Distal Bicep Tear

Mr.Cyan said:
Likewise, glad to hear that your surgery went well Thebull - and wishing you a quick recovery :)

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, TheBull. I use a homoeopathic Comfrey cream- it is one of the best remedies in my tool kit. Definitely great for healing bones, tendons and ligaments, while Arnica is best for muscle issues (bruising). Used with DMSO, it should help with the healing. Wishing you the best!

One week now since the operation.

I'd been taking a number of different pain killers after the op. I also started EE last Tuesday the full program. On Thursday I felt incredibly drpressed which I think was due to the pain killers and reaction to the ba-ha section of the EE. It's a while since I've practiced EE. I've continued with the pipe breathing and am completely of my pain medication now.

It's been frustrating as with the sling on its difficult to do anything at all. The EE has helped me to come to terms with the situation and manage the pain. Fingers crossed I'm now healing well.

Arwenn said:
Mr.Cyan said:
Likewise, glad to hear that your surgery went well Thebull - and wishing you a quick recovery :)

Glad to hear that you are on the mend, TheBull. I use a homoeopathic Comfrey cream- it is one of the best remedies in my tool kit. Definitely great for healing bones, tendons and ligaments, while Arnica is best for muscle issues (bruising). Used with DMSO, it should help with the healing. Wishing you the best!

Excellent with your operation. And good luck with your therapy and recovery Thebull.

Can't stress enough the added befits of DMSO will aid with your rehabilitation efforts. It has helped me (as well) with a bruised clavicle, some trauma to a bicep, and some pain with carpal tunnel syndrome.

The stuff is, a miracle medication. Take care.

DMSO - The Real Miracle Solution
Gabriela Segura, M.D.
Sott.net
Thu, 12 May 2011 08:12 UTC
https://www.sott.net/article/228453-DMSO-The-Real-Miracle-Solution
DMSO_title.jpg

Added: Read the above article for reference 3 time's on Dot connector Mag. just to be safe.

c.a. said:
Arwenn said:
Mr.Cyan said:

Excellent with your operation. And good luck with your therapy and recovery Thebull.

Can't stress enough the added befits of DMSO will aid with your rehabilitation efforts. It has helped me (as well) with a bruised clavicle, some trauma to a bicep, and some pain with carpal tunnel syndrome.

The stuff is, a miracle medication. Take care.

DMSO - The Real Miracle Solution
Gabriela Segura, M.D.
Sott.net
Thu, 12 May 2011 08:12 UTC
https://www.sott.net/article/228453-DMSO-The-Real-Miracle-Solution
DMSO_title.jpg
I was reading the thread on DMSO the other day and I'm planning to purchase some but only found it for equine. Need to source some in the uk. Any ideas anyone?

Thebull said:
I was reading the thread on DMSO the other day and I'm planning to purchase some but only found it for equine. Need to source some in the uk. Any ideas anyone?

Late reply but you can get pharma grade solution on Ebay and do what you will with that from there.

Carl said:
Thebull said:

Late reply but you can get pharma grade solution on Ebay and do what you will with that from there.
Hi Carl/Lainey,

Thanks for the response. I ended up buying it from lucky Vitamans and paid an import charge. Although it was an additional £12 on top of the product price I bought 2 tubs (rose scented and with distilled water) I have been amazed at the results. I'll bear your suggestions in mind next time I need to purchase some.

I have applied the 99% DMSO with distilled water with comfrey oil about once every three days for the last 4 weeks. I'm nearly 2 months since my op and I'm still been very careful when I'm lifting with the injured right arm. I'm not lifting much more then a can of soup at the moment. The arm has almost a full range of movement back and the pAin has subsided now. I would recommend this pretty amazing and I really do appreciate all the advice I've had. I found the DMSO stings quite a bit for about an hour after application. I apply it about 2 hours before bed so it doesn't effect my sleep.

It's been a great relief the injury healing quickly with the other drama I've been dealing with.

Take care people over 40. Especially when lifting heavy weights. Eating connective tissue, collagen, thin bones and bone broth, on the keto diet should give more protection for your aging body that simply cannot handle the same wear and tear you forced it to endure in your youth.

It appears the body is giving out at around 40, especially these connective tissue injuries are common. Most notable persons I know of:

Muscular Jace Hall, famous game developer[Monolith] and Jace Hall Show creator, complained in his blog years ago that during a heavy weight pushing exercise something has torn in his back while lying on the bench and he can't do same amount of exercises ever since.

Jet Li, the famous asian martial arts movie actor complained that during a shooting he felt something being torn inside him [torso area] and it is causing him pain since and he cannot do his more daring martial arts stunts anymore. Doctors couldn't find anything. Age and ignorance about the diet and thoughtlessly continuing the youthful lifestyle and forcing the aging body to endure physical strain that a young body could bear.

Inflammation increases with increasing toxicity with age - as an aging body fills up with toxins reaching critical levels - and could cause tissues simply giving up.

