A new song I made

Thanks for sharing! As for the ending of "Nothing but lessons" i would add one very silent tone, maybe one silenced beat at the beginning of the last measure.

I've decided after some time to share with your my last experiences with piano. I started to touch the keyboard and I realized, after getting used with it, that I am more inclined to the piano. This is a 5 min piece, with some mistakes, being played at once(improvisation). What i find interesting is that without learning to practice in the standard educational way(no musical notation, no rules), one can express more freely.

https://soundcloud.com/edsworld/eds-acknowledgepiano-piece

Enjoy!

Beautiful piece. Bravo ! I love piano sound.

edgitarra said:
What i find interesting is that without learning to practice in the standard educational way(no musical notation, no rules), one can express more freely.

https://soundcloud.com/edsworld/eds-acknowledgepiano-piece

Enjoy!

Yes, there are a lot of good music "technicians" but how many have a real creative mind? or any real feeling? Like says Gurdjieff, even the greatest artistic works could be just... mechanical...

I think that not to have to focus too much on notation allows also in some way to focus more on what sound produces inside.

Wow!
Thank you to share edgitarra these wonderful music!
Beautiful sound, these songs each has it's own atmosphere.
Some of them has classical sound, some I can imagine for movies like Lord Of The Rings, magnificent!
I saw images when I listened.

Edgitarra I think your music has magic, I listened and was inspired and sometimes brought tears in my eyes.
Thank you!
:perfect:

The song:"But when it will come?" did you use digital voices for the vocal?
I'm just curious because I'm a singer and if you need a vocalist it would be a pleasure to contribute.
:cool2:

Sampled voices of a bulgarian choir. I took them from some website.

And I think if you want to, we can create something. As an idea, I would recommend you to record your voice on a song that you like/ or created - and then i can take your recording and put it on a composition. It is surprising how a voice recorded on a totally diferent song can sound so nice on another. But this, only until we can keep more contact, and really compose together. This, if you're up to!

edgitarra said:

Sampled voices of a bulgarian choir. I took them from some website.

And I think if you want to, we can create something. As an idea, I would recommend you to record your voice on a song that you like/ or created - and then i can take your recording and put it on a composition. It is surprising how a voice recorded on a totally diferent song can sound so nice on another. But this, only until we can keep more contact, and really compose together. This, if you're up to!

Thanks!
I will work on this.
I have recordings on You Tube, I sing opera, but I can sing jazz or blues.
Should I provide the link for the You Tube video (one scene from Verdi: Il Trovatore I performed) or record something at home?
Dunno, maybe it will scare you! :lol:

Thanks!
I will work on this.
Should I provide the link for the You Tube video (one scene from Verdi: Il Trovatore I performed) or record something at home?

Don't worry Emma, it won't scare me. Just send me a link if you want. I would be glad to listen to your voice.

edgitarra said:
monotonic said:
Some of tracks with piano or guitar sound a bit robotic in the fingering. The drums also come from the same sample so they are a bit repetitive. There are instruments available that rotate through different sample sets to avoid this problem. A bit of reverb on the drier samples helps. A drum sample with no reverberations can sound out of place If there is a lot of reverb applied to the other instruments (unless this effect is intended, and it works well in most of your tracks). These things don't usually stand out very much but can make the music come across as artificial sometimes.

That is my one tiny critique. I think your music is amazing and like every track. It reminds me of simpler less unpolished stuff I made years ago, when I was driven towards creative acts more.

Oh many thanks ! I am no pro, so I also have the same feeling. They do sound artificial(I use Fruity Loops) and it is bugging my mind on how to work on it. But mostly I do it for the enjoyment of the sounds, I don't know if I will ever get involved deeper into making it more professional. I enjoy feedback like this!

edgitarra,

I really enjoyed listening to your compositions. I don't think any electronic rendering will replace a live performance but as long as people enjoy the music for the melody and feeling I don't think we have to be perfect all the time.

I too can imagine many of your creations as soundtracks for video. I enjoyed the Cantec penru Rosia Montana for the guitar and your voice together. I play the guitar but enjoy all the other instruments as well. And I like a wide variety of music styles.

The tilinca pieces remind me of some Native American flute sounds. Many of the songs remind me of Béla Bartók who was Hungarian but also notated some Romanian folk music as well. Anyway, I like your music very much.

Thanks for sharing,

goyacobol :)

edgitarra said:
Thanks!
I will work on this.

Don't worry Emma, it won't scare me. Just send me a link if you want. I would be glad to listen to your voice.

OK! Here it goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg4aZpCEZqI

I listened to your voice, it has potential, and it can work very well for more kinds of music than opera. We can keep in touch if you want. I sent you a Facebook friend request.

Back
Top Bottom