Ebola & Updates

Altair said:
Ebola vaccine pioneer joked about use of genetically engineered virus to cull human population

https://youtu.be/stGT6NcxVRQ?feature=player_embedded

Source: _http://www.naturalnews.com/046347_ebola_vaccine_genetically_engineered_virus_depopulation.html

I heard them making a [stupid] joke, not a proclamation. Yes, I agree these bastards would probably do it, but this isn't what I would call evidence.

While I appreciate this post, I would just like to suggest that we be careful about assigning motives or intentions when we don't know for sure. Again, he may be serious, but we can't tell from this video.

Let's keep those minds working! ;D

Alkhemist said:
I heard them making a [stupid] joke, not a proclamation. Yes, I agree these bastards would probably do it, but this isn't what I would call evidence.

While I appreciate this post, I would just like to suggest that we be careful about assigning motives or intentions when we don't know for sure. Again, he may be serious, but we can't tell from this video.

A joke can be a more "acceptable" way to say something that has a condemnation of normal society. And pathological persons can be very pranksters.

l apprenti de forgeron said:
Alkhemist said:

A joke can be a more "acceptable" way to say something that has a condemnation of normal society. And pathological persons can be very pranksters.

True -- but my point was that this can't be used as evidence.

loreta said:
I asked again to my sister, who works in a hospital in Montreal, if they are ready for Ebola. She, again, told me that not more then for another infectious illness. I agree with you that here, in Spain we are in the HOT SPOT and vue our incompetent policies we surely are not ready at all for Ebola, if Ebola comes.

There is now an Ebola protocol which most doctors don't know. The administrators and bosses know it. There are "space suits" and specific steps to derive patients from provincial hospitals to the ones in main cities. I had to ask what was planned, if anything, in case of a suspicious Ebola case.

Coincidentally, I saw a case of "buboes" today. It is an old disease caused by a flesh eating bacteria. For me it was surprising to see it in a person without diabetes. Amazingly, the person is doing well. It reminded me how people with the plague who had buboes which were drained and/or "excised" survived.

Ebola is an hemorraghic fever right now, but it makes me wonder if mutations plus the surrounding microbii cocktail will lead into something quite particular in its clinical manifestations.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/canada-pulling-ebola-lab-team-from-sierra-leone-who-pulls-team-after-2nd-worker-contracts-virus/#comments

August 2014 – AFRICA - Canada is evacuating a three-member mobile laboratory team from Sierra Leone after people in their hotel were diagnosed with Ebola. The World Health Organization earlier announced it is pulling a team out of the country. The Public Agency of Canada said in a statement late Tuesday none of the team members had any direct contact with the sick individuals and they are not showing any signs of illness. They will remain in voluntary isolation and be monitored closely. The laboratory team was helping to control the outbreak there by helping health care workers diagnose and rule out infections. The agency did not say what city the team was in. Canada said it will send in another team once it is deemed safe.

Canada has been rotating three teams of scientists in out and out of West Africa. The World Health Organization said earlier Tuesday is pulling out its team from the eastern Sierra Leonean city of Kailahun, where an epidemiologist working with the organization was recently infected. The current outbreak has killed at least 120 healthcare workers. Daniel Kertesz, the organization’s representative in the country, said that the team was exhausted and that the added stress of a colleague getting sick could increase the risk of mistakes. The disease has overwhelmed the already shaky health systems in some of the world’s poorest countries. The outbreak has killed more than 1,400 people in West Africa. There is no proven treatment for Ebola, so health workers primarily focus on isolating the sick. According to WHO, the Ebola outbreak has killed more than half of the more than 2,600 people sickened. The U.N. agency said an unprecedented 240 health care workers have been infected. –Jakarta Post

WHO Ebola worker to be flown to Germany: A second World Health Organization (WHO) staff member has been infected with Ebola in West Africa and will be evacuated to Germany, health officials said Wednesday. The announcement comes a day after the WHO shut a laboratory in Sierra Leone, after a Senegalese epidemiologist was infected with the deadly virus. The unnamed WHO worker will be treated in a university hospital in Hamburg-Eppendorf, hospital spokesman Rico Schmidt told dpa. The patient was expected to land in the northern city of Hamburg Wednesday and be transferred to the hospital in an isolated emergency vehicle. It was unclear in which West African country the WHO worker had been infected with the virus. The Ebola death toll across West Africa had risen to 1,427 by August23, according to the WHO, with a total of 2,615 suspected or confirmed cases in the region. Ebola causes massive hemorrhaging and has a fatality rate of up to 90%. The disease is transmitted through contact with blood and other bodily fluids. –The Nation

The Extinction Protocol says:

