Is Green Energy REALLY green?

The most surprising part for me was learning hydro power produces large quantities of methane. I didn't know that. What a disaster for the green agenda narrative!

I did not now that either, that's very surprising.

I watched an interview from an Australian spokesperson (can't find the video), and she was talking about the massive issues with wind turbines in Australian. I think she worked for one of the political parties and, if I remember correctly, she said that the costs of installing and maintaining wind turbines would never equal the power you get from them(in fact the difference is staggering). According to her wind turbines need to continue spinning, even during low winds, so wind turbines will require power when winds are down. Turbines are very expensive to build and maintain, and are a death sentence to many birds.

The government is paying obscene amounts for the building and initial maintenance of wind turbines to private companies. These companies pay land owners and even famers to use their land, but these people who agree to install turbines are in danger of having to deal with the maintenance issues down the road when these wind turbines fail(which occur frequently). It seems like many green energies are being held together by tax payer dollars, which is almost as good as duck tape.

:umm: Wow, that was fast!

The subtitles are up now. Thanks!!!
Well, to be fair, it wasn´t THAT much; it´s only a 9-minute video and you didn´t talk that fast, so summa summarum - was quickly done! :-D

Here is also a SOTT article published on hr.sott:

Here is also a SOTT article published on hr.sott:

I added the secret code to the embedded video to make it automatically load the Croatian subtitles. ;-D

I watched an interview from an Australian spokesperson (can't find the video), and she was talking about the massive issues with wind turbines in Australian. I think she worked for one of the political parties and, if I remember correctly, she said that the costs of installing and maintaining wind turbines would never equal the power you get from them(in fact the difference is staggering). According to her wind turbines need to continue spinning, even during low winds, so wind turbines will require power when winds are down. Turbines are very expensive to build and maintain, and are a death sentence to many birds.

I don't know much about the details of wind turbines, but common sense tells me it's not as simple as it's presented.

Buy ANY appliance or gizmo, and sure, maybe for 5 years it works great - if you're lucky. Then things start breaking. People LOVE talking about the maintenance costs of nuke plants, for example, but they never want renewables criticized in the same way. That's crazy.

Even for solar, the panels may last 20-30 years, but they produce less and less power the older they get. Even then, you need inverters to turn DC into AC, and those are electronics that fail far more quickly than 20-30 years - esp. in harsher environments like in the middle of a desert where it's hot and sunny.

And then there are details like Aeneas mentioned in a comment on my vid where they often spray anti-algae stuff on panels. I mean, that's another point where you go, "Oh! I never thought of that!" Depending on the environment, it's not just, "solar panel produces energy forever, you're done."

The whole thing is very accurately represented by all the memes on social media right now... The ones where somebody shows the bill for a new battery pack for a 3-5 year old electric car. That car is an instant liability for both the owner and the dealer. How on earth can you resell an electric car at a profit when you have to pay 16k for a new giant battery?? And THEN there's the recent report that electric cars have 73% more problems reported than normal cars.

Hybrid cars are a great idea - as long as you sell it before the battery pack dies!

It's just utter madness... Like so many things these days!

The most surprising part for me was learning hydro power produces large quantities of methane. I didn't know that. What a disaster for the green agenda narrative!
Yes, didn´t know that either!

Also, I didn´t know that they are planning to drill in Croatia. First I thought about how (light) earthquakes regularly hit Croatia. I did a quick search and - yep - in that particular area where they plan to drill, there were light earthquakes in the last 2 years!

Also, 3 years ago, almost to the day, there was a strong 6,3M devastating earthquake (with very strong aftershocks) that hit an area not 100km from the area mentioned in the video where they plan to drill!

And then, right on queue, in the video was an example of how a huge crack opened on the Island - that has geothermal power plants!

Why on earth would anyone poke around an area prone to earthquakes and volcanoes!?
It´s insane! :nuts:

And on the topic of wind turbines, I´ll never forget this image:
1702554730628.png
Fragments of wind turbine blades await burial at the Casper Regional Landfill in Wyoming.
Photographer: Benjamin Rasmussen for Bloomberg Green

Also, there´s this as well: Green Fail: Dozens of Scottish wind turbines powered by diesel generators, pour hydraulic oil into countryside -- Sott.net

:ohboy:

The whole thing is very accurately represented by all the memes on social media right now... The ones where somebody shows the bill for a new battery pack for a 3-5 year old electric car. That car is an instant liability for both the owner and the dealer. How on earth can you resell an electric car at a profit when you have to pay 16k for a new giant battery??

