What's the weather where you are?

Avala said:
I also noticed the smell in two cities in which I live. There is some strange garbage like smell all around. Something symbolic :) (or maybe it is just me :huh: )

Now that you mentioned it, I did notice some strange "garbage like" smell in one part of the Belgrade. I was walking down the street and the smell was all around. First I thought that it's because of the dumpsters nearby, but the same smell was still around me even when I was far away from them. I am in that neighbourhood very often and I never smelled something like that. And I know how dumpsters usually smell like and this smell was different than that.

Was at a wildfire last night in Southern BC, quickly growing to > 600 ha. Temps mid thirties Celsius with RH (relative humidity) 15%. Cause was multiple lightning strikes (multiple fires), with post strike fire resulting in fuels nearing 100% ignition upon impact.

Here is a handy "lightning map" updated ever 10 minutes covering Canada and some of the U.S. states.

_http://weather.gc.ca/lightning/index_e.html

Canadian Lightning Danger Map - Canada

The Canadian Lightning Danger Map (CLDM) represents areas at greatest risk of being struck by lightning in the next 10 minutes. Times are expressed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The interval between maps is 10 minutes. Please re-fresh your browser to ensure you have the latest map. Learn more about the Canadian Lightning Danger Map.

Avala said:
Belgrade, Serbia, rainfall with thunders last evening (the left overs from Croatian super strom :) ) but nothing too much or too strange. Photos stolen from friend's facebook profile. Thunder over the city of Kragujevac.

_https://www.facebook.com/aleksandar.dunkic?fref=ts

Beside that, the weather in the last days are more or less usual for this period of the year. Maybe some colder than previous years. BUT, there is more rain and especially much more thunders and lightnings, even without any rain.

I also noticed the smell in two cities in which I live. There is some strange garbage like smell all around. Something symbolic :) (or maybe it is just me :huh: )

Persej said:
Avala said:

Now that you mentioned it, I did notice some strange "garbage like" smell in one part of the Belgrade. I was walking down the street and the smell was all around. First I thought that it's because of the dumpsters nearby, but the same smell was still around me even when I was far away from them. I am in that neighbourhood very often and I never smelled something like that. And I know how dumpsters usually smell like and this smell was different than that.

I'd say that's not a good sign... possible outgassing.

And that "rhombus-shaped cloud" is probably NOT a cloud. A bit of 4D bleedthrough I'd say.

Laura said:
Persej said:

And that "rhombus-shaped cloud" is probably NOT a cloud. A bit of 4D bleedthrough I'd say.

The same happened in Oxford, UK too.
http://www.sott.net/article/282974-Yet-another-case-of-possible-outgassing-Mystery-of-the-bad-smell-floating-around-Oxford

Keit said:
Laura said:
Persej said:

The same happened in Oxford, UK too.
http://www.sott.net/article/282974-Yet-another-case-of-possible-outgassing-Mystery-of-the-bad-smell-floating-around-Oxford

Thanks for the link, Keit. It's interesting that this Oxford phenomenon:

The mystery odour, described by some as like "cheesy wotsits", "sick" or just "awful" started on Monday night and continued into Tuesday.

started one day after the Norfolk phenomenon:

A bright green light "travelling faster than any plane" was seen in the sky above Norfolk at 11pm on Sunday night.

Also, on 29-30 July one could observe the peak of Delta Aquarids meteor shower. So, these two phenomena (gas emission and a green fireball) both happened in England within 24 hours and during the meteor shower.

It reminds me of a little bit of Camelopardalis meteor shower starting May 23, 2014 followed by May 24, 2014 earthquakes all over the globe.

"cheesy wotsits" and "sick" would be the exact words. My girlfriend explain me that also is the smell from decomposing made by milk bacteria Lactobacillis (hard to translate to english) I'm not sure for the outgassing because it is very organic smell. But also, for the places where I smell it in Belgrade I'm not sure is there gas pipelines, but in Smederevska Palanka THERE IS gas pipelines everywhere and very near the surface (because it is the lines for the individual households).

And for more weather show :D I just witnessed something very interesting. It is total cloud overcast here, 22 degrees Celsius, it is raining now, but before the rain started (some 15 minute ago) there was some high altitude thunders, my desk faces the window and I saw that something is falling, but very lightly, not as rain does. I approached the window and managed to see some of it on the window ledge (it is made of marble stone and usually colder than the air). It was very tiny particles of ice, almost in snow flake shape, but much much smaller :) Some moment after that the real light rain started. In the beginning of the august, the hottest month in the year here . . .

Avala said:
"cheesy wotsits" and "sick" would be the exact words. My girlfriend explain me that also is the smell from decomposing made by milk bacteria Lactobacillis (hard to translate to english) I'm not sure for the outgassing because it is very organic smell. But also, for the places where I smell it in Belgrade I'm not sure is there gas pipelines, but in Smederevska Palanka THERE IS gas pipelines everywhere and very near the surface (because it is the lines for the individual households). .

The outgassing that Laura is talking about has nothing to do with gas pipelines, but with the natural gas (methane) within the earth, itself. It has to do with the earth opening up that the Cs have been talking about for some time now, and the methane seeping up and out of the ground.

Nienna said:
The outgassing that Laura is talking about has nothing to do with gas pipelines, but with the natural gas (methane) within the earth, itself. It has to do with the earth opening up that the Cs have been talking about for some time now, and the methane seeping up and out of the ground.

You know what, that might be the cause of what's happening here. In the last two years there were complaints from citizens of Belgrade and nearby city of Pančevo about strange smells. The officials never found the cause of it, but they did gave a plenty of explanations which non of the citizens or news reporter could verify. Sometime they would say that smell comes from the manure on the couple of kilometers distant farms, but when news reporters came there they could smell nothing. And I know how manure smells because I can smell all kind of it every time I go to my village, and what I felt is not manure of any kind of domestic animal. And if the smell comes from some factory then people around that factory would be most affected, which is not the case.

_http://www.blic.rs/Vesti/Beograd/392361/Zavod-za-javno-zdravlje-Smrad-na-Dorcolu-uobicajena-letnja-pojava
_http://ww.novosti.co.rs/vesti/beograd.74.html:390988-Smrad-balege-u-Beogradu
_http://rtvpancevo.rs/Vesti/Ekologija/smrdi-negde-izmeu-beograda-i-paneva.html
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHbHHAi9uA

In the last time i noticed also some strange smell when i was walking the in the center of the City. Its About Gostivar - Macedonia.. Its a smell like sewage. But not just at one place. All downtown have that bad smell. I dont thing its a sewage. There is no leaks on the streets. Usually when sewage is clogged there are even small leaks on the streets. Not this time. And smell is little different. Maybe some small outgassing.

Another strange thing is failures on water pipes. This summer there was a lot of water pipes defects. Its not a coincidence. Authorities says its because of the old pipe infrastructure. Yes , maybe its old but why so many defects. My opinion is that its because soil is moving and in that soil movement , pipes breaks, and water is leaking. We see similar examples with sink holes opening all around the world.

This is one of the coldest summer i ever remember. There are some days when its hot but after such a hot days there is period of cold days. In the evening temperature drops down to 15 Degrees Celsius. This time of the year it should be around 20-25 at night and 30-40 during day. Also very heavy clouds when its reining and it is raining a lot this year. Clouds are very low like its a middle of the winter when clouds are much lower. Very strange weather patterns , not usual fro this place at this time of the year. I can definitely feel the earth changes here

Today we had another tornado in Istanbul :scared: This is the 2nd time this summer that we saw a tornado in Istanbul. There are no tornados in history of Istanbul (we had another one 2 years ago).

Video in the link http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/26930497.asp

Also Taksim, Istanbul after heavy rain

http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/26930931.asp

We are having a very hot summer, with some days/hours of heavy rain and flash floods each time, which is unusual for Istanbul.

These 2 videos are from a few weeks ago. The first one shows flooding in Üsküdar (near Bosphorus). Interesting that in the first one at 1:35 a girl makes a 2012 remark. I can't completely understand but she says something like "this is related to 2012".

http://video.sozcu.com.tr/2014/video/haber/uskudar-meydani-yine-sular-altinda.html

http://www.cnnturk.com/video/turkiye/uskudar-meydani-yine-sular-altinda

Sinkhole opened up and swallowed a sign in upstate SC.

1406906004000-sink-001.JPG

_http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26168077/sinkhole-closes-greenville-co-artery

They are blaming it on the rain. We received 4 inches...but it's rained hard here before and that has never happened. Nice try fox news. :cool2:

Konstantin said:
Another strange thing is failures on water pipes. This summer there was a lot of water pipes defects. Its not a coincidence. Authorities says its because of the old pipe infrastructure. Yes , maybe its old but why so many defects. My opinion is that its because soil is moving and in that soil movement , pipes breaks, and water is leaking. We see similar examples with sink holes opening all around the world.

Same here. Lots of water pipes defects and small sinkholes. They are not big enough to get on the news but I can see them everywhere.

Very strange weather patterns , not usual fro this place at this time of the year. I can definitely feel the earth changes here

Yes. We didn't had so much rain in July since 1999, after the bombing, when the weather was very unusual with lots of rain and super loud thunders. And this year it's happening again.

With all this talk of sinkholes and the Earth opening up, and bad smells etc., has anyone given any thought to the possibility that there may some 'Fracking' going on in the neighbourhood?
Fracking is the pumping of water at high pressures into underground cracks etc in order to push up the oil and gas that may be down there. I believe this may be what caused the blowout of that oil well in the Gulf.
And for all you people in the northern hemisphere enjoying your summer, when I got up this morning it was minus two degrees Celsius. Fairly normal for this time of year in Canberra, but at least there's no snow.

MusicMan said:
With all this talk of sinkholes and the Earth opening up, and bad smells etc., has anyone given any thought to the possibility that there may some 'Fracking' going on in the neighbourhood?
Fracking is the pumping of water at high pressures into underground cracks etc in order to push up the oil and gas that may be down there. I believe this may be what caused the blowout of that oil well in the Gulf.

Yes, fracking greatly contributes to landscape changes, including sinkholes, along with other factors. You may wish to read a new article about the latest research by Simon Fraser University (Canada) on this subject: Scientists warn time to stop drilling in the dark. Here is the report itself. I read it on the Russian news yesterday, fwiw.

Persej said:
Same here. Lots of water pipes defects and small sinkholes. They are not big enough to get on the news but I can see them everywhere.

Same here, in Russia. Yesterday another sinkhole opened up in the center of Moscow. It was rather small (1,5 meters wide and 2 meters deep), so it's only on the Russian news. But it did paralyzed the traffic in the city center for several hours.

Back
Top Bottom