August 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Looks like the perfect storm for something extremely ominous

http://news.yahoo.com/perfect-storm-ebola-spread-says-virus-pioneer-114203396.html

November 16, 2001: Dead microbiologist: Dr. Don Wiley, 57, disappears during a business trip to Memphis, Tennessee. He had just bought tickets to take his son to Graceland the following day. Police found his rental car on a bridge outside Memphis. His body was later found in the Mississippi River. Forensic experts said he may have had a dizzy spell and fallen off the bridge. Police will only say, “We began this investigation as a missing person investigation. From there it went to a more criminal bent.” “Wiley was seen as one of the world’s leading researchers of deadly viruses, including HIV and the Ebola virus.” Wiley worked at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Harvard University, and was an expert on the immune system’s response to viral attacks. He was widely regarded as the nation’s foremost expert in using special X-ray cameras and mathematical formulas to make high-resolution images of viruses.

November 2, 2004: John R. La Montagne
–Expertise: Head of US Infectious Diseases unit under Tommie Thompson. Was NIAID Deputy Director. –Circumstance of Death: Died while in Mexico, no cause stated.

April 18, 2005: Douglas Passaro, 43
–Expertise: He was an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health and had been an outbreak investigator with the Epidemic Intelligence Service for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention before completing an Infectious Diseases Fellowship at Stanford University in 2001. –Circumstance of Death: Died suddenly at his Oak Park home.

June 7, 2005: Leonid Strachunsky (age unknown)
–Expertise: World Health Organization expert and director of the Anti-Microbe Therapy Research Institute who specialized in creating microbes resistant to biological weapons, to the hepatitis outbreak.

–Circumstance of Death: He was found dead in his hotel room in Moscow, where he came from Smolensk en route to the United States. He had been hit on the head with a champagne bottle, and some of his possessions were missing.

Not suggesting any conspiracies, just saying with the loss of these scientists, and the loss of virologists, doctors, and healthcare workers in the current outbreak – we’re in deep trouble.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104×594709

The 3rd doctor dies in Sierra Leone:

Mystery: infected epidemiologist had no contact with patients, as 3rd doctor dies from Ebola in Sierra Leone

_https://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2014/08/27/mystery-infected-epidemiologist-had-no-contact-with-patients-as-3rd-doctor-dies-from-ebola-in-sierra-leone/

August 2014 – AFRICA – A third top doctor has died from Ebola in Sierra Leone, a government official said Wednesday, as health workers tried to determine how a fourth scientist also contracted the disease before being evacuated to Europe. The announcements raised worries about Sierra Leone’s fight against Ebola, which already has killed more than 1,400 people across West Africa. The World Health Organization said it was sending a team to investigate how the epidemiologist now undergoing treatment in Germany may have contracted the disease that kills more than half its victims. “The international surge of health workers is extremely important and if something happens, if health workers get infected and it scares off other international health workers from coming, we will be in dire straits,” said Christy Feig, director of WHO communications. Dr. Sahr Rogers had been working at a hospital in the eastern town of Kenema when he contracted Ebola, said Sierra Leonean presidential adviser Ibrahim Ben Kargbo on Wednesday. Two other top doctors already have succumbed to Ebola since the outbreak emerged there earlier this year, including Dr. Sheik Humarr Khan, who also treated patients in Kenema. Rogers’ death marks yet another setback for Sierra Leone, a country still recovering from years of civil war, where there are only two doctors per 100,000 people, according to WHO. By comparison, there are 245 doctors per 100,000 in the United States. The Senegalese epidemiologist who was evacuated to Germany had been doing surveillance work for the U.N. health agency, said Feig, the WHO spokeswoman. (...)

The reader comment beneath the article:

Did “somebody” spray the air???

Hope that Sott will be back up soon, so a link can be put there in response, to the articles talking about the transmission via air as well as the Vitamin C cure.

Ebola mutating very fast! Scientists dig into Ebola's deadly DNA for clues
http://www.sott.net/article/284573-Ebola-mutating-very-fast-Scientists-dig-into-Ebolas-deadly-DNA-for-clues

Ebola exploded after that funeral and has now killed at least 1,552 people in West Africa. It's probably more than that, with 40 percent of the cases in the last three weeks, according to the World Health Organization. WHO officials said Thursday the outbreak continues to accelerate and could reach more than 20,000 cases eventually.

Gire and more than 50 colleagues - five of whom died from Ebola while fighting the outbreak in Africa - have mapped the genetic code of this strain of Ebola, and in so doing showed how crucial that May funeral was. They hope to use that to track mutations that could become more worrisome the longer the outbreak lasts. This detailed genetic mapping also could eventually make a bit of a difference in the way doctors spot and fight the disease, especially with work in preliminary vaccines.

