Diana Walsh Pasulka

I've finished the Preface, Acknowledgments, Introduction, Chapters 1 and 2.
I've finished the book and must say it provides much food for thought. One thing I failed to mention in my first post was this from James - a resolve formed from his own alien abduction experience and that of others - from pg. 65:
Contact was not always welcome. I listened carefully to the words James chose. Bedeviled was used more than any other word in this context, but other words were "harassed" and "bothered." [...] It became clear to me, if not to the other attendees, that James's mission was personal, and it was heroic. He was out to develop a medicine, an antidote, to the malicious contact event. James was incensed that contact took place on "their" terms and not on ours. James's plan was to shift that relationship by 180 degrees. He wanted to give humans the right, and the ability, to say "no." [...] It was no wonder he would not tolerate equivocation with respect to the reality of the phenomenon. To say it wasn't real was to discount James on several levels--intellectually, certainly. But more personally, it discounted the suffering certain experiencers endured--some their whole lives.

Surely James's impassioned presentation has made Diana aware that alien contact can be a terrifying experience and a violation of free will as most people comprehend that definition. What are her real thoughts on this as apparently they haven't been shared in her books - in her interviews? Has she any awareness of the Missing 411 phenomenon and its suspected connection to bigfoot? Pretty impressive how many important, credentialed people she's been able to meet and confer with.

I just got through he chapter where she's discussing Star Wars.
Silly me - I thought this was going to be about Reagan's Star Wars. Nope. But - was it really cancelled and what about this:
There have been events in the past were sensationalized and/or dismissed as false conspiracies that still seem as if there may well be more behind them than meets the eye.

One of these is the fact that between 1982 and 1988, well over 20 scientists who worked for the British company GEC-Marconi all died after having worked on Ronald Reagan’s Strategic Defense Initiative program.

The SDI program, also known as “Star Wars,” was first proposed in 1983 by President Ronald Reagan. It was meant to develop a space-based anti-missile system. [...] In order to be successful, though, the program needed a number of advanced technologies that had yet to be researched or developed. [...] GEC-Marconi was a British defense company that was involved in the SDI project. Altered Dimensions chronicles the deaths of 20 scientists employed by Marconi for the SDI, all of whom died either shortly after making important discoveries or were about to leave the company for other jobs. A few of the deaths occurred between 1982 and 1985, but the vast majority occurred in a clump between August of 1986 and October 1988.

Don't think Diana will be treading into those waters. Her book did provide some new info to me as well as contemplation regarding the affect of mass media/movies on people's perceptions of what they've viewed as factual rather than fictional - surprising and shocking! No wonder the programming is complete! From the last paragraphs of her book:
Even more disconcerting to me than the mystery of the anomalous artifact was the level of belief produced by media representations of UFOs. I saw media professionals use the mechanisms of belief to push a story that was at times very far removed from the event that inspired it, and yet it was believed by millions. It was this that was most concerning, as I came to understand the extent of the influence, and thus power, wielded by the media in regard to belief in UFOs and extraterrestrials.
At the very end of the book she writes this and misses the chance to consider just what 'the predator' is and what it is capable of:

(…) As I opened the book, I was struck by Shklovsky’s words: “The prey runs to the predator.” This referred to the search for extraterrestrial life, of course. It suggested that if humans actually did meet such life, it might not be friendly. I came to understand these words in a different way. I related them to our relationship to media and technology and the unreflective embrace of both. As philosopher Martin Heidegger had predicted years earlier, technology would bring about a new era, an era as much dominated by technology as the medieval era had been dominated by God. Technology and its effects would be misunderstood. In this misunderstanding, Heidegger argued, humans would face a great and potentially very destructive crisis. In Heidegger’s last interview, the German magazine Der Spiegel asked if philosophy could prevent such a negative outcome. Heidegger answered: “Only a God can save us now.” At Heidegger’s request, the interview was only published posthumously.

Yes, I also took notice of “The prey runs to the predator.” Since Diana made a point of ending her book with this suggestion that extraterrestrials might not be friendly, you'd think it would strike more of a chord with her, but she seems to be sticking with "our relationship to media and technology and the unreflective embrace of both."

Another point, though, is her comparison of Tyler's path to that of Sister Maria of Agreda, who presumably bilocated to New Mexico with the help of angels, or angelic beings, in the early 1600s. Members of the native tribe of Jumanos said they had been visited by a "lady in blue' resulting in their eagerness to be baptized when Franciscan missionaries eventually showed up. Her "journeys" were seemingly verified and were used as proof that God wanted this area under Spanish rule. Hmm - did God want it or 4D STS? Which makes Tyler's objectives a bit more suspect. "Tyler believes in beings that help him develop technologies."
Colonial expansion was forged through the energy, money, and desires of the Spanish elite. Maria's voyages and "first contact" were put in service to this end.

