Information density - densities of information?

Where did the C's say that? They mentioned he got a few things wrong, but never said anything about him being "blinded by ego" or that he failed to "become enlightened". Here's one of the things they said about him:

You should probably give specific references when you talk about what the C's have said, because you seem to be putting your own words in their 'mouths' (as well as Gurdjieff's), and are conflating and mixing up ideas, as far as I can tell.
It is possible Ryan it is possible I should have put the quote from the transcript and it may be that my interpretation of photographic memory plus the translator has confused it and it is as you say I will do the revision in case I made a mistake I will not do the download lately I have problems with the translator but the forum search engine offers the keywords.

I think the basis of Castaneda's writings was taken from deep research of his own on metaphysical and esoteric ideas, his imagination and possibly some unconscious channeling, and very real people he met that taught him throughout his life. Two of his teachers (and I'm sure there were more) were (for a brief period of time) spent with Lord Pentland and a much longer period of time spent with Howard Y. Lee.

From Lord Pentland he probably incorporated many of Gurdjieff's psychological ideas into his writings concerning 'the warrior' and from Howard Y. Lee he probably got his ideas regarding energy and energy bodies. In a sense I guess you can say that what he wrote paralleled Gurdieff's ideas in many ways but viewed it from an energetic perspective and not from a linear intellectual one such as the the ray of creation, hydrogens, etc. Imo he had the soul of a poet, was a triskster (archetype) comedian, was brilliant and was a great 'liar' and storyteller and if you mix all the above in a blender he came up with his writings that told many an esoteric truth within a fictional framework. I think he borrowed (or stole!) many ideas and experiences from others (but which included his own) to come up with many of his written experiences.

I think that Theodore Illion when writing 'Darkness Over Tibet' did something similar to Castaneda where descriptions of some fourth density realities was incorporated into a fictional narrative including many of his descriptions of Tibet which may have been taken from the writings of Alexandra David-Néel who as I understand it did visit Tibet.

I remember my Gurdjieff teacher at about the time his fourth or fifth book came out (around 1975, 1976) was VERY impressed by his writings but she hoped he wouldn't keep writing books since that might dilute the ideas he was expressing thru fiction. In other words, writing more books (possibly for money) where the fiction might outweigh the truth he wanted to express diluting the truth's impact

Interesting. There's this session snippet that seems to point more towards the authenticity of Don Juan.

Feb 25, 1995:
Q: (BP) Is the work of Carlos Castaneda historically accurate as far as what he says about Don Juan?

A: Yes.

I wonder how that squares with what you've written above. Is Don Juan another one of his teachers, then? Maybe one who he turned into a fictional character that was a repository for all of his other teachers?

Interesting. There's this session snippet that seems to point more towards the authenticity of Don Juan.

Feb 25, 1995:

I wonder how that squares with what you've written above. Is Don Juan another one of his teachers, then? Maybe one who he turned into a fictional character that was a repository for all of his other teachers?

In the Session - Session 23 August 2001, we have kind of what you have surmised above.
Q: (L) Was there really a guy named Don Juan Matus who was the teacher of Carlos Castaneda?
A: Close.
Q: (L) Was he a "composite person" as some have suggested?
Q: (L) Was he a composite of several people who Carlos actually knew, as in 3rd density humans?

Back
Top Bottom