Iodine and Potassium Iodide

Since my last post a couple of months ago - things have progressed rather interestingly for me on the Iodine protocol. Have alternated between 16.5mg to 27.5mg once daily of Iodine for the last 2 months with the Salt water and co-factors and from a detox angle it seems to be ok.

From an emotional angle, as posted previously, its been really difficult, especially the last month. Its been like a roller coaster, and I have had to work on keeping a good frame of mind. I normally spend a lot of time outdoors birding, or trying to keep my mind on positive thoughts, spending time with good friends/family and occasionally meditating before going to sleep if the anxiety levels go up. Also for the last month, have felt extra tiredness, and have had headaches (I guess we know why now from the last C's transcript). The headaches part was interesting, where I thought it was related to Iodine, and I stopped Iodine for 3 days. However immediately the intensity of the headaches increased, and I felt extremely fatigued on the days without Iodine. I promptly got back on it, and the headaches reduced, and my energy levels were back up. Hence it is almost as though Iodine was "holding me together" during this difficult period - even though there are the emotional challenges aspect. I think the C's gave us the Iodine info at the right time to face these intensely changing times.

Its been Iodine for 5 months now - and except for the big flu, bromine rash (initially when I had high doses of above 50mg), and some leg cramps, its been good, and a thorough change of lifestyle and willpower. I have added minerals to my daily intake in order to re-mineralize, however since I could not find multi-mineral supplements without Iron, I normally take the minerals separately. Any suggestions of a good multi mineral supplement without Iron is welcome :).

Have not started any chelation protocols, because I think my body feels ok - however I think I really need to do a full blood screening to test for metals as well. Been also contemplating the food allergy test. Will look to finish these tests when reaching the 6 month mark of the Iodine protocol.

Mr.Cyan said:
Its been Iodine for 5 months now - and except for the big flu, bromine rash (initially when I had high doses of above 50mg), and some leg cramps, its been good, and a thorough change of lifestyle and willpower. I have added minerals to my daily intake in order to re-mineralize, however since I could not find multi-mineral supplements without Iron, I normally take the minerals separately. Any suggestions of a good multi mineral supplement without Iron is welcome

I have this one:

_http://eu.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Full-Spectrum-Minerals-Caps-240-Capsules/690

It is cheap, it doesn't have iron and it has a good combo of minerals. Zinc is best taken separately, away from the chromium.

Good to hear about your iodine experience, I think it summarizes several people's experiences as well.

Gaby said:
I have this one:

It is cheap, it doesn't have iron and it has a good combo of minerals. Zinc is best taken separately, away from the chromium.

Good to hear about your iodine experience, I think it summarizes several people's experiences as well.

Thanks Gaby for the advice, much appreciated.

Gaby said:
Mr.Cyan said:
Its been Iodine for 5 months now - and except for the big flu, bromine rash (initially when I had high doses of above 50mg), and some leg cramps, its been good, and a thorough change of lifestyle and willpower. I have added minerals to my daily intake in order to re-mineralize, however since I could not find multi-mineral supplements without Iron, I normally take the minerals separately. Any suggestions of a good multi mineral supplement without Iron is welcome

I have this one:

Hi Gaby, I noticed it contains rice flour. Are supplements with rice flour are safe to take? I thought that rice contains about 5% of gluten. Is zink best taken on empty stomach?

Just reporting in: Continuing to take moderate iodine in both lugols' and KI forms alternating. I think that my system got topped up and this is optimal. Most folks, if they don't have specific conditions that need higher doses prolly ought to just take necessary amounts and have a break now and then. Also, remineralize since the iodine does help to get things going and also removes some minerals.

Since my last report here from 09-04-2016, i`m still taking iodine transdermaly - heel dosing. I increased the dosage to 4-5 drops of 1% Lugols and without any noticeable reaction. I usually go off iodine during the weekend.

4-5 days ago i have catch a big flu.The second and third day i was barely functioning. I took Vit C and the max i could get was 9 grams in a 9 hours. So it was 1 gram every hour until a bowel movement.
After those 2 terrible days i stopped iodine. Now i`m on again.
I feel so tired and exhausted now that its very hard even to write something.
I`ll keep with this heel dosage just a little more until i recover from the flu, and then i`ll start a gentle oral iodine supplementation.

Personnellement je continue depuis plusieurs mois sans interruption ce traitement qui me convient et ne m'apporte aucun désagrément... Pourquoi l'arrêter ?...
Directement au lever le matin : ½ cuillère à café de sel marin Celtic dans un grand verre d'eau et je parle à mon eau...
Petit déjeuner : 2 cuillerées à café de Glycine qui sucre mon thé
Directement après le petit-déjeuner : 1 comprimé super vitamine B complexe, 1 comprimé sélénium , Lugol 5 gouttes 12% dans un verre d'eau
Directement après le déjeuner midi : Chardon-Marie 1 comprimé ou 1 comprimé de NAC
Dans l'après-midi : 1 cuillerée à café Vitamine C dans un verre d’eau
Avant de dormir : magnésium 1 comprimé

