Are you an introvert or just a covert narcissist? Test!

This is a great subject I have often thought. I'm kind of shy, and my baigaiement turns when I feel that we judge me negatively. So I asked myself why I was afraid of the judgment of others. My answer was that I put too much in my personality. And I had deduced that many (not all) of shy, are narcissistic. This was much annoyed me found that I could be narcissistic. Since I try to give less importance to me, but I still sensitive to criticism. I understand that I am always narcissist. As the article says, it may be due to a neurosis. What I could translate into a narcissism that we would have inherited a genetic karma (unlike psychosis, which I think is due to the individual karma of our past lives). So, perhaps to give me "good conscience", I would assume that the "narcissistic introvert" inherits a narcissist who is not from his soul, but the common narcissism of human genetics, linked to different stories. As for "extraverted narcissism" it would be a psychosis related to our soul. But probably we are mostly confronted with different levels, the two forms of narcissism (neurosis and psychosis). If I had 13/50. The test was fun for our ego, but I do not know if we can give credibility to this test.

Interesting synchronicity, as this morning i just was thinking am i becoming to self centered with my wish to read and learn from here ... am i balancing stuff on a right way so none will have bad repercussions from my devotion to Work ( i have family and kids and need to provide for them, but in my freelance position it is easy to trade time from every day work in favor of the Work ) ... am i doing right thing if i devote a bit more time to the Work, than to some other activities that i see now to be completely useless, or even damaging for more honest growth, but in this world of chaos, that is what is mainstream and still can feed the family ... do i have right to be "selfish" to step out from that ... etc etc ... and i opened the forum and this was just offered to try!

... actually it is funny thought that now as more as i am reading and learning form here, i feel more "selfish" speaking about selfishness how i understood it before ... and less "generous" speaking about generosity as it is understood in "mainstream programed" life, if we can call it that way ... so according to that first few points from 1 to 4, if i will do this test few years ago, it will be answered with the same answer as the rest from 5- 10 "very uncharacteristic", but now since i decided to do the Work on myself more, how can i answer this first 4 questions if not "characteristic" or even "very characteristic" ... i think once i make more stable my every day life and Work, this points from 1-4 will come to place towards "very uncharacteristic" as that will become blended in my other daily activities, but right now it is on the edge of this test results, but any way 22/50 said "You’re probably not a covert narcissist."

interesting .... indeed!

:cool2:

I got 26/50.

"You’re kind of a covert narcissist.
You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control."

The points from the survey that stood out were:

Sometimes I get lost in my own thoughts about my problems and my relationships - something I used to do very ofter when I was younger and, while I have become more down to earth, I am still prone to dissociating on occasions.

I easily get wrapped up in my own interests, to the point that I practically forget that the people around me even exist - this is very much linked to the first point where I get lost in my own thoughts and become less aware of the surrounding environment.

I feel like I have enough of my own problems and don’t have time to worry about everyone else’s issues - I selected neutral. I am usually eager to help when approached by someone but I generally still have this attitude of trying to avoid other people's problems which I can relate back to the time in my childhood when my sister continuously asked me to do her homework and explain her everything and I was forced by my parents to do so. This is definitely something on my priority list on things to work on.

26/50

:) Covert narcissist with self control. I do not know about the first part but the self control part is spot on. :) being born and educated in a communist society, up until 35 I was completely ignorant about feelings and emotions. At 35, I had the chance of getting a crash course in Human Relations, and got finally educated in what it means to have an assertive behavior both at home and at work. I have to thank my husband though for understanding, learning together and applying the rules consistently thus creating together a harmonious environment for our two girls.

Thank you laura for bringing the topic up. It was great fun! :)

This teats may have proved different a number of years ago, but i believe that this how i feel today.
I must give credit too those whom have pointed the way. It has helped me see and know the inner struggle that continues as a work of progress.
23/50

So i will take again with the feelings of yesterday (the past).
32/50
PS.. The diet change has added significance contributions too winning as to losing. :thup:

Well, being totally honest:

38/50

You’re kind of a covert narcissist. You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

28/50

You’re kind of a covert narcissist.

You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

solarmind said:
Interesting synchronicity, as this morning i just was thinking am i becoming to self centered with my wish to read and learn from here ... am i balancing stuff on a right way so none will have bad repercussions from my devotion to Work ( i have family and kids and need to provide for them, but in my freelance position it is easy to trade time from every day work in favor of the Work )

I think the Work is a permanent thing, solarmind. It's something that we should always be doing when we're going about our daily lives. Do you mean 'studying', rather than the Work?

24/50 - probably not a covert narcissist. I think my score was higher than it might have been had I not answered "neutral" on several of the questions. Although most of the questions weren't characteristic of me, I always thought "well, sometimes I guess I'm like that", even if it's relatively rare. I always have trouble with these kinds of self-assessment quizzes since it makes you give a definitive answer on things I consider to be rather transient, in many cases.

26/50

You’re kind of a covert narcissist. You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

As others have commented, and is often the case, the questions, to me, don't appear to be so concise. In the sense that just because you get lost in something, it doesn't mean you don't care about what others are doing. Then again, i wouldn't disagree with the result!

I took this quiz yesterday and I believe I got a 31 or 32/50. You’re kind of a covert narcissist. You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

Back in my more shy days, I'd always harbored the suspicion that I was a closeted extrovert so I wasn't entirely shocked by the result.

Odyssey said:
I believe I got a 31 or 32/50. You’re kind of a covert narcissist. You can be pretty self-centered, in other words, but the behavior isn’t out of control.

Same here - got 31, I kind of suspected this to be the case. But like others noted I am sure this score would be much higher only few years ago, so there is hope :)

Back
Top Bottom