Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
loreta said:
angelburst29 said:
Sometimes, you come across interesting articles in a strange way. I happen to be reading an article on food storage when I came across a link for "More Great real-world Survival Lessons from Ukraine" posted Wednesday, March 4, 2015 in a Survival blog. It describes first hand accounts, of going through "check-points" and what's confiscated or allowed, how best to handle "home searches" and discussions on certain brands of phone's and radio's and electrical supplies in an emergency. Most shy away from generators, due to the noise factor and the need to have certain supplies on hand, like rolled plastic and duct tape for windows (to better protect those inside from shrapnel hitting the ground outside.) One blogger stressed - not wearing cameo or anything that might resemble military attire, especially with forces from both sides of the conflict fighting in the area (Ukraine). Types of medical supplies being used to treat some of the wounded are listed.

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/2015/03/more-great-real-world-survival-lessons.html

OK, some more great real-world lessons from Ukraine and thoughts being translated from Russian speaking forums. I think some folks here will get an aneurysm when they read about big cities being better, people being stuck in the war zone "because of my farm" and big off-road BOB vehicles not being that great an idea. (off road vehicles are actually being confiscated for official use of either faction, expensive cars are being stolen at checkpoints)

The following quotes have been translated by Sygata from a Russian forum and he kindly let me use them here. I fixed a few typos and spelling errors here and there for clarity.

Thank you very much Angelburst29 for this article. There is so much vital information and thinking about the survivalist perspective. And more than that, it gives you an idea how it is life in the day by day over there, the difficulties, the problems, etc. Really, these people are admirable. All people that live in a situation of war are admirable, under my point of vue.

Thank you again.

Yes, thank you angelburst29, I also read it in whole and it gives a lot of good advice indeed. It seems to me that despite all the horrors of this war, the people of East Ukraine are much better prepared (both psychologically and with their newly acquired skills and knowledge) for what may come in the future, than the majority of world population.

Interesting article in Fort russ - The two pillars of Russian Maidan or what did Nemtsov and Strelkov have in common?

http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/03/the-two-pillars-of-russian-maidan-or.html?m=1

In it the liberals and conservatives are linked into one US effort to attack Putin. Also some info on the troubles within the Donbass rebels in the summer and Russian involvement

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
Interesting article in Fort russ - The two pillars of Russian Maidan or what did Nemtsov and Strelkov have in common?

http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/03/the-two-pillars-of-russian-maidan-or.html?m=1

In it the liberals and conservatives are linked into one US effort to attack Putin. Also some info on the troubles within the Donbass rebels in the summer and Russian involvement
Thanks Jermy, that is a long complicated story. For those who do not read the whole story, here is one of many interesting passages:

http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/03/the-two-pillars-of-russian-maidan-or.html?m=1 said:
[...] https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0b7yi816l-0
[Kristina Rus summarizes the video:][In the video above Kurginyan passionately asks a few questions:

1. What was the reason for Strelkov to give up Slavyansk?

2. What about the people who are being slaughtered there now?

3. Who gave him a corridor and were did the negotiations took place? (and everyone knows about it, he retreated without losses, indicating it was arranged)

4. Why did Strelkov give his word that he will stay there until the end?

5. I (Kurginyan) give my word, that Strelkov got everything (artillery, anti-tank etc) he needed, there is no longer a technical imbalance, so why is he crying that there is no aid???

6. Why did he depart at the very moment when the technical imbalance dissipated, and when there was no pressure on the city from the Ukrainian side? [also the word is all that aid was left behind for the Ukrainians]

7. Three days before the surrender, the Ukrainian side began preparing camps for the residents/militia of Slavyansk, how did they know about the upcoming withdrawal?

8. Why are the commanders being pushed against each other? (a classic method of victory without battle)

9. Why was Strelkov supposed to (trying to) perform some punitive functions against the other militia groups immediately after the departure from Slavyansk?

Conclusion: This was a military crime, and Strelkov has to answer for it. The situation is dire, but it needs to be brought before the masses, and it can be reversed.

Elsewhere, Kurgynyan also wondered why was Strelkov the only commander who got so much attention in the media and blogosphere? And why promote someone as if for an election, when the nearest election was several years away, unless there would be an early election? -KR][...]

Jeremy F Kreuz said:

Thank you for the link. It is a long article, but part of the point being made is that Strelkov serve the same interests that Russian Liberals serve. Strelkov says he supports Putin, BUT at the same time he does what he can to blame Putin for not invading Ukraine etc. and thus betraying the Russian people in Donbass. Strelkov has a good PR team that puts him in a good heroic superman light, a light that none of the other militsia commanders are put in. And yet Strelkov apparently had signed a paper back in the summer 2014, that surrendered Donetsk.

