Buzzing Vibrating in my brain

Gonzo said:
... The approach of this forum is to challenge each other's beliefs and behaviours, in the hopes of coming to an objective awareness of ourselves and a mutual understanding of the reality we find ourselves in.

Since we not only gather to work on learning more about our external reality, but also our internal reality, we strive to identify and eradicate aspects of our false selves. This is painful. When we are challenged, it hurts. But it is important to know that no one challenges another to inflict pain. Pain is merely the side effect and the price one must pay for growth. Such challenges can bring us back to early childhood experiences where, for example, criticism was perceived as rejection. When we experience mechanical reactions in ourselves here, we should take note, as it becomes an opportunity to grow out of our reactive, mechanical selves. This is part of the Work, as described by Gurdjieff.

An excellent reminder of the purpose of this forum and why I, personally, should be participating more on this forum where my false selves are more likely to be challenged and less on FB.

Gonzo said:
... there are truths that apply to everyone (e.g. neurotoxins like aspertame should be avoided at all times by all people). As well, there are probabilities. It makes scientific sense to use truths and probabilities when trying to troubleshoot a problem and only after we have exhausted the high probabilities should we ever consider the lower ones. And unknown unknowns (like chakra activations or kundalini) simply cannot be considered until the tangibles have been adequately evaluated and ruled out.

As a "retired" computer repair technician, this reminds me of the first rule of troubleshooting computers ... Always check the hardware first, before considering the software. I was once called out to do a repair for someone who swore that a virus had permanently crashed his computer the night before, because in the morning it would not turn on. When I arrived at his home, I listened to his whole story about how "something" happened to his computer while he was "troubleshooting" it and how he had spent most of the night trying to figure it out. After listening to his lengthy story of "troubleshooting", I went over to his computer and immediately started checking all the connections. During this inspection, the customer was standing over my shoulder asking me why I was checking the connections and insisting that it was a virus that "killed" his computer. To make a long story short, I found that his computer was NOT plugged in. The night before, while he was 'troubleshooting" his computer, he had inadvertently unplugged his computer and forgotten he had done so. Moral of the story, always check the hardware first i.e., health and diet before considering the software i.e., "unknown unknowns (like chakra activations or kundalini)".

Great story/example, Robin! Yes, you should share more!

Laura said:
Great story/example, Robin! Yes, you should share more!

Thank you, Laura ... :) ... About sharing: I have found it somewhat difficult to share or "dive-in" here on the forum because of the depth and breadth of information already available here. Also, I am trying to be mindful to not create noise while trying to balance learning how to identify/eradicate my own beliefs/behaviors with trying to bring something "new" to a topic. So my new strategy is to spend less time on FB and to check the "Recent Posts" section here on the forum daily, in order to see if there is a topic where I could learn more about my "false-selves" via asking questions, seeking clarification, etc., and/or to see if I have anything "new" to add to any given topic based on my personal experiences/education. Hopefully, this new strategy will help me to develop my "sea legs" on board this forum! ;)

Yeah, I do the "recent posts" thing every day to see what's going on, what topics are hot, etc. And then, there are also some topics that interest me particularly, so I check them regularly.

Menna,
I do not have a task to run body more effectively, just be healthy.
I use very simple rule, listen to yourself and body reaction to food. Body always says what is not good for it. Second rule, do not eat constantly the same dishes.

maxim.m said:
Menna,
I do not have a task to run body more effectively, just be healthy.
I use very simple rule, listen to yourself and body reaction to food. Body always says what is not good for it. Second rule, do not eat constantly the same dishes.

Unfortunately, your beliefs about this may not be correct. That is to say, you may be propagating lies in what you have just written. Only SOME bodies that have not been contaminated by the foods common to modern society can actually react properly to unhealthy foods. Plus there are the epigenetic changes that have affected our body's abilities to process what is optimal for our health. "Listening to the body" means that FIRST, the instrument must be cleaned, repaired, and tuned.

Also, we evolved because we ate a limited range of optimal foods and too much variety can be detrimental.

You either need to get up to speed, or hang out elsewhere.

maxim.m said:
Laura said:
"Listening to the body" means that FIRST, the instrument must be cleaned, repaired, and tuned.

Agree.

In French... ;) we have an expression that say: "Un esprit sain dans un corps sain" and that means "a healthy spirit in a healthy body"-

loreta said:
that means "a healthy spirit in a healthy body"

We have the same in russian but I think it is illusion. Better to say:
"a healthy body in a healthy spirit".

Because spirit clearance gives a lot to body. Not sure that scientists know a lot about it.

maxim.m said:
loreta said:
that means "a healthy spirit in a healthy body"

We have the same in russian but I think it is illusion. Better to say:
"a healthy body in a healthy spirit".

Because spirit clearance gives a lot to body. Not sure that scientists know a lot about it.

What do you mean by it is an illusion to have a healthy body? I don't understand.

Perhaps it seems to be an excuse? What if " Because body clearance gives a lot to spirit" ?

It is just some newagy delusional nonsense. Health manifests on different levels of being, there is no singular way. Physical health is important to mental and emotional health, emotional health is important to mental and physical health, and mental health is important to emotional and physical health. That's why one works on different levels.

Loreta,
I mean that root of many body health problems lies on mental/emotional level.
I prefer to use soul clearance methods, because of long term effects.
Have a experience of long-term anger-free state and long-term total celibacy.
Both were side-effects of mind control method with 2 rules.
1. Do not anticipate.
2. Do not motivate.

maxim.m said:
Loreta,
1. Do not anticipate.
2. Do not motivate.

What we have found through research and experimentation is that your diet has a whole heck of a lot to do with not only physical problems, but mental and emotional problems, too.

It would be good if you read through the entire Life Without Bread thread in order to understand what we are talking about with the low carb/high fat diet. Which by diet, we are talking a lifestyle, which also is long term in its effects.

However, if you cannot empty your cup a bit and look at the information we provide here, that is up to you. But, as has been said, if this is the case, maybe this forum is not for you.

Nienna Eluch said:
maxim.m said:
Loreta,
1. Do not anticipate.
2. Do not motivate.

What we have found through research and experimentation is that your diet has a whole heck of a lot to do with not only physical problems, but mental and emotional problems, too.

It would be good if you read through the entire Life Without Bread thread in order to understand what we are talking about with the low carb/high fat diet. Which by diet, we are talking a lifestyle, which also is long term in its effects.

However, if you cannot empty your cup a bit and look at the information we provide here, that is up to you. But, as has been said, if this is the case, maybe this forum is not for you.

I agree completely with this. For me the diet we are talking here, is the foundation of the rest. The illusion is to think that the spirit, and only the spirit, will help us to change, to heal, to cure. The diet is our body who is the house of our brains and our spirit. If my foundation is not good I have a problem. Everything is united, but I live in my body. Taking care of my body is taking care of him physically and spiritually. It is not just what I eat, but why I am taking this diet and the diet is just a step, the first one.

Back
Top Bottom