Regarding Sister Maria and Tyler, Diana says,
I could not help but draw a correlation with Tyler and his own imaginings of how humans will eventually explore and live in space. Was Tyler a contemporary Maria, existing in a sort of cloister of invisibility? Maria imagined herself traveling to what was for her a new world and making contact with its inhabitants, and this imaginary/real voyage paved the way for real missionaries. Tyler's visions are supported by television and media and we accept, on an "imaginary" level, Tyler's version of space travel. Maria's visions were spread through rumors, stories, and circulated letters. Today, visions of UFOs and space travel are fueled by a vast media industry.
Tyler and Maria were, in a sense, inadvertent colonists in their respective eras, who made imagined "first contact." [...] Tyler was at the forefront of human efforts to colonize space. [...] Tyler's mental landscapes--which included the creation of alien-based technologies--were supported by a massive media infrastructure of UFO content, a fertile context for efforts to colonize and populate space. Maria's case is similar to Tyler's in that she seeded the cultural imagination with supernatural support for the missionaries' work.
I considered that his own special skills were used to serve an industry that sought colonization and expansion of space. It was also an endeavor undertaken by the elite.

But, during Tyler's time visiting the Vatican Secret Archives - with gained access beyond what Diana could have achieved by herself and his early arrival resulting in his becoming fast friends with Father McDonnell, a most fortuitous meeting/friendship for Tyler - and the Vatican Observatory in Castel Gandolfo, Tyler experienced a true spiritual conversion. New insight and a desire to truly serve marked this transformation - the Baptist scientist chose to become a Catholic. Pretty miraculous!

Assuming there really was an artefact, and I think there probably was, since the story around it turned out to be a damp quib in the end
:lol: Yeah - and was the secret location where Sister Maria bilocated in the 1600s?

A: The crash did not occur at Roswell. It was in a desert area, approximately 157 miles to the West by Northwest, of the Roswell location. The Roswell location that you are familiar with, did not include either a craft or any bodies or living beings. It was merely a debris field. The actual crash occurred some distance away. The crash site, a desert location, closer to Los Alamos, Mexico, and there, the craft, which had malfunctioned over Roswell, thus leaving behind the debris field, had, in fact crashed. This is where the bodies and living beings were recovered along with what was remaining of the craft. And, yes, the being in the film you have seen DID come from there.
A: There was more than one "crash in the vicinity" of Roswell, and at different times.

So, the artifact was some piece of the outside or inside of one of three crafts that crashed decades ago and so, not just sitting around on the surface after all those years. Really rather lucky to find any at all - if it wasn't a plant.

Both quotes shared by Mike (end of book) and JEEP (James' experience) are also texts that I highlighted strongly while reading. It's as if she throws some gems of truth about the "alien agenda" but then chooses to ignore them.

Another gem is (page 76-77)

The monolith [from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey] and the idea it inspires, drives them [hominids] to develop one of the first tools of war and is the catalyst for human evolution and dominance. Arthur C. Clarke's insight is compelling: not all ideas are benign gifts.

There's so much to go into just with that last little sentence. As a reader, I want to know more about why she found this insight compelling, and how does she apply it to everything she learned so far regarding the "phenomenon" as she continuously refers to it. I kept feeling that she started with a thought and then left it (and me) hanging.

But, during Tyler's time visiting the Vatican Secret Archives - with gained access beyond what Diana could have achieved by herself and his early arrival resulting in his becoming fast friends with Father McDonnell, a most fortuitous meeting/friendship for Tyler - and the Vatican Observatory in Castel Gandolfo, Tyler experienced a true spiritual conversion. New insight and a desire to truly serve marked this transformation - the Baptist scientist chose to become a Catholic. Pretty miraculous!

Were you too wondering: how does Tyler view now his connection to the intelligence that gives him inspiration for his scientific discoveries? She was going on and on about it, then Tyler gets moved and converts to Catholicism and wants to help people hands-on, but what about the "voices" in his head? What place do they hold in his new religiosity? Do they continue to give him ideas to invent new technologies?

From everything she shared about him in American Cosmic, she seems to imply that through him, a modern-day Prometheus is giving "fire" to humans. Now he embraced a monotheistic deity, is his Prometheus an angel from God or God himself speaking to him?

Overall, good I think, I would recommend it to people who want to understand how a phenomena can become part of the reality paradigm that we inhabit and we don't even realize it. I found that her work specially when she delved into the cognitive aspects of how these things are formed, was very interesting, beyond the UFO topic, life in general. Even the formation of our fears and dreams, customs and so much more.

I agree, those were very well-written points, interesting and much food for thought for our place in, and interaction with, our world today. I also found the ideas 1) that we co-evolve with our technologies and 2) how the media has become our new imagination, really interesting and horrifying at the same time. I never thought of it in those terms, and point 2) is probably why humanity hasn't produced anything good, original, and inspiring in the last decades in regard to all forms of art.

I finished reading American Cosmic and it was quite different from other books I've read on the topic. What I wrote below is kind of a rough selection of some points brought up in the book I thought worth sharing with others on here and sometimes commenting on.

