Daylight Scandal Time Implementation

OCKHAM

Jedi
Just wanted everyone to take notice that Daylight Savings time in America is now matched to Election Day, or had you noticed yet?

The first Sunday in November, [the day before election] is now the time to roll back clock functions on machinery and gadgets including computers and voting machines, etc.

Daylight Savings time is closer to an 8/4 scale of 12 months and before about 7/5 and it does not seem to match seasons at all. Presently, we rolled forward 3 weeks early, 2nd Sunday in March and was first Sunday in April. The second change was moved only one week strangely.

I found a strange article posted by the Fox News people that was copyrighted by a corporation that seems to be getting into the science information [media] business.

In the article, a problem is created, and then seemingly solved. The problem is represented by the header, and the solution is in the text. I feel there is much more at work here, as you may also feel.

http(doubleslash)3w.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,257921,00.html?sPage=fnc.science/humanbody

Here is the link to the article "Change in daylight saving time may affect moods"

_http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-timechange5mar05,1,5765174.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Notice this:
"The daylight saving time extension was authorized by Congress in 2005 largely to save energy. There was little discussion of the effect on mood, although some mental health experts — including Avery — wrote to Congress before its 2005 vote warning lawmakers not to mess with the nation's mood."

Very nice for Shari to twist the doctor’s words, I bet he didn’t say it in that way. She over emphasizes mood language as implementation and diversion. Mood is a sneaky word as presented by the American Heritage Dictionary 3rd Ed.

mood - noun
1. A state of mind or emotion.
2. A pervading impression of an observer.
3. An incident of sulking or angry behavior.
4. Inclination; disposition

Notice the word pervading! I also noticed the phrase, “appointed time" and “measure" in the derivatives section.

His very last quote seems more accurate.

It's unnatural to wake up in the dark, says Avery. But modern lifestyles have taken Mother Nature out of the equation.

These two articles have some of the same language it seems. They seem to feed off each other.

OCKHAM - Thank you for pointing this out. Since the government has imposed this lopsided change in the name of saving energy again, I've been wondering what the strategy was with the PTB. Your point was not one I had considered. I was focused in more on the tinkering with the "time" factor and its affect on circadian rhythms; distraction and disorienting. Somehow, even though it seems minor, I have the unsettling feeling that there's more behind it and I haven't been able to shake that feeling.

Yes, a double whammy with extra cream from those nasty boys.

I can hear the stories now.

That voting machine was set to the wrong time and lost a segment of votes, and so on.
Voters were cut short by an hour, la de da.. And they will all be planned.
This just opens another doorway for abuse over a 24-48 period of control.

I've heard many people comment on how weird it is that they just scooted up the time change by three whole weeks - and these are sound asleep people. The PTB seem to never do anything without some benefit to themselves, and call me a cynic, but no way it's about saving energy. I still wonder about the 9.3 earthquake back at the end of 2004 and whether it affected the Earth's rotation enough to be generally perceptible as the years go by. This is purely speculation on my part, of course - just one of the many things I wonder about. ;)

The time change, however, also caused quite a few computer glitches at my office - mostly with calendar scheduling and document dating - but - still, seems like the operating system manufacturers were caught off guard - as if this hair-brained scheme was thrown together over a few drinks in a back office somewhere and not all of the keepers of our sick little society were given enough time to prepare. Of course - could just be 'one of those things' that means nothing. :rolleyes:

That earthquake you mentioned Anart undoubtedly affected the [true] clock system in ways we may never understand. Earthquakes may be just a way for the earth to release energy build up from the man, earth, moon, and sun solar system, and all their forces.

The plates are all moving around but why? Do we assume the earth’s rotation alone causes this? To speculate, the earth is alive from that complete system and the rocks are just in the way.

Annette1 said:
OCKHAM - Thank you for pointing this out. Since the government has imposed this lopsided change in the name of saving energy again, I've been wondering what the strategy was with the PTB. Your point was not one I had considered. I was focused in more on the tinkering with the "time" factor and its affect on circadian rhythms; distraction and disorienting. Somehow, even though it seems minor, I have the unsettling feeling that there's more behind it and I haven't been able to shake that feeling.
I also think there is some hidden objectives behind this time change thing. Maybe it's just a way to distract and weaken us a bit more.

But it reminded me of Don Juan Matus when he was stating that doing one activity at the very same time everyday increases dramatically the efficiency of the activity (it sounds like a kind of resonance phenomenon).

For example if you do some meditation every day at 8:00 p.m., because of the time change you might do it at 9:00 or 7:00 therefore breaking the resonance thing an the efficiency gain.

For some reason, i don't think that the secret purpose (which of course there is) regarding the change in daylight saving time (which of course is not to save energy), has so much to do with disorienting people and changing moods. People usuallly get over the disorientation phase in few days max i think.

Perhaps i am wrong, because i am comparing it to traveling from one continent to the other, like i used to. I would leave Cyprus in the morning and after 11 hours i would arrive in the US in the morning of the same day. I adjusted myself to that and waited until night to go to sleep. No problems really, other than a bit of tiredness . And no, i am unable to sleep in airplanes.

But i can't say i understand "time" at all.

Axel_Dunor said:
because of the time change you might do it at 9:00 or 7:00 therefore breaking the resonance thing an the efficiency gain.
Yes, but you can create it again, right? I mean there are already in effect since the 1800's these daylight saving times of what i remember. But wait... things have been getting worst globaly exaclty since late 1800's! So you might (in light of what Don Juan said) have a point.

Hmmm.

My understanding is that the law has a "rollback" option on it, meaning that they can change it "back" if there are unforeseen circumstances.

So, we'll see if it gets changed after the elections :)

Don

I heard someone interviewed on the radio state that daylight savings time was the work of the US Chamber of Commerce lobby and corporate lobbying groups. He stated that is has nothing to do with energy savings and that many studies prove it. His contention is that is about shopping. If it's still light outside when people leave work, they are more apt to shop, thus boosting consumer spending.

Somewhat related, I also heard on the radio today, a computer-security official at Symantec was talking about a recent hack job in which credit-card numbers were stolen online and that there is now an organized network for selling such information. Off the cuff, seemingly, he estimated that the average credit-card holder had a bank account worth $5 to $50. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, seeing that the official savings rate of Americans is actually in negative territory, below zero.

CNN reported yesterday that fully 20% of adult Americans are functionally illiterate. That's 40,000,000 US adults, two thirds of whom call English their native language. Maybe some relation, too.

Funny, here I am bumping this thread *exactly* four years after it was posted by R. Mark Sink. Heh. So, it's been almost a week since "time" changed over here in California and my body has yet to adjust. Everything has been thrown off for me physically, because of my lack of sleep (I'm not sleepy at night and have to wake up earlier), and my change in eating patterns (I'm not hungry in the morning and I've been eating dinner later at night). I wish it only took me a few days to adjust, but it seems the older I get the more difficult it becomes.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about Daylight Savings Time:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

The practice has been criticized.[1] Adding daylight to afternoons benefits retailing, sports, and other activities that exploit sunlight after working hours,[3] but causes problems for farming, evening entertainment and other occupations tied to the sun.[4][5] Its effect on health and crime is less clear. Although an early goal of DST was to reduce evening usage of incandescent lighting, formerly a primary use of electricity,[6] modern heating and cooling usage patterns differ greatly, and research about how DST currently affects energy use is limited or contradictory.[7]

DST clock shifts present other challenges. They complicate timekeeping, and can disrupt meetings, travel, billing, recordkeeping, medical devices, heavy equipment,[8] and sleep patterns.[9] Software can often adjust computer clocks automatically, but this can be limited and error-prone, particularly when DST protocols are changed.[10]

Modern DST was first proposed by the New Zealand entomologist George Vernon Hudson, whose shift-work job gave him leisure time to collect insects, and led him to value after-hours daylight.[2] In 1895 he presented a paper to the Wellington Philosophical Society proposing a two-hour daylight-saving shift,[18] and after considerable interest was expressed in Christchurch, New Zealand he followed up in an 1898 paper.[19] Many publications incorrectly credit DST's invention to the prominent English builder and outdoorsman William Willett,[20] who independently conceived DST in 1905 during a pre-breakfast ride, when he observed with dismay how many Londoners slept through a large part of a summer's day.[21] An avid golfer, he also disliked cutting short his round at dusk.[22] His solution was to advance the clock during the summer months, a proposal he published two years later.[23] The proposal was taken up by the Liberal Member of Parliament (MP) Robert Pearce, who introduced the first Daylight Saving Bill to the House of Commons on 12 February 1908.[24] A select committee was set up to examine the issue, but Pearce's bill did not become law, and several other bills failed in the following years. Willett lobbied for the proposal in the UK until his death in 1915.

Starting on 30 April 1916, Germany and its World War I allies were the first to use DST (ger.: Sommerzeit) as a way to conserve coal during wartime. Britain, most of its allies, and many European neutrals soon followed suit. Russia and a few other countries waited until the next year and the United States adopted it in 1918. Since then, the world has seen many enactments, adjustments, and repeals.[25]

So do I have an insect collector or a golfer to blame for my body being off balance? :P People can be so selfish...

Scarlet, have you tried melatonin and sleeping in complete darkness?

Back
Top Bottom