Donations

I would like to know if sending my contribution via fellowship account is ok. For me it is the easier way, like I have done in other occasions.

loreta said:
I agree on everything you say. We are listed and I don't care. But it is easy to be afraid if you live in a country like USA. It is easy to be afraid if you believe in their words, if you accept what they say as something real. Propaganda is very strong, and Propaganda is very similar to brainwash.

I remember the day when we had the terrorist attack in Madrid. I was a sleeper at that time and I felt very very scary. The day after I had a Yoga class and I had to take the metro: I was so afraid that I did not go to my Yoga class. To be aware of what is happening now, of the Propaganda, is to loose fear and walk with certainty.

I don't know if we ever lose the fear. But having courage is what is important. Courage is being afraid but doing what you know is right anyway.

Nienna Eluch said:
loreta said:
I agree on everything you say. We are listed and I don't care. But it is easy to be afraid if you live in a country like USA. It is easy to be afraid if you believe in their words, if you accept what they say as something real. Propaganda is very strong, and Propaganda is very similar to brainwash.

I remember the day when we had the terrorist attack in Madrid. I was a sleeper at that time and I felt very very scary. The day after I had a Yoga class and I had to take the metro: I was so afraid that I did not go to my Yoga class. To be aware of what is happening now, of the Propaganda, is to loose fear and walk with certainty.

I don't know if we ever lose the fear. But having courage is what is important. Courage is being afraid but doing what you know is right anyway.

You are right: sometimes I still have fear but I do things I have to do. Fear is there but courage is stronger. Courage gives you energy, and strength.

Loreta

WhiteBear said:
I brought the current fund-raising activity to my wife's attention last night, and she was concerned that any donation we make to SOTT may flag us as financially backing a domestic terrorist group. My immediate reaction was laughter, but after thinking about it, I'm not so sure it was funny. Things are getting pretty bad here in the States, as you all well know...it's looking like end-game time, soon. I'm certainly going to send something to the Boulder address, but it may be $5 here and there spread out over several Hallmark moments, LOL.

After sending through my donation last night the same thought entered my mind, I dismissed it as quickly as it had come, as I didn't care if it registered with the PTB. This actually surprised me as five years ago I would have felt very different - I never wanted to make waves and didn't think for myself (still sleeping then). :zzz:

It was at that moment I remembered the scene from the movie "V for Vendetta" where the female lead (Natalie Portman) is captured and tortured in order to cooperate with the "authorities". After some time she is asked if she is willing to cooperate, In which she replies with a confident "No", and later tells her captor "I would rather die behind the chemical sheds". Proving she was no longer afraid.

My courage of conviction can only be attributed to the knowledge I have acquired from years of research (still have a long way to go). The information received from this forum, and SOTT has played a big part in getting me to this point, and for that I sincerely thank all those involved. :flowers: The decision to donate to the cause of SOTT continuing to do what they do best, offer knowledge and informative discussions, is (as far as I'm concerned) a "no brainer".

WhiteBear said:
Oh, no...I don't feel bad at all, and I understand what you're saying. And please don't think that anyone in my home thinks anything SOTT-related is actually "domestic terrorism". It's not our perception that would get us into hot water, it's theirs. Of course I know that they're monitoring forum activity, but as of right now, they're not prosecuting that. But financial backing is a horse of a different color.

Yeah, well I did my Federal Income Taxes a few weeks ago and proudly listed "Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind" among my charitable contributions, as I did for 2010 also. They haven't hauled me away... yet! :evil:

I made a donation.

I feel a bit heady, shaky and sweaty -.-

We aren't in a great financial situation. I went online to check our bank account to see if there was anything spare in there at the moment - and to my fury, found my husband had spent over £70 on LUNCH over the past 2 weeks, when we are scraping to pay bills. The primary reason I didn't feel confident enough to donate was of course, needing money to pay bills, buy groceries - and feeling GUILT at spending money on things that -I- felt was important.

Sorry that probably sounds a bit like a rant. I'm angry and a bit upset. That the people I love and care about can be so frivolous and thoughtless. And that I am bound by feeling GUILT to their benefit which stops me from doing the things I FEEL are important.

Ok bit of childish foot stomping over ;)

Donation should be under the name K C =) Hope that's ok to put here - feel free to edit it out if it's not.

I have just sent a donation of 150 euros to the FOTCM account.I hope it is ok doing it to this account.

With the establishment of Community St. Martin, is the old paypal donation address in the donate button at the top right still valid for non-US citizens? :knitting:

Hello,

After my last trip to Europe in 2013, I found that I had extra Euros left in my wallet upon returning home to the United States. I put them (three notes worth €70) with a greeting card and sent it to the Castelsarrasin address as a donation. I can hope that it was received.

Now, inexplicably, I just found even more notes! in my bookbag (which accompanied me on my last trip). I'd like to send these to the chateau, again in a greeting card as before.

This time I guess that I had better notify everyone ahead of time. Just so that I can get confirmation that these notes will be received. Not knowing leaves me anxious about it all.

If you have advice or tips before I drop another greeting card in the mail (Par avion), please let me know. Otherwise, keep an eye on your post box.

Thank you all very much!

whitecoast said:
With the establishment of Community St. Martin, is the old paypal donation address in the donate button at the top right still valid for non-US citizens? :knitting:

Sorry for the late reply on this one WC. We're asking non-US residents to donate directly to the Community in France. Details down the page here

http://paleochristianity.org/support-the-fellowship/

aluminumfalcon said:
Hello,

After my last trip to Europe in 2013, I found that I had extra Euros left in my wallet upon returning home to the United States. I put them (three notes worth €70) with a greeting card and sent it to the Castelsarrasin address as a donation. I can hope that it was received.

Now, inexplicably, I just found even more notes! in my bookbag (which accompanied me on my last trip). I'd like to send these to the chateau, again in a greeting card as before.

This time I guess that I had better notify everyone ahead of time. Just so that I can get confirmation that these notes will be received. Not knowing leaves me anxious about it all.

If you have advice or tips before I drop another greeting card in the mail (Par avion), please let me know. Otherwise, keep an eye on your post box.

Thank you all very much!

Hi AF! Thank you for your support! Ideally cash wouldn't be sent in the mail, but if there is no other option then perhaps the safest way to do so would be to send to the US HQ as registered mail.

Thanks again

Perceval said:
whitecoast said:

Sorry for the late reply on this one WC. We're asking non-US residents to donate directly to the Community in France. Details down the page here

I had a look at that page, but it is all in French.
Not wanting to make any mistakes, I used the US page.
If the French page could be dual language that would solve the problem.
N'est-ce pas?

MusicMan said:
Perceval said:
whitecoast said:

N'est-ce pas?

Not sure what you mean. That page is all in English. Half way down it reads

Donate now to support Communauté Saint Martin in France

To make a donation to CSM in Euros, please use the Donate or Subscribe buttons below:

Click on the donate link and it takes you to paypal where you can login and donate. :huh:

MusicMan said:
N'est-ce pas?

From memory, when I did my donation a couple of months ago, I remember it being in French, and I was having trouble logging into PayPal, so I decided to use credit card, at some point I was prompted with a screen for my particlars starting with country, when I selected Australia the whole page changed to English, then I was re prompted for my PayPal info and this time it worked as per normal.

MusicMan said:
N'est-ce pas?

That's the page that Paypal presents after clicking the Donation button. I think it is in French because the CSM account is a French account. I'm now sure how to make it dual language though.

Back
Top Bottom