The author says that synchronicities follow along naturally in this research, but they don't always have a significant meaning, and some people can be enamoured by them and lose perspective and objectivity. Even when Scott tries his best to curate quality UFO content, disinformation combined with technology is making the task next to impossible. I thought it was interesting how the author drew a connection between this and St Teresa of Avila's getting stabbed by an angel in a vision and going into religious ecstacy - very few historical counts relying on the primary sources of the "miracle" mention that very curious fact, and instead there are layers of christian hagiography and gloss plastered over it.

The author talks about how cinema attempts to mimic the feel of reality already compromises people's ability to differentiate reality from fiction on a subcortical level - people know something to be intellectually false but emotionally they can draw connections between fictional events and real life dynamics and interactions (the author cites Star Wars' evil empire and the political history as construed in the post-war era of the 20th century). From the perspective of religious studies, these have a great impact in shaping our cultural, "3D realities". Mass cultural programming through the mass media and its propagation of images surrounding the UFO phenomena causes it to quickly develop a life of its own, independent of the objective facts. It is easy to make the connection with religion here as well. I am reminded strongly of Pauline theology and the role of the Caesar passion plays had in the early days of Christianity. The story of Mark, perhaps as a play itself, would have had similar effects on the early Christian communities. The almost immediate attempt to co-opt and subvert with the book of Matthew I think lends a lot of credence to the author's thesis about how religious experiences get lensed through power interests before they become more widely promulgated, so the bits of truth that are there need to be carefully gleaned so that those fine sparks of truth do not get extinguished but can live on and add to the fire of historical knowledge, to get poetic.

On pg 140 the author talks about co-evolution of humans with technology, which I inferred as being primarily about cultural evolution. I am reminded of the book of Enoch and the Watchers, and how Cain's descendents were responsible for technology, weapons, the formation of cities, makeup even. Cain himself, in some interpretations of the Bible, is seen as the progenitor of writing itself (the mark of Cain) and the amplification of power it entails to visit vengeance upon subsequent generations geometrically. "If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly [his descendents be avenged] seventy and sevenfold."

I thought this passage was interesting: "David Halperin, a scholar of the Merkabah, the Jewish mystical tradition that arises form the visionary aspects of Ezekiel's wheel, has written extensively about the UFO phenomenon." I'm not sure what to make of it but I thought it was worth sharing.

Since it can be very tempting the way some religious studies are handled to put things into the dualist context of mind or body, subjective or objective, I liked how the author quotes Jaques Valles saying "the UFO pheonomenon is a direct challenge to this arbitrary dichotomy between physical reality and spiritual reality." It really seems like one of the chief illusions that keep us trapped in 3D is that delusion, and I use that term delusion in the bibical sense of spiritual forces acting in the world with the intent to deceive people. It is acknowledged that people often give very different accounts of the UFO phenomenon along dualistic lines. One account is more empirical, talking about UFO sightings, evidence of remains, video footage; these types of accounts are are typically shared with authorities which cover the phenomenon (e.g. the government). But Jacques Valles notes that that aspect of the phenomenon is different from what the public perceives in UFO and alien interaction movies. There, the aliens are a persistent and personal psychological reality. Sometimes they are the strangers, sometimes the monsters, sometimes the friends or allies, even the comedic relief in some situations.

The result of this split is that the very real psychological and spiritual aspects of the phenomenon are disregarded outright, causing the phenomenon to exist in a marginal, liminal state where some of the open-minded take to the empirical aspect of it but have to keep it to themselves out of fear of being marginalized and maligned with people who are too engrossed in the subjective/psychological aspect of the phenomenon and who lose their grip on objective reality as a consequence. The author cites George Hanson's work The Trickster and the Paranormal, which talks about how an absurd element is always present in the supernatural and paranormal phenomena, including that of UFOs. The author contrasted the more rational elements of Christianity like its universalism with the more absurdist practice of consuming the flesh of Jesus; the latter was likely one aspect that delayed Christianity's widespread adoption.

It's like if you took a 2D photograph and compressed into one dimension of coded information. The image ceases to exist in the same meaningful way that it does as a 2D image for us, since 1s and 0s do not really contain information people can use to see reality unless they can read machine code. If you take the truth and you try and compress it into that dichotomy that believes in the "view from nowhere" that proponents of dualism claim to have, what they are effectively doing is compressing reality into too few dimensions for the truth to exist in. In the 3 Body Problem series, there's a gruesome scene where a high-tech alien civilization uses what was called a "dimensional weapon" to flatten space-time into 2 dimensions in a given 3D space, causing 3D life to cease to exist there. That has been used to wipe out whole solar systems in the past. I think this attempt to destroy truth through these schizoidal theories has a similarly destructive power and kill count.

On page 174 the author talks about how technology changes the notion of time and space, for example with how the internet compresses space so that people can communicate and observe almost anything from anywhere on the globe. The author ties this into how advertising itself in that environment begins to take on the form of synchronicities, where what used to be a curious aspect of the UFO and paranormal phenomena begins to almost seem more normal and widespread through artificial means. I'm not sure what to make of that, other than the fact that "entities love tech" and that pod people are much easier to manipulate via changing the news-feed algorithms.

Jacques Valles and the author's anonymous source Tyler D contend that the phenomenon is technological and that humans are equipped with biological antenna to absorb information from supernatural or paranormal sources, included the forces behind the UFO phenomena. The author devotes a couple of pages to talking about Tyler's theories about how and why this is. The author uses her own metaphor that working on one's health and cleaning one's machine improves our "router" rather than our "RAM", meaning that it helps improve our antennae to better access where information is stored (the information field) than just trying to recall what is in our physical brains. This aligns with what the C's have said about memory, and that the body itself only contains faint traces of information itself, with the rest of it being "in the cloud".

Throughout the book several close encounters with UFOs and supernatural phenomena are recorded, some of which were seen by atheists and devout christians. Each person had a different perspective on what happened and what they had witnessed, but everyone walked away transformed in their own way. They would mysteriously forget to photograph the evidence, yet afterwards start receiving "downloads" of information. It really seems like if the phenomena itself thinks its purposes are not served by being photographed, it has means at its disposal to ensure that doesn't happen.

Towards the end of the book there was an interesting section where the author visits the Vatican library and observatory with Tyler D. They go there to study "levitation and aerial phenomena," and that led to stories of saints. One in particular was an interesting case: sister Maria of Agreda's episodes of bilocation. This was a woman in the 1600's who bilocated to Mexico and interacted with the locals there, long before anyone there had met Europeans. When missionaries arrived there, they talked about sister Mary and were eager to convert to Catholicism. Initially Maria's visions of being brought there by Angels and the like were seen as an embarassement and Maria did face persecution and book burnings. Eventually though her story got out and it caught fire when colonists realized the story itself was useful as propaganda to expand the Spanish Empire. I am reminded of what the C's said about Montezuma's visions of Cortes as Quetzalcoatl, and how a myth was created ahead of time to lay the foundations for Spanish conquest.

While the author keeps the tone very light, when I read between the lines about the dominance of media, and how technology would come to control our lives with far greater granularity than the most oppressive theocracies of the past, it's difficult not to lay this at the feet of forces which spur and promote the development of certain technologies through these "downloads" and other synchronicities.

There's so much to go into just with that last little sentence. As a reader, I want to know more about why she found this insight compelling, and how does she apply it to everything she learned so far regarding the "phenomenon" as she continuously refers to it. I kept feeling that she started with a thought and then left it (and me) hanging.

A part of me wonders if the author herself even consciously realizes the true terror of the situation, or if hints like this just kind of "slip" onto the page while she's typing. Alternatively, there could be a lot she's not saying because it may be outside her scope of professional conduct as a major in religious studies. In the interview she gave awhile back, she said she started off researching this topic as a skeptic, but after completing the book became an agnostic about the phenomenon. That seems like an extremely diplomatic answer. Reporting some of the things she does there... one really wonders.

Finished the book last night. So, what can I say about “American Cosmic” that y’all haven’t said already?Here’s my take:

I think she’s holding back and using this book as an introduction for many people who are unaware of the psychological aspect - going this route allows her to not across any academic “redlines” while also building an audience to convey her message. One example is idea that media and advertising can play a role influencing one’s perception of UFO,and well, just about everything.

As to her agenda, I still think there’s some naiveness both with who she surrounds herself with and the phenomena itself - although the cliff hanger at the “The prey runs to the predator” is telling. Maybe she knows that saying they are not benevolent and more likely malevolent would be too unsettling for many people.

Regarding the characters she outlines, they are characterized as “technocrats with a heart of gold”and unknowingly doing STS’ bidding - making humans more mechanical, dependent on technology like AI, etc. Tyler’s use of the video and challenger story seemed like a deliberate emotional hook to me, fwiw.

Anyway, it’s a good primer on the subject that there’s something more and it can easily manipulate us.

——

And just wanted to add in late June I noted an electrical surge around 6/28 then another one 7/9 8-9 am morning.

During this time period, I felt I needed to be on “high alert”. I noted a lot of intense emotional energy, and synchronicities - some random, others rather confirming. Often at times I literally needed to look left and right multiple times ‘cause right when it felt like “the coast was clear” someone would nearly run into us or something would fall and break. It was very intense…

This intensity seemed to pickup right after the last session and when I started reading “American Cosmic”. I could relate in a lot of ways to the experiences that they had described (such as wanting windows covered) and as I was reading this it was as if the “phenomenon” was confirming its existence based on my awareness and saying “here, try a couple curveballs…”

Generally, I tend to see these synchronicities as confirmation that I need to be alert, vigilant, and mindful as some turbulence is coming. Other times it feels like I’m on the right path for certain ideas, but that’s more difficult to confirm 🧐

So Diana just released her newest book: Encounters: Experiences with Nonhuman Intelligences.

I’ve only made it through the first chapter, but there’s already some interesting things in here I would like to highlight. Her introductory chapter begins with a statement from “Tyler D.” (The same guy from American Cosmic.) He says:

“It’s a one-way ticket,” Tyler D. said. He was lounging in the morning sunshine. The bright light reflected off his aviator glasses.

