Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Divide By Zero said:
Some of the doctors who speak about the benefits of Iodine say that distilled water is not good because it removes minerals.

That is true, but it's not the whole story. The minerals that distilled water leeches out are inorganic minerals that can't be used by the body anyway. We have a thread on water here that includes the ins and outs of distilled water.

Here's some relevant info from the thread:

What about minerals?

There are two forms of minerals, organic and inorganic. Inorganic minerals refers to non-vegetable or non-animal matter, i.e. not living. This includes carbonate and lime compounds, calcium, iron and magnesium. Because these components are non-living, our bodies can no make use of these minerals and our cells reject them. The result of ingesting these minerals is an accumulation of debris in our bodies. Organic minerals living and are found in vegetables, fruit, seeds, grains, meats, and nuts. These are easily assimilated by our cells and are essential for good health. If your rely on water as the source of your required minerals, you are sadly lacking. The minerals in water are inorganic, and the body cannot make use of them. The body continually assimilates the much needed minerals from the food we eat.

Does distilled water rob the body of essential minerals?

No, this is physiologically impossible. Some have been lead to believe that because distilled water is so pure, it will leach healthy minerals and trace elements from the body. In our bodies distilled water cleans out our impurities and replenishes the essential nutrient required for human life: pure, clean, healthy water. Our cells use the organic minerals for body growth and maintenance; however, the impurities that the body cannot make us of are flushed out with distilled water. Distilled water flushes out all the inorganic minerals and pollutants which would otherwise be retained in the body and accumulate in vital organs such as the liver, kidneys, and intestines. These minerals and pollutants are gradually increased by drinking impure water. A continuous or prolonged exposure to these minerals and pollutants may cause carcinogens to form within tissues. The cancer may only manifest itself months, years or even decades after such contacts have ceased. And often the causative agents may have totally disappeared from the tissues.

Kay Kim said:
Iodine is wonderful stuff, but from my experience, have to be aware, it's over dose.

Some years ago I was having feeling of tiredness all the time and decide to take natural form of iodine, which is seaweed that contained lots iodine plus all the other minerals.

I made a seaweed salad and sometimes soup and ate everyday and noticed that my energies rising and felt so good, so I continued, but about one month later my front neck start to ache and it was getting worse, then intense by prickling pain.

Then I realized that I have taken too much seaweed that cause to overactive on my thyroid gland.
And found out the solution from research was eating raw cabbage.
Because some where in US, most mountain side peoples were suffering from under active thyroid gland, because they eats lots cabbages and not enough seafood.
Thus I was thinking, perhaps cabbage prohibit or detox iodine.

So I ate raw cabbage 3 times day and the second days on the pain decreased and about 1 week later completely cured.

Nowadays I eats seaweed soup about once a month and sometimes put tiny bit to ordinary soups.

Korean store sells variety of dried seaweed, because we use lots time, an example, when baby is born, mother eats seaweed soup for about one or more weeks, and any one of family birthday come, always cook seaweed soup to eat whole family, this is traditional custom.

How to make Seaweed Soup.
Soaking dried seaweed in cold water about 30 minutes or more.
Wash and cut, add to any soup.

You need to read Brownstein's book to understand what happened to you. Getting your iodine via seaweed is not very effective and you will end up getting way more bad elements nowadays than iodine. You can be sure that the problem was not the iodine, it was the seaweed.

Z said:
Does it have to be sea salt or Himalayan/pink salt is also ok?

As far as I could found, every unrefined salt is good. I use Himalayan salt. I found this about salt and the salt protocol on the Iodine Workshop FB group:

_http://www.drshevin.com/patient_education/nutrition_hygiene/salt/

Gawan said:
Many thanks for reactivating the topic :flowers: and the input of new research and book data.

I finished recently Lynne Farrows book and started about two days earlier the salt protocol and then I took one drop of the 15% Lugol solution and the next day I took then two, simply to test things out and how my body would react. I got then some symptoms, like metallic taste, weakness and muscle ache and with that I stopped it for one day and continued with the salt protocol. And the next I continued with two drops.

So far it seems I'm less hungry and my insulin need also decreases, with that my blood sugar is a bit lower than usual. I searched both books (Lynne Farrows and Dr. Brownsteins) for other diabetic experiences but with no luck so far. I'm looking forward what further on is happening and I will continue to slowly add up the Lugols solution. And it will be interesting if I'm having in some months still many antibodies that go against my thyroid gland.

Read this: http://www.drshevin.com/patient_education/nutrition_hygiene/salt/

A bad taste in the mouth can be evidence of detoxing bromines.

Also notice this peeps!!!

