How to Rid Skin Tags and Warts Within 24 Hours: Povidone-iodine and Fresh garlic

Cosmos

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Came across this video a couple of days ago from Dr. Berg and couldn't find an appropriate thread, so I post it here:

So, he says:

In this video, we’re going to talk about how to get rid of skin tags and warts within one day with a simple home remedy.

Warts are caused by a human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. HPV affects 325 million women worldwide.

There are over one hundred different types of HPV—14 of which can cause cancer. In fact, HPV can cause cervical cancer, and it is the 4th most common cause of cancer in women.

Viruses like HPV can hide out in the body until your immune system is compromised by stress, a health condition, or old age. The best natural home remedies for skin tags and warts are:

1. Povidone-iodine
2. Fresh garlic

Here’s how to use them:

Step 1: Crush up garlic and put it in a dish
Step 2: Place a couple of drops of povidone-iodine in another dish
Step 3: Mix a small amount of garlic and garlic juice with the iodine
Step 4: Apply the solution topically to your wart or skin tag
Step 5: Cover the area with a bandaid
Step 6: Save the iodine and garlic mixture to apply twice daily (mixture will stay good for one day)

For some, this remedy can work within a day—for others, it may take up to 8 weeks.

Keep in mind that insulin resistance can make your body more susceptible to warts, so make sure you’re on Healthy Keto and intermittent fasting if you’re not already. Check out my keto playlist to learn about Health Keto and IF. 50mg of zinc daily can also help fight off viruses that may cause warts.

Interestingly, I tried to get rid of several warts a couple of years ago by using normal Iodine (lugols). I tried to soak the ward with this form of Iodine every day, even trying to puncture the wart so that the Iodine can go inside and stay there more easily (which is probably not the best idea, because it might spread then??). The end result was that the warts were gone (and they are still gone). And usually nothing else helps. So, what Berg suggest could actually work IMO even faster and more effectively since he is using another form of iodine (Povidone-iodine) that supposedly absorbs into the skin.

I tried to get rid of several warts a couple of years ago by using normal Iodine (lugols). I tried to soak the ward with this form of Iodine every day, even trying to puncture the wart so that the Iodine can go inside and stay there more easily (which is probably not the best idea, because it might spread then??). The end result was that the warts were gone (and they are still gone).

I can also attest that lugol is working in case of warts. I successfully managed to get rid of a few of them in the past. But for the best results it is good to damage (a little) the surface on the edges, so iodine can penetrate easily to the root. It then burns the flesh around the wart and dries it out. With each application of iodine a wart becomes smaller and smaller and typically after 2 - 5 days (depending on the size) disappears completely.

Very interesting, thanks for finding this.

A caution on the ingesting part for garlic:

Q: (Joe) Is garlic really bad for people who got "garlic bad for them" on the food sensitivity test?

A: Yes. Its benefits are greatly overrated.

Q: (L) It's good, but its benefits are overrated.

(Andromeda) And it may not be for everybody if they react to it.

. @Possibility of Being will be pleased if so

Haha, never heard about that. Garlic is great for flu, common cold and running nose. For warts, I'd recommend Chelidonium majus (greater celandine): tried, got rid of one pretty quickly and for good. Didn't try it for skin tags. Common weed in Poland, native in Eastern Europe and Asia, now to be found about everywhere. Apply early spring yellow/orange latex exuded by its stem. Mature plants, as in summer, have less latex and it's less potent.

Not to be confused with similar plants of buttercup family (Ranunculaceae), they don't have latex though.

Found this:

Traditional Use (May Not Be Supported by Scientific Studies)
European herbal traditions regard greater celandine as a valuable remedy for the topical treatment of warts. It was also a folk remedy for cancer, gout, jaundice, and a variety of skin diseases. The famous French herbalist Maurice Mességué used greater celandine extensively in hand and foot baths and teas for many conditions, particularly those affecting the liver. In eastern Asia it was also valued as a treatment for peptic ulcer.

Hope it works the same on the other side of the pond. In some cases, alkaloids in a herb and its efficacy vary from region to region and especially when the plant was introduced or migrated far away from its original location.