Personally I continue this treatment for several months ceaselessly which invite me and bring me no inconvenience... Why to stop it?...
Directly in the survey the morning: ½ spoon with coffee of marine salt Celtic in a big glass of water and I speak to my water...
Breakfast: 2 scoopfuls with coffee of Wisteria which sweetens my tea
Directly after breakfast: 1 tablet great complex vitamin B, 1 tablet selenium, Lugol 5 drops 12 % in a glass of water
Directly after lunch midday: Thistle - marries 1 tablet or 1 tablet of NAC
In afternoon: 1 scoopful with coffee Vitamin C in a glass of water
Before sleeping: magnesium 1 tablet

Altair said:
Hi Gaby, I noticed it contains rice flour. Are supplements with rice flour are safe to take? I thought that rice contains about 5% of gluten.

It does. In that respect, it is not the best option. I tried to relax the rice ingredients in supplements, just as long as they don't have corn, GMOs, dairy, soy and wheat gluten. But I have my IgG tests negative for rice even though I ate it for the test.

Is zink best taken on empty stomach?

It is best taken during or after foods as it can give a little bit of a stomach ache, specially if there is low stomach acid. If you don't have any symptoms when you take it on an empty stomach, then it is okay to take it when it best suits you.

I tolerate it best when I take it while I'm eating.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Encapsulations-UltraNutrient-180s-FFP/dp/B00TGFNYVC/ref=pd_sim_121_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41QteafGGeL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR122%2C160_&refRID=0VQGM400VBN7NC07GGAF

I actually use this UltraNutrient by Pure Encapsulation. It's a bit on the expensive side, with 180 Capsules, but it also has a lot of the co-factors normally recommended when taking Iodine, which include, (but not limited to):

Vitamin E
Thiamine
Riboflavin
Vitamin B12, B6 and B5
Niacinamide
L-5-MTHF
Magnesium (Although small amount)
Zinc
Selenium
Potassium
Boron
CoQ10
ALA
Tumeric and Curccumin
Milk Thistle
Ginger
Hawthorn
Mixed carotenoids

It doesn't explicitly say it is Gluten-free or Grain-Free, but I also don't seen any indication it contains any grains at all.

I'm continuing to take 1 drop 5% Lugols once a day. Sometimes I skip 2-3 days. For the last month my eyes have been very blood shot. I read about this symptom way back somewhere when I was first studying iodine, did a search of the thread here and didn't find any definitive info. Vaguely recall it was related to the thyroid in some material I read, somewhere. Is anyone experiencing this or have an answer?

I'm not very good at taking supplements or following a specific protocol for any length of time. I haven't been taking the co factors, magnesium, vit c, salt water etc. and my water intake has been low. Even so, I'm having so much more mental clarity. Also I'm having a sense of comprehending the motivations of others on a deeper level other then what they express superficially, on the surface. This could be the affect of more mental clarity. Iodine and fat are helping my brain no doubt.

This red eye business needs to be looked into more to see if anything more serious is going on. Its the season for allergies and I've a small bit of that going on. Also I wear reading glasses throughout the day for long periods that may be causing eye strain. I'm my own doctor and cant afford blood tests or anything related to spending more $ at this time.

One somewhat disturbing consequence of these red eyes is how people look at me and respond. We have legalized pot here and I suspect they may think I'm stoned! I dont care for this much and it happened with an employer which is not good. So I purchased a bottle of Visine for these uncomfortable social situations.
p.s. I do take selenium with the iodine.

Found this on the CureZone under Iodine Supplementation Support, http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1579411

You can grate an organic apple and put that over your eyes, let the juice seep in- that will soothe them...

You might want to pause your dosage/back down, as red eyes can be a symptom of liver stress. The body can only detox so quickly, no use trying to push it...I'm glad that you're feeling great but your eyes are indicating that you're overdoing it...

Liver support sounds good. Really need to up the water. The same page mentions dark circles under the eyes, which has become more pronounced for me recently as well which indicates liver issues. I have inherited this dark circle issue from my father, did he have liver issues as well, maybe. But its also due to the thinness or transparency of the skin in this area showing the blood underneath, which isn't a health issue.

Gaby said:
I have this one:

I wanted to add some vitamins/minerals to my diet in relation to the iodine protocol but I'm currently a bit lost with all the different formulas and prices wich can be pretty expensive for ma situation. I think i will take this one to try even if it contains rice flour although i'm not very sensitive to rice in general. Thanks man !

Eol said:
Gaby said:
I have this one:

I wanted to add some vitamins/minerals to my diet in relation to the iodine protocol but I'm currently a bit lost with all the different formulas and prices wich can be pretty expensive for ma situation. I think i will take this one to try even if it contains rice flour although i'm not very sensitive to rice in general. Thanks man !

Hi Eol,

you could also try liquid mineral drops, like this one: _https://www.amazon.fr/Liqumins-ConcenTrace-Trace-Mineral-Bouteille/dp/B000AMUWLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461687976&sr=8-1&keywords=concentrace

Back
Top Bottom