Could continually multiplying micro fractures in the bones [from shocks] have their cousins in the fascia and tendon injuries: where fascia and tendons could suffer micro-tears that build up with time to a point, where it becomes suddenly completely torn?

Gurdjieff tells the tale of a wooden carriage of fantastic quality, freshly built that runs so splendidly for years and years then as it suffers mounting damage, in the end it suddenly explodes into wooden fragments and is destroyed.

lilies said:
Take care people over 40. Especially when lifting heavy weights. Eating connective tissue, collagen, thin bones and bone broth, on the keto diet should give more protection for your aging body that simply cannot handle the same wear and tear you forced it to endure in your youth.

It appears the body is giving out at around 40, especially these connective tissue injuries are common. Most notable persons I know of:

Muscular Jace Hall, famous game developer[Monolith] and Jace Hall Show creator, complained in his blog years ago that during a heavy weight pushing exercise something has torn in his back while lying on the bench and he can't do same amount of exercises ever since.

Jet Li, the famous asian martial arts movie actor complained that during a shooting he felt something being torn inside him [torso area] and it is causing him pain since and he cannot do his more daring martial arts stunts anymore. Doctors couldn't find anything. Age and ignorance about the diet and thoughtlessly continuing the youthful lifestyle and forcing the aging body to endure physical strain that a young body could bear.

Inflammation increases with increasing toxicity with age - as an aging body fills up with toxins reaching critical levels - and could cause tissues simply giving up.

Could continually multiplying micro fractures in the bones [from shocks] have their cousins in the fascia and tendon injuries: where fascia and tendons could suffer micro-tears that build up with time to a point, where it becomes suddenly completely torn?

Gurdjieff tells the tale of a wooden carriage of fantastic quality, freshly built that runs so splendidly for years and years then as it suffers mounting damage, in the end it suddenly explodes into wooden fragments and is destroyed.
I think you are right to say people need to be aware over 40. I also know I need to change my diet and the information contained on the forum is second to none. The diet is my most difficult task though as eating differently from my wife and child is an extremely hard task for me. I have to eat well with supplement's to make sure I have optimum health.

In my own head I thought I was very fit for my age and mentally/spiritually in a very good place. The injury and surrounding events have destroyed this illusion completely. Over the last few weeks I have been very low and you have given me another dose of reality in your post. Over the last week especially I have suffered from bouts of what I would describe as chronic dissociation and I haven't felt anything like this since a very difficult period in my twenties. This is my own fault and I am starting to work through this slowly but that's for another thread.

I also found keyholes quote below very helpful below.
Quote from keyhole
Ok, sounds to me like you are chronically dehydrated and this is most likely why you have actually torn your bicep. Thebull, my advice would be to increase water intake by at least 3 times the amount at work and probably 10 time the amount while at home. Muscles, ligaments and tendons are composed and held together by collagen fibers (a structural protein).

Collagen fibres are meant to give the muscle strength and resistance to stress, and basically to protect the area from tearing. Water is an integral component of collagen and makes up roughly 60% by weight. Chronic dehydration literally dries out collagen causing it to shrink and become brittle. Your environment also determines how easily you retain water in the body. EMF and blue light (working in a pub) lessens the body's ability to retain water, and therefore also factors into dehydration.

Quite simply, your muscle tore because of the lack of water you consume. A good idea would be to drastically increase water uptake, especially at work. This will actually increase recovery time aswell. Hope everything goes smoothly

Finally, if you don't mind me asking... roughly which area in the UK do you live? Most areas are OK, but some area's tap water is heavily fluoridated. If you are drinking fluoridated water, this greatly compacts the problem.[/ quote]

In my own head I thought I was very fit for my age and mentally/spiritually in a very good place. The injury and surrounding events have destroyed this illusion completely. Over the last few weeks I have been very low and you have given me another dose of reality in your post. Over the last week especially I have suffered from bouts of what I would describe as chronic dissociation and I haven't felt anything like this since a very difficult period in my twenties. This is my own fault and I am starting to work through this slowly but that's for another thread.

Human behavior flows from three main sources: desire, emotion, and knowledge.
Plato

Rewire & Evolve Your Brain

https://youtu.be/Z0JPunoP6Io

Well it's now 4 months since the op and the hostpital has signed me of. I followed nhs physotherapy routine which didn't really strengthen it but my the movement seems to be good. I am now starting a weight program to get my strength to return. Unfortunately I've been very ill with flu like symptoms over the last 2 weeks so it's slowed me down. (Need vit c) money's a bit tight at the moment though.

I do have some numbness in my forearm the surgeon thinks this is normal. I know I should of followed my own program and I think I'd of been at full capacity now. I didn't do this due to what was going on in the background with my old work situation in case I caused myself an injury, I regret this now but will start seriously once I recover from this cold. Thanks for all your advice and support.

Back
Top Bottom