I'm afraid the numbers are worse than that, Scottie. Here are some horror stories:

My personal favorite: green hydrogen. :whistle:

The irony is embedded in the name and in the definition! It's a mad GreenHouse2.

Perfect market timing, eh?

Greenbacks... history repeats itself!

The 'green' scam follows the 'paper' money scam rather closely...

The plan is obvious: "replace what works with what doesn't work, make loads of 'monopoly' money in the process, and keep global enthusiasm below 1.5C so people don't boil from the inside."

Another Civil War ready to give Americans a run for their money?
just wait until hydrogen fires will erupt. i worked in the space technologies and h2 is a gas very difficult to keep from leaking. you can't smell it, it accumulates and can burn.
and remember the hindenburg... all its proponents surely never have worked with it...

More horror stories:

His electric vehicle battery died. One year later, he's still waiting for a replacement | CBC News

Twelve months after the battery died on his Nissan Leaf, Atif Harooni is still driving a rental car because the replacement battery has proven difficult to replace thanks to evolving technology and supply chain issues.

Some car owners looking to replace the battery that powers their Nissan Leaf electric vehicles are frustrated with how long it's taking to get back on the road.

Mississauga, Ont., resident Atif Harooni bought a new Leaf in 2017 to save money on gas and to take advantage of a $14,000 government rebate for electric vehicles.

"It was good and it all ran well," Harooni told CBC Toronto in an interview. "I really like driving it and it's very little maintenance."

But much of his goodwill has since drained.

Harooni was told the vehicle's main high-voltage battery needed to be replaced after the car broke down on the highway twice last year: first in late November, then again one week later. He had to hire a tow truck to haul it to his local dealership in Milton, Ont., both times.

While the replacement falls under the warranty covering 160,000 km or eight years, whichever comes first, Harooni said he is still waiting for it to arrive — and he has no idea when that might be.

He said at first he was told by staff at the Milton dealership that a replacement battery was in stock and would be ready in a week. Then, he was told he would have to wait three months.

One year later, Harooni's still driving a courtesy rental car and paying out of pocket for gas while his Nissan Leaf sits in the parking lot of the dealership. He said he's moved up from 17th to 15th in the nationwide queue for replacement batteries, but still doesn't have an estimated date for when he might get one.

In a recent email to Harooni viewed by CBC Toronto, a representative of Nissan Canada said the automaker is experiencing "global supply chain shortages," causing delays in the production and delivery of electric vehicle batteries in Canada.

"Initially, I was OK with it. I understood there might be supply chain issues. But not giving me the ETA is just frustrating," Harooni said. "They are producing new car batteries right now, so I'm not sure why they can't produce replacement batteries."

Harooni is not the only Nissan Leaf driver waiting indefinitely for a replacement battery.

Chris Hornibrook, who lives near Sherbrooke, Que., said he bought a used 2016 Nissan Leaf four years ago. When the battery failed this October, the dealership told him it would need to be replaced.

"[They said] it might be a year, year and a half, who knows?" he said.

Harooni's and Hornibrook's experiences come just as the federal government is encouraging automakers to boost production of battery-powered cars and trucks by effectively banning the sale of new passenger vehicles powered only by gasoline or diesel in 2035.

Cara Clairman, CEO of the non-profit Plug'n Drive, said it's extremely rare for electric vehicle batteries to fail completely, so the risk of battery failure shouldn't discourage consumers from buying an electric vehicle.

"A lemon can happen, but … the data that we have shows, actually, that the batteries are lasting extremely, extremely well," she said.

CBC Toronto reached out to Nissan Canada about Harooni's case, requesting an interview and sending a detailed list of questions.

In an email statement, spokesperson Douâa Jazouli wrote: "We have been working diligently on a compatible replacement battery for the 30kW-h Lithium Ion Battery included in the model year 2017 LEAF, which is no longer in production, and are approaching a sustainable fix for the Canadian market."

Jazouli said Nissan Canada is planning to provide Harooni with a "fuel reimbursement expense" and is working on possible buy-back options at Harooni's request.

Dimitry Anastakis, a business and history professor at the University of Toronto who's written several books on the automotive industry, said it's a challenge for Nissan to source a battery originally produced by a third-party supplier for a car that's been out of production for years, because the battery is no longer being produced and there are few available on the replacement market.

This is particularly the case for the Nissan Leaf, he said, because it was a "pioneer" in the electric vehicle market, and the batteries used for older models have been replaced by newer ones that aren't necessarily compatible.