I watched the sunbeams dance off his sunglasses while he told me about the imminent human exploration of Mars. We were in Palo Alto for a meeting with Drs. Garry Nolan and Jacques Vallée, two scientists with whom we worked on the topic of UFOs. SpaceX’s rocket had just exploded. Tyler’s phone was in a constant flurry of notifications as astronauts and aerospace engineers asked him for advice. He reached for the phone and turned it off.

“Make sure you tell your kids,” he said, in reference to the Mars mission. “They’re at the prime age for targeted recruitment.” My oldest child was in the third grade. I considered his words.

Tyler’s affiliations with space industry heavyweights like NASA, the aerospace industry, SpaceX, the Department of Defense, and the US Air Force, among others, provided him with access to credible information about marketing space programs and jobs to youth. His job as a mission controller at Cape Canaveral was one of the longest held by one individual. He commanded respect both inside and outside the industry. Eight-year-old children? I thought. Whoever planned this campaign was on a long timeline.

If there is any validity at all to what “Tyler D.” is saying here, then that’s very telling. It’s going to be very soon when they actually attempt to begin colonizing Mars. And marketing space programs that target youth? I wonder the scope of such a project.

She continues on to the subject of how people are profoundly affected psychologically, and even spiritually once they have left Earth and entered the limitless void of outer space. She uses William Shatner’s experience as an example when he accepted Jeff Bezo’s invitation to fly into outer space using one of his Blue Origin capsules:

“I was crying,” Shatner said. “I didn’t know what I was crying about. I had to go off some place and sit down and think, what’s the matter with me? And I realized I was in grief.… It was the death that I saw in space and the lifeforce that I saw coming from the planet—the blue, the beige and the white. And I realized one was death and the other was life.”

This leads to the introduction of Dr. Iya Whiteley, a space psychologist with a pretty impressive background. She puts a few things into perspective that I’ve never really thought about, and leads me to wonder just how much more capable we are of “tuning in” to the Information Field when outside of the planet and all of its influences? Talk about overwhelming…

She explained that as astronauts would get farther and farther from the Earth, they would form their own rules, beliefs, and behaviors and, at times without any discussion, would form an understanding of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. These rules and behaviors could drastically differ from those of the society they left behind. Mission control and people on the ground might find these new rules and behaviors shocking and unacceptable, but given the surrounding circumstances, it would be natural to transition to these new rules.

It was through Iya that I learned about the psychology of space travel and new forms of consciousness that appear to develop within these new environments. Documented psychological states that are specific to space travel include the Overview Effect, which has received the most publicity, and the less glamorous state described by William Shatner, which appears to be an encounter with the numinous.

The Overview Effect was described by space theorist and author Frank White in the 1980s. At that time there were enough astronauts who reported similar feelings about being in space and seeing Earth from space to identify an initial pattern. White observed, “The Overview Effect is the experience of seeing the Earth from a distance, especially from orbit or the Moon, and realizing the inherent unity and oneness of everything on the planet. The Effect represents a shift in perception wherein the viewer moves from identification with parts of the Earth to identification with the whole system.” Astronaut Russell Schweickart described his experience as if he were part of Earth as a type of sensing instrument: “When you go around the Earth in an hour and a half, you begin to recognize that your identity is with that whole thing. And that makes a change.… It comes through to you so powerfully that you’re the sensing element for man.”

That’s just a quick synopsis of the Overview Effect. But then we have to consider what influence “hyperobjects” have upon our consciousness, leading to The Ultraview Effect:

Anthropologist Deana Weibel analyzes the reports of astronauts’ experiences in space and how they impact their cosmologies or views of the universe. She addresses the Overview Effect but also identifies another state, which she coined the Ultraview Effect. The Ultraview Effect incorporates the more perplexing and disturbing aspects of these new experiences. She explores the ways in which encountering the Earth and other celestial objects in ways never before experienced by human beings has influenced some astronauts’ cosmological understandings.

Weibel recognized that there was considerable overlap between astronauts’ descriptions and those described by scholar Timothy Morton with respect to “hyperobjects.” Morton wrote that hyperobjects are objects that exist yet are almost unfathomable to comprehend. They include objects found in other dimensions, such as Platonic solids, but also objects that are so large that they are a shock to human comprehension:

There exists a reality to certain huge objects or systems that is separate from humanity’s ability to perceive them. While human beings throughout the ages have had a slow but increasing awareness of large objects (like the globe or the ocean, for example), Morton specifically used hyperobject to refer to “massively distributed entities that can be thought or computered, but not directly touched or seen,” meaning our main awareness of them is achieved through the use of technology.

Weibel credits Morton for recognizing that “human ‘contact’ with these objects is transformative in a very disruptive way.” She notes, “Hyperobjects are normally phased, meaning we only see parts of them at any given time, so they seem to come and go. In this view, the reality of a thing exists apart from our piecemeal impressions of the reality of things, and at this point in time we are starting, slowly, to comprehend them in their entirety.”

