Canadian Orwellian world: Lockdowns, vaccines passports and more

When I started looking around for fallout on Yaroslav Hunka (also written: Jaroslav Gunka) and the SS Galicia Division, I came across a Liberal MP named Yvan Baker of Etobicoke-Centre, Ontario riding. I don't know why I started looking into his political life. I kinda picked him at random just to see who he was. I came across this write-up for his Ontario provincial, Liberal MP election run in 2014, thought it was interesting and so kept digging to see what else was there.

Yvan Baker, a Ukranian, is running for the Liberals, provincially, in Etobicoke-Centre

May 23, 2014 Estonian Life No. 21 2014

Yvan Baker came into politics honestly. His mother, Miroslava Oleksiuk is one of the co-founders of the Central and Eastern European Council in Canada (with Estonian award winning filmmaker Marcus Kolga and Estonian Central Council President Markus Hess) and an active member of the Ukranian-Canadian community. His father, Donald Baker was a Progressive-Conservative candidate in Etobicoke. ...

Baker has impressive credentials for his work in the Ukranian community. He is a past President of the Ukranian Canadian Congress-Ontario and continues to lobby Ontario MPP's of all parties to include information of the man made famine into the Ontario school curriculum. He worked on creating the Ukranian Heritage Day with MPP's of all three parties.
“I am proud that Premier Kathleen Wynne asked the federal government to impose sanctions on President Yanukovich's government when the demonstrations were happening in the Ukraine,” said Baker.

He really wanted to get the word out about (a certain version of) the Holodomor.
Minister Liz Sandals joins MPP Yvan Baker for Holodomor Mobile Classroom Launch

November 25, 2015

Yesterday at Queen’s Park I had the pleasure of joining Minister of Education Liz Sandals for a commemoration of Holodomor Awareness Week and for the launch of the Holodomor Mobile Classroom.

A big thank you to the members of the community who joined me yesterday, as well as Bishop Stephen Chmilar of the Ukrainian Canadian Catholic Church and Bishop Andriy of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada who blessed the Mobile Classroom.

I would also like to thank Premier Kathleen Wynne and Minister of Education Liz Sandals for their dedication to the mobile classroom project. Bringing the mobile classroom to life will help young people across Ontario learn about the Holodomor in an immersive and powerful way.

Holodomor Mobile Classroom

Funded by the Government of Ontario
, the bilingual, wheelchair accessible mobile classroom will provide students from across the province an opportunity to learn more about the Holodomor, the Ukrainian genocidal famine of 1932-33.

Earlier this year we celebrated the inclusion of the Holodomor in the Ontario curriculum as well as the funding commitment to complete the mobile classroom. This November I was honored to host the completed mobile classroom at Queen’s Park to share it with my colleagues to officially launch the Holodomor Awareness Tour!

Once again, I would like to thank the community members who organized the Holodomor Awareness Tour and everyone who worked together to realize the Holodomor Mobile Classroom. It is an important tool to help us share the tragedy of the Holodomor with the next generation and to ensure a crime like this never happens again.

Sincerly,
Yvan

This bus has been all across Canada (except the Yukon and Territories), not just confined to Ontario.
Holodomor.jpg

In his 2018 nomination campaign running for the Federal MP position for the same riding, he credits his grandparents for his getting into politics:
Baker said that he got into politics because of his grandparents, who immigrated to Canada after the Second World War. “My grandparents were incredibly proud of their Ukrainian heritage, but they also were incredibly proud to be Canadian. And they ensured that my sister and I appreciated how fortunate we were to live in Canada,” he noted.

A video by the UCRDC (Ukrainian Canadian Research & Documentation Centre) from Dec. 17, 2018, is titled Ukrainian by Choice. It "explores the question of ethnicity of people, born in Canada, whose one parent is Ukrainian, the other from a different ethnic background." The 4:05 minute excerpt from a much larger 50 minute interview, is of Yvan Baker whose mother is Myroslava Oleksiuk b. Sept. 9, 1946, Kiel, Germany, and father is Donald Baker, b. June 4, 1944, Toronto, Ont. Canada.
Yvan’s maternal grandparents helped raise him and his sister and Yvan was very much influenced by his grandfather. Yvan and Meelena spoke Ukrainian exclusively as young children and their father, Donald was very supportive of their Ukrainian upbringing, driving them to Ukrainian school and dance lessons, sometimes despite their complaints. Neither their father nor their Scottish grandparents were adamant about teaching them about their Scottish roots.