Interesting article and well worth reading...or skimming as I did.

angelburst29 said:
Sometimes, you come across interesting articles in a strange way. I happen to be reading an article on food storage when I came across a link for "More Great real-world Survival Lessons from Ukraine" posted Wednesday, March 4, 2015 in a Survival blog. It describes first hand accounts, of going through "check-points" and what's confiscated or allowed, how best to handle "home searches" and discussions on certain brands of phone's and radio's and electrical supplies in an emergency. Most shy away from generators, due to the noise factor and the need to have certain supplies on hand, like rolled plastic and duct tape for windows (to better protect those inside from shrapnel hitting the ground outside.) One blogger stressed - not wearing cameo or anything that might resemble military attire, especially with forces from both sides of the conflict fighting in the area (Ukraine). Types of medical supplies being used to treat some of the wounded are listed.

OK, some more great real-world lessons from Ukraine and thoughts being translated from Russian speaking forums. I think some folks here will get an aneurysm when they read about big cities being better, people being stuck in the war zone "because of my farm" and big off-road BOB vehicles not being that great an idea. (off road vehicles are actually being confiscated for official use of either faction, expensive cars are being stolen at checkpoints)

The following quotes have been translated by Sygata from a Russian forum and he kindly let me use them here. I fixed a few typos and spelling errors here and there for clarity.

Thank you for sharing that, angelburst29. It's very valuable information because it discusses points many survivalist websites don't consider, particularly with regard to radios and smartphones. What surprised me, though, unless I happened to miss it, is that there wasn't any mention of the military confiscating food supplies. Wouldn't they find a lot of water and canned food suspicious, as if you were getting aid from the other side? Also, how would you prove you're not in the military if they find basic hunting supplies on you? It shows how important it is to combat normalcy bias and leave a potential war zone ASAP if possible.

I came across this 2 articles, I am putting them here in case anyone knows more or is familiar with this sources (I am not)

_http://munchies.vice.com/articles/a-black-market-for-tainted-meat-is-flourishing-in-ukraine

A black market for tainted meat is flourishing in Ukraine: a recent investigation into the country’s black market for meat has revealed that tainted beef, pork, and chicken are being trafficked into the country and fed to both schoolchildren and hospital patients.Workers told reporters that when they complained, they were fired.

_https://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/bad-meat-big-money-taint-ukraines-food-industry-382391.html

Businesses in Ukraine have been buying meat from companies abroad that have been guilty of selling unsafe meat to Eastern Europe. It might be still happening. Assuming consumers don't want to become vegetarians, they can better protect themselves by avoiding processed or frozen meats and buying meat that is fresh, grown in Ukraine and hasn't been frozen.

One source of the unsafe meat was a plant in Bad Bentheim, Germany, where ARD German television found former workers who say were ordered to mix spoiled ground meat, essentially waste product from other plants, with fresh meat. Meat from this company was sold into Eastern Europe including Ukraine by the plant's owner, Trinity Gmbh, a company in Lower Saxony which boasts on its website that it is the “masters in meat processing."

When workers complained about what was going on, they say they were fired and then threatened.

One ton of bad meat is mixed with three tons of normal meat," the workers told the ARD reporters. “They say they were forced to mix spoiled ground chicken with fresh ground chicken."

Leonarda said:
I came across this 2 articles, I am putting them here in case anyone knows more or is familiar with this sources (I am not)

_http://munchies.vice.com/articles/a-black-market-for-tainted-meat-is-flourishing-in-ukraine

A black market for tainted meat is flourishing in Ukraine: a recent investigation into the country’s black market for meat has revealed that tainted beef, pork, and chicken are being trafficked into the country and fed to both schoolchildren and hospital patients.Workers told reporters that when they complained, they were fired.

_https://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/bad-meat-big-money-taint-ukraines-food-industry-382391.html

Businesses in Ukraine have been buying meat from companies abroad that have been guilty of selling unsafe meat to Eastern Europe. It might be still happening. Assuming consumers don't want to become vegetarians, they can better protect themselves by avoiding processed or frozen meats and buying meat that is fresh, grown in Ukraine and hasn't been frozen.

One source of the unsafe meat was a plant in Bad Bentheim, Germany, where ARD German television found former workers who say were ordered to mix spoiled ground meat, essentially waste product from other plants, with fresh meat. Meat from this company was sold into Eastern Europe including Ukraine by the plant's owner, Trinity Gmbh, a company in Lower Saxony which boasts on its website that it is the “masters in meat processing."