Although Benjamin did not include hyperobjects—objects which are almost incomprehensible to human cognition—within his description of this shift, he certainly captured the spirit of the epoch just as it began. Significantly, Plato identified hyperobjects with the use of math. Math, and the technologies and computer languages that create them, is the bridge to this new shift in perspective.

That’s a lot to think about.

She ends the chapter stating that this field of research has the potential to be beneficial when also applied to the study of experiencers of UFO-related events and all the anomalies (psychological) that come with it. “These include nonordinary mental states that suggest a form of extended cognition to an organic information network.”

What she means by that, I guess I’m about to find out.

So Diana just released her newest book: Encounters: Experiences with Nonhuman Intelligences.

I’ve only made it through the first chapter, but there’s already some interesting things in here I would like to highlight. Her introductory chapter begins with a statement from “Tyler D.” (The same guy from American Cosmic.) He says:

If there is any validity at all to what “Tyler D.” is saying here, then that’s very telling. It’s going to be very soon when they actually attempt to begin colonizing Mars. And marketing space programs that target youth? I wonder the scope of such a project.

She continues on to the subject of how people are profoundly affected psychologically, and even spiritually once they have left Earth and entered the limitless void of outer space. She uses William Shatner’s experience as an example when he accepted Jeff Bezo’s invitation to fly into outer space using one of his Blue Origin capsules:

This leads to the introduction of Dr. Iya Whiteley, a space psychologist with a pretty impressive background. She puts a few things into perspective that I’ve never really thought about, and leads me to wonder just how much more capable we are of “tuning in” to the Information Field when outside of the planet and all of its influences? Talk about overwhelming…

That’s just a quick synopsis of the Overview Effect. But then we have to consider what influence “hyperobjects” have upon our consciousness, leading to The Ultraview Effect:

That’s a lot to think about.

She ends the chapter stating that this field of research has the potential to be beneficial when also applied to the study of experiencers of UFO-related events and all the anomalies (psychological) that come with it. “These include nonordinary mental states that suggest a form of extended cognition to an organic information network.”

What she means by that, I guess I’m about to find out.

this was an interesting post. i had comparable feelings when working at the european space agency = esa. i did not see my city or country as the most evident entity, but the whole planet i circled with my satellite on which i was working, later with the reusable rockets we were designing. i became a planetary entity, uninterested in national considerations. my mind was already in space, no more concerned with flat earth considerations.
i do not know if other esa staff members had similar feelings, but i am glad that this global feeling has been recognized here.

@Chaze from your quotes above, this part stood out to me the most:

The Overview Effect was described by space theorist and author Frank White in the 1980s. At that time there were enough astronauts who reported similar feelings about being in space and seeing Earth from space to identify an initial pattern. White observed, “The Overview Effect is the experience of seeing the Earth from a distance, especially from orbit or the Moon, and realizing the inherent unity and oneness of everything on the planet. The Effect represents a shift in perception wherein the viewer moves from identification with parts of the Earth to identification with the whole system.” Astronaut Russell Schweickart described his experience as if he were part of Earth as a type of sensing instrument: “When you go around the Earth in an hour and a half, you begin to recognize that your identity is with that whole thing. And that makes a change.… It comes through to you so powerfully that you’re the sensing element for man.”

(red bolding, mine)

Though I am not sure I completely understand what it all means, I have the feeling that this is important. I also wonder whether it is part of what the C's keep referring to as Wave reading consciousness units to describe us - human beings. Or how it relates to that. Fascinating!

I've watched an interview with Chris Bledsoe on Danny Jones's podcast yesterday's night. It turned out that he knows (mutually) Pasulka, and his experiences were strangely omitted in her book. From what I found on the internet, he used some material without her permission and also she didn't want to be officially connected with him, because he was kind of ridiculed in the mainstream. I found a good summary about him on Reddit (quoted below). When I listened to the interview, his experiences reminded me of David M. Jacobs's cases, and his stance about the good intentions of the extraterrestrials felt suspicious, he overall feels traumatized.
Christopher Bledsoe has become the most intriguing case of Human contact with non-Human intelligences in the last decade.

After a limited response from my original post, I decided to edit it and write up a few of the most interesting aspects of his case.

In 2007, Chris Bledsoe was fishing with his son and work colleagues in a remote area of North Carolina. At one stage of the evening he walked away from the group for what he believed was 15-20 minutes, whereby he saw 3 orbs of orange light move directly above him, the next minute he is walking back to the fire where the group was and almost 4 hours had passed. Whilst the group were looking for Chris, his son saw a small 3ft being that appeared in front of him in the forest and pinned him down for over an hour, simply just by looking at him. The group upon meeting again, all drove back in the one car extremely fast and terrified, whilst being followed by the orbs of light in the car. All members of the group saw these orbs and thought the world was ending.