For those who need to do a salt load, but cannot tolerate the sodium load, Potassium chloride (chemically written as KCl) serves as well as salt (as it is the chloride that flushes bromine into the urine). KCl is commonly available in 99 mg tablets, with approximately 38 mg of chloride per tablet. To get the equivalent of 1/4 teaspoon of salt (sodium chloride), it would be necessary to take 8 KCL tablets (which would then also give almost 500 mg of potassium, well within the daily requirement.

On a weight-to-weight basis, there is less chloride in KCl than in sodium chloride (NaCl) as potassium is a heavier element than sodium.

Excessive intake of potassium is not a problem in healthy persons, who simply excrete it in the urine. In those who are type 1 diabetics, or who have chronic kidney disease, or who take certain “potassium sparing” diuretics, or take non-steroidal anti–inflammatory drugs, or blood pressure pills in the “ACE inhibitor” categor, medical advice should be sought before dramatically increasing one’s intake of potassium.

I started taking Lugols with salt water, B vitamins, Glycine, NAC & Vit C last week whilst waiting for my other supplements; selenium etc.
Normally 2 weeks before I'm due to menstruate, I'll get all emotional symptoms, feel more insecure etc etc. This time, I only got the physical symptoms and I didn't even know that I was due. The only day I felt really down and was crying, was the day before. After reading all the benefits of Iodine for the female hormonal system, I figured it out! My emotions have seemingly been more stable and easier to cope with, the pain is much less than usual.

The only detox symptoms I seem to be getting atm are muscle soreness and dizziness etc - still waiting on the high dozes of B vitamins to be delivered, and Boron. But this protocol, or even Iodine alone with some other things, seem to be doing wonderful benefits for my hormones, especially the changes in hormones in the female cycle. I swear I've struggled a long time with the stoops in Progesterone and Estrogen, even with trying the Hormonal wellness with Tyrosine etc. I also seem to be a little more motivated, better sleeps (I think the Glycine is definitely helping with that!) and easier to get up in the morning. I'm still making my way through the reading material, but every benefit it mentions seems to be true!

Mille mercis à toutes et tous pour vos expériences si intéressantes et tout particulièrement à Laura qui est si généreuse dans ces instructions et commentaires...
Voici ce que je viens de commander pour commencer, étant plutôt en bonne santé :
Solution iodo-ioduree selon Lugol 30ml (iodine/iode) EUR 15,87 -
5 à 7 gouttes par jour - (il n'est pas précisé si c'est du 5% ou 12 % !...)
1 kg de glycine poudre pure, n essentiel, protéinogénique acide a-aminé, de l'Allemagne EUR 24,99
trois fois par jour pour sucrer le thé
Super vitamine B complexe (B-50 force); Haute Puissance, 45 comprimés à libération de temps, de qualité EUR 5,94
1 comprimé par jour
Le sel de mer de Guérande Bretagne 1/2 c dans un verre d'eau 1 fois par jour.
Je m'alimente Chasseur/Ceuilleur, sans gluten, sans sucre, avec huiles Olives et/ou Noix de Coco
Je ne prends pas de médicament
N'hésitez pas à me corriger si nécessaire...

Many thanks to all for your experience so interesting and especially Laura who is so generous in these instructions and comments ...
Here's what I just ordered to start, being pretty healthy:
Iodine solution Lugol according 30ml (iodine / iodine) EUR 15.87 -
5-7 drops per day - [color = red] (it is not clear whether it's 5% or 12% ...!) [/ ​​B] [/ i] [/ color]
1 kg of pure glycine powder, essential No, proteinogenic a-amino acid, Germany EUR 24.99
three times a day for sweetening tea
Super Vitamin B complex (B-50 force); High Power, 45 tablets release time, quality EUR 5.94
1 tablet daily
The sea Brittany sea salt 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water 1 time per day.
I fed Hunter / ceuilleur, gluten, sugar, oils with Olives and / or Coconut
I do not take medication
Feel free to correct me if necessary ...

PERLOU said:
Mille mercis à toutes et tous pour vos expériences si intéressantes et tout particulièrement à Laura qui est si généreuse dans ces instructions et commentaires...
Voici ce que je viens de commander pour commencer, étant plutôt en bonne santé :
Solution iodo-ioduree selon Lugol 30ml (iodine/iode) EUR 15,87 -
5 à 7 gouttes par jour - (il n'est pas précisé si c'est du 5% ou 12 % !...)
1 kg de glycine poudre pure, n essentiel, protéinogénique acide a-aminé, de l'Allemagne EUR 24,99
trois fois par jour pour sucrer le thé
Super vitamine B complexe (B-50 force); Haute Puissance, 45 comprimés à libération de temps, de qualité EUR 5,94
1 comprimé par jour
Le sel de mer de Guérande Bretagne 1/2 c dans un verre d'eau 1 fois par jour.
Je m'alimente Chasseur/Ceuilleur, sans gluten, sans sucre, avec huiles Olives et/ou Noix de Coco
Je ne prends pas de médicament
N'hésitez pas à me corriger si nécessaire...

