does superpower / magic (like in the movies or games) exist somewhere else ?

dinkot

The Force is Strong With This One
how I often really wish that those UNLIMITED / LIMITLESS possibilities and 'universe' in the movies & video games were real, ie: those 'cool' superpowers, magic abilities like in Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and I literally mean it: the literal magic. not just some metaphors again !

because this reality / real life / real world is so boring, mundane, pathetic, that almost everything only revolves around money & how to make money (or profits...blah!) , the "suit and ties" world ! how BORING is that !

does superheroes exist perhaps in parallel universe / dimension ?

or ... everything simply only exists in the human's Imaginations (brain) only ? ...

Hello dinkot,

I am not sure if you remember that you already asked such kind of questions before ?

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14103.msg458694.html#msg458694

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,33199.msg457121.html#msg457121

It's nice to dream but it's also important to be grounded in reality as to able to navigate your daily life to the best of your abilities.

Hi Dinkot,

Can I ask how many of the recommended books you have read?
I think those might help clear up some of the questions you have, especially Laura's, the psychology books and the Fourth way material.

You can find the list here: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,33092.0.html

Have you heard about "Clarke's three laws"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke's_three_laws said:
Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:

When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

So, you can have "literal magic" when you have technology, which is developed by knowledge, which you get by learning. But I guess, once you have that technology, it is not so 'magical' any more. Think about video calls via Skype. People just 500 years ago would probably have called this "magic". But today, it is so common that it is almost "boring".

If you feel bored with life, find what you are excited or passionate about. What is it that you enjoy the most? Allow yourself to feel this joy and excitement and then DO whatever it is that you feel excited about.

On a deeper level, there is magic - we need to get unstuck, deprogram ourselves, heal our emotional wounding in order to start experiencing more and more of real-life magic.

I think they do exist. But it does not help me or you necesarilly to do something about it. There are rules of perception that can be bent, giving the impression that one just saw real magic, or superpowers. In order to attain what you are talking about, one needs to conquer his attention. To make use of something so unused nowadays, you need a different quality of energy, and you need to be a master of frequency.

But the first step in this is to realize that to do magic is to be master of nature's laws. Until you don't realize(and become aware) even how many times a day you scratch your head or bite your lip(habits), then nature has you under the other river, the river of sleep.

I would say that the very nature of being aware and sensing, feeling and thinking as a phenomen is incredible, we do that all the time but how it occurs is not something we're likely to crack, but learning about it is a source of continually discovery. For lack of a better description, I'd say that's magical. Its amazing how life works and interactes, even physical nature (including our bodies and brains) not to mention what's non-physical and how the two connect and influence each other. All that for me, when I reflect on it is what's in front of our eyes everyday but we see it as normal or boring but if you approach it from the standpoint of knowledge, it's far from those things.

But on the contrary, while fiction is imaginative and superhuman feats points to the incredible nature of reality as it is, there's something of a broken lens view of things that to be frank works for the current suppressive power structures that we live under. There's a flavour of an elite class of humans that are endowed with a right to rule over others that not only indoctrinates us to accept our self appointed rulers who behave and fancy themselves as "gods", but at the same time we are left with a sense of lack, that in order to be fulfilled we should take a prescribed route somebody else's idea of "magic" as illusion - sold to us in a mass PR campaign type of way. I mean although I like them, why would it be useful to be inundated with so many super hero blockbusters? Especially when part of the end result is we feel bored and lacklustre and that's how our power is given over to those who seek to leech of it. Apologies for the flamboyant imagery but that's my take on it if it helps.

alkhemst said:
I mean although I like them, why would it be useful to be inundated with so many super hero blockbusters? Especially when part of the end result is we feel bored and lacklustre and that's how our power is given over to those who seek to leech of it. Apologies for the flamboyant imagery but that's my take on it if it helps.

I think it might also be the other way around - the popularity of superhero movies may stem from the fact that people sense that there is more to life and want to experience it in some way. There might be ulterior motives as well, but I think in this case it simply comes down to what Hollywood can make money with, which is in turn based on what people would like to see.

axj said:
alkhemst said:
I mean although I like them, why would it be useful to be inundated with so many super hero blockbusters? Especially when part of the end result is we feel bored and lacklustre and that's how our power is given over to those who seek to leech of it. Apologies for the flamboyant imagery but that's my take on it if it helps.