Yvan’s Ukrainian grandmother had lived through the Holodomor and wanted her children and grandchildren to remember and honour the victims of this and other similar tragedies. Yvan was able to support, through his influence in Parliament, various projects involving the Holodomor, including Canada Ukraine’s project for the Holodomor Mobile classroom, a bus retrofitted with television screens and interfaces that teaches students across Canada about the Holodomor Famine/Genocide of 1932-33 in Ukraine.

In the actual interview, he commented on participating in Ukrainian community activities (not my transcript):
In terms of the events, very often, anything to do with, you know, advocacy on a cause that’s important to the Ukrainian Canadian community, that could be teaching and commemorating the Holodomor, it could be the work to build a monument which I was very proud to when I was a member of Provincial parliament to help the team at the Ukrainian Canadian Congress Toronto Branch, was trying to get that monument off the ground, eventually did, and I applaud them for the work they did , but that Holodomor monument is in a prominent location , it does justice, I think, it honours the victims in a beautiful, beautiful way and allows future generations of Ukrainians and other Canadians to, to commemorate those victims. Things like, Like I said, I was, when I was a member of Provincial Parliament working with Valentina Kuryliw and a number of others, uh, that have been trying to work in this building, we were able to ensure that the, uh, government of Ontario inserted, or included the Holodomor in the educational curriculum so that every young person in Ontario can now learn about the Holodomor. I think that is so, so important. And I’m so, of all the things that I have worked on that’s one of the things that I’m most proud of. And that’s . It was a team effort, led by Valentina Kuryliw.

Here is a list of Holodomor monuments in Canada+. And Valentina Kuryliw, the historian and educator specializing in the Holodomor, who made the inaugural less for the Holodomor bus in 2016, and has had her second book (Holodomor in Ukraine, The Genocidal Famine 1932-1933: learning materials for teachers and students) vetted in 2018 "for use by teachers in schools in Canada and placed on the teaching resources lists of the following provinces to date: in Ontario, in the largest school board in Canada, the Toronto District School Board, Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning Diversity Education, Saskatchewan Teachers Federation. It is also sought after and used in curriculum units in the United States of America and other countries."

In a Sept. 14, 2021 election interview with New Pathway- Ukrainian News (Toronto), Yvan responded to some questions. On the same page, is an election poster that I can't translate because it's written in Ukrainian (Etobicoke is one of the hotbeds of Can./Ukr. communities in Canada). In the lower-right corner is an image of Yvan honouring an Azov/Bandera war memorial? I don't know what this is but the symbol on the stone is pretty hard to miss.

Yvan Baker.jpg

NP-UN: As the Chair of Canada-Ukraine Parliamentary Friendship Group, what do you think should be the immediate and strategic things Canada should be doing regarding Ukraine?

Yvan Baker: As the head of the group, I spend a lot of time working to ensure Canada does everything Canada can do for Ukraine. We have to continue strengthening sanctions against the Putin regime, do everything we can to support Ukraine’s integration into NATO and continue Operation UNIFIER, which is the Canadian mission where Canadian soldiers are training Ukrainian soldiers. We need to expand it, not just the amount of training but also the locations of training. And lastly, I believe that we need to eliminate the visa regime for Ukrainians who want to come to Canada.

NP-UN: It is known that some NATO members including Germany and France are opposed to Ukraine’s getting Membership Action Plan (MAP) to join NATO at the moment. What can Canada do in this situation to help Ukraine’s aspirations to get MAP?

Yvan Baker: I think Canada has been doing a lot of work on a couple of fronts. One is to help Ukraine meet the requirements that are needed to become a NATO member. Our military is not just training the frontline soldiers within Operation UNIFIER, they’re also working with senior members of the Ukrainian armed forces to make sure they have the leadership skills and technology, the interoperability with NATO. On the question about Germany and France, Canada has been and will continue to advocate with our NATO allies, to urge them to support Ukraine’s membership in NATO. Not just because it’s good for Ukraine, but because it’s good for Canada and other countries. Russia poses a security threat to Ukraine and our allies in Europe, including Germany and France. If Ukraine becomes part of NATO, we will have another strong member committed to the alliance and protecting European and North American security.

