Dark Man Dream?

Aaron r

Jedi Master
H i everyone, I am wanting to post about some dreams I had approximately a year ago. The first set of dreams I call my "Children of the Corn" dreams. I would fight/struggle with people in my dreams that were totally expressionless like in the movie, "Children of the Corn". They seemed very life-like dreams and I was very conscious in these dreams. I may have had a dozen or so of these dreams. They were kind of scary because when I say fight, I really mean fight and I always woke up with my body/mind on high alert because of a feeling of being in danger. This went on for a while as I would get a dream like this every few weeks.

Then I had another sort of dream which was something else all together. I had gotten use to going to bed wondering if I was going to be in a big fight tonight in my dream. I "woke up" in a dream and I was like floating in space. In front of me was a sort of black hole or void of nothingness. Coming out of the nothingness was an evil, demonic, mocking laughter. I felt very afraid and alone. I really was trembling. Then all of a sudden I felt something grew inside me. I remember thinking, "You prey on the scared and alone". I then had this unbelievable surge of righteous anger and energy. I thought to myself, "I don't who you are or what you are but I am going to kill you". I then rushed into the void looking for the source of laughter to kill it. When I went into the void I found that I had no body. There was literally nothing there. It was a space of nothingness. I thought well I can't physically fight you so I am going to send you my hate and desire to kill you. I projected this into the nothingness and felt the energy surge leave my "body". I then found myself feeling scared and alone again when the energy left me. I remember thinking maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Anyway next thing that happened is I felt like I was flicked out of the void and woke up feeling that whole body sense of being in danger.

I had a second dream with this mocking laughter and once again the energy came. It was sort of like a contest of will. If you can imagine the source of the laughter had a feel to it. The third dream did not contain laughter but had the "feeling" to it. I basically woke up in a dream being hit in my lower back. I remember emitting a primal scream of such intensity and tuning around and hitting whatever it was that hit me. I woke up really shaken. A couple of days later I was really sick and ended up in hospital for 5 days with acute renal failure of unknown cause. No problems since.

Since then I have not had any reoccurrence of these dreams. Any comments are welcome.

aaron r said:
...Then all of a sudden I felt something grew inside me. I remember thinking, "You prey on the scared and alone". I then had this unbelievable surge of righteous anger and energy. I thought to myself, "I don't who you are or what you are but I am going to kill you". I then rushed into the void looking for the source of laughter to kill it. When I went into the void I found that I had no body. There was literally nothing there. It was a space of nothingness. I thought well I can't physically fight you so I am going to send you my hate and desire to kill you. I projected this into the nothingness and felt the energy surge leave my "body". I then found myself feeling scared and alone again when the energy left me. I remember thinking maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Anyway next thing that happened is I felt like I was flicked out of the void and woke up feeling that whole body sense of being in danger.

IMO, whatever It is, don't' send It Your energy in any form(unless You want to of course :shock:)
Defense is a totally different thing compared to attack!OSIT

clerck de bonk said:
IMO, whatever It is, don't' send It Your energy in any form(unless You want to of course :shock:)
Defense is a totally different thing compared to attack!OSIT

Clerck de bonk your words really got me thinking.... Since I was a child, I have had many dark man dreams. They have subsided in the later years, but still happen and sometimes with even greater intensity. And when I find myself in a defenseless situation I tended to use the approach mentioned by aaron r. And I think I probably do the same in real life... I think I was/am confusing a few things here, but can't completely put my finger on it. When does one know when deffending yourself is becoming giving your energy away? My initial approach would be that if in danger and if you have exhausted all means, thought is the only thing you have got left, but I suppose sending the thoughts is basically giving away your energy and consequently getting you in danger, is that it? I know it is probably something very simple to understand but I admit I am getting muddled here :/

Gertrudes said:
...And when I find myself in a defenseless situation I tended to use the approach mentioned by aaron r. And I think I probably do the same in real life...
As do I

Gertrudes said:
...I think I was/am confusing a few things here, but can't completely put my finger on it. When does one know when deffending yourself is becoming giving your energy away?
Exactly

Gertrudes said:
...My initial approach would be that if in danger and if you have exhausted all means, thought is the only thing you have got left, but I suppose sending the thoughts is basically giving away your energy and consequently getting you in danger, is that it? I know it is probably something very simple to understand but I admit I am getting muddled here :/
I am muddled there... But seeing aaron's post made me think that the two modes are truly different. Can one say STS v. STO, I really don't know ;)

clerck de bonk said:
I am muddled there... But seeing aaron's post made me think that the two modes are truly different. Can one say STS v. STO, I really don't know ;)

Yes, It really is not a simple question :)...I suppose self defense takes several forms, if being attacked and it gets to the point that your life is at risk, would attacking the predator as a tool of self defense be considered STS? My current thinking leads me to think that no, that would be preventing yourself from being consumed into STS... but I still feel that I am missing something.
The question is how is defense handled? On the one hand, if not careful, you might be giving yourself away, a very slippery issue here where discernment is needed. This is for me a difficult subject as I often error for not being able to understand quickly enough the dynamics involved in the exchange.
On the other hand, if you are using your defense properly when does that stop being defense (STO) to be called an attack (STS)? I guess the answer to this might be in when you are no longer using it with the sole purpose of deffending yourself (?)

It seems to me the nature of the defense depends upon the the kind of attack. Judging from the C's comment regarding attack, the third force concept may be applicable here.

My understanding of this problem may help a little.....it all comes down in part to knowing what IT wants from you. How it thinks, acts and manipulates you into the desired actions (the giving of your energy, the trapping of yourself, the acting as it does).

It is a tricky thing to figure out, but the more you can be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove (even if you have to use violence to defend yourself) the better.

I remember a TV program about 8 years ago where they trained a guy to be a bouncer....the bouncer said that you should always go into a fight knowing that you may not come out, so you should know Why your doing it. The guy they where teaching was the most effeminate gay guy you could find. On a revisit they found out he had been mugged, but had fought the guy despite being beaten up. He knew full well he could have been badly hurt (and he did have a black eye among other things), but he chose to defend himself.......he stood up for himself and he felt proud of himself for doing so.

So in the end its about awareness of action....awareness of why you are doing what you are doing and making a conscious choice with the ability to see and be aware of as many outcomes as possible. Know when you are being bated/tricked/manipulated.....and if you know for sure that IT wants you to lay down and let it feed, then you can stand firm.

STS seeks control over, so anything you do to disable control over yourself by another force/person is defence. The C's say that you should act for your own destiny, so always keep that in mind.
If you are reacting/acting without awareness then you are probably acting in an STS manner/under STS influence. This is where knowledge of self is so important.

Learning and gaining awareness could even be considered an act of self defence :)

aaron r, I think you primal anger and desire for defence of yourself is perfectly normal/natural.....but whatever it was that you interacted with tricked you into lashing out and giving yourself away (walking into the void is probably not the best idea!).
It may be worth considering times in your life where you felt like lashing out, or have lashed out (physically or verbally) and how these programs are triggered....and ultimately where they came from.
We all have a right to defend ourselves and it shows how in the end STS is pretty much nothing but manipulation to get what it wants from us....if only we can see the manipulation.
fwiw I use to have dreams very similar to that...they always follow the pattern of 'threat/fear' to bait you into 'attacking' them or giving in. Or sometimes running.
I also noticed that my dreams of this nature have changed quite considerably the more I learn. :)

Maybe there is also the possibility that dreams of this kind are a manifestations of current lifes situations we do not want or can´t see.

For example, now, I can relate many of my "dark man dreams" of the past to notices of instinct / unconscious about my inability to confront and accept as dangerous for my own evolution, many of my life situations at that time, as interactions with others, inappropriate energy expenditure in things that do not bear fruit, lack of real knowledge in things I believe I know, and also as an alert that says: care! you are back to sleep ..

So, I really see these dreams as a great resource of present situation info, I think in most cases it says: Hey! you are not paying attention to your instinct in your daily life, look and listen!.

RedFox said:
Learning and gaining awareness could even be considered an act of self defence :)
(........)
fwiw I use to have dreams very similar to that...they always follow the pattern of 'threat/fear' to bait you into 'attacking' them or giving in. Or sometimes running.
I also noticed that my dreams of this nature have changed quite considerably the more I learn. :)

Thank you Red Fox, it became clearer for me. The word bait really helped my understanding, I think I was forgetting the characteristic manipulative sts maneuvers and the importance of Learning to distinguishing what is baiting you into a trap and not feeding it.

clerck de bonk said:
MC said:
...the third force concept may be applicable here.
MC, You're talking riddles again, would You care to elaborate :D ?

MC's words made me think of the concept of the three forces from Gurdjieff. I am not sure if this is What MC means, but it is how I saw it: In In Search of the Miraculous the three forces are explained as the law that creates all phenomena, where you have one active or positive force, one passive or negative force and one neutralizing force - the last one being the mentioned third force. There is an example in the book that I particularly find useful in understanding the three forces, which I will explain in my own words (don't know where to take the quote from and it is a relatively long excerpt): a man feels the initiative and desire to put something into action, but the habitual inertia of life absorbs the power of the initiative. These 2 forces are equally balanced and none can take over the other. The third force here might come in the form of knowledge, showing the man for instance, the advantages of taking action, therefore neutralizing the second force (inertia).

In the context of the dream, force 1 being the dreamer, force 2 the predator, I suppose the third force could be used in the form of knowledge and awareness. Knowing which type of attack and from which type of opponent we are defending ourselves from would act as a neutralizing force, enabling us to know how to deffend ourselves and from what. Well, I might have completely misunderstood MC's words but after thinking about the third force and reading Red Fox post these thoughts aroused.

Ana said:
Maybe there is also the possibility that dreams of this kind are a manifestations of current lifes situations we do not want or can´t see.
(.........)
So, I really see these dreams as a great resource of present situation info, I think in most cases it says: Hey! you are not paying attention to your instinct in your daily life, look and listen!.

That has been part of my experience as well.

clerck de bonk said:
Thank You Red!

MC said:
...the third force concept may be applicable here.
MC, You're talking riddles again, would You care to elaborate :D ?

The third force (available in more detail in Cassiopedia) sheds light on the debates between moral absolutists, moral relativists and a-moralists. The basic idea is that the context of a situation is what properly determines an act as right or wrong. For example, it’s not true that lying is always wrong, sometimes it is actually the right thing to do.

It’s a Fourth Way concept as Gertrudes accurately pointed out.

The Cs comment, which at the moment I can only paraphrase, went like this:

Always expect attack
Know the methods employed for such
Take the necessary measures to counter it.

So, what I was thinking is that with knowledge, the context of a situation could provide enough information to determine if it really is an attack, the means used if it is, and then the nature of the defense.

fwiw there are some concepts covered in this thread today that may add some understanding to these concepts, it certainly did for me :)

I had a classic dark man dream last night. Male predator was outside stalking me, he stood perfectly still, eerily silent, and was terrifying. I ran to the house next door where in my dream my brother was living. I couldn’t scream, I tried to pound on the doors and windows to wake my brother. Then the dark man was suddenly behind me still standing perfectly still. I tried to scream again and couldn’t, I kept trying until I got a sound out and then woke up screaming.

It was terrifying and have just read up about Dark Man Dreams on Cass Wiki. Gave my husband some concern also as he when he woke up he thought I was being attacked by something.

Not sure what to do next as still feel shaken up by it. Does anyone have advice on what I ought to read up on or examine?

I had a classic dark man dream last night. Male predator was outside stalking me, he stood perfectly still, eerily silent, and was terrifying. I ran to the house next door where in my dream my brother was living. I couldn’t scream, I tried to pound on the doors and windows to wake my brother. Then the dark man was suddenly behind me still standing perfectly still. I tried to scream again and couldn’t, I kept trying until I got a sound out and then woke up screaming.

It was terrifying and have just read up about Dark Man Dreams on Cass Wiki. Gave my husband some concern also as he when he woke up he thought I was being attacked by something.

Not sure what to do next as still feel shaken up by it. Does anyone have advice on what I ought to read up on or examine?
I’m wondering if this should be shifted to the more current dark man dream thread? Either that or the threads combined.
Might be more of these coming up for people again.
Edit: Also considering some weird internet outages yesterday etc maybe Haarp activity if anyone else having similar dreams?

Back
Top Bottom