There is an antibacterial effect of garlic that works for me and everyone who has followed my advice, especially my son, who is cured in a matter of hours.

It is in the processes of bacteria that cause diarrhea in the stool. Over the years I noticed that the disease was "settled" right at the exit from the stomach to the intestines.

The issue is that I read that the acid that garlic carries (which is lost when cooking it) was a strong antibacterial agent, so when I later had a problem of this type, I cut a clove of garlic into small pieces (the right size for be able to swallow them without chewing them and without choking problems) and swallow them little by little with water.

In diarrheal processes, drinking water should be avoided because it further activates the active bacteria, but it doesn't really matter if you swallow it with the garlic.

In a moment something is already noticeable and after a few hours even the appetite is recovered.

You have to be careful and continue with a soft diet to recover well, because you really feel fit, however, practically the next day you are fine.

So in the recipe for warts, putting garlic with iodine maybe can improve the action of iodine.

Apparently duct tape can be used, although the treatments above seem faster and more effective to me!

Mercola said:

Can You Kill Warts With Duct Tape?​

Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• Common warts are benign skin growths triggered by an infection with human papillomavirus (HPV), affecting up to 20% of the population. Most notably the prevalence is higher in children than adults
  • After exposure, it can take up to six months for a wart to develop and most disappear without treatment. However, data show that if you want to remove warts, duct tape is an effective, inexpensive and painless method that does not leave scar tissue
  • Two studies demonstrated duct tape removed 80% to 85% of the participant's warts as compared to 60% of those who received cryotherapy
  • Other conventional removal methods include prescription strength acid, minor surgery and laser treatment, each of which is painful and typically leaves a scar. Other at-home treatments that are not painful and don't leave a scar include garlic, banana peel, pineapple juice and aloe vera
There are several different types of warts, but most are benign skin growths that affect up to 20% of the population.1 Although they're common, the prevalence in school children is higher than in adults and they are more common in immunosuppressed patients and those who handle meat.
While they can occur at any age, they're rare during infancy and the prevalence peaks in school age children at roughly 16 years. Traditional medicine practitioners and Western medicine doctors have looked at several ways of eliminating this skin growth from their patients. It turns out that you may have the best chance of success treating skin warts at home with duct tape. [..]

Does Duct Tape Kill Warts?​

There are case studies and credible examples of home remedies that can help remove the common wart. But as Dr. Michael Greger, founder of NutritionFacts.org, notes, many things can be attributed to curing warts because most go away on their own.4
He notes one study that followed 1,000 children for two years during which the researchers found that two-thirds of the warts disappeared without any treatment, suggesting that the best treatment may be to leave them alone unless treatment is warranted.
It is assumed that spontaneous healing is associated with an immune response in the body. This is based on studies where a wart was injected with a vaccine or a placebo. In this study, Greger notes that the vaccine appeared to accelerate the immune process and cleared the wart. The problem is that injections hurt and 30% of the children who had their warts injected with the vaccine developed a flu-like syndrome.5
Multiple studies have demonstrated that a placebo effect on warts can cure approximately one-quarter of the cases and traditional medical therapies can resolve approximately 50% of the warts. For duct tape to be considered efficacious, it would have to cure at least as many as conventional treatments.
One group of researchers6 tested duct tape against cryotherapy to treat common warts in 51 children and young adults ages 3 to 22 years. The participants were randomized and 26 were treated with duct tape and 25 with liquid nitrogen for 10 seconds every 2 to 3 weeks for a maximum of six treatments. The data revealed that 85% of the participants using duct tape were cured while 60% of the participants using cryotherapy had complete resolution.
In other words, the duct tape worked far better than the current medical treatment. As Gregor notes,7 the researchers observed the only adverse effect from the duct tape was a minimal amount of local irritation. Yet cryotherapy is painful, causes bloody blisters that can get infected and one young child vomited before each cryotherapy session in fear of the pain.