NP-UN: What do you think about updating and upgrading Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement on the background of Ukraine’s trade deficit with Canada in 2020?

Yvan Baker: I am in favour of continuous improvements to the Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement. I think there’s a number of other issues that cause Ukraine’s trade deficit, unrelated to the free trade agreement. For example, Ukraine is undertaking reforms of its judicial system, and Canada has invested a significant amount of money in helping in those reforms. Canada has also helped to reform Ukraine’s police and other institutions. These reforms are really critical for the success of Ukraine’s foreign investment and trade.

On Nov. 30, 2021, he tabled Bill C-204 (which never passed the 1st reading, btw) to establish the month of September as "Ukrainian Heritage Month" because:
Whereas the first official Ukrainian immigrants to Canada, Vasyl Eleniak and Ivan Pylypiw, arrived on September 7, 1891, and Ukrainian immigrants began arriving in Canada in larger numbers in the years that followed;

Whereas today Canada is home to more than 1.‍3 million Ukrainian Canadians;

Whereas Canada was the first Western nation to recognize Ukraine’s independence in 1991;

Whereas Canada has recognized that the Holodomor was a genocide perpetrated by the Soviet regime of Joseph Stalin, causing the death of millions of Ukrainians in 1932 and 1933, with the intent to destroy the Ukrainian people’s aspirations for a free and independent Ukraine;

Whereas Canada opposes Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and continues to support Ukraine in its fight for its sovereignty and territorial integrity;

Whereas Ukrainian Canadians have left and continue to leave a historic mark on Canada, with contributions that span communities across the country and are reflected in Canada’s economic, political, social and cultural life;

And whereas Parliament wishes to recognize the inspirational role that Ukrainian Canadians have played and continue to play in communities across the country and to educate Canadians about that role by celebrating it;

Posted on the League of Ukranian Canadians (LUC) website (lucorg.com/2022/10/mp-yvan-baker-in-ukraine/, I'm not hotlinking to this one) is a letter by Yvan revealing a trip to Ukraine in the capacity of MP and Chair of the Canada-Ukraine Friendship Group.
Oct 14, 2022

On Wednesday, I was in Ukraine with Minister Harjit Sajjan. We were there in the aftermath of Russia’s horrific missile strikes on Monday and Tuesday that targeted and killed innocent civilians in Ukraine.

We came to show Canada’s steadfast support for the brave people of Ukraine courageously defending their country from Russia’s genocidal war and to hear directly from Ukrainians about their needs and how Canada can help.

While in Lviv, Minister Sajjan and I visited the Lychakiv Cemetery with Governor Kozytskyy to pay respect to fallen Ukrainian soldiers. We learned about the work being done to rebuild the Ukrainian economy and support internally displaced people – refugees from other parts of Ukraine who have fled to the Lviv region from the regions of Ukraine occupied by Russia.

We also met with the Mayor of Lviv, Andriy Sadovyi and thanked him for his continued support of internally displaced persons. Since the beginning of February, Mayor Sadovyi has welcomed hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians to his city.

Everyone we met with told us that after Russia’s missile strikes this week that Ukrainians are more defiant and determined than ever to win this war.

In fighting this war, Ukrainians are not only fighting for themselves, they are also defending our security, our democracy and our quality of life. They are fighting for us.

Canada is determined to ensure that Ukraine wins and will be there until that happens, until we all win.

On Thursday, I joined John Moore on Moore in the Morning on Newstalk 1010 radio to discuss my visit to Ukraine.

They also "met with representatives of key partner NGOs working to help Ukraine rebuild and recover", and "met with a mobile psychosocial assistance team funded through Canadian support to the UN Population Agency and spoke with team members about the important work being done to support survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and other Ukrainians dealing with mental health trauma."

If you are unaware of the LUC, here are four excerpts from Chapter 9:
Canadian Banderites and their organisations have dominated the UCC's leadership for some 20 years. The OUN(B) in Canada is organised primarily through the League of Ukrainian Canadians (LUC), whose publication Homin Ukrainy (Ukrainian Echo) is published in Toronto.
The LUC's major national affiliates include the League of Ukrainian Canadian Women, the Society of Veterans of the UPA and the the Ukrainian Youth Association.[xviii] The latter is basically Canada's Bandera youth association, a scouting organisation (similar in military structure and appearance to the one set up by British imperialist Lt.Gen. and Baron, Sir Robert Baden-Powell).
The following declassified "Secret" CIA document outlines the post-WWII history of the Agency's close working relationship with the above mentioned Nazi-linked organisations: UHVR, OUN, UPA and "the underground."

Kevin C Ruffner, "Cold War Allies: The Origins of CIA's Relationship with Ukrainian Nationalists," Fifty Years of the CIA, 1998.
A 1978 book published by the Ukrainian War Veterans Association (Edmonton Branch) notes that on November 22, 1964, Michael Chomiak was the keynote speaker at a banquet for the Ukrainian Organisation of Nationalists (OUN), the Ukrainian War Veterans, the League for the Liberation of Ukraine (a Banderite group), the Bratsvo UNA (i.e., the veterans of the Waffen-SS Galicia), Plast and SUM, the Bandera youth organization of the OUN(B). This 1978 event commemorated the 50th anniversary of the Canadian association of Ukrainian Sich Riflemen, which had been a unit in the Austrian Army during WWI.

Also, the Lychakiv Cemetary that Yvan and Sajjan visited is a big place, so I don't know what specific areas they visited, but it happens to be the home of the Ukrainian National Army Memorial which includes soldiers of the SS Galicia Division. Pictured here are members of the 'scouts'-like group Plast.

Monument of the SS-Galicia- Lviv, Ukraine.jpg

Chapter 10:
In 2013, when asked whether Plast had been influential during her childhood, Freeland responded:

"Absolutely. Plast was a very important part of my life growing up and it is a very important part of my daughters’ lives. I grew up in a Ukrainian community and was active in Plast. Now my two daughters are active plastunky in New York (my son is only 3 years old). My elder daughter went to Lviv this summer for the 100th anniversary of Plast."

When I started looking around for fallout on Yaroslav Hunka (also written: Jaroslav Gunka) and the SS Galicia Division, I came across a Liberal MP named Yvan Baker of Etobicoke-Centre, Ontario riding. I don't know why I started looking into his political life. I kinda picked him at random just to see who he was. I came across this write-up for his Ontario provincial, Liberal MP election run in 2014, thought it was interesting and so kept digging to see what else was there.

He really wanted to get the word out about (a certain version of) the Holodomor.

This bus has been all across Canada (except the Yukon and Territories), not just confined to Ontario.
View attachment 83031

In his 2018 nomination campaign running for the Federal MP position for the same riding, he credits his grandparents for his getting into politics:

A video by the UCRDC (Ukrainian Canadian Research & Documentation Centre) from Dec. 17, 2018, is titled Ukrainian by Choice. It "explores the question of ethnicity of people, born in Canada, whose one parent is Ukrainian, the other from a different ethnic background." The 4:05 minute excerpt from a much larger 50 minute interview, is of Yvan Baker whose mother is Myroslava Oleksiuk b. Sept. 9, 1946, Kiel, Germany, and father is Donald Baker, b. June 4, 1944, Toronto, Ont. Canada.

In the actual interview, he commented on participating in Ukrainian community activities (not my transcript):

Here is a list of Holodomor monuments in Canada+. And Valentina Kuryliw, the historian and educator specializing in the Holodomor, who made the inaugural less for the Holodomor bus in 2016, and has had her second book (Holodomor in Ukraine, The Genocidal Famine 1932-1933: learning materials for teachers and students) vetted in 2018 "for use by teachers in schools in Canada and placed on the teaching resources lists of the following provinces to date: in Ontario, in the largest school board in Canada, the Toronto District School Board, Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning Diversity Education, Saskatchewan Teachers Federation. It is also sought after and used in curriculum units in the United States of America and other countries."

In a Sept. 14, 2021 election interview with New Pathway- Ukrainian News (Toronto), Yvan responded to some questions. On the same page, is an election poster that I can't translate because it's written in Ukrainian (Etobicoke is one of the hotbeds of Can./Ukr. communities in Canada). In the lower-right corner is an image of Yvan honouring an Azov/Bandera war memorial? I don't know what this is but the symbol on the stone is pretty hard to miss.

View attachment 83028

On Nov. 30, 2021, he tabled Bill C-204 (which never passed the 1st reading, btw) to establish the month of September as "Ukrainian Heritage Month" because:

Posted on the League of Ukranian Canadians (LUC) website (lucorg.com/2022/10/mp-yvan-baker-in-ukraine/, I'm not hotlinking to this one) is a letter by Yvan revealing a trip to Ukraine in the capacity of MP and Chair of the Canada-Ukraine Friendship Group.

They also "met with representatives of key partner NGOs working to help Ukraine rebuild and recover", and "met with a mobile psychosocial assistance team funded through Canadian support to the UN Population Agency and spoke with team members about the important work being done to support survivors of sexual and gender-based violence and other Ukrainians dealing with mental health trauma."

If you are unaware of the LUC, here are four excerpts from Chapter 9:

Also, the Lychakiv Cemetary that Yvan and Sajjan visited is a big place, so I don't know what specific areas they visited, but it happens to be the home of the Ukrainian National Army Memorial which includes soldiers of the SS Galicia Division. Pictured here are members of the 'scouts'-like group Plast.

View attachment 83029

Chapter 10:
Yes

Sometimes it's nazis all-the-way-down...

Maria Zakharova had also weighed in, although much more was said:

Spot on, Maria.
I can't help but think that the Canadian government cheering on and giving a standing ovation to this Nazi is the Divine Cosmic Mind giving Canadians one last chance to wake up to the reality of what our government really stands for. It just couldn't be more obvious and in your face, they are telling us who they are! It remains to be seen if the Canadian people take this opportunity to wake up, can't say I'm overly optimistic given how the vast majority completely supported all the covid measures no matter how cruel and nonsensical they were.

I can't help but think that the Canadian government cheering on and giving a standing ovation to this Nazi is the Divine Cosmic Mind giving Canadians one last chance to wake up to the reality of what our government really stands for. It just couldn't be more obvious and in your face, they are telling us who they are! It remains to be seen if the Canadian people take this opportunity to wake up, can't say I'm overly optimistic given how the vast majority completely supported all the covid measures no matter how cruel and nonsensical they were.
As I Canadian I agree yet I and others are lost. Besides putting this information out on the web and in person - what else can we do?

Some say to stay and fight and some say to leave and fight from a far, I see the pros and cons to both. I know spreading info is key to awareness rising yet what else can we do? Genuinely asking, not saying "Oh well, what can we do"

I have participated in some protests, dialogue in person and off line, staying informed and spreading the info. Yet I feel like this is no where near enough

This is an article from Forward, the Jewish magazine that first revealed Hunka's history. It's about Peter Savaryn who has been mentioned here already. I knew he was president of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta and vice-president of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada. I didn't know he had been a recipient of the Order of Canada.

Exclusive: Canada apologizes for honoring another veteran from unit that fought with Nazis

The representative of King Charles III in Canada expressed ‘deep regret’ for giving elite awards to Peter Savaryn, the former chancellor of the University of Alberta who served with SS Galichina during World War II.

Oct. 3, 2023

Responding to an inquiry from the Forward, the statement from Governor General Mary Simon expressed “deep regret” about Savaryn’s appointment. A spokesperson said the office is also now reviewing two other honors it gave Savaryn: the Golden Jubilee (awarded in 2002) and Diamond Jubilee (awarded in 2012) medals.
Membership in the Order of Canada is only effective during the honoree’s lifetime, so Savaryn, who died in 2017, cannot have his award rescinded.

“The Constitution of the Order of Canada terminates an individual’s membership to the Order upon their death and does not allow to retroactively revoke appointments of deceased persons,” the Governor General’s office said in the statement. “The Chancellery is committed to working with Canadians to ensure our honours system is reflective of Canadian values.

“Historical appointments to the Order of Canada reflect a specific moment in time and would have been based on limited information sources available at that time.

Yeah right.

His Order of Canada award. There have been 7928 awards given out since it's institution on Apr. 17, 1967.

Peter Savaryn- Order of Canada.jpg

And his Golden (2002- 44567 awarded in Canada) and Diamond (2012- 59351 awarded in Canada) Jubilee Medals. He didn't receive the Platinum Jubilee Award because he died in 2017. Incidentally, the Canadian Gov. had been issuing Jubilee Awards since at least 1897, but opted out of issuing a Platinum Award in 2022. In response, the individual Provinces issued their own to mark Queen Elisabeth's 70th. I guess Trudeau's gov. hated the Queen.

Peter Savaryn- Golden Jubilee.jpg

Peter Savaryn- Dimond Jubilee.jpg

As I Canadian I agree yet I and others are lost. Besides putting this information out on the web and in person - what else can we do?

Some say to stay and fight and some say to leave and fight from a far, I see the pros and cons to both. I know spreading info is key to awareness rising yet what else can we do? Genuinely asking, not saying "Oh well, what can we do"

I have participated in some protests, dialogue in person and off line, staying informed and spreading the info. Yet I feel like this is no where near enough

Without a real answer, people are pretty much in a state of deep trauma as you are aware, and it is hard to watch (i.e., especially friends and family), and you can help lead, yet the cup is theirs to do what they will, so there is no forcing said will.

There is also a certain momentum in both directions; the political face and those that have been appalled by what they have seen, which can happen in stages - look at the Truckers and the support. Who saw that coming?

The other aspect of 'what else we can do" is to keep working on oneself, network, and also know that emerging from whatever it is we face will require people like you to help. At some point people will need to come together (OSIT).

If not listened to, check this out:

Alberta to require masks in hospital emergency departments.

Premier Smith Comments After Alberta Health Mandates Masking in Acute Care Facilities

- Danielle Smith says: "I believe that if Albertans want to wear a mask, they should. AHS has announced their decision to implement a new masking protocol in AHS acute care facilities," Ms. Smith said in a statement to The Epoch Times on Oct. 11.

"We recognize that AHS currently has the autonomy to make this decision. It is my expectation that no Albertan will be denied access to health care.

- From the AHS quoted by The Epoch Times reporter: "AHS also said that if patients, family, support persons, or visitors “decline to mask, the health care team should work collaboratively with them to find the most appropriate and safest solution for the situation.”

At the end of the article, these points The Epoch Times reported further:

- "The B.C. government announced at the end of September that it would be reinstating mask mandates at all health care settings province-wide, as did several hospitals in Ontario.

Ms. Smith said that her government appointed the Public Health Emergencies Governance Review Panel, which is headed by veteran politician Preston Manning, to review legislation and policy.

She said Mr. Manning will be providing recommendations to “improve government and the health care system's response to public health emergencies in the future.”

“This report will be submitted to cabinet by November 15, 2023 and will help inform future changes,” said Ms. Smith
."

Without a real answer, people are pretty much in a state of deep trauma as you are aware, and it is hard to watch (i.e., especially friends and family), and you can help lead, yet the cup is theirs to do what they will, so there is no forcing said will.

There is also a certain momentum in both directions; the political face and those that have been appalled by what they have seen, which can happen in stages - look at the Truckers and the support. Who saw that coming?

The other aspect of 'what else we can do" is to keep working on oneself, network, and also know that emerging from whatever it is we face will require people like you to help. At some point people will need to come together (OSIT).
This was a grounded response that brought some clarity, especially I cannot force people to act or think in a certain way. To continue to pour into my cup to have enough energy to pour into others and keep networking. As an Albertan I speak with MANY people who are pissed at our govt and starting to come together. Some are still divided, while others are looking past the liberal/ conservative (planned) division

Thank you kindly <3

If not listened to, check this out:
Thanks Voyageur. Yes, I had seen this one already, but since you posted it I watched again, which was good because I had forgotten many details. I lifted a few quotes that grabbed me.

