Canadian Orwellian world: Lockdowns, vaccines passports and more

And also

The last paragraph...
After hearings and submissions in October and November 2023, the College’s Discipline Committee published their decision on January 12, 2024, dismissing all charges against Ms. McInnes. In their decision, the Discipline Committee stated that the case against Ms. McInnes should not have even proceeded to a hearing.

The last paragraph...

And these:

When Covid vaccines were introduced and voluntarily received in the spring and summer of 2021, the question of vaccine mandates was publicly debated across Canada.

On June 30, 2021, the Saskatchewan Government indicated that it would not enforce a vaccine mandate because doing so would pose a “potential violation of health information privacy,” and, later, that it would “infringe on people’s personal rights.” The Saskatchewan Government also stated that a vaccine mandate for provincial employees was not being considered and, on September 10, 2021, rejected a proof-of-vaccination system, stating that mandates create “two classes of citizens based on… vaccination status,” and would be a “divisive path for a government to take.” Similar sentiments were echoed by Alberta’s Jason Kenney and Ontario’s Doug Ford, who claimed it would lead to a “split society.”

Around the same time, the Saskatchewan Union of Nurses was calling for the “mandatory immunization” of all healthcare workers–a demand repeated by many, including Saskatchewan NDP leader Ryan Meili and a group of Saskatchewan Health Authority’s Medical Health Officers.

The Unions, not just for heath care, were fired up all over the country and were quick to make deals with governing bodies. Unions brokered backroom deals letting many many people down. They were very complicit. What normally would be routs for grievances, were shut down - deferred.

By September 20th, 2021, a Monday, Justin Trudeau's government was brought back to power, and the next day it was all over - the Green Light they were waiting for became a landslide of unions, employers (public and private), who immediatly doubled down, rolled over their workers and enforced what they had said they would not enforce.

I'm glad Leah was vindicated.

This from Alberta:

This audio clip of a conversation on X is a harrowing story. A family of a 13 year old girl with cancer, left her alone at the hospital for about an hour. In the short time the family was away, doctors and nurses at the hospital had convinced the girl to sign a document authorization her to commit suicide using the MAID program. Once the document was signed, the family had no recourse and could not intervene to stop the procedure.

Two and a half minutes...

This audio clip of a conversation on X is a harrowing story. A family of a 13 year old girl with cancer, left her alone at the hospital for about an hour. In the short time the family was away, doctors and nurses at the hospital had convinced the girl to sign a document authorization her to commit suicide using the MAID program. Once the document was signed, the family had no recourse and could not intervene to stop the procedure.
This sounds too horrible to be true, and in my opinion it is not. MAID is not available to individuals under 18 and I can't imagine how they would get away with killing this girl like that.

From wikipedia:

Availability under the law​

Under Canadian law, a person may access euthanasia only if they meet all of the following criteria:[18]

(a) be eligible for health services funded by the federal government, or a province or territory (or during the applicable minimum period of residence or waiting period for eligibility);

(b) be at least 18 years old and mentally competent (capable of making health care decisions for yourself);

(c) have a grievous and irremediable medical condition;

(d) make a voluntary request for MAID that is not the result of outside pressure or influence; and

(e) give informed consent to receive MAID.

This sounds too horrible to be true, and in my opinion it is not. MAID is not available to individuals under 18 and I can't imagine how they would get away with killing this girl like that.

From wikipedia:
Indeed, the story is told second hand and difficult to verify at this point. Several comments on the tweet expressed a similar view that she would be too young to legally agree to MAID. Whereas a couple other commenters said that the law concerning age of consent was recently lowered by the government to the age of 13, but can't find confirmation of that either.

The woman the speaker references at the beginning of the audio recording is Jamie Salé, a professional figure skater who won an Olympic gold medal for pairs skating in 2002. I follow her on Twitter and for the most part find her opinions ranging from vaxx mandates to transgender athletes to be objectively accurate and truthful.

Here's how wikipedia describes her...

Jamie Salé - Wikipedia

Political views and conspiracy theories​

Salé and Theo Fleury host The Theo & Jamie Show: Fire and Ice, an online program with the Calgary-based conservative media outlet Canadians for Truth.[1] She has compared Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to Adolf Hitler, promoted conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccines,[1]called the use of face masks on children a form of "child abuse"[26] and referred to vaccine mandates as "medical rape".[27]

So yeah, hard to say at this point whether the story is factual, but knowing how the Canadian government operates these days, it certainly seems possible.

Indeed, the story is told second hand and difficult to verify at this point. Several comments on the tweet expressed a similar view that she would be too young to legally agree to MAID. Whereas a couple other commenters said that the law concerning age of consent was recently lowered by the government to the age of 13, but can't find confirmation of that either.

The woman the speaker references at the beginning of the audio recording is Jamie Salé, a professional figure skater who won an Olympic gold medal for pairs skating in 2002. I follow her on Twitter and for the most part find her opinions ranging from vaxx mandates to transgender athletes to be objectively accurate and truthful.

Jamie Salé - Wikipedia

So yeah, hard to say at this point whether the story is factual, but knowing how the Canadian government operates these days, it certainly seems possible.

In my view Theo doesn't really fact check, he's more of a conservative ideologue. That leaves him pretty open to COINTELPRO. He's right about a lot of things, and given his hockey history and therefore public reputation - as well as his work to overcome sexual abuse trauma and speak openly about it - he's been a good voice to have in the Canadian media space. Like many conservatives, tho, I've noticed he will tend to jump on a bandwagon that fits the narrative of evil leftists globalists. Might be the same for Jamie, I haven't heard much from her.

Jamie Salé - Wikipedia

Thank you for providing more details. I agree that knowing how the Canadian government works these days, it seems possible.

The first time, I may have posted too impulsively after just checking Wikipedia. Now I did a thorough search and still can't find anything about the age of consent being lowered. The law like this would probably get at least a little mention somewhere.

Supposedly there have been some social media posts that have caused people to spread false information about the matter. If the law was indeed changed, there should be the details to validate it on the government websites.

There are some documents such as the Report of the Special Joint Committee on MAID, which recommends changing the eligibility criteria for MAID to include mature minors. However, it seems that the government has no plans to do that at the moment. So, fortunately, I think the likelihood of this story being true is very low.

The only thing I could confirm is the CBC article mentioned at the end of the audio clip. It seems to be this one:

Insanity knows no limits...

"Just when you thought Canada couldn’t get any more Stalinist, an MP from the country’s far-left NDP party is calling for any speech that “promotes fossil fuels” – even truthful statements like comparing the relative emissions of natural gas to coal – to be banned and criminalized."

07 Feb 2024

NDP bill would prescribe jail terms for speaking well of fossil fuels​

An NDP bill is seeking to criminalize the “promotion” of fossil fuels, and prescribe jail time even for Canadians who say scientifically true things such as how burning natural gas is cleaner than burning coal.

C-372, also known as the Fossil Fuel Advertising Act, was tabled Monday as a private member’s bill by Charlie Angus, the MP for Timmins-James Bay and a longtime member of the NDP caucus. ...

He added that the oil and gas sector was trafficking in “disinformation” and “killing people.” ...

As a private member’s bill introduced by the member of a party with only 25 seats in the House of Commons, Bill C-372 has almost zero chance of passing. But as written, the act would technically apply to any Canadian who is found to be speaking well of the oil industry, or of oil generally.

It is prohibited for a person to promote a fossil fuel, a fossil fuel-related brand element or the production of a fossil fuel,” reads the act. Violate this as a regular citizen, and the act prescribes summary conviction and a fine of up to $500,000. Violate it as an oil company, and the punishment could be as strict as two years in jail or a fine of $1,000,000.

The act also criminalizes a laundry list of common pro-oil and gas arguments, even ones that have a reliable basis in fact. ...