"The reason that it's hard to get this gentleman a new battery is because he's got one of the very first electric vehicles and there's not a lot of these batteries kicking around," Anastakis said.

"There weren't a lot of them made, and at this stage of the game, that's a technology from 2017 that Nissan and its partners have really moved on from."

Nissan was the first carmaker to achieve widespread success with a zero-emissions electric vehicle. After first hitting the road in December 2010, the Leaf was the world's best-selling electric vehicle for many years, until it was surpassed for the first time in 2020 by Tesla's Model 3, according to Nissan and Tesla's own figures.

Nissan said it has sold 20,327 Leaf vehicles in Canada since it launched in 2011.

After CBC News contacted Nissan Canada about Harooni's situation, he said the company reached out to him this week to apologize and inform him they are looking into paying him back for gas and towing expenses he's incurred, and will hopefully provide a new ETA for the battery soon.

He said his preference is to have the battery replaced and to keep the vehicle, but if it doesn't happen within the next few months, he wants Nissan to buy the vehicle back from him.

"I really like that car," he said. "I don't want it ending up in a landfill."

Thanks for sharing. There are so many things wrong with this green energy hype, that it is flabbergasting. And we can only wait and see where it ends, especially the batteries that are used in cars, as the above examples show.

I think green energy is good for small projects, like supporting them with energy or in an emergency, but not on an industrial scale to keep our comfortable standards. Especially here in Germany constant and reliable energy is needed to produce stuff and the industry cannot wait, till the sun shines again or in winter that the industry goes into hibernation, because of lots of cloud cover and less sun.

feHyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000? This is worse than Tesla!

The video is 22minutes long. it essentially shows a face in front of a microphone. what is the message???
life is too short to invest 22 minutes into a hyundai battery...

Apart from replacement cost, an electric car loses mileage as the car ages! Would you really want to buy such a car? :huh:

“One of the questions that people have when it comes to electric cars, especially Teslas, is how much range do you lose over time,” the owner of the 2017 Model X explains. And then proceeds to show just how much – by gingerly driving his device as far as it can go on a charge after seven years of discharge/charge cycles and about 105,000 miles of driving.

The answer is about 32 percent less than the driving range it supposedly had (according to Tesla’s advertising) when it was new, which was 295 miles.

The video is 22minutes long. it essentially shows a face in front of a microphone. what is the message???
life is too short to invest 22 minutes into a hyundai battery...

If you go to YT, you can find the timestamps for the video:

00:00 - Intro
00:14 - Why I feel bad for Hyundai EV owners
00:27 - Crediting MotorMouth
00:47 - Starting the story
01:40 - The problem with the protective cover not being replaceable...
02:04 - Lithium ion batteries explode. We know, we know
02:40 - Tradeoffs are a reality of life
03:07 - An absolute piece of garbage
03:34 - What we USED to do
04:55 - Hyundai offered the customer a mild discount on buying a new one
05:10 - You need proper tools & procedures to replace the battery casing!!!
05:55 - The OEMs don't have these tools, training or prodecures either.
06:50 - the gtfoh price
07:55 - They doubled the price when insurance got involved
08:04 - I do not believe Hyundai dealers have the tools, training, or knowhow to do these repairs.
09:02 - Even Tesla is better than Hyundai here.
09:50 - They offered him a small discount
10:15 - The parallel with my industry
11:50 - The worst part - Hyundai hung their dealers out to dry - SHAMEFUL BEHAVIOR
13:20 - Hyundai lied about it being a misquote from 1 dealer when it was numerous dealers
14:26 - Cooling system failures - with NO dashboard warning!
14:50 - The dealer let him leave with this without telling him
15:56 - The car has an app, diagnostics tab showed no problems
16:28 - Does this make sense?
16:45 - Why I do what I do
17:12 - Where I was wrong
17:33 - WhY ArE yOu So NeGAtiVe
19:39 - My new toy, just because

You can also read AI generated summary, like you can get on this website:

00:00:00 - 00:20:00
In the YouTube video "Hyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000?", the host discusses a Hyundai Ioniq EV owner who received a shocking replacement cost estimate of $60,000 for a damaged battery protective cover from Hyundai dealerships. The exorbitant cost prompted the owner to consider purchasing a new car. The host raises concerns about the lack of proper diagnostic tools and procedures to assess battery damage and questioning dealers' willingness or ability to perform repairs economically. Comparing Hyundai's approach unfavorably to Tesla, the host emphasizes that accurate inspections and assessments are crucial before assuming the worst and making costly decisions. The situation extends to an unfixable cooling system issue with the vehicle's battery, which the dealership allegedly did not inform the customer of, leading to suspicion and criticism. The host also shares a personal experience of dealing with high repair costs and expresses concerns over industry trends towards cloud-connected devices

00:00:00 In this section of the YouTube video titled "Hyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000?", the host speaks about a Hyundai Ionic EV owner who drove over some debris on the road and sustained damage to the protective cover of the lithium-ion battery. The cost to replace the cover is quoted at $60,000 by Hyundai, leading the owner to consider purchasing a new car instead. The host expresses shock at the exorbitant repair cost and compares it unfavorably to Tesla. However, upon further investigation, it is revealed that the damage to the protective cover doesn't necessarily mean the battery is damaged or needs to be replaced. The cover's role is to protect the battery from debris that could potentially puncture it and cause an explosion. Even though the cover has been damaged, the battery and cells inside should be inspected before assuming the worst. The host emphasizes that such calculations and trade-offs, considering the risks and costs, have been made in the past with traditional internal combustion engine vehicles, but with electric vehicles, there seems to be a different approach, potentially leading to unnecessary expenses for customers

00:05:00 In this section of the YouTube video titled "Hyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000?", the speaker expresses frustration over a $60,000 repair bill for a damaged battery in a Hyundai Ioniq. He criticizes the lack of proper diagnostic tools and procedures to determine the extent of the damage, suggesting that dealers are not equipped to assess the battery's condition accurately. The speaker argues against trusting third-party repair shops and instead advocates for manufacturer dealerships, only to discover that they, too, lack the necessary tools and knowledge to assess the damage effectively. The speaker conveys his belief that Hyundai dealers are unwilling or unable to perform the repair economically and may be uninterested in electric vehicles, citing excessive repair prices and inadequate diagnostic procedures. The speaker contrasts Hyundai's approach with that of Tesla, which offers battery replacements for a significantly lower cost. Hyundai's response to the situation was offering the customer a new vehicle at a discount, which the speaker finds hard to believe given the relatively new age and condition of the vehicle

00:10:00 In this section of the YouTube video titled "Hyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000? This is worse than Tesla!", the speaker discusses his experience with a customer who was quoted an exorbitant price for a car battery replacement from a Hyundai dealership. He argues that this practice is not unique to electric vehicles or Apple computers, but is widespread across industries. The speaker also shares a personal anecdote about his friend Dino, who taught him the importance of taking responsibility for one's actions. The speaker then reveals that the customer was given similar quotes from multiple Hyundai dealerships, contradicting the company's claim that the customer was misquoted by an independent dealer. The speaker criticizes Hyundai for trying to discredit independent dealers and throwing them under the bus for following the company's policies. The situation worsens when it is discovered that the battery's internal cooling system was ruptured, but the car was still able to fast charge and operate normally with no dashboard errors, leading the speaker to suspect that one of two possibilities: either the dealerships were unaware of the issue or they intentionally misrepresented the severity of the problem to charge exorbitant prices

00:15:00 In this section of the YouTube video titled "Hyundai Ioniq Repair Riddle: Why Does a Battery Cost $60,000? This is worse than Tesla!", the speaker discusses a customer's experience with a Hyundai dealership. The customer was initially told that the dealership had discovered extensive damage, but later found out that the dealer had only identified a cooling system issue with the vehicle's 50 kW hour battery. Despite this, the dealership allowed the customer to drive away with no warning of the issue. The speaker expresses concern over the dealer's negligence and criticizes the industry's trend towards unfixable, cloud-connected devices. The debate revolves around which door the dealer was telling the truth behind - lying about the damage or admitting to it, and which scenario is worse

I would call this a major clue.

Hertz is selling 20,000 electric vehicles to buy gasoline cars instead
Hertz, which has made a big push into electric vehicles in recent years, has decided it’s time to cut back. The company will sell off a third of its electric fleet, totaling roughly 20,000 vehicles, and use the money they bring to purchase more gasoline powered vehicles.

Electric vehicles have been hurting Hertz’s financials, executives have said, because, despite costing less to maintain, they have higher damage-repair costs and, also, higher depreciation.

“[C]ollision and damage repairs on an EV can often run about twice that associated with a comparable combustion engine vehicle,” Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr said in a recent analyst call.

Back
Top Bottom