Are the Olympic Games The Sign of The End?

The derision and scorn is utterly palatable here as Wiki peddle the revisionist myth that Newgrange people were some kind of deluded death cult!

I didn't know where else to post this. I mean, this is an old but really interesting thread. A few days after I finished reading it, I borrowed a video from my sister, not knowing that I would see a familiar symbol in it that pertains to what I had just read.

The 2021 movie directed by Shawn Levy, Free Guy, starts out following 'a day in the life of' Ryan Reynolds' character Guy. I thought I was watching a remake of The Truman Show which quickly turned into a pro-AI/pro-Meta-esq story. There are some really funny parts in it (it's Ryan Reynolds!) but, to get to the point, in a bathroom scene, a character named Keys (Joe Keery) was sitting in a stall with his laptop in an attempt to assist Guy. The lit computer company symbol on the lid looked instantly familiar but I could not think of the company name. After a quick search, I had it:

Razer.jpg

This is the logo of the computer company Razer. It was developed (along with everything else apparently) by the marketing company Fitch (which is not mentioned on the Razer, Inc. wiki), apparently being inspired by tattoo art (I'm also thinking something like the toxic symbol). They were looking for something unique and aggressive and decided on the poisonous South African Boomslang snake (the idea being snakes eat mice- haha- marketing the superiority of their peripherals) outlined in an acid green.

Logos-world.net mentions where the name came from (also not mentioned on the wiki). Robert Krakoff, a founding member of Razer, cut himself with a razor blade and decided to name the company 'Razor' to immortalize the event (an unintended blood sacrifice?) but misspelled the word as 'Razer'. However, in the Fitch pdf, all it says about the name was that it was chosen by the marketing company, and the misspelled word shows up in brand registration documents (which doesn't mean anything about its history).

It also has this to say about the logo:
The Razer logo is shaped like a triskelion. Perhaps this explains why there are exactly three snakes and not two or four. If we interpret the ancient symbol, then its spiral shape personifies the vortex of development, the dynamism of life, the movement of the Sun across the sky. However, a manufacturer of gaming peripherals could have put a completely different meaning into it.

It doesn't propose what that meaning is but what am I supposed to think? Triskelion = powerful, aggressive gaming (competition, kill count...)? The well-known earlier version depicts three legs with winged feet and the head of a gorgon with snakes for hair in the centre. Everything is gone except the snakes.

Here is a different example from the first half of the 6th century BC, a Winged Gorgoneion from Olympia, Peloponnese, Greece. It apparently served as an apotropanion on a shield. It is mentioned that the Gorgoneion represents the 'dynamic life energy' aspect of the Mother Goddess.

Gorgonion from Olympia.jpg

The original symbol of three interlocked spirals is almost completely unrecognisable in comparison to the Razer version.

Back
Top Bottom