ZeroHedge from where I borrowed the opening paragraph, takes it apart. Tyler Durden also thinks the bill is not likely to become law
Realistically, C-372 has about as much chance of passing as a Liz Warren bill, but the NDP’s do prop up Justin Trudeau’s Liberal Party in a slim minority ruling coalition – they could, in theory, jam it through.

but according to CBC, it has supporters:
"We welcome the NDP's bill to the House. Advertisement has a big role to play in public perception, and the industry is racking in record profits," said Kaitlin Power, press secretary to the environment minister. "We will carefully assess their bill and look forward to productive debates and discussions around this important issue."

The whole article makes interesting reading

Insanity knows no limits...

"Just when you thought Canada couldn’t get any more Stalinist, an MP from the country’s far-left NDP party is calling for any speech that “promotes fossil fuels” – even truthful statements like comparing the relative emissions of natural gas to coal – to be banned and criminalized."

Insane considering that

Canada’s oil and natural gas industry is active in 12 of 13 provinces and territories. Canada is the fourth largest producer of oil in the world and is the sixth largest producer of natural gas in the world.

Canada’s oil and natural gas production contributes billions of dollars to the country’s GDP and creates thousands of jobs each year.

It's unlikely to pass. But who knows? I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

If it wouldn't put hundreds of thousands of lives in danger, I'd like them to try and keep warm the people of Northern Alberta just using solar and wind power only for a couple of days in any given winter month 🥶 And I am not even talking of the Northern Territories and Yukon and Nunavut.

Here is an interactive map of the 96 churches that have been burned in Canada. TNC states that the catalyst for this vandalism was the 'discovery' of human remains at the residential school in Kamloops, BC (revealed to be most likely untrue).

What a mess.

Laura said:
(Pierre) I wanted to ask about Notre Dame de Paris. Was it an accident?

A: No

Q: (Pierre) Now, a lot of conspiracy theories are about this massive real estate project, making money, etc. What was the fundamental motive of this arson at Notre Dame?

A: Destruction of symbol: Our Lady Mother, i.e. Earth.

Q: (Pierre) I noticed often in those false flag operations they have prepared in advance a conspiracy theory for the mass audience. Here the conspiracy theory is money. It's about getting oil, getting fancy buildings. But really, behind that, the real perpetrators are working on deeper things like symbols, ideologies, feelings.

(L) Symbols are so important. It's like the movie V for Vendetta. He was talking about Parliament as a symbol.

The symbolic war in Canada is in full swing. Given the oil and gas speech ban above, I wouldn't be surprised if some bill is tabled making questioning the residential school narrative a hate crime.

I wouldn't be surprised if some bill is tabled making questioning the residential school narrative a hate crime.

It has already been suggested, the language being denialism of residential schools, which I don't think anyone denies, nor do they deny there were abuses. When it comes to mass graves of the genocide kind, it is a little more problematical. Seems like their language is mow skipping over that part - the part that has never been properly investigated nor evidence produced, yet not exactly. Last year they did come together:

Last year, Gazan brought forward a motion to the House of Commons that called on Parliament to recognize the residential school system as genocide, which it did.

Here its the "system" not graves per se.

Looking forward, the government of Canada is in a bit of a bind, having trouble saying Palestine is a genocide and taking some heat from both sides. Of course, they never in the early days called Donbass a genocide, and forget their other cozy genocidal war support (pick a country) under current or past governments.

Recently in BC (unless living under a rock and not knowing where the pendulum is swinging), Bruce Pardy looks to the UN's UNDRIP and the BC government (with more to follow), seeding veto rights on all crown lands.

[...]
The B.C. government plans to share management of Crown land with First Nations. The scheme will apply not to limited sections of public land here and there, but across the province. The government quietly opened public consultations on the proposal last week. According to the scant materials, the government will amend the B.C. Land Act to incorporate agreements with Indigenous governing bodies.

Indeed, all is going to change:

It will “set up a whole new norm,“ “give teeth to (UNDRIP),” and move the province away, if “not fully,” from the Westminster model of governance. The veto to be conferred on Indigenous interest groups, they said, will mean that “consent will not be given very often, if at all.”

