Coping with death of beloved person

Hi Ljubica - I send my condolences for your loss. :hug: You are really lucky to have had such a wonderful grandpa!

From your description of the passing of the cats, my impression is that it was not a deliberate act of poisoning, rather the cats themselves may well have chosen their time to go.

Wow Ljubica, that is a lot of hurt in just a months time. :shock:

I'm very sorry to hear it and send you and your family my condolences. :flowers:

Hi Ljubica,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. His kindness reminds me of my own grandmother,always teaching me useful things.

Also shattering the death of the cats.

My best wishes.

Thank you all, for words of comfort and understanding, I'll try to take January 2011 like new kind of lesson, we just need to take some time to digest all things, and acclimatize to the new situation. Whatever Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger! (I hope this is the truthful statement).

But on other hand strange thing happened today. Allowe me to share it with you.

This morning at 10 o'clock my friend called, she wanted me to check something on internet and visit some page. It was a bit strange, but she is really genuine product (thanks V), so I checked the page, and there it was photo of the 5 months old cat, same kind, same color, same posture like my deceased cat. My friend told me: you can not return grandpa, his cat or your cat, but you can make new friendship, so do it. You know, I was a bit shocked, it took me couple minutes to think, talk to my hubby, are we ready to have another pet cat? So suddenly?? We looked at the photos of the cat and for a brief moment it seems like our dead cat was alive. Mu hubby immediately agreed to take new cat, so I called owner of the cat, well again strange thing, lady is living in our vicinity, her name is same as mine, and the cat's name is: "Destiny", and they allready taught to withdraw the advertisement because - as she said: "Only the funny people who do not care about animals replied." So after a couple minutes of Q&A we agreed to visit them next weekend, and meet our new cat.....,... Perhaps universe is really trying to tell us something.

To reply on Shijing's post: "I hope that February is a better month for you."

I certainly hope so!!

Hi Ljubica,

I am sorry to hear about your loss of your grandfather. Condolences to you and to your family. :flowers:

What a dear and wonderful man your Grandpa is, and what a blessing for him to have influenced your life in such a profound way. Remember to always honor him and his final wishes...to love each other and take good care of each other, remembering that each of our destinies are written before we are even born into this world. Your Grandpa's and your destinies was in part to live and love each other, to learn from each other. Your Grandpa had done all he could in this life, and you remember much more than you think. The love for each other will never die or fade; neither will his influence on your life and spirit.

The emptiness that now exists inside you, that grief is like a scar that never truly heals, it only seems to scab over, serving as a reminder that ultimately we are alone in this journey. Go ahead and cry as much as you want, and take as long as you need to grieve. Grandpa's kitty may not have wished to live without his beloved friend, and made his own choice. I think that in the animal kingdom, death is as natural as dying, and there is no fear or regret. Perhaps we can all learn a bit from that example.

Hugs to you, Ljubica. Continue in your journey in celebration of all your Grandpa means to you, and thank DCM this remarkable man came into your life.

PS...I saw your post regarding new friendships, and I hope your new friend will help with the healing. Amazing how things turn out sometimes!

Hi Ljubica,
Very sorry to hear of your losses. Please take care of yourself and :hug: to you.

I am sorry for all of your losses, Ljubica. My sincerest condolences. :hug:

Ljubica said:
So after a couple minutes of Q&A we agreed to visit them next weekend, and meet our new cat.....,... Perhaps universe is really trying to tell us something.

Hi Ljubica,

I am sorry to hear about the death of your grandfather. I also lost a loved one recently so I know how you feel. The death of the cats definitely makes things worse. I'm glad you may have found another cat. If you take it, perhaps keep it inside for a while so if someone is putting poison around outside, it will be safe.

I am sorry to hear of your loss, Ljubica. What you wrote is a reminder that when older generations die they take memories with them. Soon there will be few people alive who remember the 1920s. Losing oral poetry is even more of a loss. But he was able to pass along a sweet and important message at the end, and the end of a well-lived life is sad but not tragic.

Mrs. Peel said:
Ljubica said:
So after a couple minutes of Q&A we agreed to visit them next weekend, and meet our new cat.....,... Perhaps universe is really trying to tell us something.

Hi Ljubica,

I am sorry to hear about the death of your grandfather. I also lost a loved one recently so I know how you feel. The death of the cats definitely makes things worse. I'm glad you may have found another cat. If you take it, perhaps keep it inside for a while so if someone is putting poison around outside, it will be safe.

Thanks Mrs. Peel. I'm sorry to hear you had to go trough the same situation (obviously deaths of love ones are hardest lessons in 3D and there is no way we could skip them, sooner or later we all have to survive trough this kind of situations).

Yes, we'll keep our new cat indoor for some time to give her time to acclimatize to a new environment, and of course to keep her safe until we locate the epicentre of poisoning...,...

Back
Top Bottom