Another Hovering Airplane

Miss Isness

Jedi Master
I can't find the thread where hovering planes was brought up. I've had the experience on more than one occasion. It happened again the day before yesterday. I was driving home from work, and saw this big plane just hovering very close to the ground. At one point trees obstructed my view, but I made a point of rubber necking to get a second look. Sure enough, I saw the impossible again. There was no sound, but this little absurdity didn't occur to me until later. What I did think is 'Why on earth is everyone just driving past this thing like it's normal?' Ironically, I didn't think to actually find a place to stop and get a better look.

The next day I woke up feeling miserable, and I'm still recovering. This all happened the day after heavy chemtrail action. I'm wondering if the fact that I actually realized that the 'plane' I was looking at was probably a UFO that was cloaked in some way, is messing with my belief system and making me sick. I'm also experiencing an astrological transit. Transiting Saturn in the 12th house of secret enemies at a 90 degree angle to my natal Mercury in the house of communication.

I'm glad to read this post, because I've also seen this phenomenon of a hovering (as in stationary) plane in the sky. It looked like an ordinary passenger plane; not a military aircraft. Like the poster saw, this plane seemed close to the ground. I called my daugter's attention to it, but she was driving and couldn't spare more than a cursory glance at it. She told me I was imagining things and that the plane would certainly be moving, but I could screw my head around to observe it until we rounded a bend further down the road, and it was most definitely not moving.

When I was reading 'The Wave', I remember a comment Laura had made about planes that seemed to 'disapper' if one glanced away for a second, and the response of the Casseopeans that these planes were cloaked spacecraft. So my first thought was that this 'plane' was a cloaked alien craft. When I said this to my daughter, all I got in response was an eye-roll and a lot of tutting!

Nevertheless, I know what I saw, and what I thought it was. Incidentally, this happened on the eastern Red Sea coastal road in Egypt.

I've seen a video on YouTube - filmed from a moving car - of a plane that seemed to be hovering, but was just in fact an optical illusion. It all depends on where you are in relation to it, and the maneuvers it's doing or something. You might want to look into that to consider all possibilities.

Craig, by optical illusion, do you mean something like a mirage?

Well, the other side of the coast road where I saw this plane is desert, the Eastern Desert, to be exact. However, this plane seemed to be extremely solid and strongly delineated, and had nothing like emanating heatwaves or other distortions around it.

Can you remember the link to the Youtube video? Unfortunately, my daughter flatly refused to stop so I could take a better look at it.

Just for the record, one of the other times it happened, I was with my husband who saw the same thing as me. We were driving down an open highway where we had a view of it for several minutes. The one I saw the day before yesterday was much closer. It was so close to the ground that it should have been landing, only there was no place for it to land. It looked like a cargo, or military plane. I got a look at it from more than one angle since I drove past it. I knew I should have kept my eyes on the road, but I was determined to try to make sense of what I was seeing. Of course, I can't say for 100% sure that it wasn't an optical illusion of some kind, but that still doesn't explain the lack of sound by a plane so close to the ground.

Despite all the articles that have been posted on Sott about Ufos, I still have difficulty with the concept. I'm certainly not the type that's making an effort to actively substantiate that they exist. To the contrary, I have no interest in having an encounter. Who knows, maybe that's one of the reasons I saw a plane.....

Miss Isness said:
It was so close to the ground that it should have been landing...
I can't say I've seen any hovering airplanes, but what I have seen is the airplanes are getting consistently lower in their flight path. I'm not sure if this is because we have had lots of large thunderheads, or something else. Its just really easy to tell because they have a path to DIA (denver international airport) pretty much right over my area and in the last month or two they seem to get lower and lower... fwiw

Miss Isness said:
To the contrary, I have no interest in having an encounter.
I can't say I've ever seen one either, and nor do I really want to, but it does make me curious seeing all the articles on SotT.

Funnily enough, while looking for the video - it was footage next to an airport of a plane landing - I came across this: Military plane floats in mid-air taken from a similar angle. Some interesting comments below it, so not that uncommon of a sight.

I've seen this a few times, planes can look really strange at the right angles. Watch them for long enough though and you'll see they're moving. Coming into land is of course when it happens most because its when they're going slowest, and they're at an odd angle. When they're in the sky remember they can be around 7 miles (12km) up. Its quite far so they can look like they're still sometimes.

Thanks for your input Craig. I still think that what I saw was different. The footage in that video is very bad quality and the plane seems quite far. The plane I saw recently was BIG and CLOSE. If there had been one of those rolling stairways nearby I could have almost reached it. I could see the engines clearly, and it wasn't making any sound. It wasn't some modern high tech looking plane either. In fact, it looked old and was a very dull gray color. Could my mind be playing tricks on me? Sure. I simply don't have enough evidence to prove anything. There's also the fact that I was driving when it happened, and yet I know without a doubt that a nearby plane at that altitude makes a tremendous amount of noise to which I am very sensitive.

Thanks for that video link, Craig. The stretch of road we were on is nowhere near any kind of airport. It definitely wasn't a Harrier; it was an ordinary gunmetal grey colour and did not look military, although I now remember it didn't have any national logos on it either. Nor was there any kind of vapour trail, which is odd! It looked as if someone had cut out a large photo of a plane and stuck it on to a patch of clear sky; that's how lineated it was; like a collage. My daughter was pretty much of Russ's opinion. I can only repeat that for the few minutes I had an uninterrupted view of it, it did not move from the spot.

_http://www.videosift.com/video/Hovering-737-in-Canada-The-Resurrection

Found this video. It seems to me the illusion would only occur if you were moving in the same direction as the plane. It looked like they were oriented in the same way with respect to the plane in both videos (opposite directions) though. Maybe I just can't visualize the concept of the illusion clearly.

Thanks, combsbt - that's pretty much how I saw my plane (if you know what I mean).

The two main differences were:

a) the nose of the plane was facing south and we were driving north i.e. facing in the opposite direction.

b) It was a beautifully clear day, with the Eastern desert mountains in the background, so nothing to impede the view until we eventually came to a bend in the road round an outcrop. After we cleared the outcrop, the plane had disappeared, but that might just have been distance intervention.

That's a good video site. 'Child runs screaming from Bush'! Must watch that!

We were traveling to Twin Lakes Leicestershire, from Nottinghamshire yesterday 05/12/08 at aprox 10.30am, when my 6 year old son, who was sitting in the rear of the car, drew my attention to something outside. It was a huge passenger plane, (red & white I think) very near to us and very low to the grown (perhaps 50ft) that was just hovering in a farmers ploughed field. We must have watched it for about 20seconds, and I craned my neck to watch it out of the cars back window (i was a passenger) then it seemed to just disappear, but may have gone behind some low clouds?

The next village we drove into was Wymeswold. The plane was pointing in the opposite direction to where we were traveling. There was no aircraft noise. I knew at the time that what I was seeing wasn't possible and even said so to my husband who was driving, but didn't think to video or photograph it :o(

Can anyone explain what we saw?

It's funny that this thread should get bumped up just now, because last Wednesday I had another hovering plane experience on the very same road as before. I was driving again and unfortunately there were about three cars behind mine. The one directly in back of me was tailgating, so I felt forced to keep moving at the same speed. This time it was almost dark. What looked like the outline of a plane seemed to morph into a triangle and back. It had strange lights that were also in a triangular pattern, which I saw hovering in the sky as soon as I turned onto the road. They looked strange from the very beginning, but I figured it would all make sense once I got a little closer. I half expected it to be a helicopter, but when I got closer I could see the lights were pulsating. Again, no noise and very low to the ground. It gave me a really strange feeling. :shock:

found this on YouTube - high-quality video of a plane hovering over the Ohio river:

http_://www_.youtube.com/watch?v=-PjCFO2noaI

Back
Top Bottom