“We’re not talking small changes; we’re talking big changes,” one speaker suggested, adding that money provided by the government so far hasn’t been enough.

“Compensation for sacred sites, for lands taken, for relocation … it’s going to be an overwhelming number of compensation claims … and so I’m hoping that the province is ready for that…. Life (in B.C.) can and will change.”

Back to genocide. It's very sad that while the business of covid was taking place, the natives themselves fell under the spellbinders in a big way, as Health Canada and their pharma partners moved mountains to ensure that they were first in line for one, two and all the boosters. In my community, many are now gone. Nothing to see here... look, there is Putin.

It has already been suggested, the language being denialism of residential schools, which I don't think anyone denies, nor do they deny there were abuses. When it comes to mass graves of the genocide kind, it is a little more problematical. Seems like their language is mow skipping over that part - the part that has never been properly investigated nor evidence produced, yet not exactly. Last year they did come together:

Looking forward, the government of Canada is in a bit of a bind, having trouble saying Palestine is a genocide and taking some heat from both sides. Of course, they never in the early days called Donbass a genocide, and forget their other cozy genocidal war support (pick a country) under current or past governments.

Recently in BC (unless living under a rock and not knowing where the pendulum is swinging), Bruce Pardy looks to the UN's UNDRIP and the BC government (with more to follow), seeding veto rights on all crown lands.

Back to genocide. It's very sad that while the business of covid was taking place, the natives themselves fell under the spellbinders in a big way, as Health Canada and their pharma partners moved mountains to ensure that they were first in line for one, two and all the boosters. In my community, many are now gone. Nothing to see here... look, there is Putin.

This all reminds me of land reform during certain periods of Communism.

'Land reform' sounds like such a nice, cozy term. In Mao's China, I've heard estimates of up to 1 million landlords killed during the first wave of land reform, redistributing private land to the peasants.

So in Canada we've had the woke ideology going strong for a while now. It's crazy to consider, but it seems in BC at least there is a push to start in on the woke version of land reform. It makes the ideology a factor in geography, beyond just the social space. Somehow, it seems like a step deeper into the contemporary version of Communism, WEF la-la land.

The UNDRIP policy looks to be addressing historical injustice (lots of mistreatment of Natives, as you say, from smallpox warfare, 60's scoop to land theft and ongoing real racism against Natives) but there is something sinister about it.

It could be that like Mao's China, where there were waves of land reform, used strategically at different times. So if Crown Land falls under this UNDRIP policy, then that may open the door to another wave of 'land reform' against property owned by private industry, at which point BC will probably deindustrialize. Decolonization for the win...

I think it is going ahead in BC because there are so few treaties signed here. As I learned a while ago, most land in BC was not 'ceded' by Treaty, but rather simply taken by the Mckenna-McBride Commission with a few pen strokes. Cole Harris' book Making Native Space gets into the details. So this is all a hangover from that period. Now land claims, sovereignty and jurisdiction are complex and uncertain. Same with something like justice, I just don't know what justice looks like in such a situation.

In walks the WEF or UNDRIP with an easy solution.

Nathan Cullen has pulled back on the Land Reform plan, essentially due to backlash, and saying the government needs more time to inform the public of the benefits of shared decision-making.

This thread should serve to expose any events happening in Canada against its citizens.

A new dangerous law is being voted at Federal Level : C-63
C-63, une atteinte à la liberté d'expression extrêmement grave

C-63, an extremely serious attack on freedom of expression

According to Me Olivier Séguin, the additional powers that Bill-63 would confer to the federal government would allow the Trudeau cabinet to control and censor all social media services in Canada. Analysis of a new Orwellian slippage.
It would take a dozen pages to deal with all the threats to freedom of expression contained in the Online Harms Act (Bill C-63), presented to the House of Commons on February 26. Here are some of the more serious aspects, in the limited space available to us.