Months after this experience, Chris decides to research where to report such an incidence, and he locates MUFON and informs them about the event, known by some as the Fayetteville river event. MUFON met Chris at his families property and decided to trial hypnotic regression on Chris to see what he could recall whilst being gone for those missing hours. Upon being regressed, he remembered being taken aboard a ship and looking at the Earth. Chris recalled meeting tall, thinly built beings with big eyes, that told him they were the Guardians, and that they care for Earth like a terrarium. Chris was flown to different locations on Earth, where these beings flew him across Egypt. And told him that the sphinx gazing at Regulus just before sunrise will mark Age of Aquarius and it turns out to be August 2026.

This experience bought a lot of trauma to Chris & his family, He is a successful businessman and a great family man, with four children. He was ridiculed by his conservative religious community of North Carolina Baptists. His experience with the beings on their ship also bought attention from several government agencies including NASA & the CIA. These visitations from the US government soon increased after Chris had another experience that blew his case wide open. Chris was awoken one night, when his children were having a large sleep over with their 3 sons friends, so his wife slept in the same room as his youngest daughter. So Chris woke up alone in bed at 3AM to a deep angelic voice saying "arise", Chris freaked out but was in a kind of trance, putting his shoes and socks on and getting dressed into warm clothing. He then walked outside and saw three humanoid beings of light. Just pure light beings. They told him to follow them, and he did, across a paddock and near to the forest edge as he lived on a large rural property. Chris then reached a certain point and saw a beautiful lady with blonde hair, blue eyes and a sparkling silvery dress that "looked like stars moving". She was floating off the ground, glowing and wearing no shoes. Being raised within a strict Christian community, Chris immediately thought she was an angel and knelt down in astonishment. She told him she is the Mother Goddess of the Universe, that she is the Devine feminine spirit, she is Universal Love and the Holy Spirit of the Sacred Trinity. After telling this experience to the Government agencies who were already studying him, they increased their attention and he became the first ET contactee case for Lue Elizondo's predecessor program to AATIP, AWSAP. He was astonished that these government agents, including some from NASA, knew about 'The Lady' and in fact, told Chris they revere her, but they don't know how to contact her and they don't know what she wants. They told Chris that she was probably the same spirit that visited the three children in Fátima in 1917. She is probably the same ancient goddess of many ancient cultures. She was probably fused into Jesus' Mother Mary by Christian propagandists in the late roman empire. She is likely to be the ancient mother goddess of all cultures, consistently representing Love, fertility, re-birth and the sacred feminine. This experience was even secretly reported to Pope Francis & Barrack Obama.

In Dr. Diana Pasulkas 'American Cosmic', the individual known as Tyler. D (who has since been identified as NASA employee Timothy Taylor) was introduced to Pasulka via his connection to Chris Bledsoe. Pasulka met Timothy Taylor through meeting Bledsoe.
When Pasulka first started her research on the phenomena, she contacted MUFON and asked for a local case study to research, asking MUFON if they can pass on her number to any local contactees. Pasulka happened to also live in North Carolina, whereby she was connected to Chris Bledsoe who lived in the same town, whilst also she taught at the same University as Chris' son Ryan Bledsoe. Pasulka infamously visited a UFO crash site in New Mexico with Timothy Taylor & Stanford Universities Professor Gary Nolan, where they collected actual fragments from a crashed Extraterrestrial craft. Timothy Taylor worked on the building of the Challenger shuttle mission and in a US Government program that researches Extraterrestrial technology & Extraterrestrial Biology. He has multiple patents, some inspired from the phenomena itself. He told Dr. Pasulka that the next big breakthrough in his field (Extraterrestrial technology), wont be a technical development of mechanics, but it will be from Dr. Pasulkas field; Religion. This is thought to be why he has taken such an interest in Chris's case. According to Ryan Bledsoe, Chris' son, Taylor told Ryan that his superior in the program was a Gentleman nicknamed 'The Hammer', and that 'The Hammer', according to what Taylor told Ryan, "worked for God".

Tom Delonge's to the Stars Academy was poised to make a Movie about the case of Chris Bledsoe, whereby Mel Gibson was purported to have been approached to play Chris. This movie is still on hiatus. Since his experience with the Female entity Chris has come to call The Lady in 2012, she met him again in 2019, saying there was a great tribulation coming (this was prior to covid), she said leaders in our society are deceiving the public (from what? who knows) and trying to bring about what is stated in the Bibles book of revelation. She told him "but finally Peace will come and Humanity will become aware of New Knowledge as we enter the age of Aquarius". These revelations by The Lady to Chris, were taken to Barrack Obama by Timothy Taylor himself. His message from The Lady was also taken to Pope Francis, whereby Pope Francis told him to be careful of all the white orbs that started appearing at Chris' property. The Pope told him that the Orbs are pure spirits of light, they are not harmful, they are just balls of loving conscious energy, but that the energy can cause harm if you get too close as they are such an intense energy. The Pope said they are the same orbs that appeared to St. Francis of Assisi who received the stigmata from these orbs, causing great pain in his hands. Chris calls them angels, but he also calls the Extraterrestrials "angels" who abducted him in that first encounter at the river, so he has a fluid use of the term angels. Chris states that the orbs get "excited" when he prays to The Lady, or meditates on her "loving energy". These orbs visit Chris on a daily basis now, whereby he constantly films and photos them, uploading the footage to his Instagram.

Pretty intense stuff.

Bledsoe's Instagram with orb videos:

"UFO of God" book:

Last edited:
Whoa, Ding, Ding!
This dude is Absolutely a “Red Flag” alert!

When I listened to the interview, his experiences reminded me of David M. Jacobs's cases, and his stance about the good intentions of the extraterrestrials felt suspicious, he overall feels traumatized.
I totally agree with you.
There is so much info on his website bio that reveals “the Agenda”.
Here’s a few of my responses to just his first paragraph:
“Chris Bledsoe, a deeply religious family man and successful business owner from North Carolina was on the verge of the unthinkable after losing everything in the 2007 financial crisis and suffering from a debilitating chronic disease.”

——-Boom! “Deeply ‘religious’ man”
He’s already got a template of blind, programmed belief, installed, easy target.
——-“losing everything”
Vulnerable, needy and afraid.
——“suffering from a debilitating CRONIC disease”
Geezus, got him in his vulnerability at its most harvestable stage, add in fear of dying...

Then, in the next paragraph, the typical “beseeching in the wilderness” goes down.
Huh, where have we heard about this before?
Oh, how bout
One example might be Ol’ Joseph Smith, (or should I say ‘young’ since he was only 14 )when the holy angel Macaroni gave HIM his download, gold plates and jabberwacky, and HE started the whole Mormon business.
Anyway;
“ Fishing along the banks of the Cape Fear River with three co-workers and his teenage son, he walks away from the group and cries out to God in a desperate prayer for help. Suddenly, a UFO appears and saves his life and cures him of his illness. Experiencing four hours of missing time, he returns to his group to find them dismayed. Terrified, they run for their lives as several UFOs chase them home.”

The typical trauma bonding of fear and comfort, ad nauseam.
For those of you interested in more:

This dude is Absolutely a “Red Flag” alert!
It seems so. Now, from David M. Jacobs's material, we know that some abductees were trained for some roles that will happen during and after some transformative event. Bledsoe, being an abductee along with his whole family, was given a time marker: "Sphinx gazing on Regulus just before the sunrise will mark Age of Aquarius". It's circa two years from now, and kind of fits as a culmination of the current progressively worsening global situation.
The second thing that got me thinking is that connection between Tyler D., Barry Obama, and Pope that Pasulka omitted in her book (but maybe it is in the newest one?). It feels nefarious, especially since Barry is ears deep in the whole Green Depopulation Agenda, which is also inspired by the same plan as lined by Jacobs.
I'm just wondering who that lady that visited Bledsoe was. Her lack of giving him exact details and display of care got me thinking that this was an STO manifestation, but on the other hand, she reinforced a conviction in him, that he was interacting with something godly. In alignment with the "good aliens" plan. I'm really curious what others here think, the interview with him is a good listen.

[…]
I'm just wondering who that lady that visited Bledsoe was. Her lack of giving him exact details and display of care got me thinking that this was an STO manifestation, but on the other hand, she reinforced a conviction in him, that he was interacting with something godly. In alignment with the "good aliens" plan. I'm really curious what others here think, the interview with him is a good listen.
Oh, yes, “The Lady”...
Well, that’s an easy one to answer, if you’ve read “The Wave”.
It was one of the most eye opening chapters, for me at least at the time, the “love and light” fad was really in swing, and saviours were dropping from every spaceship out there!
Whitley Striber was pitching his shtick hard at the time as well.
But, I digress.
Excerpt follows link:

“Then, we have that most interesting remark (also quoted in High Strangeness) made by our demon-possessed subject, Ann Haywood, who said:

“She puts the robe around me and then my mind separates from my body. I can look back and see it lying there. Then we go up through the ceiling, pop out the roof, and fly into space. One night the Lady took me back in time. We were in a foreign country and the people wore old-fashioned clothes. The Lady took on the appearance of a beautiful woman in a blue robe. She performed miracles for them…” Suddenly Ann’s face turned ashen and she asked to be excused. Her scream of pain was heard from the bathroom where she had taken refuge. When Ann came out, she was sniffling and holding her abdomen. The Lady had savagely attacked her for revealing that down through history, creatures like the Lady have taken the form of saints. They then use the gullibility of humankind to misguide and misinform people so that they believe they are seeing miracles performed. Ann begged the newsman to delete that portion of the interview. (Osborn, 1983; emphasis added)

It's circa two years from now, and kind of fits as a culmination of the current progressively worsening global situation.
Yeah, but beware of prophetic dates, for someone who can travel through time, they become playthings.

I recently finished the contact trilogy bu Jacques Vallee, and cases like what this guy is presenting are studied and dissected. There's no better way to approach UFO contact, in you're looking to create a following, than a religious dogma, one that relies on people's wish to believe something fantastic, because it is more stimulating, than reality.

Back
Top Bottom