Elan: ...But it's a very interesting turn of events that in the 1950s when the office of strategic intelligence, or the OSS in the US, transformed into the CIA, that there were a great deal of Ukrainian nationalists and fascists that were brought into the Canadian society and had positions of power in various places. It was those individuals in some cases, that had presented and foisted this narrative of Russia's genocide against the Ukraine which was really a tool of Cold Qar propaganda.

So that's how far back this perception, this narrative goes in western thinking and in the history of contemporary propaganda. The Banderists were propped up by Hitler and the Nazi regime and god knows, they did their level best to do a lot of evil in the Ukraine as well. This was a right wing, needless to say, pseudo-Nazi ideology.

Elan: But by the same token, we're seeing developments again in the Ukraine and movements to egg the Ukraine on into stronger relationships to NATO and the US hegemonic sphere of influence - Belarus as well and other places - that would seek to keep alive the Cold War politics. One could argue it never should have gotten as bad as it did in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, but certainly there is a streak of thinking, of people in positions of power that would seek to revive this way of keeping the enemy alive because it's in keeping the enemy alive that is their purpose for living, their raison d'être, if I'm pronouncing that correctly.

Elan: ...It's fascinating to see how this totalitarianism that the west has been railing about for 70 years that has employed intelligence agencies and covert wars and all kinds of resources, is the same types of people that are helping to bring it about here, particularly in the US but also in other places.

Adam: This is kind of the way that propaganda on both sides is used to justify or excuse all kinds of mass atrocities one way or another...

I watched again, which was good because I had forgotten many details. I lifted a few quotes that grabbed me.

From the quotes (2019), and in light of the years that have past, all so very applicable now.

There are certainly those who seems to like to throw down the Holodomor card every time Ukraine is brought up. Yes, those years were hard, however it was not the whole story, and yet for some it is enough justification to maintain their unbridled support.

As an Albertan I speak with MANY people who are pissed at our govt and starting to come together. Some are still divided, while others are looking past the liberal/ conservative (planned) division

As a provincial Wild Rose neighbor, indeed some have slowly shifted, which stands to reason when their families are under attack and they can't afford simple groceries, or they are barely able to drive to work. When they notice that crime is exceeding past their memories in a society that has become largely predatory at the top and, explosive at the bottom. Meanwhile, they must endure the doubling down of idiocy, all within a broken bureaucratic system of control. So yes, there is a wee bit of an equalizer growing that may overshadow some of these past enforced divides, at least for awhile.

Reminded - August 27/2022:

Q: (Toronto group) Canada is still punishing the unvaxxed with unemployment, travel bans, even denying medical transplants. Why is Canada the outlier compared to the other countries, and will this end soon?

A: It will end when Canadians say so.

Q:
(L) Well, why is Canada doing this?

A: Experiment on "tough" people.

Q: (L) So they're trying to see how far they can push people who are reputed to be tough and not pushable.

Edit: In looking for a particular quote, @Ben had it here Albeit cited on the Israel situation, it is applicable to many "controlling actions," osit.

I've felt such a dark, heavy energy in the last two days. The messages coming from the Israeli government are chilling. They will surely go further than ever but they themselves will never really understand why. The forces driving them are acting out of desperation. That may cause chaos, but shows they are operating from a place of weakness, not strength. Meanwhile we are getting stronger, if we can just hold ourselves together individually and collectively.

Q: (L) Could it be said that what we're doing is actually inducing these controlling actions?

A:
Yes but that is actually good because it means that their desperation is being driven and they will make more mistakes and turn the masses against them sooner.

Q: (L) So the more positive things we do, and the more creative we become, the more it drives them to try to suppress and repress things in indirect ways to try to suppress and repress us without suppressing and repressing us directly - because that would be too obvious - and by so doing, they show their hand so to speak?

A:
Yes

Q: (Joe) That's what happens with guerrilla warfare, ya know?

Last edited:
Welcome to Canada...

Edmonton family 'traumatized' by police tactical siege in false kidnapping case​

Potts said he received an apology from the RCMP officer in charge and has been provided with a number to call to claim the damages to his home.

He said he hasn't heard from anyone at EPS.

"I can't even believe that the police think they can get away with these actions. Who holds these people accountable?" he asked.

Back
Top Bottom