Smoking is... good?

Thank you very much Gaby! I will do everything you suggest.

For me, I think the e-cigarette was the biggest mistake I ever made. and I wouldn't recommend it for anyone (well maybe Dick Cheney and his ilk :cool2:).

The e-cigarette almost killed my baby in the womb (maybe I exaggerate), as the wife started smoking them at about 2-3 months pregnant for about 2 weeks. Funnily enough my mother had a dream that she was putting a little me on my shoulder and the baby was saying 'Please help me' ; she only told me the next afternoon, however meanwhile the next morning we were driving somewhere and I had to pull over for her to puke and she was feeling ill and pale, and i got a fright and was like "No more e-cigs!"; then my mom tells me her dream when we got home and I was like "No way!" .... so no evidence but I still have a strong feeling the baby was in real danger.

No more e-cigs for anyone anymore, and they weren't cheap either - *sigh*

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/smoking-in-vehicles

Incase any UK members missed it:

As of today, it is now illegal to smoke in a vehicle if accompanied by someone under the age of 18 in England and Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34402622 :

''A law banning smoking in vehicles carrying children has come into force in England and Wales.
Drivers and passengers who break the law could face a penalty fine of £50 - but police say they will take a non-confrontational approach initially.
Whenever an under-18 is in the car, smokers will still be liable even if the windows are down or sunroof open.''

Huxley said:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/smoking-in-vehicles

Incase any UK members missed it:

As of today, it is now illegal to smoke in a vehicle if accompanied by someone under the age of 18 in England and Wales.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34402622 :

''A law banning smoking in vehicles carrying children has come into force in England and Wales.
Drivers and passengers who break the law could face a penalty fine of £50 - but police say they will take a non-confrontational approach initially.
Whenever an under-18 is in the car, smokers will still be liable even if the windows are down or sunroof open.''
Something else for authoritarian followers to report their neighbours for. They'll have signs on bus stops with a hotline.

Many cigarettes contain radioactive polonium from the use of phosphate/apatite fertilizers. The National Institutes of Health lists tobacco as by far the largest source of radiation for the American public.

A common argument for organic cigarettes is that they don't contain as much radioactive material, and are therefore much safer:

Surprisingly, radiation seems to be the most dangerous and important factor behind tobacco lung damage. ... The unnecessary radiation delivered from soil-damaging, synthetic chemical fertilizers can easily be reduced through the use of alternative phosphate sources including organic fertilizers. ... Tobacco smokers can also use this information to avoid radioactive brands of tobacco. American Spirit is one of a few companies that offers an organic line of cigarettes, and organic cigars are also available from a few companies.

The best thing about organic cigs is the fact that they aren’t allowed to use radioactive fertilizer. This means that you won’t get a large dose of radiation like regular cigs. ... Actually smoking organic cigarettes is MUCH better than smoking commercial american grown cigarettes. American tobacco growers use phosphate fertilizers that are tainted with radioactive Polonium and Lead. The metals get stuck in bifurcations in our lungs which results in large amounts of ionizing radiation. This radiation causes about 97% of all lung cancers. Organically grown tobacco makes no use of contaminated fertilizer and hence you are ALOT LESS LIKELY to get cancer from smoking. ... Get all the chemicals out and the radioactive fertilizers and you have the same stuff or close to what the american indians were smoking and they had NO cancer.

Radiation comes from commercial tobacco because it is grown with radioactive fertilizers that leave Polonium 210 and Lead 210 concentrated in the tobacco. This is the major cause of cancer. Organic tobacco lacks these radioactive carcinogens, (yes it contains dozens of other carcinogens so it is not safe) but those dozens of other carcinogens only cause 10% of tobacco’s cancerous effects.

My new job means that we congregate in a partially enclosed 'bus stop' kinda shelter to smoke. Apparently not less than a year ago ALL smoking was banned and you had no choice but to smoke before you started and then again after your 8 hour shift. I think unionised workers were permitted off site to smoke but there were few of those at the time.

They finally allowed smoking again with this shelter and as a rule, people get as many cigs in as possible before they have to go back. This is where stronger tobacco can come in handy!

I got speaking with one long time facotry worker - they have less freedom of movement than the office staff, where i work, though even i am limited in when i can 'pop out' - and he told me his recent experience with e-cigs: He made it to work, dragging on his e-cig as much as he could before he was due to start his shift, as he usually would with cigarettes when, suddenly, he collapsed and had to be rushed to A&E with heart problems.

He only smokes cigarettes now and doesn't exactly know what happened, except that it was most definitely due to the e-cigs as he's never experienced anything like that, ever.

One older lady was even telling me about the benefits of smoking!

I do enjoy the camaraderie at the smoking stop :) it seems to be the best place for 'news' :D

Smoking

Sorry, I've never smoked (minus one time at a park with friends) and I've always seen it as extremely detrimental to our health. Having just watched a video of Laura discussing it on youtube about its health effects, I wonder, should I smoke organic tobacco, the kind you guys would recommend me? I've never once had the desire to smoke but if it's beneficial (organic sheets too like the one I see in her video) then I don't see why not. The native Americans were smart.

:) My knowledge and experience is less here.

Re: Smoking

CeLegacy said:
Sorry, I've never smoked (minus one time at a park with friends) and I've always seen it as extremely detrimental to our health. Having just watched a video of Laura discussing it on youtube about its health effects, I wonder, should I smoke organic tobacco, the kind you guys would recommend me? I've never once had the desire to smoke but if it's beneficial (organic sheets too like the one I see in her video) then I don't see why not. The native Americans were smart.

What organic you could buy depends on what country you live in. In the US you could get American Spirits, but I would advise getting the roll your own because by law all cigarettes in the US have to be "fire safe" so they put flame retardants in the paper which irritates the throat.

Mr. Premise said:
CeLegacy said:

What organic you could buy depends on what country you live in. In the US you could get American Spirits, but I would advise getting the roll your own because by law all cigarettes in the US have to be "fire safe" so they put flame retardants in the paper which irritates the throat.
I live in the UK, and what roll?

I must say I am mildly horrified at the idea of smoking tobacco. Anyone that worked in tobacco fields knows what tar is all about. Tar is the reason nice girls wore white gloves to church in the summer. Near impossible to remove it from skin! Nasty stuff.
But I have seen tobacco do some amazing things as far as direct application on wounds (in the field, not in the healthcare setting). I have seen some very bad things too, as far as vascular effects with ongoing use.
My question is: Is there benefit to eating rather than smoking it? Is heat required? Maybe a tisane?

Yupo said:
I must say I am mildly horrified at the idea of smoking tobacco. Anyone that worked in tobacco fields knows what tar is all about. Tar is the reason nice girls wore white gloves to church in the summer. Near impossible to remove it from skin! Nasty stuff.
But I have seen tobacco do some amazing things as far as direct application on wounds (in the field, not in the healthcare setting). I have seen some very bad things too, as far as vascular effects with ongoing use.
My question is: Is there benefit to eating rather than smoking it? Is heat required? Maybe a tisane?

Welcome to the forum Yupo btw! I'm new too. A quote I recently saw on the forum today really gave me a good mood: Don't let tomorrow use up too much of today.
Thinking about it properly puts me in a good mood again :lol:

Yupo said:
Don't eat tobacco. You could kill yourself that way because you can't regulate the dose of nicotine.

CeLegacy said:
Mr. Premise said:
CeLegacy said:

I live in the UK, and what roll?
As is loose tobacco which you roll into cigarettes. Just go to a tobacco shop and ask them for organic roll your own.

Back
Top Bottom