I think it might also be the other way around - the popularity of superhero movies may stem from the fact that people sense that there is more to life and want to experience it in some way. There might be ulterior motives as well, but I think in this case it simply comes down to what Hollywood can make money with, which is in turn based on what people would like to see.

see the bolded words in the quote above.

this is exactly also my thoughts. thanks @axj for pointing it out & sharing similar thoughts.

and I am not talking about the -pardon my language but I'll be very honest & blunt here- "cheap rationalization" such as the 'metaphorical' superpower / magic such as:

- able to feel others' energies
- able to be empathic
- able to love almost everyone (this one I actually just saw in one of those so-called "New-Agey / Spiritual / Truth-ers" Facebook posts.. I disgress!)

sorry, but those 3 above are still the 'usual standard human' things, NOT superpower / magical enough, again, like those in the movies, novels, books, games, animations, basically human's IMAGINATIONS / fantasy (or Art) !

so, given this fact,
shouldn't any of us here think one step further by thinking/pondering deeper: "if human's Imagination could produce such UNLIMITED/LIMITLESS universes/worlds/magic/superpowers/superheroes , then for what PURPOSE does it exist?.. surely, every creation must have its own Purpose,.. isn't it not?

edgitarra said:
But the first step in this is to realize that to do magic is to be master of nature's laws. Until you don't realize(and become aware) even how many times a day you scratch your head or bite your lip(habits), then nature has you under the other river, the river of sleep.

In the 4th density we will be capable of doing things we cannot presently comprehend. Imagine if you were suddenly granted superpowers right now. Would you be able to control them? A fleeting thought of which you are not consciously aware could easily cause great harm and disastrous consequences.

dinkot said:
so, given this fact,
shouldn't any of us here think one step further by thinking/pondering deeper: "if human's Imagination could produce such UNLIMITED/LIMITLESS universes/worlds/magic/superpowers/superheroes , then for what PURPOSE does it exist?.. surely, every creation must have its own Purpose,.. isn't it not?

Human imagination is not bound by what we only see, feel or touch, and although it seems unconstrained, it has its limits as well because we cannot think of something unthinkable...not sure I am clear on that one :)

The problem I see is that you can get lost in those imaginary worlds and not be able to deal with your day to day life and slowly erase yourself from reality. It's ok to have a bit of fantasy now and then, most everyone needs it.

Thus said, I am not quite sure what you expect from the forum as you mainly have been asking the same question in different posts ?

dinkot said:
how I often really wish that those UNLIMITED / LIMITLESS possibilities and 'universe' in the movies & video games were real, ie: those 'cool' superpowers, magic abilities like in Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and I literally mean it: the literal magic. not just some metaphors again !

because this reality / real life / real world is so boring, mundane, pathetic, that almost everything only revolves around money & how to make money (or profits...blah!) , the "suit and ties" world ! how BORING is that !

does superheroes exist perhaps in parallel universe / dimension ?

or ... everything simply only exists in the human's Imaginations (brain) only ? ...
dinkot said:
Hi everyone, I'm a 'beginner' truthseeker (& Starseed) from Indonesia. I do hope to learn more Deeper & REAL Truths from this board.

Especially I am always very curious about: where is human's IMAGINATION really come from?.. especially the 'artist/creative' Type's super-vivid Imaginations even 'other-worldly' Imaginations such as novels, movies like Harry Potter, Narnia, etc etc?.. surely they can't just simply come from the physical brain (as those scientists often said), right?..

hope I can learn more & Deeper Truths from this board about our 'mysterious' Existence & Everything!

thank you
-regards from a 'beginner' truthseeker (& Starseed) from Indonesia-

Hello again, dinkot. If you don't mind, I'll reply in a context which includes your other posts on the same subject area.

First, I'm wondering if all these questions really have a personal connection to you, or are you really just wanting to know why contents of your own imagination are more vivid and different from many people you know?

It doesn't surprise me that a creative person who strongly feels that society is so boring and pathetic would have an active imagination. That energy has to go somewhere. Could imagination be sort of like a protective mechanism for such a case? You wouldn't want to explode would you?

If you insist that your questions be taken in a more serious sense, then, as I have managed to do a lot of additional reading and studying after my last post to you, I can offer you this:

To the extent I can fathom it, human intellect currently appears finite and to go out of its depth on two noticeable occasions. That is, first, we seem unable to conceive of an absolute beginning to something in existence because as soon as we try, our mind comes up with nonsense like "well, what happened before that, or what was there before that, or whatever."

Additionally, we appear unable to conceive of infinity, except as a conceptual 'notion', because as soon as we try, our mind wants to 'stop' at some point so as to complete a conceptual circle so we can label it "infinity" and communicate it to others. But any such communicable notion of this sort would, itself, be limited and therefore unsatisfactory for that particular job, no?