Many thanks to all for your experience so interesting and especially Laura who is so generous in these instructions and comments ...
Here's what I just ordered to start, being pretty healthy:
Iodine solution Lugol according 30ml (iodine / iodine) EUR 15.87 -
5-7 drops per day - [color = red] (it is not clear whether it's 5% or 12% ...!) [/ ​​B] [/ i] [/ color]
1 kg of pure glycine powder, essential No, proteinogenic a-amino acid, Germany EUR 24.99
three times a day for sweetening tea
Super Vitamin B complex (B-50 force); High Power, 45 tablets release time, quality EUR 5.94
1 tablet daily
The sea Brittany sea salt 1/2 teaspoon in a glass of water 1 time per day.
I fed Hunter / ceuilleur, gluten, sugar, oils with Olives and / or Coconut
I do not take medication
Feel free to correct me if necessary ...

Note that PERLOU meant 'without gluten, without sugar' in the translation above.
Can Mod make the corrections please.

Merci Music Man d'être aussi attentif... En effet, je ne mange ni sucre ni gluten...
Ma commande sera livrée entre le 26/11 et le 05/12/15, dès réception, je vous tiendrai au courant...

Thank you Music Man to be as careful ... because I do not eat gluten or sugar ...
My order will be delivered between 26/11 and 05/12/15, upon receipt, I'll keep you posted ...

Wow!I'm so happy for you Lycurgus! And also Carl and Lillyalic. Lots of good testimonies. Thank you! It's good to know it's working for other people as well. :thup:

A couple weeks ago, I started taking 2-3 drops of Lugols 15% twice a day, along with the co-factors, and Vit C in between doses. Then last Saturday, around 4 in the morning, I started getting sharp pains in my abdominal region, localized mostly around the naval. This was the night after I had booked a massage and thought perhaps it was linked to that.

Chu mentioned that it might be related to the Coxsackievirus, as she had suffered from similar symptoms in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coxsackievirus

So, 3 days ago, I upped my Iodine dose to 10 drops twice daily, and started drinking the salt water solution. I noticed a significant reduction in symptoms after the first day, and while the pain was still present, it was lessened somewhat and seemed to migrate towards the back around the kidney area. Continuing on with the protocol, this morning and the pain was almost completely gone, although I did wake up once during the night.

So, I'm thinking the initial pain was perhaps brought on by this virus, that sort of activated when the lower dose iodine started kicking in. The rapid decrease in symptoms after increasing the Lugol's dose to 10 drops is testament to the power of Iodine's anti-microbial effects in the body. And I think for a maintenance dose is fine for people without any overt reactions, but if you feel pain or sickness at all, it's probably a clue that the iodine is working and you should take the stronger dose until the symptoms subside.

I also had some weird pains, though not sharp, that traveled from navel to my back after increasing my dosage yesterday, so more good signs Iodine is hard at work I guess.

Timótheos did the jump to high doses of Lugol's cause any stomach upset? I'm curious as some of the articles mention it might and thats why I've been shelling out for Iodoral.

Does anyone know if the vitamin C is primarily to repair the iodine transport system? I've taken mega doses of vitamin c in the past and I'm wondering if maybe I could get away with one dose of it as I'm taking so much stuff throughout the day.

A lot of the articles talk of sustained release vit C is everyone using plain old ascorbic acid?

Lycurgus said:
Does anyone know if the vitamin C is primarily to repair the iodine transport system? I've taken mega doses of vitamin c in the past and I'm wondering if maybe I could get away with one dose of it as I'm taking so much stuff throughout the day.

A lot of the articles talk of sustained release vit C is everyone using plain old ascorbic acid?

There was some material quoted supporting how vitamin C repaired the iodine transport system. It was a paper of a case that was considered unusual. But vitamin C is also used to help detoxify bromide.

I do mega doses of vitamin C once per week, for necessity (when I do 24 hour shifts). I try never to stop it all of a sudden, but decrease gradually the dose. In general, I take vitamin C once a day as I'm already taking too much stuff myself. When I feel particularly bad, I increase.

I think plain ascorbic acid is better, reserving liposomal for special cases. Ascorbic acid doesn't interfere with your stomach acidity and curiously, some people feel more energetic and better with it. Here is some data that explains when ascorbic acid is better:

http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Timing is more important than form. Two large doses of ascorbic acid taken a little time apart are better absorbed than a single dose of mineral ascorbate.
Mineral ascorbates are salts and do not carry the same number of antioxidant electrons. Ascorbic acid has two electrons to donate while a salt typically has only one. With high doses, the "improved" forms are thus only about half as effective. This is consistent with reports that mineral forms are correspondingly ineffective in combating illness.
Ascorbic acid is a weak acid, much weaker than the hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Mineral ascorbates may be better tolerated, as they make the stomach more alkaline than ascorbic acid. However, an alkaline stomach is not a good idea - there are reasons the body secretes hydrochloric acid into the stomach, including preventing infection. Furthermore, if you are coming down with a haemorrhagic viral infection, mild discomfort will not be something of great concern.
For high intakes, capsules of ascorbic acid are preferable to tablets. This is because tablets are packed with fillers and it is not wise to take massive doses of these chemicals. Check the ingredients - you want to take ascorbic acid and very little else. Bioflavonoids are alright, and the capsules may be made with gelatine or a vegetarian equivalent.
The cheapest way to take ascorbic acid is as powder, dissolved in water. If you do this, use a straw to avoid it getting on the tooth enamel, as it is slightly acidic. You will need a set of accurate electronic scales to monitor the dose. If you do not weigh it carefully, it will be difficult to keep close to bowel tolerance.

There are other interesting details in the article.

Hope this helps!

Lycurgus said:
Timótheos did the jump to high doses of Lugol's cause any stomach upset? I'm curious as some of the articles mention it might and thats why I've been shelling out for Iodoral.

I've not yet had any gastrointestinal problems after taking the higher doses. From what I understand Iodoral is just Lugol's in pill form. Is it supposed to be easier on the stomach for some reason?

Timótheos said:
Lycurgus said:

I've not yet had any gastrointestinal problems after taking the higher doses. From what I understand Iodoral is just Lugol's in pill form. Is it supposed to be easier on the stomach for some reason?

From: _http://www.iherb.com/Optimox-Corporation-Iodoral-90-Tablets/23903?gclid=CKeg05O8n8kCFYWfGwodFlADpA

Other Ingredients
Micosolle, a silica-based excipient containing a non-ionic surfactant, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable stearins and pharmaceutical glaze.

Pharmaceutical glaze usually means the pills have some sort of coating which is resistant to stomach acid. This insures they will be processed further down the intestinal tract without upsetting the stomach itself.

See: _http://www.drugs.com/inactive/pharmaceutical-glaze-101.html

Laura said:
I am super happy that people are beginning to feel better. As I wrote in another thread:

The PTB have certainly worked long and hard to destroy people's health so as to make them more vulnerable to conquest and takeover. All of the health issues we have studied are part of the PTB/4D STS attack on humanity IMO. And just think about the fact that probably 96 percent of all people on the planet are iodine deficient and a lot of retardation, emotional, psychological, problems can be due to poor health. It's the ultimate transmarginal inhibition tool. We need our health to exercise our will.

After doing the fantasic L-Lysine+L-Proline+VitC cocktail for months and feeling 20 years younger - thank you Sott.net Secret History article about supressed medical inventions!!:

The above I combined with Jack Cruse's fasted sprinting exercises. Just after 8 drops of Lugols 2% stretched out to 3 days, my youthful vitality - and strangely the libido that I had in my 20's - is starting to return. First 5 drops gave a slight, but noticeable headache and 'got the cold' feeling in the evening, then heaviness during the day.

Then nothing. I'm increasing slowly, 5 drops the fourth day today = 15.5mgs. If no headache, I plan to go close to 50mg and try some iodide powder when the package arrives. Eating Real Salt(c) making salty soups and foods now, thanks for Jonathans excellent advice in the amazing Health and Wellness Radio Show about Salt! I used Himalaya salt for years and probably loaded myself with the natural fluoride it contains.

The second most fun - after the rejuvenating super-feature of iodine - is the rapid mentation caused in the brain, a real Work exercise. I'm so glad that the pineal gland, pituitary gland, choroid plexus and dura are all outside of the BBB, because iodine / iodide can kick out the mercury & heavy metal sludge from there! Then the EDTA I used for years theoretically could get rid these important regions of mercury too, being outside the BBB and all.

Iodine significantly changes brain function apparently: I'm OCD-ing on thoughts right now, became a Chatty Cathy. One fun side-effect, finally.

Back
Top Bottom