What’s the Best Type of Duct Tape for Wart Removal​

Further studies tried to replicate the results. A 2007 paper8 analyzed the cost-effectiveness of several treatments for warts and found that duct tape was the most cost-effective but “published evidence of its effectiveness is sparse. Duct tape could be adopted as the primary treatment for cutaneous warts if its effectiveness is verified by further rigorous trials.”9
Greger discussed10 the results of a second 2007 study11 that looked at the treatment of common warts in adults using duct tape in a double-blind, randomized controlled trial. In this study, the researchers engaged 90 immunocompetent adults who had at least one wart and randomized them to either be treated with moleskin with transparent duct tape or moleskin alone.
They found no statistically significant differences in the two groups for the treatment of warts in the adult population. To determine whether the difference was the age of the participants, Greger describes another study in which 100 school children were randomized to receive treatment with duct tape or a corn pad. In this study the researchers did the same thing, applying clear duct tape, and they got the same results — the duct tape failed.
At that point, the question of whether duct tape could help treat the common wart was dropped as ineffective since follow-up studies had demonstrated different results than the original study using a larger number of participants.
However, since duct tape appeared to be working clinically, could the difference be in the type of duct tape that was used and not in the age difference of the participants? Greger quotes from a 2011 paper12 published in the British Journal of Dermatology titled “Clear Duct Tape is Not Duct Tape,” in which the author postulated:
“[C]lear duct tape and moleskin both contain an acrylic-based adhesive, whereas standard silver duct tape contains a totally different rubber-based adhesive … It is likely that the success of traditional duct tape is associated with the … adhesive that comes in direct contact with the wart during treatment.”
In fact, another later study13 published in 2016 engaged 60 immunocompetent participants and after two months demonstrated that duct tape adhered with cyanoacrylate (Super Glue) resolved 80% of the warts as compared to 60% that resolved in participants who received cryotherapy.
Quoting from a 2005 Mayo Clinic Health Letter,14 Greger reads the first line of the answer to a question posed by a grandmother whose 14-year-old grandson was embarrassed by the warts on his hand. “Odd as it may sound, duct tape is a legitimate and often effective treatment for common warts.” [..]

Apparently duct tape can be used, although the treatments above seem faster and more effective to me!

I have used duct tape to rid a wart on the bottom of my foot that had become sore in the dying process after applying Lugol’s solution. It look a few weeks but was otherwise effective.

Did any of you try Dr. Berg's suggestion on the skin tags? I have 2 skin tags just at the outer corner of my left eye and this area is very sensitive. I tried this a few months ago and found that the combination of the povidone iodine and fresh garlic caused a slight burning sensation. When I removed the band aid after 12 hours the area was stained slightly but later I could see that it was also scabbing over slightly. Because this area is so visible, I didn't keep up with the experiment. People made a lot of comments on it.:umm:

Povidone-iodine ordered and on the way. I wonder if this would be and effective solution for MonkeyPox? Haiku …
I read that sarracenia purpurea is effective against pox virus. I've used s. purpurea extract on a cold sore and it worked very well to clear it up. It was nearly resolved in 24 hours, totally gone over next couple of days.

Did any of you try Dr. Berg's suggestion on the skin tags? I have 2 skin tags just at the outer corner of my left eye and this area is very sensitive. I tried this a few months ago and found that the combination of the povidone iodine and fresh garlic caused a slight burning sensation. When I removed the band aid after 12 hours the area was stained slightly but later I could see that it was also scabbing over slightly. Because this area is so visible, I didn't keep up with the experiment. People made a lot of comments on it.:umm:
Yes, the eye lids are very sensitive areas! I did wonder how one would fair with garlic that close to the eye. It sounds like repeated applications may cause the skin tag to eventually fall off. But it may be easier to go to an ophthalmologist and let him snip it off. It's an in-office procedure - quick and effective.

Does anyone know what is the shelf life of povidone-Iodine? Do we need to follow the dates on the bottle because its potency decreases over time such as Hydrogen peroxide? Or is it one of those item that never goes bad?
I found a wart on my foot last night and I have 2 moles in the middle of my back that always bothered me since they are in the way when I need to scratch myself.
I will try Dr. Berg's method and report the results later.

Back
Top Bottom