So, I'm thinking that, currently, there may be only tentative, uncertain guesses to serve as answers for you, if that.

Since you appear to be struggling with this issue and you did ask if there were pointers to any gnostic works, or whatever, I would say I've studied various gnosis and have yet to run across 'imagination' addressed this way.

I believe that gnostics tend towards a foundation that recognizes we simply don't really know how it is that anything at all exists. Our cognitive and perceptual apparatus only penetrates so far. Plus, it seems we can build walls with beliefs and ways of thinking that can further narrow our perceptions and discernment. A route to gnostic individualism and a 'unified I' in Fourth Way psychology requires we personally struggle to identify and remove whatever personal limitations we can with a major goal of "seeing for oneself" and owning our own knowledge.

To help us get better acquainted with ourselves in order to get closer to answers we seek, there are many different ways to demonstrate our various limitations in many contexts and Laura covers much of that in the Wave Series. Did you say whether or not you've read it? Apologies if you did say and I missed it.

Finally, is this dialog an acceptable "purpose" for human imagination, i.e., to ask questions, explore possibilities within a knowledge framework of knowns and unknowns towards evolutionarily assessing better for all? Discover! Our human journey is a fascinating one, IMO.

dinkot said:
axj said:
alkhemst said:

see the bolded words in the quote above.

this is exactly also my thoughts. thanks @axj for pointing it out & sharing similar thoughts.

and I am not talking about the -pardon my language but I'll be very honest & blunt here- "cheap rationalization" such as the 'metaphorical' superpower / magic such as:

- able to feel others' energies
- able to be empathic
- able to love almost everyone (this one I actually just saw in one of those so-called "New-Agey / Spiritual / Truth-ers" Facebook posts.. I disgress!)

sorry, but those 3 above are still the 'usual standard human' things, NOT superpower / magical enough, again, like those in the movies, novels, books, games, animations, basically human's IMAGINATIONS / fantasy (or Art) !

so, given this fact,

Hi Dinkot,

Maybe it can help you to see it this way:

I think what you are really after are the feelings you would have if all these magical and superhuman powers were real. Would you feel excited, have fun, enjoy yourself?

You can have all this and more by doing the Work as described here - do the healing, remove the limiting beliefs, programs and old patterns on all levels (mental, emotional and physical/actions).

Your experience of the world changes completely the more you connect to the unlimited and magical part deep within yourself. That is much more fulfilling than even if superhero powers were real. Some of them indeed exist, but they are more of a by-product of doing the growth work.

[quote author=dinkot]
shouldn't any of us here think one step further by thinking/pondering deeper: "if human's Imagination could produce such UNLIMITED/LIMITLESS universes/worlds/magic/superpowers/superheroes , then for what PURPOSE does it exist?..
[/quote]

Imagination serves some useful and mostly not so useful purposes - if the aim is to wake up that is. Here is a relevant story.

[quote author=ISOTM]
"But there are a thousand things which prevent a man from awakening, which keep him in the power of his dreams. In order to act consciously with the intention of awakening, it is necessary to know the nature of the forces which keep man in a state of sleep.

"First of all it must be realized that the sleep in which man exists is not normal but hypnotic sleep. Man is hypnotized and this hypnotic state is continually maintained and strengthened in him. One would think that there are forces for whom it is useful and profitable to keep man in a hypnotic state and prevent him from seeing the truth and understanding his position.

"There is an Eastern tale which speaks about a very rich magician who had a great many sheep. But at the same time this magician was very mean. He did not want to hire shepherds, nor did he want to erect a fence about the pasture where his sheep were grazing. The sheep consequently often wandered into the forest, fell into ravines, and so on, and above all they ran away, for they knew that the magician wanted their flesh and skins and this they did not like.

"At last the magician found a remedy. He hypnotized his sheep and suggested to them first of all that they were immortal and that no harm was being done to them when they were skinned, that, on the contrary, it would be very good for them and even pleasant; secondly he suggested that the magician was a good master who loved his flock so much that he was ready to do anything in the world for them; and in the third place he suggested to them that if anything at all were going to happen to them it was not going to happen just then, at any rate not that day, and therefore they had no need to think about it. Further the magician suggested to his sheep that they were not sheep at all; to some of them he suggested that they were lions, to others that they were eagles, to others that they were men, and to others that they were magicians.

"And after this all his cares and worries about the sheep came to an end. They never ran away again but quietly awaited the time when the magician would require their flesh and skins.

"This tale is a very good illustration of man's position.
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom