Has Mercola Lost It?

Here is Kai's YouTube channel, he also does a Spotify podcast with his 8y/o daughter.

This is the video describing how he became a 'open deep trance channel'. He said he had always been into meditation and one after a run he decided to meditate, he said he felt lots of energy come into his body that was new, powerful and that it felt 'so good'. Because he liked it, he let go. Later Bahlon introduced himself. He says both his parents are deep trance channels.

I checked out a couple of Q&A videos and there's nothing groundbreaking or much different from what you would get from a new age agony aunt.

Here is his webpage with the same video you link to above.

My Philosophy​

Each one of us are filled with enormous light. Bahlon and my family are here, to help you fully embrace your own power and reach your full potential.

Features include (hyperlinks removed):

OFFERINGS​

Energy Healing
Spiritual Counseling
Psychic Readings
Discussion and Meditation

CERTIFICATIONS​

Business
Energy Healing
Spiritual Counseling
Psychic Readings
Discussion and Meditation

He has many Guilds in his sphere.

As for Mercola, can't know yet, although it is certainly steeping into unchartered waters with an as yet unknown new CEO. Moreover, a channel who may or may not be open to a dead dude or something else. The others (including a sister) who had helped him build up his company, as was indicated, were all axed - did the channel advise to clean house, who is to say.

I'd like to see something directly from Mercola about all this.
I agree.

Mercola is a big company, and it's not surprising to see either denigration or lies, because it's like in the middle of a war, a struggle for power.

I don't know if Mercola has gone mad. If he thinks he's God or the new Jesus, we'd have to see either the letter who is saying that, the original, or his own words. You can't judge someone by the words of others. In the mail I received from his site for the time being, I haven't seen an announcement about his book. Just health articles, like before.

And people have the right to change, to see health in a different light, perhaps a more spiritual one. Who knows?

But the important thing to remember is that Mercola is big business. And where there are millions of dollars, the devil appears.

Looks like a psyop to me. Certainly worked on arrogance and vanity. Jesus Really??? Oldest trick in the book. Where was his grounding and discernment amongst all his health and fitness knowledge?
Just proves how important Knowledge Protects as well as working on ourselves. 'Know Thyself" in all eventualities, to recognize when your are veering off tangent and remedy it quickly.
Next is alienating him from all his friends and those who can speak and correct his course. Very sad. We are all targets - and plenty of 'tempters' landed on our planet now.
Sad news indeed. I did rate Mercola as he seemed to talk a lot of sense and seemed to have a handle on the PTB's efforts to derail humanity. I would like to have more information on what has occurred, as I am sure everyone would. As discussed above, he may not be in a receptive frame of mind to listen to those who have his best interests as heart. It must be a very worrying time for his family. Sounds like he has been "got at" in some nefarious way.

I downloaded that article featuring Peter Litchfield, Ph.D. (who Mercola refers to as "one of the best breathing experts in the world") which Heather mentioned in post #7. Here it is in its entirety:

View attachment 91714
The interview above features Peter Litchfield, Ph.D., who is, in my view, one of the best breathing experts in the world. I’ve taken his breathing course, which gave me a deep appreciation for what he’s teaching. None of the breathing experts I’ve interviewed before compare to Litchfield when it comes to understanding respiratory physiology and its impact on your health.

According to Litchfield — who has decades of clinical training in both respiratory physiology and behavioral psychology — dysfunctional breathing habits are typically developed in response to some type of emotional trauma. It gets embedded in your brain circuits, and when you encounter this trigger, it activates them and lowers your carbon dioxide (CO2) level.
You may have been getting a hint over the last few months that I really value CO2. It's probably one of the most important molecules in your body. I'm going to go deep into this in the coming year, as strategies to increase your CO2 are probably some of the best things you can do to optimize your health.
The higher the level you can get within the biological normal optimal range, the better. Most of us are not even close to that. And, if you think you're already breathing well because you're belly breathing, deep breathing, or doing Buteyko breathing, you’re in for a surprise, because there’s a lot more to optimal breathing than learning to slow down, lessen or deepen your breathing.

Behavioral Physiology​

Litchfield has a long and varied professional history, but his primary interest is behavioral physiology, a field in which physiology is viewed as a programmable system. As he explains, your physiology self-regulates:

Habits Serve a Purpose​

As explained by Litchfield, habits always serve a purpose. You don't engage in a habit unless it serves you or your physiology in some way. This is why it’s so important to form a partnership with your body, to explore your habits, and how or why you learned them in the first place.
In a sense, you could say that your physiological system is part of your unconscious or subconscious mind, or an expression thereof. The task is to become conscious of what’s going on because your breathing habits may be unconsciously sabotaging your health.

What Is a Breathing Habit?​

So, how do you identify a breathing habit? There are many components to look at, including the following:
• Motivation — Behavior is motivated by something. There's motivation behind all habits, and any one of them can be tied up with your breathing.
• Behaviors — You need to identify the exact behavior involved. For example, you may be aborting the breath, meaning you inhale before you’ve fully exhaled.
In most cases, it’s rooted in a subconscious fear about not getting enough air. Whatever the cause, there’s motivation embedded in the behavior. Aborting the breath and inhaling early may serve the breather by reducing worry or anxiety about not getting enough air.
However, when you inhale too soon, air hunger sets in — a feeling like you can’t get enough air — and that can trigger the very anxiety the habit is trying to avoid.

• Outcomes — What are the outcomes of your learned breathing behavior, and how are those outcomes serving you? For example, when you start taking larger breaths, you may think you’re going to get more air.
You may feel like you’re in charge and in control, and that keeps you going. But what happens is you lose CO2 without realizing it. You may experience symptoms that you and your healthcare providers may misinterpret and attribute to unrelated causes.
In reality, you need far less air than you think. For every liter of blood you can move through your lungs, you can move 20 liters of air. But you only need 1 liter of air. So optimal breathing is usually not about getting enough oxygen. It's about regulating the CO2 concentrations in your extracellular body fluids, like blood plasma.

What Deep Breathing Does to Your Body​

Contrary to popular belief, deep breathing does not improve oxygenation. When you’re deep breathing, blood flow to your brain actually decreases as a result of a tightening of the blood vessels (vasoconstriction) in the brain.
Additionally, the cytoplasm in your red blood cells can become too alkaline and the hemoglobin carried by the red blood cells can become unfriendly, that is, less willing to give up the oxygen it carries to the tissues that need it. So, deep breathing actually contributes to an oxygen deficit already in progress as a result of vasoconstriction.
The vasoconstriction occurs because the primary vascular purpose of CO2 is vasodilation. When you have sufficient CO2 in your system, it will open your blood vessels much more effectively than nitric oxide, because nitric oxide has a dark side. It binds to Complex IV in your mitochondria and shuts down the electron transport chain. So, ideally, you want the vasodilation to be done by CO2 rather than nitric oxide.
So, the outcome of overbreathing is loss of blood in the brain, loss of oxygen, loss of glucose and electrolyte changes in the brain that then lead to setting the stage for lactic acidosis in neurons (brain cells). “Most people, lay or professional, have no idea that this is going on,” Litchfield says.
These brain changes, in turn, tend to trigger disinhibition where emotions — oftentimes anger or fear — are discharged. This release of emotions can serve you by allowing you to cope with a challenging situation or environment. Overbreathing (breathing that results in a CO2 deficit) leads to an outcome (a reinforcement) that serves you and is thus a “solution” to a perceived problem, a successful coping mechanism.

Automatic Reflexes Regulate Your CO2 Level​

As explained by Litchfield, your CO2 level is regulated by automatic reflexes. There are receptors in the brain and in the arterial system that are sensitive to CO2 concentration and to the pH of various extracellular fluids, such as blood plasma and interstitial fluids (surrounding cells). There are receptor sites in the arterial system which are sensitive to oxygen concentration but, surprisingly, not in the brain.
This system wasn't designed to get out of whack just because you get stressed. Provided you haven’t learned bad breathing habits, your breathing optimizes respiration regardless of most circumstances., e.g., while talking.
As explained by Litchfield, breathing regulates acid-based physiology1 in extracellular body fluids. Your body must have the capacity to change your pH rapidly, almost immediately, because if it didn't, you would be in serious trouble and in could even die. Although bad breathing habits can quickly bring on fainting, for example, there are safety mechanisms that protect us.

Do You Overbreathe?​

Symptoms of low CO2 (hypocapnia), caused by overbreathing, include but are not limited to:
HeadacheNausea and vomiting
Abdominal symptoms and bloatingFatigue
Muscle pain and weakness, tetany, hyperreflexia, spasm, tingling in the hands and lips, numbness, trembling and difficulty swallowingCardiovascular changes like palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmias, angina, ECG abnormalities
Cognitive changes, including attention deficit, difficulty learning, poor memory and brain fogSymptoms involving consciousness, such as dissociation, disconnecting from your environment, disconnecting from people, fainting and hallucinations
Emotional changes associated with the reduction of blood flow in the brainPersonality and self-esteem changes
If you frequently suffer any of these symptoms, it is possible that you may be struggling with hypocapnia, meaning low CO2 levels, and the No. 1 reason for hypocapnia is a poor breathing habit in response to all kinds of habit triggers, such as stress. The solution in this case is to identify the faulty habitual breathing behaviors and then correct them.

Optimizing Your CO2 by Relearning Better Breathing Habits​

You can very accurately measure your CO2 concentration with a tool called a capnometer, the wellness-educational version of it known as a CapnoTrainer:

Trust Your Body​

Again, your body knows how to breathe. The only time you get into problems is when you unconsciously override it with a learned breathing habit that throws the system out of whack. So, trust your body.

Why Most Breathing Techniques Don’t Address Your Health Problems​

While we’ve already mentioned this, it bears repeating. What Litchfield is talking about is not learning a specific set of breathing techniques. It’s not about the technique per se. It’s about understanding why your breath gets dysregulated and how new habits can be learned. In regard to the Buteyko technique, for example, he comments:

The Breathing Behavior Analysis Procedure​

In the course I took with Litchfield, he provided many impressive practical examples. One was of a young woman, about 19 years old, whose CO2 level dramatically decreased when they began her breathing interview. Among the symptoms she’d indicated on the checklist was that she would get dizzy a lot, and when she gets these dizzy spells, she’d become frightened.

A Quick Rescue Method​

A good test that can tell you if your symptoms are due to a CO2 deficiency is to breathe into a paper bag. If the symptoms disappear, you know hypocapnia and hence overbreathing is the problem. Never use a plastic bag, as it can cause suffocation. Always use a paper bag, about 6 inches by 15 inches. If it’s too small or too large, it won’t work.
Place the paper bag over your nose and mouth and hold it in place with your hands as you breathe into it. The CO2 will accumulate in the bag, thereby raising your CO2 level as you breathe it in.

Negative Practice​

Another simple technique, which is part of the core of Litchfield’s program, is something called “negative practice.” Litchfield explains:

Download this Article Before it Disappears​

Download PDF (I just noticed this link still works)

More Information​

To learn more, visit:
  • Better Physiology Ltd. at betterphysiology.com for information about and purchase of CapnoTrainer instrumentation for personal and professional applications
  • RespiMatters at www.CapnoLearning.org for information regarding online breathing behavior analysis services available worldwide
  • Professional School of Behavioral Health Sciences at www.bp.edu and www.e-campus.bp.edu for information regarding professional training in breathing behavior analysis
  • Breathing Science Inc., a nonprofit publisher, at www.theBSJ.org, where you can purchase the book “CapnoLearning: An Introductory Guide”
Thanks so much, @JGeropoulas. Now, at least, I can evaluate this new information.

What you say here regarding Litchfield's work certainly seems worrying related to deep breathing exercises, so it's something to look into further (and why I was hoping I could locate this information in the first place):

Contrary to popular belief, deep breathing does not improve oxygenation. When you’re deep breathing, blood flow to your brain actually decreases as a result of a tightening of the blood vessels (vasoconstriction) in the brain.
Additionally, the cytoplasm in your red blood cells can become too alkaline and the hemoglobin carried by the red blood cells can become unfriendly, that is, less willing to give up the oxygen it carries to the tissues that need it. So, deep breathing actually contributes to an oxygen deficit already in progress as a result of vasoconstriction.

My concern here is that I always felt that at the very least, deep breathing was available to us all. When times are tough -- for example, I had a bad neck problem some years ago. Luckily, I had a very good chiropractor/body energy practitioner who helped me through it, but at night I had to set up numerous pillows and not even lie down completely. I resorted to breathing exercises, which calmed me down, and helped me cope. I believe I re-watched Laura's video on pipe breathing, etc., at that point. It put me in a constructive state of mind.

Breathing exercises have a long tradition and therefore seem so basic, and now this too needs further examination?... (if Litchfield's work proves of benefit).

Remember, with the recent mask issue, an excess of CO2 was discussed, as was too little oxygen. Yes, there was also the incubating of disease in the mask as well. But one wonders how Litchfield would weigh in on the CO2 & oxygen issue related to the wearing of masks. I'm assuming the increase of CO2 would be higher than the normal range, so he might state as much. Still, Litchfield's material has me thinking of CO2 in a different way.

At the same time, I feel @gottathink is making a good point here about this sudden switch on the part of Mercola (who had been a serious advocate of Buteyko breathing technique). Yes, the article isn't necessarily throwing out these techniques entirely, but it could easily be interpreted that way. In fact, I believe Mercola's headline for this material was designed to "scare" people concerning their deep breathing practices. So, it could be @gottathink is right on this. Some synthesizing is in order before signaling such alarm. For one thing, could these ancient breathing practices really be so off base? (that's what keeps coming up for me). I definitely need to look into this further. Still, throwing out the baby with the bathwater could be at issue here, and could point to a vulnerability Mercola has, such as a rigidity to his thinking, and a lack of flexibility, which might help explain his succumbing to this present seeming psychological entrapment.

My problem with some of Mercolas recent articles is that he has this valuable new information to add to his database but swings so much in favour of the new thing and discredits the old in his personal take on it. Rather than synthesising the information. Because the article and information from its source is valuable but he seems to be getting on different bandwagons. There in may lie a clue into how he is operating in his mind these days.

Yeah the breathing article is one of the back pedals I was referring to.
Very interesting. That article raised alarm bells for me, as well, although I didn't know about the other events regarding Mercola until I read this thread.

Mercola has always appeared to be a thorn in the side of the Official Narrative™, so maybe they finally found a way to silence him?
Yup. Looks like it took extraordinary measures, but Mercola seems to have been run off the rails. I hope he recovers his senses before irreparable damage is done.

From the outside, it looks like Joseph Mercola is the victim of a new-age con and his entire business is threatened as a result, but obviously more information is needed. Mercola has always appeared to be a thorn in the side of the Official Narrative™, so maybe they finally found a way to silence him?
That seems to be the case, but on the other hand, if there was no hook within himself to begin with, he would not have fallen for it. Maybe he believes in himself a little bit too much. He should have respected and trusted more the team that was obviously behind his Mercola name. Perhaps he will come back to his senses, there's always a possibility of getting disillusioned and that he will see their true colors. There's a program for everybody. I always had a problem with Mercola and his business-like brand name. That is, until the COVID-19 era. After that, he gained my respect and admiration. And then this.

May he learn the equivalent of evil of the likes that produce the COVID-19 era in spiritual realms. Masquerade of Angels and all that.

This reminds me of Len Horowitz, back in the day. He was an "anti-vaks/the medical system is out to kill you" guy. After a while it seemed he got hooked up with a handler chick, he left his wife and went new-age magic and they vectored him into a ditch. Anyways, a semi-similar story of a similar type guy. Horowitz is still out there, FWIW, if anyone wants to look him up.

This reminds me of Len Horowitz, back in the day. He was an "anti-vaks/the medical system is out to kill you" guy. After a while it seemed he got hooked up with a handler chick, he left his wife and went new-age magic and they vectored him into a ditch. Anyways, a semi-similar story of a similar type guy. Horowitz is still out there, FWIW, if anyone wants to look him up.
Yes, I remember that. He then created a show with his new wife/partner, Sherri Kane, called the Horokane, where they supposedly exposed dark dealings. There was all that business about their land in Hawaii being stolen by the mob and his partner Sherri ultimately passing away from the stress of trying to get it back, only a few months after writing her OWN obituary. Weird stuff. Perhaps the stolen land is true considering all the strange Hawaii business of late.

I came across this on Twitter (X) when Erin Elizabeth of Health Nut News (Mercola's ex, if I'm not mistaken) posted that she's praying for Mercola and his family right now. I thought maybe it was a health emergency, but she linked to an article that seems much more bizarre. Apparently Mercola has been consulting with a psychic/channeler who has been advising him on both spiritual matters and on his business. Mercola has fired 3 or 4 of his top executives in his company, one of whom is his sister, and is now diverting the efforts of his company to publish a book based on these channelings.

Here's the article, quoted below:

From the outside, it looks like Joseph Mercola is the victim of a new-age con and his entire business is threatened as a result, but obviously more information is needed. Mercola has always appeared to be a thorn in the side of the Official Narrative™, so maybe they finally found a way to silence him?
Hello, all. I am brand new here and found this forum from a yandex search I did trying to figure out what is going on with Dr. Mercola. I have been a fan since the very beginning and of course we all loved him through Covid. BUT SOMETHING IS WRONG!!! I AGREE with others here that he has either been taken out or zapped.

His articles are off (he has admitted using chat GPT so that could be a part of it). Many of us there think his #1 fan contributor (Guillermou) is actually a robot. The rest of us get banned if we disagree with ANYTHING Mercola espouses. His tone was sooooooo condescending in a recent "WHY AI IS GOOD" article that I can't believe anyone let him publish it! Basically he was telling the reader that if they are not comfortable with AI, it is only because they don't understand it. If you have apprehension, you are uneducated. And you may need a few years to catch up."

It makes me sad. I will miss him. What did they do to him?

Hmmm that’s very interesting as I have noticed a bit of a change in Mercolas newsletters. I’m finding his research and reporting has changed a bit, I was wondering why the shift. Hard to describe exactly what it is but it seems like he is steering his whole ship in a different direction by back pedalling on a lot of previous research. My own thoughts on his new materials is that they should be extensions of the previous research or even caveats to be included rather than back pedals.
YES! He has changed. A few of us have left voluntarily or been banned. You can't trust his articles anymore. Chat GPT is writing them..... or "assisting" anyway.

Hi TreeHugger, we invite you to introduce yourself in the Newbies section where you can share a bit about yourself and how you found the forum so that we can get to know you better. You can have a look there to get an idea of how others have introduced themselves.

Welcome to the forum! :flowers:

Here's the latest news from Dr. Mercola via his newsletter. On the surface, his new direction sounds promising, but I guess we'll have to examine what strategy he presents for helping people connect with "Spirit" and experience "joy".

I have an exciting announcement for you! As you may recall, September 23, 2022, the Mercola website was cyberattacked and taken offline. Because of that attack, we switched to a process where our newsletter content was only viewable on the website for 48 hours. After that, it was migrated to our Censored Library on Substack, where most was kept behind a paywall. But guess what? Change is here! Today I am thrilled to announce that our content will no longer have a time limit on it or be restricted to paid subscribers.

I eventually realized that knowledge alone wasn't enough. Over the past year or so, a deeper understanding has emerged — a realization that true empowerment stems from a connection to Spirit. Once a person’s connection to Spirit is impaired, or even severed completely, the ability to implement information about health becomes severely compromised.

I’ve come to recognize that most have simply been unable to apply this knowledge personally due to circumstances beyond their control. That is why, from this point forward, our focus will shift toward providing content that empowers you to make informed decisions by fostering not only health but also joy in your life.

Empowering You to Embrace Joy and Take Control of Your Health​

I've reached a profound realization: Joy and health share a deep and intricate connection. In light of this understanding, I am shifting my focus toward the weak link in this relationship, namely joy or, more accurately, the lack of joy that most people experience.

I want to help empower you to trust in your own discernment, rather than relying solely on external authorities, myself included. My goal is to help you stand independently of all the so-called experts and institutions that seek to cut you off from your own wisdom.

My aim is to guide you toward a state of self-reliance, independent of the pervasive influence of those who champion the mantra of "trust the science." These voices, often driven by profit motives and/or personal agendas, can veer you off course, clouding your judgment and diverting you from your innate wisdom.

By fostering trust in your own intuition, your internal compass, your true self, you can embark on a journey of self-discovery and alignment with your authentic truth. This inward journey is not merely a path to physical well-being; it represents a profound stride toward unlocking the vast reservoirs of knowledge and insight that reside within you, waiting to be rekindled with the essence of your true self.

Redefining Health and Happiness​

My goal is to foster a supportive community where you can confidently explore and grasp these principles, empowering you to take control not only of your health, but of your own life decisions, and to comprehend the context in which you make them. This empowerment is available to everyone, no matter what your existing beliefs may be.

This perspective will help you become less dependent on government bodies, particularly public health authorities and so-called “expert” physicians or scientists, as well as the pharmaceutical and food industries, which have tried to disconnect you from your own power. These entities operate on belief systems that nearly always are not aligned with your personal empowerment.
I’ve come to understand that joy serves as a guiding metric for making decisions that empower and enrich our lives. While joy and happiness may seem synonymous, their essence diverges significantly. Happiness often manifests as a passive state, fleeting and dependent on external circumstances.

Joy, on the other hand, emanates from within, transcending the realm of sensory gratification. Unlike pleasure, which is ephemeral and tied to immediate sensory stimuli, joy represents a deeper, enduring fulfillment — the ultimate pursuit and realization of life's purpose. Joy gives you the confidence to know that all is well even though life may be crashing around you.

Back
Top Bottom