Distal Bicep Tear

Do the surgery. I had surgery on my shoulder after years and years of pain from an old injury. I do NOT regret getting it fixed.

Also, we've been experimenting with comfrey compress and DMSO. Seems to be a regular miracle. Just simmer the leaves in enough water to cover them, strain lightly and wrap in gauze. Pour two or three tablespoons of DMSO (pure) on the compress. Put in place, cover with plastic wrap and tape securely. Keep it on overnight. Amazing relief!!! Truly amazing!

I'm in for my operation tomorrow and got a question with regards to after the operation. A few of you have mentioned Comfrey and DMSO.

I understand that you can by creams/oils etc after advice here and reading various threads on the forum. I'm wondering if it Would it be worth me Ingesting the comfrey as tea? I can purchase it of Amazon UK.

Looking at Laura's response she's soaking the comfrey leaves in water and applying DMSO pure (liquid) on the affected area? I won't be able to do that immediately until the wound heals and looking into what dmso to purchase the only pure I found was an equine one. Would the tea assist in the first phase after the op and then look to apply creams etc When the wound has healed. I'm under the understanding that the sling won't be removed in the early stages after the op and I have to sleep in it.

Any advice on comfrey or DMSO to purchase from the UK would be appreciated. I find it daunting when looking and I'm not sure which ones to buy.

Hi All,

Had the operation today and the tendon has been reattached.

It wasn't straight forward as the tendon had folded back on itself so the surgeon had to make 2 incisions. I'm on a lot of pain relief and feeling groggy. Rehab beings tomorrow but only only 2 exercises given to me at the moment.

One of them the physio showed me today causes a lot of pain hopefully will improve tomorrow.

The surgeon advised the op was a success.

Thanks for everyone's advice and help. :zzz:

Glad to hear your surgery was a success, Bull. Hope you have a speedy recovery! :flowers:

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that it was successful, TheBull! I hope you have a speedy recovery :flowers:

Lilou said:
Glad to hear your surgery was a success, Bull. Hope you have a speedy recovery! :flowers:
Thanks Lilou and glad to see that your mum is slowly recovering hope your alright as well.

Foxx said:
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that it was successful, TheBull! I hope you have a speedy recovery :flowers:
Foxx I've ordered the gelatin you suggested and glycine so fingers crossed it will assist me in the healing process.

Glad to hear things went well, :) wishing you an easy recovery!

Glycine is so nice in tea! Hope you enjoy it,
Also the gelatin/ collagen powder goes well with tea! So you can take both of those in one with a black tea (if you like it) :)

Lilou said:

Ditto, Thebull. I would like to suggest that you do pipe breathing throughout the day, too. It helps with pain and healing. :)

Nienna said:
Lilou said:

Ditto, Thebull. I would like to suggest that you do pipe breathing throughout the day, too. It helps with pain and healing. :)
I've been doing the breathing, I'm just preparing to do a daily schedule of EE again as with my hours it had almost dropped from my routine.
Lilyalic said:
Glad to hear things went well, :) wishing you an easy recovery!

Glycine is so nice in tea! Hope you enjoy it,
Also the gelatin/ collagen powder goes well with tea! So you can take both of those in one with a black tea (if you like it) :)
The glycine is in capsules I'm hoping that won't make any difference. I'll try the gelatin in tea.

3D Student said:
Glad to hear Thebull! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Take it easy! :)
Thanks 3D student hooping I can be patient and positive.

I've just started taking a comfrey Herbal tea would any one have thoughts whether it would be effective as a cream. I can't apply cream at the moment so took a chance with the tea.

Thebull said:
I've just started taking a comfrey Herbal tea would any one have thoughts whether it would be effective as a cream. I can't apply cream at the moment so took a chance with the tea.

Glad the surgery went well!

In general, it is not recommended to take comfrey orally, specially those who have a toxic load and have liver dysfunction. Comfrey tea should be safer though. Topically, it will make wonders for you. More information on this thread:

Comfrey
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21597.msg226563.html#msg226563

Here is a place where you can get the leaf:

_https://www.amazon.co.uk/JustIngredients-Essential-Comfrey-Leaf-Kg/dp/B00I9WZJ6G/ref=sr_1_15_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466518092&sr=8-15&keywords=comfrey

Gaby said:
Thebull said:

Glad the surgery went well!

In general, it is not recommended to take comfrey orally, specially those who have a toxic load and have liver dysfunction. Comfrey tea should be safer though. Topically, it will make wonders for you. More information on this thread:

Comfrey

Here is a place where you can get the leaf:

_https://www.amazon.co.uk/JustIngredients-Essential-Comfrey-Leaf-Kg/dp/B00I9WZJ6G/ref=sr_1_15_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1466518092&sr=8-15&keywords=comfrey
I read the comfrey thread on my holiday. I only purchased 25 tea bags. I was going to drink a cup a day.

I may just do 5 days on and 5 days off I'll just be careful to see how I feel while I'm drinking them. I don't like taking lots of painkillers I'm gong to stop taking them tomorrow and see how I get on.

Glad to hear your surgery was a success, Bull! Hope you have a speedy recovery! :flowers:

Gaby said:

Comfrey

I've use it on some cracked ribs and a thumb joint that was sort of hyper-extended -- worked great and sped up the healing! In my case I made a tea concentrate then added some olive oil and a bit of bees wax that when cooled down to room temp turns into a salve (recipes are on the net via Google). Next time I'd probably use MCT oil.

Glad to hear your surgery went good :)

A Jay said:
Glad to hear your surgery was a success, Bull! Hope you have a speedy recovery! :flowers:

Likewise, glad to hear that your surgery went well Thebull - and wishing you a quick recovery :)

Back
Top Bottom