Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Pete said:
davey72 said:
I thought that was more for the baha and pots?

Well I do remember when pipe breathing was introduced that we were told doing it for too long could lower your blood pressure to an unsafe margin however I did just listen to the EE intro and all Laura says is not to listen to the program while operating machinery so since your just doing by yourself I suppose that's fine but I would still take breaks instead of doing it straight for twenty or so minutes. Maybe an instructor or Mod will step in to clarify.

True Pete. Pipe breathing is for bringing in balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. I think doing it for 20 minutes non-stop while driving is overdoing it, and I wouldn't recommend it.

herondancer said:
marek760 said:
For almost one year i was doing full EE program, than i have 8 month break, and two months ago i start again every second day full EE program.

I'm glad to see you are getting results mared760. Still, that's really too many times per week for the whole thing. The best schedule for doing the full program is twice a week. It will give you time to process what comes up, especially from the baha portion. You can do the full program Mondays and Thursdays if you like, to sync up with other FOTCM members. Pipe breathing, Warriors and the meditation are fine everyday. :thup:

I can do Mondays and Thursdays, thanks fo advice :)

Alana said:
Pete said:
davey72 said:
I thought that was more for the baha and pots?

Well I do remember when pipe breathing was introduced that we were told doing it for too long could lower your blood pressure to an unsafe margin however I did just listen to the EE intro and all Laura says is not to listen to the program while operating machinery so since your just doing by yourself I suppose that's fine but I would still take breaks instead of doing it straight for twenty or so minutes. Maybe an instructor or Mod will step in to clarify.

True Pete. Pipe breathing is for bringing in balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system. I think doing it for 20 minutes non-stop while driving is overdoing it, and I wouldn't recommend it.

I agree. If you think about it, Davey, the pipe breathing on the disc is put into 3 parts with a 2 minute or so break in between the parts. That's so that "things" can settle a bit. Even in pipe breathing, repressed emotions are being brought to the surface, although a bit slower. And, as always, even too much of a good thing is not really that good for us. :)

During the period i practice EE, my hardest part is the last part, the meditation part. I`m doing POTS meditation every night before sleep.
There are periods when i feel that i cant meditate more then 10 minutes. I feel some kind of restlessness in the area of my solar plexus, Sometimes my legs i i have a need to move and to stop meditation. I cant really explain it with words. I`m trying to fight this strange feeling and i think that its getting more and more seldom.
Last night i have a good POTs meditation session and at the end of the session i zone out a little. I don't know for how much time. I1m listening the POTS meditation on headphones and when i come back from that zone out the meditation was over. 15 Minutes after that i fall a sleep. It was around 10:30 pm.
I take 1.5 mg of melatonin and felt to sleep. I have a dream , a nightmare where i was laying in my bed, or it was some flat surface.The environment was very bright and at my feets side two persons , two beings i don't remember clearly mixed some white powder.I start screaming NO, No, No and kick with my legs and arms very hard.
My wife waked me up, she was upset to because of my nightmare. I was fighting something, but i don't feel fear. I cant remember very well now , but in the moment i wake up i was remembering very well.
It was a strange and interesting experience.

Konstantin said:
During the period i practice EE, my hardest part is the last part, the meditation part. I`m doing POTS meditation every night before sleep.
There are periods when i feel that i cant meditate more then 10 minutes. I feel some kind of restlessness in the area of my solar plexus, Sometimes my legs i i have a need to move and to stop meditation. I cant really explain it with words. I`m trying to fight this strange feeling and i think that its getting more and more seldom.

I think it's okay to allow your legs to move and to stop the meditation if needed. Or to keep the meditation going while you move your legs. If I remember correctly, sometimes, such sudden movements can be a way to release trauma, based on what Peter Levine has said. I think it's a good sign that it occurs less!

Oxajil said:
Konstantin said:

I think it's okay to allow your legs to move and to stop the meditation if needed. Or to keep the meditation going while you move your legs. If I remember correctly, sometimes, such sudden movements can be a way to release trauma, based on what Peter Levine has said. I think it's a good sign that it occurs less!

Yes, Peter Levine says we can have emotional release in the way of shaking legs and arms, or even the whole body... So maybe that's the case, and maybe letting them move and just breathing deeply without resisting the movement could help.

In an Unspoken Voice - Peter Levine [ https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,23581.msg261306.html#msg261306 ]

Yas said:
Oxajil said:
Konstantin said:

Yes, Peter Levine says we can have emotional release in the way of shaking legs and arms, or even the whole body... So maybe that's the case, and maybe letting them move and just breathing deeply without resisting the movement could help.

In an Unspoken Voice - Peter Levine [ https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,23581.msg261306.html#msg261306 ]

Thank you.I`ll read that thread about Peter Levine Book . It sound very interesting.

Since finding out what 'zoning out' truly meant, it stopped happening for a while, maybe anticipation got in the way! - However, due to moving around a lot the pass week, I missed last Thursday's EE session and then Monday the guys and I just ended up getting into deep conversation and it got too late to do EE.

Did it again last night, and actually zoned out! come back to myself half way through prayer of the soul, and then fell asleep for around 10/11 hours...

Does anyone find if they zone out, and shortly fall asleep afterwards they wake up quite confused and lost? Also, do you think if you leave it for a session or 2 sometimes, you'll feel the effects more?

lilyalic said:
Does anyone find if they zone out, and shortly fall asleep afterwards they wake up quite confused and lost? Also, do you think if you leave it for a session or 2 sometimes, you'll feel the effects more?

Zoning out during EE happens often enough to a lot of people. There were times when I woke up confused, too! Personally, I found that when my body feels tired, I tend to go into deeper 'zoning out' state. Also, I notice sometimes the length of the programs changes shorter or longer depends on the condition I'm in, so we can't expect how our bodies are going to respond. Each time, it would be slightly different experience.

Can EE done after having food or there are restrictions.

Is there any way audio can be downloaded on mobile.

jas said:

Hello jas,
Seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc.

As for food restrictions, there aren't any, apart from the healthy diet (paleo/ketogenic) you can search for in the forum. However, the program bases upon deep belly breathing, so one has to make sure that precedent meals do not interfere with a comfortable breathing because the idea is to get as relaxed as possible. Also, depending on you diet, certain meals may cause anxiety, nervousness, and so on, so you may be careful with that as well.

As for the mobile phone, it will depend on the phone capabilities I guess. You may search the forum for the effects of mobile phones and why they should be avoided when possible, and kept away when sleeping. You can easily use an mp3 player for the EE program instead.

Hope it helps.

mkrnhr said:
jas said:

As for the mobile phone, it will depend on the phone capabilities I guess. You may search the forum for the effects of mobile phones and why they should be avoided when possible, and kept away when sleeping. You can easily use an mp3 player for the EE program instead.

Hope it helps.

If you do decide to use a cell phone as I have in the past make sure to put it in airplane mode while you are doing the program. This way the signals are cut off and you won't risk any calls or texts disturbing you while trying to relax. I believe you can download the program from the EE website also.

Hello jas, I would recommend not eating food prior to the program, when I did, it was very uncomfortable, and if the aim is to relax, because not achieved with your belly full. :P

As for using the cell would not recommend (even in airplane mode) actually use it only in emergencies, as was recommended other music player is the best option. :)

Here's the EE page: http://eiriu-eolas.org/

After months with the program, I keep falling asleep like I was hit by a rock every time during the Beatha, does this happen to anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom