, the "prayer" thing: "What's the big deal? Anyone who can see what shape the world is in today would probably admit that humanity could use a lot more spirituality right now, don't you agree?"

Besides, as long as our Work is backed by science, we have an advantage--even with fundies. Being questioned by a fundie, we might mention that "we who are 'religious' should think twice before disparaging science, for in many ways their work is a work of great faith."

As Albert Einstein once said, "the serious scientific workers are the only profoundly religious people."
_http://humanities.byu.edu/rhetoric/Canons/Invention/TOPICS%20OF%20INVENTION/Testimony.htm#authorities

Other than that, according to Aristotle and Cicero, whenever one is in the spotlight, one needs to establish their "Ethos" asap. To do that, Aristotle claimed that one simply needs to be both knowledgeable about one's subject and benevolent.

And we are indeed all about that!

I came across this website and post it here just in case it wasn't mentioned before:

_http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Laura_Knight_Jadczyk#Legal_troubles_and_more_2012

Pashalis said:
I came across this website and post it here just in case it wasn't mentioned before:

:jawdrop: That's a Rational Wiki? That is possibly the most unprofessional, least informed, biased, assuming, lexically challenged "wiki" I have ever read. And I would say that even if I had never heard of Laura and Ark. Fer Gawd's sake!

Buddy said:
Pashalis said:

:jawdrop: That's a Rational Wiki? That is possibly the most unprofessional, least informed, biased, assuming, lexically challenged "wiki" I have ever read. And I would say that even if I had never heard of Laura and Ark. Fer Gawd's sake!

Indeed what a load of drivel

Buddy said:

It's owned by a guy named Trent Toulouse who fancies himself a "Scientist"

He's had a hysterically funny "battle" with an equally nutty group "Conservaleaks" and they dox'ed him pretty well..which I appreciated as it saved me a lot of time. :lol:

_http://cp.noym.net/84646ba226a960e1

I did a little digging into Toulouse, and imo, he'll do anything for attention. He wants to be famous soooo bad...yawl know the sort.

Guardian said:
I did a little digging into Toulouse, and imo, he'll do anything for attention. He wants to be famous soooo bad...yawl know the sort.

I figured something like that. There's more of his 'fool personality' showing than facts and sound reason. Thanks!

Buddy said:
Pashalis said:

of course any body can create their own wiki, but that takes time and energy. but this character has both to write this.he should have put it as irrational wiki

seek10 said:
he should have put it as irrational wiki

That was my first inference upon reading just a little bit of that page. Most people provide links to support their statements. This dude builds his whole wiki around the linked material to which he reacted negatively. A bit backwards, I'd say.

Anyway...geez! I imagine Yoda shaking his head and going: "Hmmm. Much prejudice in that one."

Back
Top Bottom