Does ChatGPT know how to lie?

Interesting thing is that it gave me quite correct information about Gurdijeff and his teachings, but when I started to ask about things like people who were in his group or who knew him personally, it was making answers up. So I think it's knowledge on topics is not too detailed. We need to remember that it's not "surfing the internet" to look for answers, but rather has a limited base of data.

I wouldn't use it to gain knowledge. We'll never know if it's making things up or not, if it's not even able to provide sources.

But it's a great tool when it comes to activities like:
  • writing a code - you can even use it for writing expressions for 3D programs and that's really cool and helpful! It can also find inaccuracies in a written code, which can be very time saving. There's of course a dark side of it - soon it'll be able to replace beginner programmers. But until then, someone has to ask him specific requests tho.
  • it helps creating new ideas on... almost every topic (I tested it's creativity when I had to figure out what to record for classes and the meaning behind it), but you have to know how to ask because if you don't guide him or don't dig deep enough it just will give you very shallow ideas. And of course it won't always work wonders, sometimes it has stupid ideas.
  • planning, organizing stuff, creating marketing plans
  • it understands the context of a coversation, which is a huge step ahead. It can create ideas based on things that were said before.
  • it can help with learning languages, it can create exercises
  • editing text, writing emails, posts etc.
  • and of course math
So it's a purely functional tool and when it's used that way, it's quite great.

Back
Top Bottom