When workers complained about what was going on, they say they were fired and then threatened.

One ton of bad meat is mixed with three tons of normal meat," the workers told the ARD reporters. “They say they were forced to mix spoiled ground chicken with fresh ground chicken."

Thank you for sharing those two articles, Leonarda. The implications are utterly horrendous - in illness and additional suffering, even death, especially with tainted chicken. Four tons is a large supply and then to distribute to a population in Eastern Ukraine that is already compromised by War, is beyond words.

The day to day struggles come in many forms, when life is disrupted by war. Some folks are getting temporary housing according this article with video and photo.

Modular camp for refugees was opened in Zaporizhzhia
http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/02/20/modular-camp-refugees-opened-zaporizhzhia/

Feb. 20, 2015 - ZAPORIZHIA, Ukraine – On Monday, February 16 the German Consul General in Ukraine, Detlef Walter opened a transit camp for internally displaced people. The total cost of the construction was 2.5 million EUR. The project was approved by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The construction was implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit with the support from State Emergency Service of Ukraine.

The opening of the camp was delayed for almost two months. Originally it was scheduled to open in December 2014, however the local municipality could not agree on utility tariffs. Currently, the living cost is standing at UAH 319 (less than USD 12) per month, per person.

This camp is considered to be a transit facility for refugees and the length of stay varies from one to six months. During this time, refugees have to find employment and their own living accommodations.

The 2.47 acres camp can accommodate 544 people. Currently, it is already partially populated, mostly by large families and disabled from Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts which have been forced to evacuate to escape fighting in East Ukraine.

All these modular homes are equipped with beds, wardrobe closets, mattresses, bedding sets, necessary furniture, free internet access, refrigerators, and bathrooms. There is also a children’s playground on the premises.

Similar camps opened in Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk.

Niall said:
Kolomoyskiy is not the president of the European Jewish Congress. In fact, he's not even on their Board: http://www.eurojewcong.org/about-us/ejc-executive-committee.html

I could find NOTHING on the Vanguard Corporation and Ukraine. And nothing on 'Peter van Byurren'. There is a Peter van Buren, who was apparently a big-shot State Dept official who blew the whistle on corrupt US govt practises: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_van_Buren

With zero sources provided, I'd say this is all spurious BS.

What you assume under "zero source"? I don't expect that something about the most powerful company will be enlightened in the media.

What would you like to know about Vanguard Corporation? There're several articles and explanations about Vanguard and it's connection with Ukraine, Syria, Iraq conflict.

Even mentioned that Monsanto is managed by Vanguard.

The development plan of the international relations the current year in a number of aspects becomes critical. Today the group of investors-owners of group on management of assets of "Vanguard" controlling tens of trillions dollars of investors and all largest world corporations, including Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Cheney, clans Rotshildov, Busha Rokfellerov and many other influential people, practically monopolized foreign and defensive policy of the USA.

Edit:quote added

Another development in the Nemtsov murder case:

Nemtsov murder suspect blows himself up as more arrests made
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/11457476/Nemtsov-murder-suspect-blows-himself-up-as-more-arrests-made.html

A suspect in the murder of Russian opposition politician Boris Nemtsov blew himself up with a grenade as police tried to detain him in Chechnya, it has been reported.

Officers surrounded the man at an apartment in Grozny on Saturday evening, but he was killed by a hand grenade that exploded as he tossed it towards them, a law enforcement source told Interfax.

Another of the six suspects, Zaur Dadayev, reportedly admitted on Sunday that he was involved in the killing, the judge said.

The judge at Moscow's Basmanny court ordered that Dadayev be held in custody until April 28, a Reuters reporter in the courtroom said.

Nemtsov Murder Suspect Commits Suicide By Grenade, 5 Others Arrested
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-08/nemtsov-murder-suspect-commits-suicide-grenade-5-others-arrested

Convenient? While two North Caucasus men have been formally arrested and charged for the murder of Boris Nemtsov (and three others arrested as suspected accomplices), The Telegraph reports a sixth suspect, Bislan Shavanov, decided to blow himself up with a grenade when police surrounded his home in Chechnya.

Zaur Dadayev in court today... Aymani Dadayeva, Mr Dadayev’s mother, told Russian media that her son served for ten years in the “North” battalion in Chechnya, an interior ministry unit headed by relatives of Ramzan Kadyrov, the republic’s fiercely pro-Putin leader.

(snip)

Defiant...

Zaur Dadayev and Anzor Gubashev, both from Russia's troubled North Caucasus region, appeared at Moscow's Basmanny Court, where the presiding judge said that Mr Dadayev had confessed to the crime under questioning.