On Thursday, officials at the National Institutes of Health announced that they were launching safety trials on a preliminary vaccine for Ebola. Researchers have already checked that still-not-tested vaccine against some of the more than 350 mutations in this strain of Ebola to make sure the changes the disease is making won't undercut science's hurried efforts to fight it, said Pardis Sabeti, a scientist at Harvard University and its affiliated Broad Institute.

She and Gire, also at Broad and Harvard, are two of the lead authors of a study, published Thursday in the journal Science, that maps the killer disease strain based on specimens collected from 78 patients.

The virus has mutated more than 300 times from previous strains of Ebola, Gire said. Researchers have also pinpointed about 50 places in the genetic code where the virus has changed since this outbreak started. So far, they don't know what any of those mutations mean, but they hope to find out.

Gire said it is mutating in the faster side of the normal range for viruses of its type. That becomes worrisome because as time goes on and the disease spreads, it gives the strain more opportunity to mutate into something even harder to fight, perhaps making it stronger or easier to spread, Sabeti said. It could also mutate to make it weaker.

Senegal now is the next country with Ebola. :(

The Ebola virus has spread to Senegal as the deadliest outbreak in history gets worse

As the Ebola outbreak worsens — with the death toll spiraling and the World Health Organization warning that 20,000 people could eventually be infected — another West African country has confirmed that the deadly virus has crossed its borders.

Senegal confirmed its first case of Ebola on Friday, according to a statement from Health Minister Awa Marie Coll Seck. The patient, a Guinean national who traveled to Senegal, is in quarantine.

The news brings the number of countries impacted by the outbreak up to five: Sierra Leone, Liberia and Senegal’s neighbor, Guinea, have seen the bulk of the 3,069 reported Ebola infections in the region, according to the WHO. More than half of those infected have died. The virus also spread to Nigeria through a traveling Liberian-American man. A separate outbreak of a different strain of Ebola has been reported in Congo.

As the outbreak worsened in West Africa, Senegal took aggressive measures to prevent the virus from spreading across its borders. Last week, the country closed its borders with neighboring Guinea out of fear that the virus might come to Senegal. That closure prevented any flights headed to Guinea, Sierra Leone or Liberia from touching down on Senegal’s soil. The World Health Organization counts 607 confirmed and suspected cases of Ebola in Guinea alone and 406 deaths from the virus there.

Senegal is a major travel hub for the region, particularly its capital city of Dakar, the Associated Press noted.

The news gives added weight to fears that the current outbreak is far from its peak. On Thursday, the WHO warned that the outbreak could infect more than 20,000 people before it ends.

Forty percent of infections included in the current tally occurred within the past three weeks, according to the WHO. And the virus has mutated during the outbreak, which could hinder diagnosis and treatment of the disease, according to scientists who genetically sequenced the virus in scores of victims.

With 1,552 deaths recorded so far, the virus is certain to claim more lives than all of the previous Ebola outbreaks combined.

On Thursday, U.S. government researchers, in collaboration with British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline, announced that they will begin human trials next week at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md., of an experimental Ebola vaccine. Health officials said they want to rush the drug as quickly as possible to health workers and others at risk in Ebola-ravaged West Africa.

In Liberia, where international health organizations have said the outbreak could be spiraling out of control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Tom Frieden said the situation is far worse than he anticipated.

“It’s even worse than I’d feared,” Frieden told CNN. “Every day this outbreak goes on, it increases the risk for another export to another country.”

_http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/world/wp/2014/08/29/the-ebola-virus-has-spread-to-senegal-as-the-deadliest-outbreak-in-history-gets-worse/

Thanks for the thread. My family and I are having weird symptoms today. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or what, but there have been several stuff going on lately. Jets and helis flying close to home, like they were looking for something, and suddenly one night without making any noise, there were 7 patrols outside my house at 3 am, all pointing to the door and looking for something in a big truck, like… I mean, a chase of that sort makes a lot of noise and there wasn't any.

The problem is, that we were all healthy in a normal sense, since trying to apply all the keto diet and the info in the keto adapted book, I rarely get ill and if I do I heal fast. I haven’t finished the thread, I want to know if there are any pre symptoms or something that I may know. Today I woke up with abdominal and stomach pain, and the damn diarrhea, fever, feeling very weak like I would just lie there sleeping all day, and some will to eat my food and not to puke it, and these last hours a headache and a little burn on the eyes. My skin also feels super weird, like it reacts to every inch that touches. My mother woke up sick today too. I drank some herbal teas and it improved, I also smoked 3 cigarettes at that time :rolleyes: maybe that was the secret. I hope this is the average diarrhea-fever-headache illness, at least is moving me to learn more about the virus. Just to be sure, in case ebola spreads all around, what should I do? apart of the keto and tobacco option?

