Dark Man Dream?

I had my first scary dream in a long time over the weekend. I dreamt I was in bed, awake, and I could feel the covers over me. I was moving a little, and I felt the sensation of the blankets moving over my skin. Then a note appeared in front of my face (just hanging in the air) that said, “Notice how it feels like hands on you.”

The note disappeared, and I froze. The feeling of the blankets smoothly intensified until I could literally feel fingers dragging over my back. I turned around, and there were 2 children - disheveled, skinny, and with large dark circles around their eyes. They were just sitting on the bed, staring at me vacantly and rubbing my back.

At this point, paralysis took hold, and I couldn’t breathe. I was trying to yell to my husband, even though the kids were in his spot and I couldn’t see him there. I finally managed to get sound out, and the kids looked at each other. They seemed a bit surprised, but more like they were thinking “Aw, shucks.” Then they disappeared.
I woke up so shaken I had to turn the light on.
It was exactly like sleep paralysis except I wasn’t awake when it happened.

They reminded me of the Palestinian children we see.

I’ve been trying to clean up my diet again, as I was kind of heavy on the carbs for a bit. But it left me with questions. I considered posting this on the “How are you feeling?” Thread, as it became active again around the same time.

I agree, gottathink: more of “those” dreams coming to the surface.

Huh, yes... I was also having weird dreams, especially in the last +2 weeks. Only a few classical dark man dreams, but also what I call "the intruder" dreams: unwanted guests that create chaos and/or make me feel uncomfortable and on edge.

But what is even more interesting is that I started more often to have dreams within dreams, and recently it even happened that I had a dream within a dream within a dream.

Just yesterday after meditation, I had a combination of both: after finally arriving home after a tedious series of events (which would be too long to write here 😅), I finally went to bed and heard the flat door unlock. I was sure that the kids are in school and I felt an uncomfortable presence that became fear. And I "woke up". As I was lying in bed, I heard someone walking in my flat, turning on the water and I called out my children´s names only that the flat became terribly quiet again. Then I woke up for real and half asleep called out my kids´ names just in case... 😅

I noticed in general that after meditation my dreams are more vivid and symbolic.

I also had dreams of natural cataclysms and terrible weather: tornadoes, tidal waves, solar flare that burned half of the northern hemisphere...

My thinking is that those dreams are because of several factors: general world situation where we feel threatened and with the knowledge we have, we feel looming disaster and watching the world collapse. Then there are other threats we are aware of at different levels - whether they are from our immediate surroundings (i.e. people we work or live with that we perceive as dangerous) or spiritual threats, i.e. spirit attachments we become aware of at some level. Or a combination of all and probably many more.

In the end, I´m telling myself that they are what they are; they might be "cheap entertainment" but also a warning, as it says in the Cass wiki. So the only thing we can really do is to keep on with the Work and a lot of self-examining and self-searching and to meditate to calm the mind and not to get caught in the thought loops.

Huh, yes... I was also having weird dreams, especially in the last +2 weeks. Only a few classical dark man dreams, but also what I call "the intruder" dreams: unwanted guests that create chaos and/or make me feel uncomfortable and on edge.
Many others too. See How you are feeling thread. I never thought my dreams could reach this level of strangeness 😩

Back
Top Bottom