It is commendable to require online platforms to remove revenge porn and other non-consensual sharing of intimate images, content that intimidates children, sexually victimizes them or encourages them to harm themselves, as well as content that incites violence, terrorism or hatred.
However, all hell is paved with good intentions, and there is no justification for passing additional laws that duplicate what the Criminal Code already prohibits.

Crimes already prohibited
Section 162.1(1) of the Criminal Code already prohibits the publication, online or offline, of intimate images without consent. Section 163 already prohibits the publication of obscene material and child pornography.

Section 319 (1) already prohibits public incitement of hatred towards a group identifiable by race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and other personal characteristics.

Finally, section 22 of the Criminal Code already prohibits advising, procuring, soliciting or inciting another person to participate in a criminal act, with guilt being recognized if the person who received the advice commits the offense.

Section 464 goes even further by criminalizing the act of advising the commission of a criminal act even if this offense is not committed.

A citizen who has not committed a crime may be subject to court-ordered restrictions on his liberty simply because someone fears that he will commit a "speech offense."
The onus is on supporters of the Online Harm Act to clearly justify why they believe existing legislation is inadequate to tackle “harmful” online content.

New Orwellian powers
If passed, the Online Harms Act will establish a completely new body, the Digital Safety Commission, which will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations adopted by the federal cabinet without intervention by Parliament.

This is how, under their new regulatory powers, Mr. Trudeau and others will have the freedom to control and censor all social media services in Canada, by defining what we have the right or not. to say.

Concretely, the Online Harms Act will add section 810.012 to the Criminal Code, under which a complainant will be able to assert that they "fear" that a person will promote "genocide", hatred or anti-Semitism.

If a judge considers that his fear is justified by “reasonable grounds”, he can immediately require the accused to take one of the following measures: wear an ankle bracelet, respect a protective covering fire and stay at home, refrain from consuming alcohol, drugs, or both, provide bodily substances (e.g., blood or urine), refrain from communicating with certain designated individuals, do not not go to certain places, etc.

In other words, a citizen who has not committed a crime may be subject to court-ordered restrictions on his freedom simply because someone fears that he will commit a “speech offense.” A person's refusal to accept these restrictions can result in imprisonment of up to two years.

With regard to the Criminal Code offense of glorifying genocide, the Online Harms Act would increase the maximum prison sentence from five years to life.

Also read: The noose is tightening around freedoms in Quebec
L’étau se resserre autour des libertés au Québec

Are the pro-Palestine demonstrators who chant “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free” advocating genocide? Some will answer in the affirmative, others in the negative. Estonia, Germany and the Czech Republic called the slogan criminal speech. The Dutch Supreme Court ruled that the slogan was acceptable.

Within our borders, in Calgary, a man was recently charged by police for using this same slogan, before the charge was dropped.

Do we really want the government to be able to use its powers to decide whether a controversial slogan constitutes a call for genocide? Given the eminently subjective nature inherent in such an exercise, we agree that the current sentence of five years' imprisonment is already largely sufficient.

The Online Harms Act would give the Canadian Human Rights Commission new powers to prosecute and punish offensive (but not criminal) comments if, in the subjective opinion of bureaucrats, a person is deemed "hateful."
The dictatorship of feeling

Moreover, the Online Harm Act will offer endless possibilities to those who, offended, will fight against their ideological adversaries by filing a complaint, even anonymously.
Worse, people found guilty by the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal may be required to pay up to $50,000 to the government, and up to $20,000 to the person designated as a "victim", the latter not having no need to prove that she suffered damage, other than by showing that she felt offended.

Many citizens will self-censor to avoid being prosecuted by the Commission. Canadians who demonstrate the courage to continue to exercise their freedom of expression will find many of their opinions removed from the Internet by the operators of social media sites and platforms, for fear of falling foul of federal regulations. .

Also read: Justin Trudeau: an authoritarian leader?

There is no doubt that all of the above promises to have a considerable chilling effect on freedom of expression.

Olivier Séguin is a lawyer and Quebec director of the Legal Center for Constitutional Freedoms (jccf.ca).

Back
Top Bottom