Just like the cs' said, improve immune system? cold showers or something like that? how much Vit C? to mention some things, yesterday's night I literally felt my mood down though it didn’t last because, I don’t know, I just felt like meh… why to suffer? I also had insomnia.

Prometeo said:
Thanks for the thread. My family and I are having weird symptoms today. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or what, but there have been several stuff going on lately. Jets and helis flying close to home, like they were looking for something, and suddenly one night without making any noise, there were 7 patrols outside my house at 3 am, all pointing to the door and looking for something in a big truck, like… I mean, a chase of that sort makes a lot of noise and there wasn't any.

The problem is, that we were all healthy in a normal sense, since trying to apply all the keto diet and the info in the keto adapted book, I rarely get ill and if I do I heal fast. I haven’t finished the thread, I want to know if there are any pre symptoms or something that I may know. Today I woke up with abdominal and stomach pain, and the damn diarrhea, fever, feeling very weak like I would just lie there sleeping all day, and some will to eat my food and not to puke it, and these last hours a headache and a little burn on the eyes. My skin also feels super weird, like it reacts to every inch that touches. My mother woke up sick today too. I drank some herbal teas and it improved, I also smoked 3 cigarettes at that time :rolleyes: maybe that was the secret. I hope this is the average diarrhea-fever-headache illness, at least is moving me to learn more about the virus. Just to be sure, in case ebola spreads all around, what should I do? apart of the keto and tobacco option?

Just like the cs' said, improve immune system? cold showers or something like that? how much Vit C? to mention some things, yesterday's night I literally felt my mood down though it didn’t last because, I don’t know, I just felt like meh… why to suffer? I also had insomnia.

Have you already had similar symptoms before?
Vitamin C: http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola
Cold Protocols to boost immune system: check the last C's session

Please keep us up to date about the development and get better! :cool2:

Prometeo, I hope you are feeling better. Where do you live, if I may ask? Is there Ebola where you live?

Take care Prometeo.

Prometeo said:

Unless you were around Ebola, chances are it's just a flu. But I understand the concern!

If it were me, I'd start hitting the Vitamin C in huge doses. From what I've been learning, you can take up to 100mgs a day in divided doses once you have a virus, but everyone's tolerance is different.

Please keep us posted, and get well soon!

Alkhemist said:
Prometeo said:

Unless you were around Ebola, chances are it's just a flu. But I understand the concern!

If it were me, I'd start hitting the Vitamin C in huge doses. From what I've been learning, you can take up to 100mgs a day in divided doses once you have a virus, but everyone's tolerance is different.

Please keep us posted, and get well soon!
That is 100 grams, not mgs.

I have been taking about 2 gram doses in water with a bit of salt. Tastes quite good. Does anyone know if salt and vitamin c together is contraindicated?

Kris

It's not ebola, but i thought it strange:

Japanese models catch Dengue fever after visiting source of outbreak

Health ministry confirms 34 people infected, including models Saaya and Eri Aoki, after visiting Yoyogi park in Tokyo

Agence France-Presse in Tokyo
theguardian.com, Tuesday 2 September 2014 11.04 BST

tiger mosquito
Dengue fever, carried by the Tiger mosquito, was eliminated in Japan at the end of the second world war. Photograph: Scott Carmazine/Alamy

A worsening outbreak of dengue fever in Japan has claimed its first celebrities – two young models sent on assignment to the Tokyo park believed to be its source.

The details emerged as the government said on Tuesday that at least 34 people have caught the disease, which has not been seen in Japan for seven decades, apart from cases contracted overseas.

The two women – Saaya, 20, and Eri Aoki, 25 – were sent to Yoyogi park in August for the Saturday variety show on which they appear, the Nikkan Sports said.

A few days later both came down with a temperature, it said.

Saaya, who has appeared regularly in Japanese Playboy, blogged about her high fever last Wednesday before news of the dengue outbreak spread.

The revelation that the two women had succumbed to the mosquito-borne disease provided fodder for the TV shows that fill daytime schedules in Japan.

The health ministry confirmed that 34 people had been infected, all of who had visited Yoyogi park, a popular green spot in Tokyo.

Dengue fever, which is carried by the Tiger mosquito, was stamped out in Japan at the end of the second world war, even though the mosquito breed remains endemic.

The symptoms range from fever to incapacitating high temperatures.

Tokyo officials have sprayed about 800 litres (176 gallons) of pesticide in the park to kill off the insect colony.

Back
Top Bottom