Three other men, Shagid Gubashev, Tamerlan Eskerkhanov and Khamzat Bakhayev, were formally arrested as suspected accomplices at the court. All five were remanded in custody.

During the hearing the latter three men tried to hide their faces using their jackets, while Mr Dadayev looked defiantly at media cameras and raised his index finger, in a gesture often associated with Islamists. No suggested motive for the killing was outlined in court.

But, as The Telegraph explains, a sixth decided to take another path...

Meanwhile, in Chechnya, a sixth suspect, Bislan Shavanov, blew himself up with a grenade as police tried to detain him, Russian media reported.

Officers surrounded the man at an apartment in Grozny on Saturday evening, but he was killed by a hand grenade that exploded as he tossed it towards them, a law enforcement source told Interfax.

The suspects are the suspected hitmen, according to officials, who added that the masterminds behind the murder are still at large.

zlyja said:
angelburst29 said:

Thank you for sharing that, angelburst29. It's very valuable information because it discusses points many survivalist websites don't consider, particularly with regard to radios and smartphones. What surprised me, though, unless I happened to miss it, is that there wasn't any mention of the military confiscating food supplies. Wouldn't they find a lot of water and canned food suspicious, as if you were getting aid from the other side? Also, how would you prove you're not in the military if they find basic hunting supplies on you? It shows how important it is to combat normalcy bias and leave a potential war zone ASAP if possible.

Thank you angelburst29

In Germany during and after WW2 it was better to be in the country. There were better opportunities to get additional food. But law and order was mostly kept intact - with the exception of refugee situation, low flying enemy planes and incoming enemy situation. Food was rationed and hamstering was frowned on and punished.

Military personnel back then was always fed, but I would assume that food could be of interest for them and those around you in the neighborhood.

thorbiorn said:
<...>
Elsewhere, Kurgynyan also wondered why was Strelkov the only commander who got so much attention in the media and blogosphere? And why promote someone as if for an election, when the nearest election was several years away, unless there would be an early election? -KR][...]

Kurgynyan is a provocateur, he is paid puppeteers, and he says that he was told to say. If you are interested in this theme, on Russian website aftershock about him a lot of material.

That doesn't sound like a suicide. What a strange occurrence.

Nemtsov's murder - the official story: the Muslim trail - fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/03/nemtsovs-murder-official-story-muslim.html

as Kristina Rus comments

KR: It is clear that everyone used Nemtsov's murder to score points for their own agenda, including in Russia and in the West. It is quite possible that the religious motive is a cover to close the investigation. It is quite possible that we will never learn the truth. But the official version also has a right to exist and is plausible in itself. If it was true, then the "atmosphere of hate and intolerance," for which Putin is blamed by the West, was perpetuated by Nemtsov, as well as most Russian anti-Putin liberal opposition on the cues of the West.

Why these men would have killed Nemtsov on the bridge remains unexplained though IMO. If they really wanted to avenge the prophet they could have killed him at the entrance of his appartment, which was probably a less surveilled area. The bridge leaves a feeling of some staging.

From Chechens to the Right Sector to CANVAS to Vanguard: Nemtsov's case - theories against facts

http://fortruss.blogspot.ru/2015/03/from-chechens-to-right-sector-to-canvas.html

further explanation from someone supposedly with inside connections.

s-kur said:
Niall said:
Kolomoyskiy is not the president of the European Jewish Congress. In fact, he's not even on their Board: http://www.eurojewcong.org/about-us/ejc-executive-committee.html

I could find NOTHING on the Vanguard Corporation and Ukraine. And nothing on 'Peter van Byurren'. There is a Peter van Buren, who was apparently a big-shot State Dept official who blew the whistle on corrupt US govt practises: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_van_Buren

With zero sources provided, I'd say this is all spurious BS.

What you assume under "zero source"? I don't expect that something about the most powerful company will be enlightened in the media.

There are always clues. Here there are no clues, just what Benjamin Fulford says.

s-kur said:
What would you like to know about Vanguard Corporation? There're several articles and explanations about Vanguard and it's connection with Ukraine, Syria, Iraq conflict.

Ok, post them here.

s-kur said:
Even mentioned that Monsanto is managed by Vanguard.

The development plan of the international relations the current year in a number of aspects becomes critical. Today the group of investors-owners of group on management of assets of "Vanguard" controlling tens of trillions dollars of investors and all largest world corporations, including Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Cheney, clans Rotshildov, Busha Rokfellerov and many other influential people, practically monopolized foreign and defensive policy of the USA.

Where is this quote from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom